IGNORED

It's not Christmas until you bring up a rotting carcass.

formergothardite

Right after he picked up a stone and flug it at someone's head or forced someone into slavery.

I know I said I was done, but this makes my head explode.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Anonymous

:roll:

Please. I asked you totally unambiguous questions pages ago and you never responded to them. You know you can't defend what you're saying, so you're trying to dodge out of here without making yourself look any stupider than you already have. Just admit that you can't support your beliefs. People have used scripture and Biblical citations (and common human decency) to refute you, and you can't stand it so you're ducking out of here like the coward that you are.

I know I said I was done, but this makes my head explode.

Mine too. That someone who claims to be a follower of Christ would advocate stoning people who aren't even hurting other people and wouldn't fight against slavery makes me angry. And I am pretty sure it would make Jesus angry too.

Well, I'm not surprised that he couldn't make us see the sense in Doug Wilson's version of Calvinist Reformed Dominionism, because I don't think it makes much sense.

The millenialist Reformed viewpoint always blows me away. My parents were pretty strict old skool fundies, but they came out of the Mennonite Anabaptist tradition of separation of church and state. The idea was that we are pilgrims and strangers here on earth, Christ's kingdom is not of this world so Christians don't need an empire.

You should truly be ashamed of yourself, Josiah. I am actually sad that at your age you are so filled with hate and that despite reading the Bible, you have missed the key element of Jesus, love.

edited for riffle

Mine too. That someone who claims to be a follower of Christ would advocate stoning people who aren't even hurting other people and wouldn't fight against slavery makes me angry. And I am pretty sure it would make Jesus angry too.

Oh be fair, FG. He said he would turn them over to the state to get their heads bashed in by professional executioners.

That's true, he wouldn't do the dirty job himself. Josiah, go read the Bible and find where Jesus wanted to stone people.

Edited to add:

Josiah has gone the full circle of almost every fundie who comes here. They start off nice, get annoyed because it is pointed out the Bible really doesn't say what they say it is saying, then they get angry and storm off.

Well, his name is not down there anymore, so I guess he has flounced for good. I don't think he liked having the Bible quoted at him or being forced at what his views really meant. I really am sad that he is so filled with hate at such a young age.

I'm late to the party and a bit slow, because my mind still boggles over this:

No, I consider The constitution as about as Biblical a foundation as it gets for a nation.

I don't remember bicameral legislatures, elected executives, separation of powers, establishment clauses, bill of rights, or the "I'm Just a Bill" song from Schoolhouse Rock appearing in either the Old or New Testaments. I remember lots of kings, which we don't have in the United States.

Seriously, where the fuck do people get Constitution equals Biblical? Oh yeah, that charlatan David Barton.

I'm late to the party and a bit slow, because my mind still boggles over this:

I don't remember bicameral legislatures, elected executives, separation of powers, establishment clauses, bill of rights, or the "I'm Just a Bill" song from Schoolhouse Rock appearing in either the Old or New Testaments. I remember lots of kings, which we don't have in the United States.

Seriously, where the fuck do people get Constitution equals Biblical? Oh yeah, that charlatan David Barton.

and Rushdoony.

Seriously. You guys are irresistible. When I think I am done, you just say more interesting things. How do you get that I am hate filled? I could (and would) love all of you in person. It is extremely hard to do that to an avatar and a screen name I know barely anything about. Way back, someone said something about me not getting along with someone else because they were atheist. I don't know where you came up with that conclusion.

And actually, I know barely anything about David Barton, except that he has written a few books, and says he is Christian. My influence for the most part in my opinions on American politics goes first to my family, and second to a man named George Grant. Harp on him however you will. I don't really care anymore.

Im not flouncing, I am just worn out from answering an endless stream of questions. Do I need to ask your permission to withdraw, or would you be willing to suspend my right to the first amendment, and make me stay when I did not want to say anymore?

Is the George Grant who influenced you the late Canadian conservative philosopher or the fellow who lectures on Forerunner TV?

Is the George Grant who influenced you the late Canadian conservative philosopher or the fellow who lectures on Forerunner TV?

No not the Red Tory, the boy is talking about the fundy from TN, who hates teh gays.

You are okay with stoning someone who isn't hurting anyone else, just because your interpretation of the Bible says they are sinning. You are okay with slavery. You wouldn't fight against people who kept slaves as long as they "treated them nicely". That is hatred, not love.

You don't need permission to come or leave. No one is going to make you stay. Unlike you, most people here put a lot of value on personal freedom. But this happens all the time here, fundies come, they can't handle debate, they get mad and leave.

No not the Red Tory, the boy is talking about the fundy from TN, who hates teh gays.

I've been out of town for a week and other than checking my email briefly at the public library I've not had computer access. I'm not going to go back to read the posts from my absent week so I don't know anything about this poster except what's on this page. How can anyone hate teh gays just on the basis of being gay? If you're Christian aren't you supposed to love everyone because we all are children of God? So how can you hate a whole group of people?

I guess he thinks he can love people and still want to see them stoned to death. I can't comprehend that, but it appears to be his line of thinking.

I guess he thinks he can love people and still want to see them stoned to death. I can't comprehend that, but it appears to be his line of thinking.

I hear this shit a lot from IFBs and Missionary Baptists. Its like hitting your kid to show them you love them.

I could understand, sort of, if Celestial was out raping, torturing and killing children, his attitude about her being stoned. But she isn't. She is a sweet person who just happens to born gay. And Josiah would turn his back and not try and defend her if people picked up stones to kill her. That is a heart devoid of love and filled with cold hate.

Yeah, I figured as much.

Emmiedahl's photo creeps you out? That is interesting, because I don't see anything wrong with the picture. What creeped you out?

I'm curious about this as well. If attractive women creep him out, maybe there is a reason for all the displaced anger. :roll:

Josiah, I can't find anything in the Bible that addresses abortion. So it is totes okay, right?

Im not flouncing, I am just worn out from answering an endless stream of questions. Do I need to ask your permission to withdraw, or would you be willing to suspend my right to the first amendment, and make me stay when I did not want to say anymore?

Don't be such a melodramatic idiot. If you don't want to stay, then be a dear and kindly fuck off.

Time to find that verse about the possible cheating wife and the judge-issued "bitter herb water" that will cause a miscarriage in cases of infidelity. Oh, wait - that means that the judge wouldn't respect & fiercely defend the zygote/embryo/fetus/etc since he's willing to poison it as a show of evidence. Ok, never mind - my bad. Carry on.

Time to find that verse about the possible cheating wife and the judge-issued "bitter herb water" that will cause a miscarriage in cases of infidelity. Oh, wait - that means that the judge wouldn't respect & fiercely defend the zygote/embryo/fetus/etc since he's willing to poison it as a show of evidence. Ok, never mind - my bad. Carry on.

That's Numbers 5:11-28. I posted it a couple of pages back. He ignored it.

Wasn't the verse he was looking for, I guess. Maybe he can just write a few new ones that fit his needs. He could say they were there all the time & he just recently understood the correct translation of some of the more troublesome ancient phrases. Maybe he could use the Jesus cuddling the T-Rex as the cover art for the new revision! (That's my favorite pic, hands down! I'm thinking of using it for my birthday cake this year!)

Archived