IGNORED

Brandy starts over, all over again.

oscar

Yeah, she is pretty and her smile seems genuine ! They are getting piercing too, she said it on twitter, I'm not sure about the DIY piercing though :think:

No money to get the car fixed but money for piercings. :roll:

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't lie - I am really, really excited to see what she blogs about, and what persona she effects this time around. And how long it lasts.

I can't lie - I am really, really excited to see what she blogs about, and what persona she effects this time around. And how long it lasts.

I am too. She's rather creative for a religionist and she certainly knows a little about a lot, I'm hoping this will be a fun incarnation for all of us.

Guest Anonymous

Those poor kids of hers. Thinking about them shut up at home all the time not getting the things they need makes me so sad.

I continue to hope for the best for Brandy and her family. She's clearly intelligent and needs some sort of concrete identity to feel fulfilled. I wish she'd harness the power of the internet for self-improvement and edification. Reading a few feminist Christians might help her form her own identity, even if she disagreed with them. If I could I'd send her Mary Oliver's The Journey.

Edited bc I'm still unused to the formatting here.

No money to get the car fixed but money for piercings. :roll:

Yes, her priorities are quite unusual...

And...back by popular demand, Brandy!

livingthenowbrandy.blogspot.com/2012/05/fumbling-beginning.html

I reverted back to old comfortable ultra-Conservative ways that has never really been Jason and I. It's almost cult-like how we can get afraid we're doing our Walks wrong and scramble back to what's comfortable to get our lives and our Walk with Jesus "right".

And...

So I did something many others suggested: I stepped away.

And it's been good. For me and my family.

There has been peace. Stability. Joy. A general letting go. It's been very good.

We have heard this song and dance before.

Less than a month. I think here 'need to write' is a need to interact with anyone. Its a pity she's back on the 'nets with the weather getting nice. Her kids could have enjoyed some extended outdoor time with her. I'm guessing the car isn't fixed.

Every time she shuts a blog down and comes back she says she needed the time away to get right with god.

Nothing has changed. Nothing at all.

I wish she would take the real advice and get some help.

I really think she would benefit from some kind of job outside the home where she can interact with real people. Or going to church or volunteering or something. Something that doesn't involve baring her soul on the internet to complete strangers in an attempt for some human interaction.

I really think she would benefit from some kind of job outside the home where she can interact with real people. Or going to church or volunteering or something. Something that doesn't involve baring her soul on the internet to complete strangers in an attempt for some human interaction.

Word, so much word. I think she's depressed and agoraphobic. She and those daughters never step outside the trailer, and Jason enables that self-destructive behavior. She uses her religion as a means to shut herself away from the world. It's not healthy.

She needs to get those girls on the school bus to the public school, instead of shutting them away like she does herself.

She needs to get out of that house. I've no doubt she thinks it's easier to have her 'social life' on one side of a computer screen but it is doing her no good at all. She needs to get out, meet people and start to live her life. At the moment she is just blogging it away.

I just clicked on her Pintrest link. (pinterest.com/brandycormier30/) 100+ pics on her dreads board, 0 on her homeschool board. I think that says it all.

Brandy, you are clearly more interested in yourself than your daughters. Sign them up for summer camp, and in the fall send them to school. The way things are going they are will hate you when they grow up! And by grow up here I'm thinking turn about 12. At least give them the chance to meet some healthy adults who would be better role-models. If I had been homeschooled by my mom I'm not sure we both would have survived. As much of a nightmare as school was at times, at least it got me out of the house. What really got me through adolescence were activities I was involved in that I liked and made me feel accomplished. Without those, I hate to think of what life would have been like. It certainly would not have been good. I know your kids aren't there yet but they will be soon, and all of these different incarnations of yourself, they will remember them and through them back at you. It's going to be ugly.

I just clicked on her Pintrest link. (pinterest.com/brandycormier30/) 100+ pics on her dreads board, 0 on her homeschool board. I think that says it all.

That huge blank space is really telling, isn't it? :?

She is like a very young teenager. This week I am a cheerleader preppie, now I am Goth, now I am a deadhead. Most of us have done some version of this, but we did it in junior high.

Brandy, you need to send your children to school so they get some normality and some sense of continuity while you are deciding who you are. We all know that you will be onto a new identity by the end of the summer. There is nothing they could learn at school that is more destructive than your constantly changing lifestyle.

She is like a very young teenager. This week I am a cheerleader preppie, now I am Goth, now I am a deadhead. Most of us have done some version of this, but we did it in junior high.

Brandy, you need to send your children to school so they get some normality and some sense of continuity while you are deciding who you are. We all know that you will be onto a new identity by the end of the summer. There is nothing they could learn at school that is more destructive than your constantly changing lifestyle.

I agree. I can't imagine what her poor kids must think. :(

Some comments on Brandy's blog today:

Anonymous ~S~ said...

Hi Brandy,

I'm glad to see that you're blogging again. I have been aware of your comings and goings for awhile now and am rooting for you to find the path that suits you and your family best while giving your kids ample opportunities in life for learning and growth. I know it's important to you to raise them with the morals and ideals you and Jason feel are important, and I want to encourage you that it CAN be done while also exposing them to the outside world in the way of play dates, church activities (even if you don't want to attend services, many churches offer activities and social things to non-members)and meeting other like minded families.

One thing: I feel you should steer clear of free jinger. Yes, there are some nice people over there- they aren't all watching and waiting for people to fail all the time, but a lot of them are, and are very gleeful about it. I read the threads you participated in and was appalled at their treatment of you. You don't need their approval, or anyone else's. They will of course get wind of your new blog and come here to bait you. Don't take the bait.

Anyway, good luck and God Bless.

~S~

May 14, 2012 2:11 PM

Brandy C. said...

Thank you for your ... concern? I assure you our children are perfectly healthy and able to socialize just fine :-)

As you can see, Free Jinger has already found me. It's like there are people spending all their internet time searching for us or something because it only takes them a day or so after we begin something for them to find us.

I'm well aware of how they work over there ... some things they're right on about people, some they're not. It's a gossip site, pure and simple. But they can do as they wish over there, I care not. I don't go there any longer and don't plan to go there any longer.

May 15, 2012 6:04 PM

Were we really that awful? I thought we were pretty mild, for us.

That's probably the healthiest thing I've heard from her. (Do I believe her? No.) But, Brandy needs to stop trying to please everyone and everything. It's like she's got OCD pleaser syndrome or something. She can't trust anyone, and yet she always seems to adopt everyone else's ideals as her own, as if her own aren't ever good enough. Add Jesus (and his crazy followers) into the mix, and she's supremely confused.

I wish she understood the real concept of grace and community. I am so sad for her.

Brandy C. said...

As you can see, Free Jinger has already found me. It's like there are people spending all their internet time searching for us or something because it only takes them a day or so after we begin something for them to find us.

I'm well aware of how they work over there ... some things they're right on about people, some they're not. It's a gossip site, pure and simple. But they can do as they wish over there, I care not. I don't go there any longer and don't plan to go there any longer.

May 15, 2012 6:04 PM

Sure...totally believable. :roll: Welcome back, Brandy!

I think this is what is really going on: FJ is open on her computer all day, and she spends all of her time refreshing the page instead of actually homeskooling or tending to her 1000 lbs of wheat.

I think this is what is really going on: FJ is open on her computer all day, and she spends all of her time refreshing the page instead of actually homeskooling or tending to her 1000 lbs of wheat.

I totally agree with you. Brandy has no one except her husband and kids. She thrives on the attention, it's vital to her. The fact that her husband is posting his responses to her blog is the funniest thing I've seen in ages. I guess she has to get off the chair so he can type.

It's the fundy version of 50 Shades of Grey! LOL. Seriously, though, I thought FJ was really nice to her. If she doesn't want us to find her, she wouldn't be out there and so easily accessible.

Archived