IGNORED

People is reporting that Michelle Duggar miscarried MERGED

MerryHappy

I'm sure it's reliable; TLC has fed Duggar stories to People Magazine before.

I feel terrible for her, and that is a risk at her age. Didn't Kelly Bates have two?

I actually had this happen to me at a 13 week checkup (I'm in my mid 30's), and the horrible part of it is the knowledge that the baby you thought you were carrying wasn't alive for a period of time. It's a particularly creepy brand of terrible. :(

Even with the number of kids she has, it is something to grieve over.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It is very distressing to lose a baby to miscarriage, especially once past the first trimester. So in that sense, I can feel empathy for her loss. However, the first thought that sprang to mind was, "please, let them have the decency not to film the funeral for the show."

Oh my, I didn't even think of that. I really, really hope they don't but I won't be surprised if it happens.

I do feel pretty bad for her and the family.

I also wonder if they still believe that miscarriages are punishment for using the pill. Surely they've got to realize that was wrong.

They always use People to announce things. I believe People was the first to show pictures of Mackynzie after her birth.

Further proof its about the money and the show, they can't even handle the loss of a child as a private family matter.

Josiah better get the hell out of the compound while he still can. J'Boob and J'Chelle are probably blaming him. After all, he didn't jump for joy at the announcement.

OMG!

I so hope that they don't think that Josiah is the cause of all this?

Better be that nothing fishy happens to that teen...Lots of people are watching.

I'm appalled that they would broadcast such sad news for the family in a rag like People. I'm sorry for their loss, but using this event as publicity is just wrong. Knowing the Duggars they will milk this event for a few more episodes, or at least until she's preggers again.

I'm not trying to sound cruel, but I think the series is going to end soon due to this miscarriage and other factors regarding the Duggars. Before Michelle announced she was pregnant, the show was barely bringing 1 to 1.5 million viewers and rumors began TLC axing some of the older shows Kate Plus 8 was canned. The announcement of Michelle's pregnancy brought attention to the show again and TLC was well aware of that. I think some of the viewers who had stopped watching the show in the past, were likely planning to watch the show to see the pregnancy. TLC is probably going to film the funeral and if that episode airs, people will tune in to see it. I think afterward some viewers will stop watching the show all together and the viewers that actually like the Duggars will in time stop watching the show.

I'm sure it's reliable; TLC has fed Duggar stories to People Magazine before.

I feel terrible for her, and that is a risk at her age. Didn't Kelly Bates have two?

I actually had this happen to me at a 13 week checkup (I'm in my mid 30's), and the horrible part of it is the knowledge that the baby you thought you were carrying wasn't alive for a period of time. It's a particularly creepy brand of terrible. :(

I know Kelly had a miscarriage before this pregnancy and I sort of remember her having miscarriage before Judson or one of the younger kids.

It bothers me to think that JB and Michelle could be searching for the "cause" of the miscarriage in some sin committed by them or one of the children, rather than accepting that at her age, a miscarriage was a definite possibility and there is no nefarious sin behind it (except obliquely, the sin of pride or perhaps vanity).

TLC just posted news of the miscarriage:

"Earlier today at a routine doctor's appointment, Michelle and I received the sad news that we lost the baby. Michelle is resting comfortably at home with the support of the entire family. We are grateful for all the thoughts and prayers, but ask for privacy during this difficult time." -- Jim Bob Duggar

http://tlc.howstuffworks.com/tv/19-kids-and-counting/michelle-duggar-miscarriage.htm#mkcpgn=fbtlc1

I have had the same experience, and I remember the horror every time I considered that there was a dead infant still inside me. And you think, will it look like a baby when it comes out? Will I have to see it? I feel horrible for Michelle. I would not wish that on anyone, and she is further along than I was.

I am glad this happened before it was late enough for the child to be permanently disabled. tbh, part of me wonders if maybe they did not have to end the pregnancy because of eclampsia again and they are trying to spin the story so their critics were not right. Doesn't that hit earlier and earlier in successive pregnancies?

TLC just posted news of the miscarriage:

"Earlier today at a routine doctor's appointment, Michelle and I received the sad news that we lost the baby. Michelle is resting comfortably at home with the support of the entire family. We are grateful for all the thoughts and prayers, but ask for privacy during this difficult time." -- Jim Bob Duggar

http://tlc.howstuffworks.com/tv/19-kids-and-counting/michelle-duggar-miscarriage.htm#mkcpgn=fbtlc1

Thanks. :( She probably had to have a D&C... that's standard for this situation I think.

I know Kelly had a miscarriage before this pregnancy and I sort of remember her having miscarriage before Judson or one of the younger kids.

Right, I think the pregnancy that she found out about at 3 am at the gas station (lol) ended up being a miscarriage.

What sad news for the family, and it's got to be worse to have it play out in the public eye. :(

Its their choice to play it out in the public eye, these folks are media whores.

Conspiracy theory: Maybe they were never pregnant to begin with. They just made up the pregnancy to show that they still trusted god and that Josie's situation did not make them change their principles. And now they just claim miscarriage. This way they are still Quiverfull heros, but without any more babies.

Guest Anonymous
Josiah better get the hell out of the compound while he still can. J'Boob and J'Chelle are probably blaming him. After all, he didn't jump for joy at the announcement.

I have a perfect name for the miscarried fetus: Juststopalready!

That was the first thought that came to my mind, that they might think he jinxed the pregnancy by his reaction. I hope this kid has the good sense to flee once he turns 18,

Conspiracy theory: Maybe they were never pregnant to begin with. They just made up the pregnancy to show that they still trusted god and that Josie's situation did not make them change their principles. And now they just claim miscarriage. This way they are still Quiverfull heros, but without any more babies.

I kinda wondered too.

It was expected, in a way, but I still feel awful for them. They took stupid risks but nobody deserves that pain. And to have it happen after the announcement, when everyone knows?! Let's hope the film crew has the decency not to broadcast their reactions, though they probably don't.

I am glad this happened before it was late enough for the child to be permanently disabled. tbh, part of me wonders if maybe they did not have to end the pregnancy because of eclampsia again and they are trying to spin the story so their critics were not right. Doesn't that hit earlier and earlier in successive pregnancies?

We'll never know, but there is a definite possibility the pregnancy had to be terminated.

She's home now. When did the delivery of the fetus actually take place?

If they show a funeral on TV, I will never go near a TLC channel again.

Terribly sad news for the family. Really wouldn't would wish that on anyone. I really hope they make future child-bearing decisions (and yes, "not deciding" is decision) with the health of Ma Duggar and future children in mind, but I still feel badly for their loss.

Good. Now stop trying, Michelle.

That baby, if it had gone to term and been born, would have had it worse than Josie. Nature is giving a signal. Time to stop.

I know a miscarriage must be horrible, and if #20 ever had the faintest chance of being a bonny bouncing babby I may (or may not) have felt differently about what happened. But realistically, what were the chances?

Archived