IGNORED

It's not Christmas until you bring up a rotting carcass.

formergothardite

Guest Anonymous

Not some of us, all of us. Your questions are legalistic, trying to figure out how "to live the right way" and "do the right thing" Christianity is not about that. It is about faith in Christ. Holiness comes to each of us as a result, never the other way around, or you are quite the hypocrite. Living a holy life without Jesus, who is the only way to holiness?

You have a serious problem with reading comprehension. Just answer the fucking questions instead of telling me that I'm asking something that anyone with two brain cells to rub together can see that I'm not.

My questions have fuck all to do with trying to figure out "how to live the right way" or "do the right thing." My questions have to do with asking you if you believe people should strictly follow Old Testament law. Do you?

Do you think Jesus would joke around about killing people? Why do you call something that you consider to be a moral imperative "bloody treachery?"

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You do realize don't you that the translation of homosexuality is kind of iffy and could mean all sorts of things, especially in the New Testament? So you are going to kill someone in a horrible way, and in your mind they are on the fast lane to hell all over something that could be a mistranslation? Love of God, you don't have it.

Bolding is, of course, mine.

His mercy is greater, yours on the other hand, well you will bash someone head in with stones.

Did you happen to watch that video I posted about all the inconsistancies in the Bible? Thoughts?

His mercy is greater, yours on the other hand, well you will bash someone head in with stones.

His law will bash someone on the head with stones, and hell is a real place too. Heaven is for God's children, and God will not allow his children to be immoral. His mercy is the very thing that sanctifies them from that sin.

How do you interpret the passage in Romans 1:26-27?

For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature; and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error.

(Romans 1:26-27 ESV)

I'm confused, why are you laughing? Despite what most people think, people around here actually value life a lot. So it isn't funny to anyone when you talk about killing people who aren't hurting you, or anyone else in a violent way.

For another, why would many people be sodomites in a Christian society? You know there would be a few, and they would be 'in the closet,' and if they were caught for their sin, and unrepentant after rebuke from the church, as well as help and counsel of course, they would be given over to the state to be tried, and sentenced to whatever the state sentences them to.

Yes, I am sure that most gays would be in the closet if the penalty for being out was being tortured to death.

I don't really understand your vision of church and state here. The church defines the laws and the penalties, but the state carries them out? Is that it?

Guest Anonymous

I hate to sound completely rude, but yes. But I would not want to. Never in a thousand years, but that is the cold hard truth.

This guy is a sadist. He chooses to reject Jesus and the message of the New Testament in favor of killing people for daring to love the wrong person. And I don't buy the "I would not want to" song and dance for a second, interspersed as it is with his flippancy, laughter, and smilies. I bet he positively wanks himself raw over the idea of getting to punish those dirty sinners.

By the way Josiah, I hope people google your real name and choose not to patronise the business of someone who wants to do murder in the name of God. You're a sick fuck.

And this is why I think your god is a jerk. That and the fact that his followers apparently think he rains down horses on them while letting others starve. And smarter Free Jingerians will have to help me out, but I am thinking that those verses could be used to speak of temple prostitutes or the common thing of older men taking very young teens and sleeping with them.

I said that I am NOT for slavery. But obviously, the Bible has no problems with it as a sin, and therefore I cannot.

So you are pro-choice then? Because the Bible does not have a problem with abortion.

I have not read through the whole thread yet, so disregard this if the convo has moved on or if it has already been addressed.

Yes, I am sure that most gays would be in the closet if the penalty for being out was being tortured to death.

I don't really understand your vision of church and state here. The church defines the laws and the penalties, but the state carries them out? Is that it?

Are you aware of how a law is created in the US? If God changed the hearts and minds of the people, and brought us from our sin, which would be a blessing in and of itself, but He would continue to bless us for our repentance. The laws of the State would be a natural progression.

So you are pro-choice then? Because the Bible does not have a problem with abortion.

I have not read through the whole thread yet, so disregard this if the convo has moved on or if it has already been addressed.

I do have a problem with abortion. Would you give me a reference please?

BTW, your profile picture creeps me out. haha

The laws of the State would be a natural progression.

You'll need to explain this. I don't expect you to, you're quite slack on asking questions or articulating your position but I'll give you an opportunity to do so.

This guy is a sadist. He chooses to reject Jesus and the message of the New Testament in favor of killing people for daring to love the wrong person. And I don't buy the "I would not want to" song and dance for a second, interspersed as it is with his flippancy, laughter, and smilies. I bet he positively wanks himself raw over the idea of getting to punish those dirty sinners.

By the way Josiah, I hope people google your real name and choose not to patronise the business of someone who wants to do murder in the name of God. You're a sick fuck.

Not for loving, but for having sex with the wrong person.

I think he is saying if everyone became his brand of Christian we would have laws allowing him to stone the ebil gays.

You'll need to explain this. I don't expect you to, you're quite slack on asking questions or articulating your position but I'll give you an opportunity to do so.

Does democracy, republic, and congress mean anything to you? The nation is a sum of its parts. What is going on in politics is a direct reflection on the minds of the people.

Have you ever read The Handmaid's Tale? Your vision comes true in that book. It isn't pretty.

I think he is saying if everyone became his brand of Christian we would have laws allowing him to stone the ebil gays.

Or having sex with the wrong person.

This charming (not) xtian boy is so wet behind the ears I think I'll call him sponge.

And his violation of St. Gabby Hayes really pisses me off.

Or having sex with the wrong person.

This charming (not) xtian boy is so wet behind the ears I think I'll call him sponge.

And his violation of St. Gabby Hayes really pisses me off.

Hey you folks gave it to me..... actually it was the Former Conservative

Bolding mine

Guest Anonymous

Not for loving, but for having sex with the wrong person.

According to what many people believe is a flawed translation in the first place, and definitely against the instructions of Jesus. You have the option to choose kindness or cruelty and you choose cruelty. Not to mention, you want to kill people because they had sex. That's ridiculous.

Do you realize that 99% of people in the United States have sex outside of marriage? Should they all be stoned too? Are there even enough of your kind of Christians to throw that many rocks?

The laws of the State would be a natural progression.

A natural progression of overturning the Constitution, Enlightenment values of liberty of conscience,and bringing back cruel and unusual punishments?

Basically, you want a theocracy by majority rule.

I do have a problem with abortion. Would you give me a reference please?

BTW, your profile picture creeps me out. haha

Emmiedahl's photo creeps you out? That is interesting, because I don't see anything wrong with the picture. What creeped you out?

Have you ever read The Handmaid's Tale? Your vision comes true in that book. It isn't pretty.

You don't know half my vision. You have no clue. I have not read the book. I will if I can. Who is it by?

I watched the video. There are lots of problems with it that I am not willing to go into here, but just search the scriptures for yourself, unless you just want to take the word of people who take 'contradictions' out of the bible, ripped out of context.

@ debrand Cant something creep me out every once in a while? Or did I lose that privilege here too, along with being a little snarky?

Archived