IGNORED

Michelle's recorded letter to Jubilee

snarklover

As I think others have said, the Mullet and Jim Boob are laying the groundwork for commercial enterprises and speaking engagements within the far right anti-abortion movement, after 19K&C is cancelled --- which I hope is tomorrow!

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just read the letter and I am confused-- she refers to the baby as being #20 (poor forgotten j'caleb) and baby grand-duggar 22--- I thought Famy was an only child? Or did Deanna have a miscarriage too?

So confused. Michelle is mentally ill. I'm really disturbed by how they are treating this as a launching pad for getting a big ol anti-abortion pay day. What is it with anti-choicers making absolutely EVERYTHING about abortion? Morbid and sick.

So if asked how many children she has, she will say 19 here and ONE in heaven, she may have lost her second child early on but they talk about it when asked why they have so many children. This woman makes me sick.

I just read the letter and I am confused-- she refers to the baby as being #20 (poor forgotten j'caleb) and baby grand-duggar 22--- I thought Famy was an only child? Or did Deanna have a miscarriage too?

So confused. Michelle is mentally ill. I'm really disturbed by how they are treating this as a launching pad for getting a big ol anti-abortion pay day. What is it with anti-choicers making absolutely EVERYTHING about abortion? Morbid and sick.

This part confused me as well, unless she talking about HER grandchildren, which still makes no sense??

I typed it up for those who don't want to listen (in spoiler tags for those who don't want to read it, either--I'm not sure if it was really the content, or her incredibly creepy voice, but I found the whole thing really disturbing/upsetting):

Dear Jubilee,

Mommy wanted to write a letter to my precious baby girl.

You know, your name, Jubilee Shalom Duggar, means joyful celebration of peace. We were so thankful to God when we found out we were expecting you! So often in society, babies are looked upon as a problem, trial, or responsibility, but God says babies are a blessing. We do not believe that babies are a bother, a headache, or a financial drainer, or a career interrupter. We love babies! Your siblings did not view you as the competition. They are truly saddened and disappointed to not have really known you. Only God knows how much you were already loved. You were not loved any less because you were baby number twenty, or Duggar grand-baby number twenty-two.

We are blessed because you lived. You were only here with us such a short time; it's an awesome thought to me that you fulfilled your life's purpose, in such a short time. What a blessing to know that you are in the arms of Jesus, and that it was His face that you saw first. You were loved. You were wanted. Your parents wanted you to be. Your grandparents wanted you to be. Your brothers and your sisters wanted you to be, and the rest of the family wanted you to be.

I will miss listening to your heartbeat and praying for you as you grow in my womb. I will miss feeling you kick in my tummy. I will miss cradling you in my arms and singing to you. I will miss teaching you to sing "Jesus Loves Me." I will miss watching you grow up and learn. I will miss seeing life through your eyes, as I have enjoyed doing with all the other children so much. I will miss doing Mommy things with you and for you. I will miss noticing how you do things like the others, or how different you are. I will miss your smile and your personality. I will miss holding you, and hugging you, and kissing you, and touching your soft skin. I will miss hearing your voice and your songs. I will miss reading with you and talking with you. I will miss watching you play and watching you work. I will miss taking pictures of you and seeing you experience things for the first time. I will miss taking you to the zoo. It overwhelms me to think of all that I will miss about you.

You're a love I was able to touch for such a short few moments and a life I will hold in my heart. I don't know God's purpose for taking you on to Heaven, but I know your short life will help me to remember truly how fragile life is. It will help me to more fully enjoy the time I have here with the other family members. It will help me to focus on what is truly important in life, and help me to be more aware of Heaven and the ultimate destination. It will help me to delight in every moment of growing up that your siblings have in my presence.

I will not forget you. I will look forward to seeing you one day. I like to think of you being in Heaven with our other loved ones there, and all of you getting to spend time together. I'm going to frame your birth date and meaning of your name with all of your siblings' pictures on our baby wall. From now on, when I'm asked how many children I have, the answer will be twenty: Nineteen here, and one in heaven.

You are precious to me, Jubilee. Mommy loves you.

I'm not sure I should have asked. Excuse me while I vomit.

The middle paragraph could have actually been touching, if it had come from a woman who actually raises her children and doesn't use them to push a pro-life agenda. As it is, it's just utter bullshit.

Oh, and I don't think it's well-written enough to be ghost-written.

So...I guess the Duggars are totally cool with abortions at the gestational age as J'Caleb, since they did count him/her (they didn't know the sex), as one of their real children. Guess they didn't consider him a real baybeeeeee. I really want someone to ask Michelle, if you believe life begins at conception, why don't you say you have 19 children and 2 in heaven? They are hypocrites for many reaons but that one's the biggest

Babies are a blessing in her eyes, actual chilren, now that is a whole nother story. Children are the burden that Michelle just can't bear.

This sums up Michelle in a nutshell.

I refuse to listen to the anti-choice PR piece, oops, I mean heartfelt letter. I hate Michelle's baby voice, and her malignant narcissism makes me stabby.

Michelle, go mother the actual 19 children God has blessed you with, and leave the famewhoring to the Kardashians.

Well, Michelle, how come J'Caleb doesn't count? He was in your womb too, but because you never got to see his hands and feet and he couldn't be photographed for the world to see, I guess he wasn't speshul enough.

I guess that this is when they really believe that life begins, when it develops feet and hands, not when the spermy and egg get together. That's what bothers me about this the most, they are hipocritical. Why didn't now-known-as-Caleb count? Or Baby M2 (Josh and Anna's)?

People who will use a dead baby for religious and political propaganda are disgusting.

I typed it up for those who don't want to listen (in spoiler tags for those who don't want to read it, either--I'm not sure if it was really the content, or her incredibly creepy voice, but I found the whole thing really disturbing/upsetting):

Dear Jubilee,

Mommy wanted to write a letter to my precious baby girl.

You know, your name, Jubilee Shalom Duggar, means joyful celebration of peace. We were so thankful to God when we found out we were expecting you! So often in society, babies are looked upon as a problem, trial, or responsibility, but God says babies are a blessing. We do not believe that babies are a bother, a headache, or a financial drainer, or a career interrupter. We love babies! Your siblings did not view you as the competition. They are truly saddened and disappointed to not have really known you. Only God knows how much you were already loved. You were not loved any less because you were baby number twenty, or Duggar grand-baby number twenty-two.

We are blessed because you lived. You were only here with us such a short time; it's an awesome thought to me that you fulfilled your life's purpose, in such a short time. What a blessing to know that you are in the arms of Jesus, and that it was His face that you saw first. You were loved. You were wanted. Your parents wanted you to be. Your grandparents wanted you to be. Your brothers and your sisters wanted you to be, and the rest of the family wanted you to be.

I will miss listening to your heartbeat and praying for you as you grow in my womb. I will miss feeling you kick in my tummy. I will miss cradling you in my arms and singing to you. I will miss teaching you to sing "Jesus Loves Me." I will miss watching you grow up and learn. I will miss seeing life through your eyes, as I have enjoyed doing with all the other children so much. I will miss doing Mommy things with you and for you. I will miss noticing how you do things like the others, or how different you are. I will miss your smile and your personality. I will miss holding you, and hugging you, and kissing you, and touching your soft skin. I will miss hearing your voice and your songs. I will miss reading with you and talking with you. I will miss watching you play and watching you work. I will miss taking pictures of you and seeing you experience things for the first time. I will miss taking you to the zoo. It overwhelms me to think of all that I will miss about you.

You're a love I was able to touch for such a short few moments and a life I will hold in my heart. I don't know God's purpose for taking you on to Heaven, but I know your short life will help me to remember truly how fragile life is. It will help me to more fully enjoy the time I have here with the other family members. It will help me to focus on what is truly important in life, and help me to be more aware of Heaven and the ultimate destination. It will help me to delight in every moment of growing up that your siblings have in my presence.

I will not forget you. I will look forward to seeing you one day. I like to think of you being in Heaven with our other loved ones there, and all of you getting to spend time together. I'm going to frame your birth date and meaning of your name with all of your siblings' pictures on our baby wall. From now on, when I'm asked how many children I have, the answer will be twenty: Nineteen here, and one in heaven.

You are precious to me, Jubilee. Mommy loves you.

Thanks for typing this up. All that stuff she says she's going to miss, when does she ever do that??? :roll:

In baby sing-song voice:

"It's awesome to me that you fulfilled your life's purpose in such a short time."

Fuck you, Michelle. :evil:

We do not believe that babies are a bother, a headache, or a financial drainer, or a career interrupter.

Yeah, it's so easy to say that babies are not an headache or bother when you're not the one taking care of them. My 12 day old is being extremely fussy today and we have less than 4 hours of sleep each, which is making me cranky as hell. She's being an headache today, I'm not ashamed to admit that. I love her to death, but for the love of all that's holy Go To Sleep For More Than 10 Minutes At A Time!

It's also very easy to say that babies are not a financial drainer when TLC foots the fucking bill for everything. I would love to see if they were singing the same tune if TLC hadn't happened and they probably would have been in a situation like the Bateses, only without a Lawson to foot over his hard earned money because we all know Joshie sure as hell doesn't like to work.

My little girl is definitely not a career interrupter either. I don't have a career, so to speak. There is no way for me to move up nor do I have the desire to do so. I'm very happy with my job and I love what I do. I would miss it very much if I was to become a SAHM.

edited because math is hard y'all!

What a bunch of antiabortion propaganda. Its not like a dead fetus can get on the interwebnets and listen to it's mothers letter. Another bit of shameless grandstanding.

I do suggest that when the tv exploitation is over Juterus starts doing voices for Veggie Tales.

YES!!! Or Life at the Pond?

So what the hell was Jubilee's "purpose?" To be number twenty so that J'ichelle could feel accomplished? They piss me off to NO END. (I'm starting to think that Jimboob and J'ichelle are contractually obligated by TLC to pop out kids at certain intervals so that the show name can keep changing every damn year.) (Sidenote: Did anybody else say Jujubee in their head when first reading Jubilee's name?)

This part confused me as well, unless she talking about HER grandchildren, which still makes no sense??

I assumed she was talking about her 19 plus Jubilee plus her two grandkids. Amy shouldn't count apparently as a real Duggar grandchild.

I assumed she was talking about her 19 plus Jubilee plus her two grandkids. Amy shouldn't count apparently as a real Duggar grandchild.

I read it as a way to include grandma duggar (for once)

I'm not sure if the Duggars realize it, but they're definitely not the biggest family in history. There's the Russian couple, obviously, but there have been other families who had over 20. I remember reading about a woman in the early 20th century who had 22 and all lived. If you are counting miscarriages as children then there are many more families with over 20.

There was a woman (from the 18th century I think), who had 67 living children from something like 27 pregnancies. She had all multiple pregnancies though, I believe.

Okay... I do NOT care if you believe, as Daniel Tosh does, that "life starts at the erection". Little Jubilee is being used as an example of life being precious. Who the fuck is Michelle to say that many people view a baby as a bother and a financial burden? Do the Duggars really believe that everyone who isn't Quiverfull is an 18 year-old, fucking behind the Conoco station, praying not to get knocked-up, or a selfish working mother who can't see her biblical role, as a pregnant and barefoot wifey? The message sounds like bullshit propaganda and not a heartfelt message from a mother to a child.

The Duggars to me, aren't a family, they are a commercial, walking-talking-example of holier-than-thou pro-lifeism. And that, to me... is assanine. A miscarriage shouldn't be used as a way to tell others how precious *you* think life is.

The Duggars have sold out. I am so sorry poor Jubilee won't get to live life as was expected. I wish they would grieve privately, as little Jubilee deserves.

Okay... I do NOT care if you believe, as Daniel Tosh does, that "life starts at the erection". Little Jubilee is being used as an example of life being precious. Who the fuck is Michelle to say that many people view a baby as a bother and a financial burden? Do the Duggars really believe that everyone who isn't Quiverfull is an 18 year-old, fucking behind the Conoco station, praying not to get knocked-up, or a selfish working mother who can't see her biblical role, as a pregnant and barefoot wifey? The message sounds like bullshit propaganda and not a heartfelt message from a mother to a child.

The Duggars to me, aren't a family, they are a commercial, walking-talking-example of holier-than-thou pro-lifeism. And that, to me... is assanine. A miscarriage shouldn't be used as a way to tell others how precious *you* think life is.

The Duggars have sold out. I am so sorry poor Jubilee won't get to live life as was expected. I wish they would grieve privately, as little Jubilee deserves.

I LOVE DANIEL TOSH!!!

Did she change the letter on their site? I just got audio back and listened to it. She now says that she will answer the "How many children?" question with 21...19 here and two in heaven. Everyone here has said there was no mention of J'Caleb. Did she re-record it? :?

Did she change the letter on their site? I just got audio back and listened to it. She now says that she will answer the "How many children?" question with 21...19 here and two in heaven. Everyone here has said there was no mention of J'Caleb. Did she re-record it? :?

OMG, I just listened again and damn if she didn't rerecord it. Does anyone have the original recording?

She must have- it's definitely different, and you can hear the difference in the recording/how clear her voice is between the end of the sentence right before it, and that phrase.

She must have- it's definitely different, and you can hear the difference in the recording/how clear her voice is between the end of the sentence right before it, and that phrase.

I've gone to many sites and everyone has the new recording, it appears that only vimeo has it. Is there anyway we can find the original recording? If there's anyone left who doubted that this whole thing wasn't just for publicity the fact Michelle rerecorded it is proof.

Aha! From http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2 ... bate.html# , go to page 2 or view as a single page:

In the audio message to Jubilee, Michelle outlined all of the things she will miss not doing with her and said that, from now on, she will say she has “19 children here and one in heaven.†Considering what Michelle and Jim Bob told NBC’s Ann Curry last month, it’s likely they will try to expand their family again. They have nine daughters and 10 sons, ages 2 to 23, including two sets of fraternal twins.

Plus at least one person in the comments mentioned the one vs two in heaven issue. Other articles may have comments about that too, but this at least has the original in the text.

Archived