IGNORED

Famy has memorial service pictures up *spoilers*

tkr322

lol, do we have any resident lawyers? Did I do anything "illegal"? I didn't think TMZ would pick this sh*t up, I will admit I am slightly nervous.

And no, sadly I am not Deborah. Although maybe I should claim to be so I can pass the buck to her ;)

Fair use baby, fair use. She posted it on the internet and once you do that its fair game. You're fine.

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe if the Duggars didn't whore themselves out on tv, there wouldn't be people calling them out on it.

I don't feel the least bit sorry for stating the obvious about the Duggar family including the fact that they'd do anything for a quick buck.

lol, do we have any resident lawyers? Did I do anything "illegal"? I didn't think TMZ would pick this sh*t up, I will admit I am slightly nervous.

And no, sadly I am not Deborah. Although maybe I should claim to be so I can pass the buck to her ;)

Just to chill you out further... the LOL doug thread is a model of fair use. Aint nuttin he can do about it. Once its on teh internetz its fair use so long as you arent claiming you took the photo etc.

Diane Stadtherr Yes, you do need the Duggar's permission. It's THEIR child that is all over the place now. It's morally wrong!

:roll:

Exposing and exploiting their children is what the Duggars are all about! Why should it be any different for a fetus than it is for their live children? They have happily exposed those children to the public, even when ill, post-surgery, injured, etc.

Isn't there some law about celebrities being fair game, photo and media wise? As in, well, they choose to be celebs so they get noticed, it's part of the job, etc?

I had to step away from that thread on Amy's "fan" page. That Diane woman is just too obnoxious to engage.

Didn't Josh also post a picture on his instagram page of the funeral? Either they wanted them leaked so they could cry "Poor us!" or they are dumber than a box of rocks.

I have to back off from FB. I made the mistake of posting on a friend's discussion about this, and wow. So many responses about how beautiful the memorial service is, how brave that they allowed TLC to film it and share their grief to help parents everywhere, etc. :angry-banghead: Oh the irony. These are the same people that are atheists and live lifestyles the Duggars would scorn in a heartbeat.

I know what you mean. I've come to the conclusion that this is the only safe place for me to discuss the Duggars with reasonable people who understand the real Duggars. I said on another message board that I hoped they took this as a sign to stop having kids and now all the other moms are saying I said if you have a miscarriage you need to stop having kids. While they gush about how the Duggars are so awesome!

I know what you mean. I've come to the conclusion that this is the only safe place for me to discuss the Duggars with reasonable people who understand the real Duggars. I said on another message board that I hoped they took this as a sign to stop having kids and now all the other moms are saying I said if you have a miscarriage you need to stop having kids. While they gush about how the Duggars are so awesome!

It truly scares me that there are people THIS stupid amongst us

Isn't there some law about celebrities being fair game, photo and media wise? As in, well, they choose to be celebs so they get noticed, it's part of the job, etc?

Not just celebrities, anyone on the internet (awkward family photos for ex) can be reposted and discussed, criticized etc.

Guest Anonymous

It truly scares me that there are people THIS stupid amongst us

And worse, that some of them are going to breed if they haven't already.

Was this Jezebel by any chance?

Just to chill you out further... the LOL doug thread is a model of fair use. Aint nuttin he can do about it. Once its on teh internetz its fair use so long as you arent claiming you took the photo etc.

Yeah. If Doug S. Preston Esq. hasn't figured out how to shut us down, no one will.

Didn't Josh also post a picture on his instagram page of the funeral? Either they wanted them leaked so they could cry "Poor us!" or they are dumber than a box of rocks.

A little of Column A, a little of Column B... ;)

If they didn't want pictures leaked, they should have requested that people leave their phones off and their cameras at home. Then again, no one forced JB and J'chelle to pose for a picture.

A little of Column A, a little of Column B... ;)

If they didn't want pictures leaked, they should have requested that people leave their phones off and their cameras at home. Then again, no one forced JB and J'chelle to pose for a picture.

They intended for the pictures to be taken. They're going to frame it and hang it on the wall! No way joshie took his picture "super secret like". People were probably snapping away left and right.

Of course they intended for the photos to be released. If not, as others have suggested, they would have requested that no one bring cameras or cell phones into the service. They're just backpeddling now because by and large, except for the crazee among us, people are rather horrified.

i think Amy is on the shit list for sure. :icon-redface:

They HAD to intend that these be released if she really tweeted them but I thought that was the caption of the FB picture so I'm not terribly convinced.

JB is totally looking for the plumbing line. Pearl would love to watch him spank her ass!

Any chance this is OUR DNA?

The Duggars are quite resourceful and their kids are very well behaved and respectful. I think that in itself is quite an accomplishment. Have you ever seen that show Super Nanny? Some people with 3 and 4 kids and they are little monsters. I do think it is odd for one woman to bear that many children but it's their family and they are happy and it's really no one else's business. They aren't on government assistance, another applaudible accomplishment. I only worry about Michele's health sometimes. If this will begin to take a toll on her body. It's not to criticize her but it just can't be completely healthy for her to continue in this way.

- DNA, Atlanta, GA USA, 15/12/2011 21:53

Well I think the pics are pretty well done B&W was the way to go. I have thought many times about volunteering for the non profit but I don't think I could handle the situation, having lost children myself, I would probably bawl my eyes out. I think people grieve in their own way, at my Dad's service there was so much laughter the Director kept coming in the room because he had never had a situation like that. But that was our family and Dad's friends and acquaintances and it suited. A service is not so much for the perosn who has gone on but for those left behind as a way of closure. I guess a lot o fhow one deals with these issues is dictated by your religion. I know some religions will not recognize a fetus as a child until it is born alive.

Famy putting them up on FB is pretty tacky since hs ehas a public profile, but then again who would she be and where would she be if she wasn't riding th efamily's coattails?

Frankly I think Michelle looks pretty tired, and strained. She needs rest by the look of her.

The cynical side of me is wondering if they were hoping to sell those photos to a magazine or something and she ruined that for them.

Is that a horrible thing to say?

The cynical side of me is wondering if they were hoping to sell those photos to a magazine or something and she ruined that for them.

Is that a horrible thing to say?

No because you're probably right unfortunately.

Archived