IGNORED

Michelle's recorded letter to Jubilee

snarklover

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just when I thought it couldn't possibly get worse, it does.

I now have to rethink the Famy leaked pictures. There is no way that was an accident...

Actually, J'chelle, *THIS* baby just might be a career ender for you. One can hope, anyway.

That "career-ender" bit obviously isn't a message to Jubilee. It's a message to US (everyone who doesn't share her beliefs) and I can't think of a more disgusting or inappropriate time for it.

You know what gets me about this? that letter? out of all the things that were leaked, in my opinion is the thing that should NOT have been leaked, or published.

I can't' believe all the stuff they've released, and I don't think the photos were "accidental".

So what do I think happened? I think there are several possibilities. One is that J'chelle, for some reason, believed herself to be pregnant, and then when she experienced breakthrough bleeding she thought it was a miscarriage. Another is that she wasn't very good at taking her pills and really was pregnant, and really did miscarry, and her 'Christian medical doctor' misinformed her as to the cause. Then she swore off BC and proceeded to pop out lots of babies. This is the closest to the tale the Duggars tell, but it also seems least likely to me. If they really were 'pro-life', and really did believe J'Caleb was as much a baby as their existing son, then they would have mourned him, named him, and counted him as one of their children.

More likely is that J'Caleb, either a true miscarriage or a convenient invention, was nothing more than an excuse to wantonly reproduce. I'm inclined towards the 'convenient invention', because as I said before it's difficult to get pregnant on the pill if you're using it properly, and if she *did* get pregnant her reaction, besides the swearing off of BC, doesn't mesh well with her 'a fetus is a baby' beliefs.

According to their website, the miscarriage of J'Caleb happened between the 2nd and 3rd month. Assuming they can be believed (and that's a big assumption), it wasn't just a matter of a late period or breakthrough bleeding. I think she really did get pregnant while on the pill (it can happen, especially if you don't use it exactly right) and then miscarried. My best friend and her younger sister were conceived while their mother was on the pill, as countless others have been; for some women it doesn't work as effectively, especially when we're talking 20+ years ago when there were fewer options. Michelle is exceptionally fertile. The average woman would not be able to get pregnant as frequently as she did, especially if breastfeeding.

I also think the miscarriage of J'Caleb had absolutely nothing to do with her being on the pill, and she was either deliberately misinformed by her doctor, or she drew the wrong conclusion from something that he said. I've always been shocked that they took something as unfortunately common as a first trimester miscarriage and used that as an excuse for a detour into crazy-town. All this recent drama really takes the cake.

I'm so very tempted to compose a parody of that letter. Maybe I will. I'll be ashamed and embarrassed, but maybe I will. I cannot get over this overdone fake famewhoring faggotry. I miscarried twice, once because they refused to treat me with serious dehydration during the end of my first trimester at the hospital. Yes, it hurt, both times I was shocked and I don't even have ANY child, but all this... this is just way overplayed.

:violin: :pray:

So often in society, babies are looked upon as a problem, trial, or responsibility, but God says babies are a blessing. We do not believe that babies are a bother, a headache, or a financial drainer, or a career interrupter. We love babies! Your siblings did not view you as the competition.

Does she really think that this is how everyone else feels about babies? That they are an awful burden that must be resented? Fuck you, Michelle. And guess what? Most of us actually understand that children are a responsibility but they are such a blessing that they deserve parents who will do their best to actually care for them, rather than foist the off on their siblings to raise.

I had a first trimester miscarriage and I just cannot fathom carrying on like this. I have no problem with funerals or memorials for older pregnancy losses, but they are whoring out their poor fetus for attention and a political platform. I think my feelings about the Duggars have just moved from bemused disagreement to actual contempt. Awful, awful people. I feel so bad for those kids. :cry:

IMO No way were the "leaked photos" accidental....

This sounded written by a professional PR person working with Michelle and this is a political manifesto for Anti-Abortion folks....delivered by either a overly me4dicated flat affect Michelle or Michelle who believes her efforts will be rewarded in Heben.

Ironic that Michelle dsecribes all the things she will "miss" about Jubilee, which are things she already does not participate in with the 19 living blessings.

About the only thing she left our was her certainty as to whether or not Jubilee likes pickles...

IMO, Michelle is using this event to fuel her energies into moving forward the AA movement although a strong anti-depressant and some cognitive therapy is likely a better treatment. Of course treatment and therapy would require self examination, taking responsibilities for choices and admitting the pitfalls and psychologically toxic ATI/ Gothard values system, so it ain't gonna happen.

Does Michelle feel that public displays of grief and stoic martyrdom for Jubilee will add a new glow to her Mommy countenance or earn her a golden ticket into Heben wth Jebus?

Unbelievable- I am frankly hoping this latest 3 ring circus will finally show the world the craziness of life in Duggarville. Oh, how I wish the late Christopher Hitchens could debate Mullet and Boob live- I'd buy a ticket for that show any day

She says she loves babies and she certainly seems to enjoy giving birth and being photographed holding babies. When they age out of their first infancy, they drop off her radar and she turns to the next baby. Loving people not for who they are but for what they do for her: narcissism.

Talking about the wonderful things she looks forward to doing with her children when anybody can see that she doesn't actually do them: inability to realize that words must match deeds in order to be believed; narcissism.

Feeding on the attention of others--any attention--without understanding that some kinds of attention have bad implications for her future plans: narcissism.

All she has to do is commit an outright crime and Ann Rule will be all over this couple's life. I would love to read an Ann Rule profile of the Duggars.

Does she really think that this is how everyone else feels about babies? That they are an awful burden that must be resented? Fuck you, Michelle. And guess what? Most of us actually understand that children are a responsibility but they are such a blessing that they deserve parents who will do their best to actually care for them, rather than foist the off on their siblings to raise.

I had a first trimester miscarriage and I just cannot fathom carrying on like this. I have no problem with funerals or memorials for older pregnancy losses, but they are whoring out their poor fetus for attention and a political platform. I think my feelings about the Duggars have just moved from bemused disagreement to actual contempt. Awful, awful people. I feel so bad for those kids. :cry:

I'm sorry about your loss. I know this must be very trigger-y for people who have recently dealt with this. Just one more way that the Duggars are insensitive J'holes.

I am prochoice and I LOVE babies. I just adore the little ones; I have a one-year-old who fills my days with joy (and cleaning). I have five children of my own and I plan to adopt when we are financially stable. So, I don't know where Michelle gets her information. I love babies, I just don't feel like forcing a woman to risk her life for one. The children have definitely interfered with my career and they can be a bother at 2 AM (like J'chelle would know, she has never had a career outside of breeding and she makes her daughters get up with the babies at night), but I consider them a net positive.

She actually says that whenever she is asked how many kids she has, she will now answer with 20. I guess J'Caleb wasn't enough of a person when she miscarried him. How hypocritical.

Not to mention that it's nearly a biological certainty that she's had at least several other miscarriages that haven't been made public, most of them probably very early. Why aren't these one-time zygotes or embryos also being as honored as Jubilee--at least the ones that the Duggars themselves knew about? The fact that they're not utterly flies in the face of the Duggars' supposed belief that meaningful life begins at conception, or at least speaks to a gross inconsistency in how the Duggars address failed pregnancies.

Also, I've been re-reading The Road Less Traveled by M. Scott Peck recently, and I came across a passage that seems to describe J'Chelle to the letter:

...Probably the most saddening example of this phenomenon is the very large number of women who are capable of "loving" their children only as infants. Such women can be found everywhere. They may be ideal mothers until their children reach the age of two--infinitely tender, joyously breast-feeding, cuddling and playing with their babies, consistently affectionate, totally dedicated to their nurture, and blissfully happy in their motherhood. Then, almost overnight, the picture changes. As soon as a child begins to assert its own will... to move out into the world a little bit on its own, the mother's love ceases. She loses interest in the child, decathects it, perceives it only as a nuisance. At the same time she will often feel an almost overpowering need to be pregnant again, to have another infant, another pet. Usually she will succeed, and the cycle is repeated.

No sh** she does not think of babies as a burden, a financial drainer, a carreer interrupter since

- TLC foots the bills

- She has no carreer unless being pregnant is one

- She does not take care of those kids, she lets the older girls take care of them

She was not lying here, for once...

And she for sure won't head a headache... ever... unfortunately... esp not when it comes to alone time with the monster Jimbo.

A blessing is a gift given. But with certain gifts come responsibility. A life certainly qualifies as a responsibility, no matter how you look at it.

This, so much this. Which is why pro-choice people believe that children should be chosen and wanted.

from Michelle's letter:

We love babies!

Babies grow up and become children, people who have needs and wants of their own. Too bad she just ignores them.

from Michelle's letter:

It overwhelms me to think of all that I will miss about you.

I can understand grief over the loss of potential, but she doesn't do any of this stuff with the existing kids, so why would she have started now? I really do wonder if maybe they did remove her uterus and she KNOWS there will be no more pregnancies - that would explain so much.

Seconding the bolded. I love my daughter, but she is a responsibility - and sometimes other things in my life have to suffer so she can get what she needs, including my time.

I would love to read an Ann Rule profile of the Duggars.

It would be interesting. Poison in the TTC perhaps?

Babies are a blessing in her eyes, actual chilren, now that is a whole nother story. Children are the burden that Michelle just can't bear.

I've been thinking about this. I really think that Famy did it to get attention. As in, she wanted to make sure that everyone knew just how close they all were and that "she's a Duggar, too!" . It was proof that she was there! She's in mourning, too!! I get the same vibe from Josh, who posted a photo OF THE GRAVESITE and his parents mourning. Who does that??

babies are looked upon as a problem, trial, or RESPONSIBILITY

Ummmmm, babies (and children) are a huge responsibility! that does not negate the fact that they are also a huge blessing.

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done or will do. I take it extremely seriously, and view it as a responsibility. That's why I'll never hand it off to a teenager, like JimBob and Michelle do all the fricken time.

It's shameful the way they are using the brief in-utero "life" of Jubilee to promote themselves. It sickens me. Michelle is worse, in her own way, than even Kate Gosselin!! And that's going pretty far.

when I'm asked how many children I have, the answer will be twenty: Nineteen here, and one in heaven.

I'm sorry to repeat what others have already said -- but whoever wrote this tripe completely forgot about the alleged first miscarriage, Caleb. What a load of horseshit.

So often in society, babies are looked upon as a problem, trial, or responsibility, but God says babies are a blessing

This is so telling about the way she thinks about children. Michelle, CHILDREN ARE A RESPONSIBILITY. You really are responsible for those 19 kids you birth, for the rest of your life, not just their first 3 months.

The audio of that letter was creepy. She's gone around the bend, back, then around again good measure. TLC has got to cancel the show End the madness!

I also feel bad for poor Caleb. I hope the first interview they do about this (you know they will) asks why they have 20 instead of 21 kids. Fuckers.

Methinks the writing is on the wall for J'Chelle and Jimboob. I think she did this to have a political/social platform to go forth and educate the masses on her anti-choice agenda. Hey, they've got to pay the bills somehow and TLC isn't going to be around for that much longer. So, yes, Jubilee servered her purpose as she will be their meal ticket for the next five years or so as they tour the country giving anti-choice testimonies... with the addition of the love offering plates that will most certainly be passed around. :evil:

Babies are a blessing in her eyes, actual chilren, now that is a whole nother story. Children are the burden that Michelle just can't bear.

That's it all the blessing crap and we are the only ones that see are children as blessings. Yes blessings you can feed poorly not give poor medical attention poor education and no opportunities.

I honestly hope that the show ends soon and TLC will stop footing the bill for this insane woman and her self-serving breeding habits. I think that despite Gothard's patriarchal rules, Michelle is the one that really runs that family. If she says "jump" then Jimbob says "how high" and the kids just follow suit.

ARRRRGH! WTF! :evil: She "misses" touching her fetus, taking it to the zoo, and otherwise nurturing it, but she appears to be fine with not doing any of this with her actual, living, breathing children??? Sorry, I know it's been said before, but I just had to say it again.

This woman is a nutcase.

A few things I have noticed since the miscarriage:

1) They wanted people to respect their privacy, yet their parading to People magazine about their sad news, sharing the letter on their website and held a public service....all for a miscarriage.

2) Michelle and Jim Bob were very hurt over their first miscarriage yet did not go around saying "We have 2 children" so why start now with Jubilee?

This is not a family in mourning, this is their way of exploiting something private for fame, sympathy, and money. A miscarriage is an upsetting thing for any family but what these people are doing is making it into a bigger deal than it should. If they wanted a memorial service, fine, I respect that but the fact that they're going above and beyond for this fetus when they did not do any of that with Caleb. If they did something like this with their miscarriage, it would be understandable but they're not. This just shows how fame hungry they are and are willing to do anything to gain the media's attention. They would not be doing any of this if they did not have their own show.

Michelle and Jim Bob, shame on you for being so selfish and money hungry. You can defend your shit as much as you want but the way you're "mourning" is just a way to gain sympathy points from us. It would not surprise me one bit if GMA does a special segment on just your family nor would it surprise me if the new season of 19K&C shows nothing but your miscarriage, filming every step of the way, even with an iphone. You can say how appreciative your family is with Josie but she's just going to be a blip in your family like the other younger ones. I seriously hope one day you take a step back and realize what's more important in life. Your reality show can go for so long before more and more people stop caring. Think about your family first and stop exploiting them for your personal gain.

Archived