IGNORED

Famy has memorial service pictures up *spoilers*

tkr322

Some of those photos have been released without Jim Bob and Michelle's consent, according to a spokesperson for the family,

So Famy has had her ass handed to her on a plate then.

TLC need to cut Famy loose from the show. Actually TLC need to cut the lot of them loose.

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A little divergence off topic:

I have not read through the 12 pages that have emerged since yesterday, but my interest in the whole post-mortem photography had me googling and apparently it was very popular in Victorian times to photograph stillborn or other deceased young children, mainly as death was considered an "occasion" to get a portrait/family portrait. I knew of modern groups that do this (Now I lay me down to sleep), but had no idea it was so pervasive even back then.

Some of the images I found just look like sleeping babies, but some have their eyes propped open or pupils painted over eyelids, etc and posed (including with wires or stands to stand them up, etc) with other (living) siblings. These latter ones are a bit more disturbing than the former. In any event, a death was considered an event where the huge expense of a photograph (no digitals back then!) was considered worth it if possible to preserve some memories.

No one seems to be SMILING in any of the photographs though, like the Duggars are in the funeral pic. Indeed, they all look quite depressed and sad. And I did not find any that were of miscarriages either, they were all of near full term or full term stillborns, or deceased infants and children (and some of older children and adults).

The practice still exists. My father took several photos of my (teenage) brother in his casket. Now I can't throw them away because ...well, because they exist and are now a part of my brother and his history. On a historical note, I have a photo of twin girls, one dead and propped standing up with a death stand and the other living and standing next to the deceased twin. The dead twins arm is posed over the other girl. I can. not. imagine. how the living twin must have felt.

But the picture of Jubilee's feet looks like the legs are being bent backwards; to me it looks painful and abusive rather than the sweet tenderness I think was intended. :cry:

I had to join FJ, because Howard closed down all discussion at TWOP and I was just dying to discuss all of the hullaballoo regarding "Jubliee".

First, send me to hell, but I don't believe the photos are of Jubilee at all. In fact, I rather doubt that they could actually discern the gender of the fetus if it actually died at 16 weeks. Also, I have heard that if a fetus dies at that stage and isn't spontaneously miscarried, it begins to...ahem...decompose. So, I doubt the gender would be known.

Then there is the size of those hands and feet. Um. No,. a 6 inch fetus does not come out fully formed with hands and feet that look to be those sizes. Other people have posted photos of their miscarried or stillborn fetuses, and the hands and feet are smaller at a later gestational age. So, I call bullshit on the photos. Don't think that was "Jubilee" at all. I think they grabbed those photos off the internets to push their "pro-family" message.

I have no words for obits and huge funerals for a fetus. No words. And photos? And sending it all to People magazine? These people are by far the worst famewhores I have ever experienced. I think they make Kate Gosselin look tame by comparison.

The best thing that could happen would be for them to slink back to Tonitown and have to get real jobs, like real people, and quit whoring out their family.

http://m.people.com/newsitem.rbml?item=20553968

New statement issued with quotes from Michelle. I have no words.

Hundreds attend? Hundreds?!?

When we had my grandma's funeral last week, the room was filled with family and friends. She was 97 ears old, so most of her own friends were long gone, but my mom's friends came, and her sisters' friends came. Everybody there had memories of my grandmother, going on trips with the family, eating at her Shabbos table, sharing her happiness at family events. The entire room was filled, but it was a normal sized funeral hall. Maybe 50 people?

An event for a miscarried fetus that gets hundreds more attendees than the funeral of a grown woman is not a memorial service. It's THEATRE.

So Famy has had her ass handed to her on a plate then.

TLC need to cut Famy loose from the show. Actually TLC need to cut the lot of them loose.

I wonder if they are also referring to Josh Duggars Instagram shot of his parents at the grave site.

I wonder if they are also referring to Josh Duggars Instagram shot of his parents at the grave site.

Nah, Smuggar wont be in trouble, he's the golden boy.

I had to join FJ, because Howard closed down all discussion at TWOP and I was just dying to discuss all of the hullaballoo regarding "Jubliee".

First, send me to hell, but I don't believe the photos are of Jubilee at all. In fact, I rather doubt that they could actually discern the gender of the fetus if it actually died at 16 weeks. Also, I have heard that if a fetus dies at that stage and isn't spontaneously miscarried, it begins to...ahem...decompose. So, I doubt the gender would be known.

Then there is the size of those hands and feet. Um. No,. a 6 inch fetus does not come out fully formed with hands and feet that look to be those sizes. Other people have posted photos of their miscarried or stillborn fetuses, and the hands and feet are smaller at a later gestational age. So, I call bullshit on the photos. Don't think that was "Jubilee" at all. I think they grabbed those photos off the internets to push their "pro-family" message.

I have no words for obits and huge funerals for a fetus. No words. And photos? And sending it all to People magazine? These people are by far the worst famewhores I have ever experienced. I think they make Kate Gosselin look tame by comparison.

The best thing that could happen would be for them to slink back to Tonitown and have to get real jobs, like real people, and quit whoring out their family.

This brings the whole 'conspiracy theory' full circle... Was crazy bitch ever pregnant at all? Massive publicity stunt-political agenda-rating boost all rolled into 1.

+1. I'm betting that Jubilee wasn't 'whole' and not a pretty sight, and that the whole family still had to see/touch her anyway. *shudder*

Welcome From TWOP - I'm p8712 there!

Just left this on cousin Famy's wall;

Amy, I hope you didn't get in trouble for releasing those pictures without JimBob and Michelle's consent. Please pass on my condolences.

I nearly wrote Famy too instead of Amy! I was sorely tempted to add /sarcasm at the end of it.

According to their latest 'statement' the photos were supposedly taken by Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep volunteer photographer. If that is true its likely the fetus was kept at home until the service.

How many freezers do they have???

A little divergence off topic:

I have not read through the 12 pages that have emerged since yesterday, but my interest in the whole post-mortem photography had me googling and apparently it was very popular in Victorian times to photograph stillborn or other deceased young children, mainly as death was considered an "occasion" to get a portrait/family portrait. I knew of modern groups that do this (Now I lay me down to sleep), but had no idea it was so pervasive even back then.

Some of the images I found just look like sleeping babies, but some have their eyes propped open or pupils painted over eyelids, etc and posed (including with wires or stands to stand them up, etc) with other (living) siblings. These latter ones are a bit more disturbing than the former. In any event, a death was considered an event where the huge expense of a photograph (no digitals back then!) was considered worth it if possible to preserve some memories.

I just looked at some of those photographs on youtube. Wow. Sometimes I couldn't even tell who the dead person was in the photos. :shock:

Interesting.

I just looked at some of those photographs on youtube. Wow. Sometimes I couldn't even tell who the dead person was in the photos. :shock:

Interesting.

I just looked at some of them in Google images. Interesting indeed.

The practice still exists. My father took several photos of my (teenage) brother in his casket. Now I can't throw them away because ...well, because they exist and are now a part of my brother and his history. On a historical note, I have a photo of twin girls, one dead and propped standing up with a death stand and the other living and standing next to the deceased twin. The dead twins arm is posed over the other girl. I can. not. imagine. how the living twin must have felt.

But the picture of Jubilee's feet looks like the legs are being bent backwards; to me it looks painful and abusive rather than the sweet tenderness I think was intended. :cry:

Death was different back then. The taboos have completely reversed. We no longer talk about death. Nobody dies anymore. They "pass away", "go home to Jesus", "cross to the other side". Hell, we don't say "so and so is dying" we say "so and so is in hospice". However, our society talks a lot about sex.

Back then it was the other way around. Death was everywhere. The victorian mourning customs are FASCINATING. There was a specific dress code. Deep mourning, you wore clothing that was matte, no reflected light. All black, then you moved to 2nd stage, where you wore black but with touches of white or violet. Then you moved to grey/purple. And there was a seriously complicated set of rules of how long you were in mourning for each relative too. And then the jewelry made out of braided hair of the deceased. (I really don't know why this shit fascinates me SO much)

Part of it was too, that especially with a baby, like you said, no digitals, so often, that was the ONLY memory you'd have of a baby or young child.

Victorian mourning also included using the deceased hair to form hair art or jewelry (watch chains, pins etc).

I'm fascinated with death customs and do own a few pieces of the hair art as well as a stack of momento mori photos.

Victorian mourning also included using the deceased hair to form hair art or jewelry (watch chains, pins etc).

I'm fascinated with death customs and do own a few pieces of the hair art as well as a stack of momento mori photos.

I'm planning on finding a piece that the hair is gone, and having my great grandmother's hair put in. (its who I"m named after)

I'm planning on finding a piece that the hair is gone, and having my great grandmother's hair put in. (its who I"m named after)

There are instructions on doing hair art on line. I've made two pieces, neither of them mourning pieces. My DD had her first haircut at age 13 and I used some to make rings for both of us.

I also have some Victorian mourning jewelry made from coal. (Not to mention some Tibetan relics made from human bones.)

Of what? A slight thickening around your wife's middle? Twisting your son's arm when he didn't act right during the media-circus announcement of the pregnancy?

Seriously, WTF.

Agreed. I'm 15 weeks pregnant this week, and so far my baby's life has consisted of forming fingerprints, possibly starting to suck its thumb, and from this "how is your baby progressing" BabyCenter email from 14 weeks, swimming in its own pee:

His kidneys are producing urine, which he releases into the amniotic fluid around him — a process he'll keep up until birth.

Oh, and possibly developing a love of Mexican food since I keep wanting to go out to eat instead of cook at home, and the Mexican place is one of my favorites.

I hope I don't come across as sounding callous, but for me and my husband, although this child is wanted, at this stage in the game our baby is still a work-in-progress. There is a baby forming, but it's not an actual Baby Baby yet, and I have to have faith that my body will continue to let it form until it can be birthed.

Just left this on cousin Famy's wall;

I nearly wrote Famy too instead of Amy! I was sorely tempted to add /sarcasm at the end of it.

And of course Diane Stadtherr has commented on your post. :roll:

Also his "God is good!" proclamation at the end of that sentence is beyond bizarre. God is good to have taken his little sister at 16 weeks?? Really??

I believe that God is good no matter what the circumstances in our life may be. This is something that is quite common to hear coming from people with a strong faith and belief in God. We've had people in our church go through horrendous illnesses, death of a child, terminal cancer, a baby with cancer, etc. and that is something they have said, even while going through it. I would hope that I would have as strong a faith if I ever have to go through something like that. God is good, even when life doesn't seem fair or good. We live in an imperfect world and tragedies will happen, but God will always be good, and His plans and ways are above our ways.

Everyone is quoting the TMZ post about finding the pictures on Twitter. I guess this is a good lesson on always questioning what you read.

Oh don't worry I corrected her!

Archived