IGNORED

Michelle's recorded letter to Jubilee

snarklover

Jesus Christ, she says "responsibility" in the list of BAD things babies are viewed as. Well OF COURSE they are a responsibility, so is owning a cat for gods sakes!

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Anonymous
Jesus Christ, she says "responsibility" in the list of BAD things babies are viewed as. Well OF COURSE they are a responsibility, so is owning a cat for gods sakes!

You'll never convince them. They don't do a good job with their pets, either.

This woman is mentally ill.

:text-yeahthat:

It's no wonder she considers "responsibility" to be a bad thing, as hers ends as soon as she can wean, then passes the baby to one of the J'slaves to raise.

I typed it up for those who don't want to listen (in spoiler tags for those who don't want to read it, either--I'm not sure if it was really the content, or her incredibly creepy voice, but I found the whole thing really disturbing/upsetting):

Dear Jubilee,

Mommy wanted to write a letter to my precious baby girl.

You know, your name, Jubilee Shalom Duggar, means joyful celebration of peace. We were so thankful to God when we found out we were expecting you! So often in society, babies are looked upon as a problem, trial, or responsibility, but God says babies are a blessing. We do not believe that babies are a bother, a headache, or a financial drainer, or a career interrupter. We love babies! Your siblings did not view you as the competition. They are truly saddened and disappointed to not have really known you. Only God knows how much you were already loved. You were not loved any less because you were baby number twenty, or Duggar grand-baby number twenty-two.

We are blessed because you lived. You were only here with us such a short time; it's an awesome thought to me that you fulfilled your life's purpose, in such a short time. What a blessing to know that you are in the arms of Jesus, and that it was His face that you saw first. You were loved. You were wanted. Your parents wanted you to be. Your grandparents wanted you to be. Your brothers and your sisters wanted you to be, and the rest of the family wanted you to be.

I will miss listening to your heartbeat and praying for you as you grow in my womb. I will miss feeling you kick in my tummy. I will miss cradling you in my arms and singing to you. I will miss teaching you to sing "Jesus Loves Me." I will miss watching you grow up and learn. I will miss seeing life through your eyes, as I have enjoyed doing with all the other children so much. I will miss doing Mommy things with you and for you. I will miss noticing how you do things like the others, or how different you are. I will miss your smile and your personality. I will miss holding you, and hugging you, and kissing you, and touching your soft skin. I will miss hearing your voice and your songs. I will miss reading with you and talking with you. I will miss watching you play and watching you work. I will miss taking pictures of you and seeing you experience things for the first time. I will miss taking you to the zoo. It overwhelms me to think of all that I will miss about you.

You're a love I was able to touch for such a short few moments and a life I will hold in my heart. I don't know God's purpose for taking you on to Heaven, but I know your short life will help me to remember truly how fragile life is. It will help me to more fully enjoy the time I have here with the other family members. It will help me to focus on what is truly important in life, and help me to be more aware of Heaven and the ultimate destination. It will help me to delight in every moment of growing up that your siblings have in my presence.

I will not forget you. I will look forward to seeing you one day. I like to think of you being in Heaven with our other loved ones there, and all of you getting to spend time together. I'm going to frame your birth date and meaning of your name with all of your siblings' pictures on our baby wall. From now on, when I'm asked how many children I have, the answer will be twenty: Nineteen here, and one in heaven.

You are precious to me, Jubilee. Mommy loves you.

She'll miss taking Jubilee to the zoo? How...random. And that's all I have to say about the matter, beyond agreeing with others that she's exploiting her poor miscarried baby for attention.

she filled her goal in such a short time? what the fuck does that mean? what the hell was a fetus's goal? kids are not a responsibility or a money drain? so all her kids are free? This is truly blind ignorance and faith. But we can sure tell their children and not their responsibility.

I would respect this letter, if it were actually written to her daughter in a heartfelt manner. But it isn't. It's blatant anti-choice propaganda. Who says "drainer" or "career-ender". Seriously, even if it was ghost written, I'm forced to conclude that it was written by a fourth grader. It's just so horrible, on the level of language and then the ideas behind it just...GAHH! To exploit the loss of a child for political and financial gain is just so disgusting. There's so way the photos were leaked by accent. I bet you a few minutes after the miscarriage happened, they were already starting to think of how they could use it to "minister" to others.

ARRRRGH! WTF! :evil: She "misses" touching her fetus, taking it to the zoo, and otherwise nurturing it, but she appears to be fine with not doing any of this with her actual, living, breathing children??? Sorry, I know it's been said before, but I just had to say it again.

This woman is a nutcase.

Everything she claims to miss are things she never would have done had Jubilee been born alive. The only thing I could buy is her saying she misses breastfeeding because that's all she ever does. She will probably miss being pregnant more than anything because that's her main purpose in life. Agree with all who said she must be mentally ill.

Though maybe she really means she misses TLC paying for them to go to the zoo because that means she'll get less attention because the show is sure to be cancelled sooner now?

Kind of OT: Some years back, the actress Katey Sagal of "Married With Children" got pregnant, and her pregnancy was written into the show. Tragically, the baby was stillborn at seven months. And there was ZERO publicity about it aside for a brief press announcement of the family's loss. The show abruptly dropped the story line, Katey's character "went to visit relatives" while she recuperated, and then she returned. Bear in mind that the show was hugely popular at the time, and far more viewers were aware of Katey Sagal then than are aware of the Duggars today.

I am flummoxed by the differences in the way each loss was handled.

I bet you a few minutes after the miscarriage happened, they were already starting to think of how they could use it to "minister" to others.

Exactly!!! After all, everything they do on camera or in the media is a part of their ministry. That is just the BS they tell themselves so they don't have to think about how famewhorish they are. :evil:

I am extremely disturbed by that letter. I've lost 3 pregnancies, one of those was a second trimester loss. I don't tell most people. However, I collect roses to represent all of my children and I have roses for those lost babies, and all are named. When I lost the last baby, I finally had answers for why I kept losing them. I started a quiet ministry. I create prayer shawls and give them to women who suffer miscarriages. I'm finishing one right now for a friend who just lost her baby at 14 weeks. A wanted baby is grieved when lost, no matter when in pregnancy they are lost.

However, that letter was propoganda. There was NOTHING about the legitimate grieving heart of a mother. And yes, as others said, why oly 20 and not 21. I count my 2 first trimester losses in my rose garden alongside my second trimester loss. I just don't tell people about them, not even when they ask about them. That letter was very triggery for me. I heard nothing of a mother's heart and everything about someone wanting attention.

My sister-in-law has a first trimester miscarriage earlier in the year. I know very little about any details because my family has some dignity.* I know she had cramps, lost the baby and that was it. My brother and she told all the family they wanted to be left alone for one week. For one week no one called, emailed or drove by. They knew that anything they needed or wanted was theirs for the asking. They never told anyone how they spent that week and we never asked. It was a loss to everyone for it would've been the first niece/nephew & grandchild for both sides of their families.

So I just cannot believe that ANYTHING the Duggars are doing has anything to do with real grief and only has anything to do with pro-life propaganda. I could not bring myself to listen to the recording, reading the transcript was disgusting enough.

*not to imply that anyone who doesn't act just like my family is undignified - I just meant I believe, honestly, that my family has much more of a sense of dignity and integrity than have the Duggars.

I can't imagine going to all this trouble. I've mentioned before I lost a baby about at the same time , end of the 4th beginning of the 5th, 15ish weeks. I had no fanfare, was encouraged by what medical care personell I got (a d and c) to just try to move on. I went home and accepted a job I'd been offered just the day before they told me there was no heartbeat at an ultrasound ( that I took my daughter too, so she could see the miracle of life, kick me) gritted my teeth and moved on. I feel like smacking Michelle and Jim Bob, but Michelle especially, she has 19 fecking other kids and 2 grand kids, and she's just rolling in her decomposing placenta. 99.9% of us don't even get a sympathy card. I was lucky enough to have a sister who's also lost a couple of babies, send me flowers. That was it. Everybody else just hustled me back into being busy, myself included.

I'd be harsh if I said " get over it" but I kind of feel that way.

Well, if this is anti-choice propaganda then we can now narrow down what gestational age the Duggars think is appropriate for abortion. Clearly not 16 weeks or older - the age of precious Jubilee. But whatever age Caleb was or younger - obviously ok, since he didn't get a funeral, obituary or anything and has now been totally forgotten by his mother. Not a real life, apparently. So Duggars - does life really begin at conception? Or does it begin at whatever age a doctor can drag recognizable remains from your uterus for you to photograph and share with the world?

She's messed up. And if anybody ever needed more evidence that ATI is a cult, well here it is.

I would respect this letter, if it were actually written to her daughter in a heartfelt manner. But it isn't. It's blatant anti-choice propaganda. Who says "drainer" or "career-ender". Seriously, even if it was ghost written, I'm forced to conclude that it was written by a fourth grader. It's just so horrible, on the level of language and then the ideas behind it just...GAHH! To exploit the loss of a child for political and financial gain is just so disgusting. There's so way the photos were leaked by accent. I bet you a few minutes after the miscarriage happened, they were already starting to think of how they could use it to "minister" to others.

TLC closed coments on the page 2 days before the announcement. Coinkidink?

This "letter" is even more blatant propoganda than usual out of the duggars. Couple that with the pictures and I'm quite sure there were some serious PR brains behind this ones (although clearly bad ones). The letter isnt to the "baby", the family, the audience, or friends. It was to America. She didnt record it because she was afraid of her ability to read it (she cant show emotion, remember)... she recorded it so it could go online and hopefully viral.

The pictures couldnt be sold to people. That would be WAY to obvious and in poor taste. Amy has always been the weakest link, so why not "leak" them. Amy posted them almost immediately, so did joshie. Is that really the behavior of someone grieving? To rush home and hit upload? Did she even GET home before she posted to FB? Joshie posted his FROM THE GRAVESITE (you can see the location on the instagram page). Sorry, thats a little too real time to be grieving. This was calculated and intentional and disgusting.

The fact that she now has to change the show name to 20 kids (or atleast say she has 20) is directly in line with the "life begins at conception" bunch. If she wavered at all she would be out of step with the party and thats simply not acceptable. Hopefully TLC will show some balls and refuse to go along with this.

The shows over. Turn out the lights and move the fuck on.

Guest Anonymous

All this craziness on the part of the Duggars leads me to believe the shit has finally begun to hit the fan!!

They request privacy, but then turn around and COMPLETELY milk this miscarriage/stillbirth for all it's worth, getting as much media attention as possible....really disturbing!!!! Jubilee has gotten more attention without even being born, than all 19 Duggars put together, at least this is how it seems to me.

:doh:

I'm really thinking the true 'genius' behind the memorial, leaked pictures and letters are the two who have the most to lose. Jboob and the Fatboy, with Amy as a willing tool.

I wonder if Jana or Jill wrote the letter. They're the ones, along with the other older girls, who are going to miss out on all of that.

I got pregnant with my first child with perfect use of the Pill. I'll quote as best as I can recall, what my doctors told me: While the Pill can cause a fertilized egg to fail to implant, it's rarely the cause for a miscarriage (I'll allow a possibility of an implantation that was faulty, due to a thin lining caused by the Pill, that hung on just a bit longer than the first week or two, but not for a couple of months - a super thin lining couldn't support the weight for long at all, unlike some other causes of faulty implantation). In fact, miscarriage is uncommon in pregnancies that took place with use of the Pill, at least where hormonal issues are concerned, because the Pill releases a steady dose of hormones that can actually help support some pregnancies.

That's what I was told, anyhow. I believe it, from everything else I've read.

If Kelly starts counting her miscarriages as children, won't she beat Michelle?

She has had at least 2, maybe 3 so...even or Kelly +1

TLC closed coments on the page 2 days before the announcement. Coinkidink?

This "letter" is even more blatant propoganda than usual out of the duggars. Couple that with the pictures and I'm quite sure there were some serious PR brains behind this ones (although clearly bad ones). The letter isnt to the "baby", the family, the audience, or friends. It was to America. She didnt record it because she was afraid of her ability to read it (she cant show emotion, remember)... she recorded it so it could go online and hopefully viral.

The pictures couldnt be sold to people. That would be WAY to obvious and in poor taste. Amy has always been the weakest link, so why not "leak" them. Amy posted them almost immediately, so did joshie. Is that really the behavior of someone grieving? To rush home and hit upload? Did she even GET home before she posted to FB? Joshie posted his FROM THE GRAVESITE (you can see the location on the instagram page). Sorry, thats a little too real time to be grieving. This was calculated and intentional and disgusting.

The fact that she now has to change the show name to 20 kids (or atleast say she has 20) is directly in line with the "life begins at conception" bunch. If she wavered at all she would be out of step with the party and thats simply not acceptable. Hopefully TLC will show some balls and refuse to go along with this.

The shows over. Turn out the lights and move the fuck on.

Two words: Ray Comfort

The movie the Duggars pimped last summer, the current PR push (the Duggars admitted to having PR people in the second book), the pictures, the propaganda "speech" that sounds like one of his pro-life "debates." This has Comfort and his grubby little paws all over it.

How many "I" are in this letter?

I used to be pretty easy on the Duggars, but no more.

That shyte looks more and more like it was PR orchestration by some life-group (not the miscarriage, but everything dealing with it).

And kudos to whoever quoted that "Road Less Travelled" paragraph re: mothers who only love their kids when they are babies. Fits M to capital-T!

I've been pregnant 11 times with 5 living children. I had 2 sets of twins with 1 of those 4 living today. I also lost 2 pregnancies at 16 and at 14 weeks along. So I have been there, done that and didn't even get a shitty tee shirt but even growing up in the country on a ranch have I ever seen such bull shit in my life as what Michells has shown us with this. I have lost more than she will ever know and I didn't come close to showing my ass like her. I also have far more than her as I really know my children and have valued them, loved them and cherished them every waking moment of my life. I'm one of the truly blessed as I may have lost children I still have living, breathing children and that is what I focus on. Michelle seems to forget that she has 19 more reasons to be thankful for than a lot of women I know. Bitch, karma is listening and you wouldn't want to piss her off. :evil:

My sister-in-law has a first trimester miscarriage earlier in the year. I know very little about any details because my family has some dignity.* I know she had cramps, lost the baby and that was it. My brother and she told all the family they wanted to be left alone for one week. For one week no one called, emailed or drove by. They knew that anything they needed or wanted was theirs for the asking. They never told anyone how they spent that week and we never asked. It was a loss to everyone for it would've been the first niece/nephew & grandchild for both sides of their families.

This made me tear up. Even in a few simple words you used to describe the situation, I can feel their loss and sorrow. Yet Michelle's letter leaves me cold.

Archived