IGNORED

Famy has memorial service pictures up *spoilers*

tkr322

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WE ARE NOT A FAN SITE!!! :naughty: Hey TMZ, get it right!

I think they probably meant the 19K&C facebook fanwhore page.

I thought the same thing when I read that caption for that picture! Especially followed by the "God is good!" I know that's the fundie thing to do, but it just seems odd.

And to who asked about seeing the rest of his pictures: http://web.stagram.com/n/championnwa

WTF?!? Did you see the pics he posted after posting about burying "his lil sis!"? The stupid, it burns!

And does he really own a race car now? With having to sell at least 4 cars every month to keep his family from starving (or so he says) he does something stupid buy buying/insuring a race car? WTF?!?

Josh, Grow the fuck up already!!!!!1!!!!eleventy!!!!

Surprised Josh likes Herman Cain. He's not one of those religious whacko Republicans that one would expect a Duggar to support. Then again, the conservative Christian candidate in this particular GOP field is Michele Bachmann, so maybe Josh would rather vote for someone less religious over a (((gasp))) woman?

I only just finished page 7 and have to go to bed, but is that Pat Robertson sitting in the chair on the stage? It's the picture with the Duggars sitting in the audience. The picture is blurry since the focus is the foreground, but it kinda looks like his fat head in the background.

Anyone know?

Hey Duggars! God don't like ugly! And you are so ugly.

I'm sure Amy got the smack-down after that leaked gun photo. She knew that she shouldn't have posted these pics. This makes me think that she's actually doing this to try to expose the dark side of her uncle's family. I think she posted these with the intent to show them in a bad light.

Does anyone else think of this after the gun photo?

Looking back on the family photo... I'm sure a lot of those smiles are fake. At least some don't even bother, but the rest look ffaaaaaake. You can just tell that some are thinking "you've got to be fucking kidding me." Mack and Josie seemed to have more tact than anyone else at this debacle. You know something's up when the only people not keeping sweet at a memorial service are freaking toddlers.

Except Michelle's. She looks hiiiiiigh, like she always does. I think Jim Bob also got roped into this.

I'm sure Amy got the smack-down after that leaked gun photo. She knew that she shouldn't have posted these pics. This makes me think that she's actually doing this to try to expose the dark side of her uncle's family. I think she posted these with the intent to show them in a bad light.

Amy's not that smart.

Technically, unless you're on fertility drugs, there's no such thing as a false positive, what she had was a chemical pregnancy if it was 2 days after a positive pee stick test.

http://www.peeonastick.com/falsepos.html

Not entirely correct. When I was in my teens I had to have emergency surgery. The emergency room doctor did a urine pregnancy test beforehand, which came out positive (she and her nurses checked it, not me) Problem was- I was a virgin at the time and definitely not pregnant (or taking fertility drugs) Took a blood test an hour later for them to believe that I wasn't pregnant.

It's rare but false positives do exist.

It's rare but false positives do exist.

(I am a clinical laboratory scientist by profession, 36 years working in the field).\

Yes, there are false positive pregnancy tests. All of the urine tests can have false positives, some of them more than others. The next step would be a serum (blood drawn and centrifuged) test. And there are several things other than pregnancy that cause "false positives". These include germ cell tumors, some ovarian tumors, some testicular tumors (yes, I have seen doctors order pregnancy tests on men for this reason), and occasional drugs.

If you are interested, read about it here:

http://labtestsonline.org/understanding ... g/tab/test

BTW, labtestsonline.org is an extremely reliable site to find information on lab tests in general, or to help understand some lab test that your doctor may have ordered on you. The site is owned and managed by a highly reputable international laboratory professional organization.

Amy's not that smart.

Amy is riding on the Duggars' coattails so she can get a record deal. I doubt she'd try to expose any dark side and risk losing her own chance at fame. I'm with gilora on this one.

When I saw the pictures of the memorial service, especially the one of them smiling, it made me want to put my fist through the monitor.

I understand that everyone grieves in their own way. I know friends and family who have taken pictures of their babies after a miscarriage or a stillbirth as a memento. One of them even has his son's name and a pair of angel wings on his shoulder. It might not be what I would do, but it was my friends' way of coping, and I respect that. Most of them asked for privacy, and THEY KEPT IT PRIVATE.

Now, back to the picture. It looks like Jim-Bob and Michelle are accepting an award for most martyred fundie family, not grieving over the death of a child. They asked for privacy, but then they're whipping it out for all to see. I'm sure when the inevitable flame war starts, they'll whine about how they should be left alone and people should respect their beliefs. I know most of us were hoping that they would have some shreds of dignity left, and that they wouldn't have a VSE, but at this point I hope they do. Maybe this will convince whoever is still loyal to the Duggars that they're a bunch of famewhores. Then TLC can take this show out back and put it down.

I sincerely hope that this convinces some of the children to get the hell out of Dodge. I wonder how many were threatened with beatings if they didn't sit pretty for the cameras.

Looking back on the family photo... I'm sure a lot of those smiles are fake. At least some don't even bother, but the rest look ffaaaaaake. You can just tell that some are thinking "you've got to be fucking kidding me." Mack and Josie seemed to have more tact than anyone else at this debacle. You know something's up when the only people not keeping sweet at a memorial service are freaking toddlers.

Except Michelle's. She looks hiiiiiigh, like she always does. I think Jim Bob also got roped into this.

Michelle's got the same fakey smile she has on in every single picture. Head tilted to the side, check! Vacant expression, check! Bared teeth, check!

It's the same smile she has used for both family portraits and when one of her kids was taken to hospital in a stretcher.

Ok I just have to say that not one of those people in those pictures is mourning. My grandfather recently passed away and I was nearly inconsolable at his memorial service and

Burial. He raised me from the time I was a tiny

Child and I saw him as my father. He was the most wonderful man in the world. I'm actually insulted by this memorial spectacle they've put together. Anyone who has ever mourned the loss of a loved one knows you don't take pictures around a casket and smile like idiots and make press releases. It's disgusting and makes me so glad I grew up with my grandfather for a dad and not the wackos Jim Bob and Michele.

Despite lurking on both TWOP and Free Jinger for months, this is my first post - I should warn you that I have severe dyspraxia and my spelling and grammar skills are awful:

I agree with everyone here, that the funeral is tacky, fame-whorish and hypocritical. However I disagree with everyone saying that Michelle, is smiling. If you look closely at the picture, the smile does not reach her eyes. Her eye look lost and painful. It is very evident that she did not want to be here, she is only fulfilling her duty as Jim BoB and worshiping their God, TLC.

I love this show but the snark that goes with it, it makes great procrastination. I'm in my final year studying Politics, I should actually be writing a feminist essay. The Duggars are great evident of how the constructed concept of women - being man's helpmate, sire to the children, is still thriving today. The first picture is evident of this: a woman who has been reduced to being a man's inferior, whose sole purpose in life is filling his quiver. Is robbed the chance to mourn not just for the lost child but to contemplate her status in life. In short she is basically the inferior other that de Beauvior describes in the Second Sex, the woman who imprisons by sex and her relationship by men. The funeral is not just the mourning of her lost child but her role as being JB's quiver filler. This is Michelle's role since it is quite evident she is not mother, instead she is breeder. A position forced on by an idiot man who is so addicted to his ego transforms what should be a lovely home- church service, instead of a global media fest (I should know, i'm writing from England).

I feel soooo bad for these people, especially the children. I honestly think they have no idea how clownish they're being. They don't actually live in the real world, so how could they?

Jim Bob added: "I really believe that God sees the bigger picture. I hope that her short life can encourage other people who have gone through things like this. It was very healing, and we have precious memories."

Of what? A slight thickening around your wife's middle? Twisting your son's arm when he didn't act right during the media-circus announcement of the pregnancy?

Seriously, WTF.

Even at a child's funeral (given that's what this was presented as) Michelle feels the need to pretend to be smiley. And it's so obviously not real. I'm not going to critize the clothing, I don't think black is required for a funeral. But of all the places to be keeping sweet, this ain't one of 'em! Now I feel worse for her. Go ahead, Michelle, show a real emotion, please! It won't make you seem un-Christian or anything. It'll make you seem human!

I guess "private use" means "projected onto a screen and handed out to hundreds of people". I never knew!

In fairness, it's one thing to use the photos at a private ceremony for invited guests (tacky as it was). Posting them on the internet is a whole 'nother level of fail, but that's Cousin Amy's fail, not JB & M's.

Yes, completely agree.

Also his "God is good!" proclamation at the end of that sentence is beyond bizarre. God is good to have taken his little sister at 16 weeks?? Really??

A little divergence off topic:

I have not read through the 12 pages that have emerged since yesterday, but my interest in the whole post-mortem photography had me googling and apparently it was very popular in Victorian times to photograph stillborn or other deceased young children, mainly as death was considered an "occasion" to get a portrait/family portrait. I knew of modern groups that do this (Now I lay me down to sleep), but had no idea it was so pervasive even back then.

Some of the images I found just look like sleeping babies, but some have their eyes propped open or pupils painted over eyelids, etc and posed (including with wires or stands to stand them up, etc) with other (living) siblings. These latter ones are a bit more disturbing than the former. In any event, a death was considered an event where the huge expense of a photograph (no digitals back then!) was considered worth it if possible to preserve some memories.

No one seems to be SMILING in any of the photographs though, like the Duggars are in the funeral pic. Indeed, they all look quite depressed and sad. And I did not find any that were of miscarriages either, they were all of near full term or full term stillborns, or deceased infants and children (and some of older children and adults).

I don't mind pictures of dead people (or fetuses) The only funeral I've ever been to was my greatgrandmother's and I wish I had taken pictures (I thought it would be frowned upon by the rest of the family and left my camera at home, only to find a few other people did take pictures) She was sick for a long time and looked pretty rough when she died, but the mortician made her look beautiful and 20 years younger.

So, I don't think it's weird just to take pictures, but I do think what you do with the pictures matters. When you use pictures of a dead relative for political reasons, you've crossed a line (and the way the Duggars used those pictures of Jubilee were basically pro-life billboards in the making)

Archived