IGNORED

Brandy starts over, all over again.

oscar

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's the fundy version of 50 Shades of Grey! LOL. Seriously, though, I thought FJ was really nice to her. If she doesn't want us to find her, she wouldn't be out there and so easily accessible.

:lol:

LOVE #unschooling ... LOVE it! Just gave Gabriella a basic rundown of how to read sheet music for a mini-game w/in her game.

That probably took all of five minutes, which is the most time she's spent on education in the last 6 months.

I just read some of her tweets.

Boy oh boy, what a rebel. She's talking about drinking beer! And swearing!

It's like she's a whole new person! See, kids? You can be hip and cool and still love Jeebus.

:roll:

Let us know if Brandy actually ventures outside the confines of the trailer, or if she's just staying inside the guard the tubs o' grain.

From twitter:

Not looking forward to this vacation ending. Jason's been letting me sleep in every morning!

Do you think she has a kind of illness for being so exhausted all the time ? It doesn't sound normal, she is only 30, her 2 children are not babies and her life doesn't appear to be very tiring...

Her husband has a very deserved vacation, he should be the one sleeping in, not her !

Well, looks like we're back to growing dreadlocks:

livingthenowbrandy.blogspot.com/2012/05/dreadlocks-first-6-weeks.html

It's really hilariously ironic - she wants something so bad that would require a input of time and consistency to get. I don't seriously think she can do it, but it would be kind of great to be proven wrong.

Dreadlocks are like the perfect symbol of the ultimate challenge for Brandy's constitution.

It's really hilariously ironic - she wants something so bad that would require a input of time and consistency to get. I don't seriously think she can do it, but it would be kind of great to be proven wrong.

Dreadlocks are like the perfect symbol of the ultimate challenge for Brandy's constitution.

Yes, with hair like her, it's going to take ages to get dreads the "natural way"...

Love it! You are brilliant.

What kind of hair is needed to get dreads the natural way? Very coarse hair? I just wondered this because I can easily go days and sometimes couple weeks without combing my hair. I just don't get tangles easily, I don't need to comb my now mid-back length hair. I don't think I could have natural dreads...well, never, really.

What kind of hair is needed to get dreads the natural way? Very coarse hair? I just wondered this because I can easily go days and sometimes couple weeks without combing my hair. I just don't get tangles easily, I don't need to comb my now mid-back length hair. I don't think I could have natural dreads...well, never, really.

Depends. I have thin, curly hair and my hair starts knotting if I don't brush it every few days.(Because its curly, I don't brush often or I get a nasty frizz going. I have gone back and forth with dreads many times, finally deciding my hair is just too thin to have it look good. I would think that straight,"slippery" hair would be much harder to dread because the knots won't stay well. I know several women of different races with dreads and none of them seem to have that slippery hair. I don;t know Brandy,but her 6 week picture is what mine looks like if I brush it.

I had for real dreads that I made by backcombing my hair (which is thin and curly, like clibbyjo's, but is also very coarse). I spent time every single day rolling my dreads in my palms to smooth them out and mat them further (I had no wax in them, so they needed to be coaxed into staying together). After a year or so, they no longer needed daily care (I could even shampoo and condition them), but that first year required more time and effort than Brandy puts into her kids' schooling. Either go big or go home, girl!

I clicked on Jason's blog. Oh dear.

1. Re: "Nashville Sonnet" That is not a sonnet. A sonnet has 14 lines and a specific rhyming pattern. It is hard to do.

2. Re: "Rejection Will Make You A Better Writer". Quote: "1) Your not everyone's cup of tea". How about this: 1) You need to turn yourself in to the Society for the Misuse of the Apostrophe and go re-do grade 3 Language Arts before you start calling yourself a writer.

From twitter:

Do you think she has a kind of illness for being so exhausted all the time ? It doesn't sound normal, she is only 30, her 2 children are not babies and her life doesn't appear to be very tiring...

Her husband has a very deserved vacation, he should be the one sleeping in, not her !

It's possible that she's depressed. Sometimes people who are depressed get a lot of that fatigue stuff going on. She may be cycling between manic highs and deep depression and if so she needs to see an actual doctor.

I think she's depressed. She doesn't seem to leave the trailer much and doesn't seem to do much except sit around on the computer. She "unschools" so that conveniently doesn't require her to put much effort into her childrens' education. She needs a focus on something (besides religion). She obviously has intelligence and is interested in things. She just needs to focus it outward instead of inward.

I clicked on Jason's blog. Oh dear.

1. Re: "Nashville Sonnet" That is not a sonnet. A sonnet has 14 lines and a specific rhyming pattern. It is hard to do.

2. Re: "Rejection Will Make You A Better Writer". Quote: "1) Your not everyone's cup of tea". How about this: 1) You need to turn yourself in to the Society for the Misuse of the Apostrophe and go re-do grade 3 Language Arts before you start calling yourself a writer.

He has been reading Stephen King's book on writing. I think King used that exact phrase, but with proper grammar cuz he's a real writer. King said that he put a nail in his wall and would put rejections on it, knowing that every rejection brought him closer to getting published. He had to add at least one other nail before he finally got one of his stories in a magazine.

I love that book, but one thing I don't like is that it offers a lot of false hope. Some people are not natural writers; you have to have a natural feel for language and also be a great storyteller or it comes out horrible.

I haven't yet combed my hair this morning and I will gleefully report that my dreds are far more advanced than hers.

:greetings-wavingyellow: Hi Brandy! No cake for you.

What I find so hilarious about this dreads "journey" is that she has no understanding of how major of a commitment it is (like some have already mentioned). What's funniest in my little brain is that if she actually manages to accomplish getting real dreads (which, quite frankly, I'd fall over from shock, if she does)-I'd bet my ass she hasn't thought through to what needs to be done if you tire of them.

This is just delightfully funny to me.

I think dreds combined with no poo could result in something that is not very attractive on an olfactory level :lol:

I don't know if she has a mental illness, but she seems to have had a very rough childhood and youth...

There is no shame in getting medical help, and I think a good therapy would be a great help for her, and probably for Jason too...

It's possible that she's depressed. Sometimes people who are depressed get a lot of that fatigue stuff going on. She may be cycling between manic highs and deep depression and if so she needs to see an actual doctor.

I wonder about this, too. I keep some of my personal crazy/history off of here for pretty obvious reasons, but Brandy reminds me a lot of myself in many ways. I've been diagnosed with bipolar and depression in the past and did a lot of flip flopping, especially during the times I was between doctors or unable to afford treatment (which is funny typing this, because I've definitely gotten more fundie again in some ways the past year or so and haven't seen my doc since several months before I started swinging back this way). One of the reasons I am slower to make changes now is because I've sort of realized this and try to take the time to see if a desire to change will pass and to tell if it's really a good change or if it's just the crazy talking.

I think depression might be a factor with a lot of people who are drawn to or involved in certain circles/groups of internet fundies. It's sort of a taboo topic, but many of the people I know or bloggers I've read have mentioned depression, if only in the past tense, and a lot of the stuff in some people's backstories and sometimes present-day blogs seem to indicate it. If y'all remember Candy's "Misty Clarity" story, that was the one thing out of it all that rang true with me (and I wonder if it was biographical, at least in part) - the whole setup of being stressed out, not getting stuff done, schlepping around in sweats, etc sounded a lot like me and some of the other people I know who were very depressed and felt it lifted, at least short-term, by religion.

I'm one of those people that things most people could probably benefit from therapy at least short term, but it can be hard to find a good doctor and can also be pretty cost prohibitive. Most psychiatrists around here charge $100-150+ an hour. I had an awesome doc that worked with a lot of uninsured people, but he charges $65 an appointment, which has been too much for me to afford since I quit work. There are sliding scale places, but my experience with those in the past was not very positive and there was a pretty high turnover rate so if you found a doc you clicked with, chances are they'd move on and you'd end up starting over. Sometimes, even if you think you might want or need help, it might not be so easy to get. Agoraphobia and/or not having a working vehicle adds a whole new layer to that because it makes getting there an issues, even if cost isn't.

I wonder about this, too. I keep some of my personal crazy/history off of here for pretty obvious reasons, but Brandy reminds me a lot of myself in many ways. I've been diagnosed with bipolar and depression in the past and did a lot of flip flopping, especially during the times I was between doctors or unable to afford treatment (which is funny typing this, because I've definitely gotten more fundie again in some ways the past year or so and haven't seen my doc since several months before I started swinging back this way). One of the reasons I am slower to make changes now is because I've sort of realized this and try to take the time to see if a desire to change will pass and to tell if it's really a good change or if it's just the crazy talking.

I think depression might be a factor with a lot of people who are drawn to or involved in certain circles/groups of internet fundies. It's sort of a taboo topic, but many of the people I know or bloggers I've read have mentioned depression, if only in the past tense and a lot of the stuff in some people's backstories and sometimes present-day blogs seem to indicate it. If y'all remember Candy's "Misty Clarity" story, that was the one thing out of it all that rang true with me (and I wonder if it was biographical, at least in part) - the whole setup of being stressed out, not getting stuff done, schlepping around in sweats, etc sounded a lot like me and some of the other people I know who were very depressed and felt it lifted, at least short-term, by religion.

I'm one of those people that things most people could probably benefit from therapy at least short term, but it can be hard to find a good doctor and can also be pretty cost prohibitive. Most psychiatrists around here charge $100-150+ an hour. I had an awesome doc that worked with a lot of uninsured people, but he charges $65 an appointment, which has been too much for me to afford since I quit work. There are sliding scale places, but my experience with those in the past was not very positive and there was a pretty high turnover rate so if you found a doc you clicked with, chances are they'd move on and you'd end up starting over. Sometimes, even if you think you might want or need help, it might not be so easy to get. Agoraphobia and/or not having a working vehicle adds a whole new layer to that because it makes getting there an issues, even if coast isn't.

I agree with you, this why they need to live near some of their family. When you are not able to seek help by yourself, your family should feel concerned and show you what is wrong...

Archived