IGNORED

It's not Christmas until you bring up a rotting carcass.

formergothardite

A natural progression of overturning the Constitution, Enlightenment values of liberty of conscience,and bringing back cruel and unusual punishments?

Basically, you want a theocracy by majority rule.

Basically.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A natural progression of overturning the Constitution, Enlightenment values of liberty of conscience,and bringing back cruel and unusual punishments?

Basically, you want a theocracy by majority rule.

Josiah can you name one period in history when theocracy worked?

Israel. But not completely. It was made of men still. And men are sinful. The Bible never lets us forget that.

edited because is is present tense. I was talking about the past.

You don't know half my vision. You have no clue. I have not read the book. I will if I can. Who is it by?

I watched the video. There are lots of problems with it that I am not willing to go into here, but just search the scriptures for yourself, unless you just want to take the word of people who take 'contradictions' out of the bible, ripped out of context.

@ debrand Cant something creep me out every once in a while? Or did I lose that privilege here too, along with being a little snarky?

I was just wondering why a photo of a young woman creeped you out. I'm not certain why the question would bother you.

You don't know half my vision. You have no clue. I have not read the book. I will if I can. Who is it by?

I watched the video. There are lots of problems with it that I am not willing to go into here, but just search the scriptures for yourself, unless you just want to take the word of people who take 'contradictions' out of the bible, ripped out of context.

@ debrand Cant something creep me out every once in a while? Or did I lose that privilege here too, along with being a little snarky?

It involves stoning gay people. And unless you have changed your mind a huge amount from when you did your Guy's Point of view, it also involves suppressing women. In that book they go back to following the Laws of the Old Testament when it comes to punishing people.

And It is "A Handmaid's Tale" by Margaret Atwood. Go read it.

Does democracy, republic, and congress mean anything to you? The nation is a sum of its parts. What is going on in politics is a direct reflection on the minds of the people.

You want to change people's hearts and minds so that we throw out everything in the Constitution that protects religious minorities from having the religion of the majority forced on them. You want to remove protection from cruel and unusual punishments guaranteed by the Constitution. Do you really think it was the intent of the founders to enable the return of stoning for consensual sex between adults???? I don't think that type of "change in hearts and minds" would be a good thing.

Cruel, tyrannical regimes can come about with the approval of the majority. Look at Germany in the 1930's.

You want to change people's hearts and minds so that we throw out everything in the Constitution that protects religious minorities from having the religion of the majority forced on them. You want to remove protection from cruel and unusual punishments guaranteed by the Constitution. Do you really think it was the intent of the founders to enable the return of stoning for consensual sex between adults???? I don't think that type of "change in hearts and minds" would be a good thing.

Cruel, tyrannical regimes can come about with the approval of the majority. Look at Germany in the 1930's.

No, I consider The constitution as about as Biblical a foundation as it gets for a nation.

Forgive me, Lord,

LOL

Um...so you found the photo attractive? That's all right. A little disturbing to know that you might be using one hand to type though. :shock:

If you are going to use snark, it has to make sense or you're going to be asked to explain what you meant. And if someone doesn't understand the joke, just explain it. Remember, we can't see your expression.

What laws do you think there should be, since right now being gay isn't a crime, but you want to make it something deserving of a horrible, painful death. I'm assuming me since I had an abortion for my eptopic pregnancy. Would you pick up a stone and bash my head in too while you were killing Celestial?

No, I consider The constitution as about as Biblical a foundation as it gets for a nation.

Have you read it? How do you square stoning gays with the 8th Amendment? ( and I hope I would be brave enough to stand up to your gang of bullies so that they would have to stone me too- or put me in prison to shut me up.)

What laws do you think there should be, since right now being gay isn't a crime, but you want to make it something deserving of a horrible, painful death. I'm assuming me since I had an abortion for my eptopic pregnancy. Would you pick up a stone and bash my head in too while you were killing Celestial?

Do I get stoned twice because I'm bisexual??

Have you read it? How do you square stoning gays with the 8th Amendment? ( and I hope I would be brave enough to stand up to your gang of bullies so that they would have to stone me too- or put me in prison to shut me up.)

Just adding onto Flora's post. In America, we are protected from cruel and unusual punishments. That includes stoning.

How do you respect the constitution if you think that a group of people should be stoned?

Do I get stoned twice because I'm bisexual??

I had sex outside of marriage also. Perhaps I should be tortured and then stoned so I can really learn about a loving God.

Back to his abortion question, isn't it that the OT laws don't treat a fetus like a baby? If you kill a pregnant lady it isn't like you are murdering a baby?

I had sex outside of marriage also. Perhaps I should be tortured and then stoned so I can really learn about a loving God.

Not only am I not repetent because I had premarital sex but I think that birth control should be free. So, I guess that I'd be killed too.

So you wouldn't get rid of the Constitution. Good! What about people who reject your God? I used to be a Christian, but now am Buddhist and Atheist. I cannot believe honestly in your God, or any God. What would happen to the pesky part of the Constitution that says we win't establish a state religion? Would I be free not to believe?

And, you do understand that Celestial cannot choose to be straight, right? That was never a choice she made. I never chose to be straight, I'm just attracted to men.

I do have a problem with abortion. Would you give me a reference please?

BTW, your profile picture creeps me out. haha

There is no reference because the Bible never mentions abortion as being wrong. It is wrong for a man to attack a woman and cause a miscarriage, but apparently okay for a woman to end the pregnancy herself. Can you give me a place where it *does* call abortion wrong?

Archived