IGNORED

People is reporting that Michelle Duggar miscarried MERGED

MerryHappy

Conspiracy theory: Maybe they were never pregnant to begin with. They just made up the pregnancy to show that they still trusted god and that Josie's situation did not make them change their principles. And now they just claim miscarriage. This way they are still Quiverfull heros, but without any more babies.

Wait, how do you say your name? Rur Jur? ;)

Back on-topic: Sad face and all for J'chelle, but whatever.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We'll never know, but there is a definite possibility the pregnancy had to be terminated.

She's home now. When did the delivery of the fetus actually take place?

If they show a funeral on TV, I will never go near a TLC channel again.

I hope against hope that they don't play pass the fetus with the kids on camera.

This is sad. I'm sorry for her and her family.

Yes, their no birth control/pop out as many babies decision is a bad one, but I wouldn't wish a miscarriage on anyone. I do wish they could actually spend this time grieving as a family, but they made the decision to put their family on tv and they have to deal with those consequences in the bad times, not just the good.

I sincerely hope they don't conceive again though and hope (though I am doubtful) that this will be a wake up call to them.

This happened to someone in my village, a woman who had had nine children. The tenth died in utero. It was a couple of days before they realised. They induced her and she gave birth to the dead baby boy, then they wrapped him and made every one of the other children hold him and be photographed. He had been dead for about three days at that stage. I saw the photographs, as she showed them to me when I went to help out over some issues she was having with what was going on the gravestone. That baby was very obviously dead. And the children were very distressed.

From what I have heard, this type of situation requires medical intervention. So we might have a good idea of what happened based on whether she has to go to the hospital in the next few days. I kinda think they had to end the pregnancy to save her life and the baby was not viable, similar to Josie's situation but a few weeks earlier. I know they would never be public about that kind of situation just because it proves the haterz right.

This is just too... good for publicity, kwim? Their ratings were taking a nosedive, and then she got pregnant just in time for the finale. Another season! and now everyone will be watching the coming season to see the dramaz, which will guarantee them yet another season. Convenient. And, no, I would not put it past them OR TLC.

I know I'm going to regret posting this and I know I'm going to come across as a horrible bitch, but...

I just lost my son at 13 weeks a month ago. He was our second child. It was by far the worst thing that has even happened to me and even though I have a wonderful husband and an amazing 2-year-old to keep me going, there are still days I when I can barely function from grief. I have a hard time dredging up much sympathy for Michelle, who beat and blanket-trained her kids until she got a reality show and keeps breeding like a farm animal while her daughters raise her babies and she lives high on the hog on TLC's money, when there are women like me who have lost unborn children that were actually loved and adored and not just seen as #20 to keep the money rolling in. Right now I feel like she cheapens my heartbreak.

Yeah, I know how bad that sounds, but I was going to give my little boy the whole world. He wasn't just some ticket to fame. He wasn't just #20. He was everything to me. :cry:

+1

Reminds me of the story from George W. Bush's autobiography when his mother miscarried and she showed him the fetus in a jar. Some things don't need to be shared.

This happened to someone in my village, a woman who had had nine children. The tenth died in utero. It was a couple of days before they realised. They induced her and she gave birth to the dead baby boy, then they wrapped him and made every one of the other children hold him and be photographed. He had been dead for about three days at that stage. I saw the photographs, as she showed them to me when I went to help out over some issues she was having with what was going on the gravestone. That baby was very obviously dead. And the children were very distressed.

This is becoming a very popular grief process.

My only personal experience with it was a cousin who died first trimester. I was a preschooler and was forced to kiss the dead fetus goodbye at the funeral home.

I know I'm going to regret posting this and I know I'm going to come across as a horrible bitch, but...

I just lost my son at 13 weeks a month ago. He was our second child. It was by far the worst thing that has even happened to me and even though I have a wonderful husband and an amazing 2-year-old to keep me going, there are still days I when I can barely function from grief. I have a hard time dredging up much sympathy for Michelle, who beat and blanket-trained her kids until she got a reality show and keeps breeding like a farm animal while her daughters raise her babies and she lives high on the hog on TLC's money, when there are women like me who have lost unborn children that were actually loved and adored and not just seen as #20 to keep the money rolling in. Right now I feel like she cheapens my heartbreak.

Yeah, I know how bad that sounds, but I was going to give my little boy the whole world. He wasn't just some ticket to fame. He wasn't just #20. He was everything to me. :cry:

No, that's totally understandable. I'm sorry for your loss.

This is becoming a very popular grief process.

My only personal experience with it was a cousin who died first trimester. I was a preschooler and was forced to kiss the dead fetus goodbye at the funeral home.

Having to kiss it seems a little excessive. Having a funeral I can kind of get, but actually making people hold it and kiss it and stuff seems to be taking things too far. It really seems more disgusting than sweet.

Edited for riffles.

If this was a missed miscarriage, fetal demise may have occurred in the first trimester, but not diagnosed until now. That's what happened with me with preg #1 - fetus stopped growing a 9 weeks but preg continued into week 17.

I'm sorry for their loss, which is particularly painful when played out in full view of the world, but relieved that this pregnancy won't kill Michelle.

There was a very simple and small burial for my nephew who passed at 22 weeks, but I can't imagine an actual funeral for a 1st trimester fetus. I never had a desire to see remains from my D&Cs, and with my spontaneous miscarriage - well, I just flushed.

I hope against hope that they don't play pass the fetus with the kids on camera.

Does anyone else remember Rick Santorum's miscarried baby story?

Santorum wrapped the dead fetus in a blanket, took it out of the hospital, and spent several hours kissing and cuddling Gabriel [the fetus] with his three siblings. They took photos, sang lullabies in his ear and held a private Mass.

Sorry for your loss.

There's a foundation where photographers give their time to come into the hospital and take pictures of stillborn/late miscarriages. Some parents find it very healing, and sometimes have their kids involved. But from the pictures in the gallery, I don't remember seeing kids posed with the dead babies - it was more "I took the photo while the parents showed the stillborn to the children".

http://www.nowilaymedowntosleep.org/

Santorum wrapped the dead fetus in a blanket, took it out of the hospital, and spent several hours kissing and cuddling Gabriel [the fetus] with his three siblings. They took photos, sang lullabies in his ear and held a private Mass.

Ew. I can understand an adult needing to greive the way they need to, but don't involve children in it.

I'm so sorry for your loss and I don't think you're horrible for feeling this way. I hope that your grief eases with time.

How many weeks pregnant was she?

The Duggar's local news station posted it on their Facebook page. There is some entertainment in the comments. Re the Bolded: Ya, Michelle didn't stop to call some random person in the supermarket to let you know she had a miscarriage.:

Jeff Evans God is telling her to STOP!

18 minutes ago · Like · 20

Renee Harper wether they are right or wrong in their decisions..please try to be compasionate with them...they have to be hurting right now :(

17 minutes ago · Like · 15

Emily Hulsey maybe this will be the sign for them to stop reproducing like rabbits. i feel sorry for them, but having that many babies isnt good for anyone

17 minutes ago · Like · 6

Vonda Daulton So Sorry for them! God be with them!

17 minutes ago · Like · 2

Derek Masingale exactly Jeff...I agree...its time to stop...

17 minutes ago · Like

Kay Vaughan So sad.. I pray for the Duggar family.. That is one of the hardest thing for a family can go thru..

16 minutes ago · Like · 5

Jesse McGraw Enough is enough!!!

15 minutes ago · Like · 1

April Eaton Moreton Any death of a child is tragic, regardless of the circumstances.

15 minutes ago · Like · 9

Nikki Wright Spurlock very sad news!

14 minutes ago · Like · 1

Ruth Coker Burks I see her quite often at the store and she was so excited. My sincerest condolences.. and who gave you permission to speak for God? They care for all of their children very much .. The 5 year old child who was chained to a dresser was an only child! Who was speaking for her?

14 minutes ago · Like · 16

Sharon Larner Why in the world would you call and report this to People magazine????????

14 minutes ago · Like · 4

Jan Janes God knows they hurt and I am sorry for them.

13 minutes ago · Like

Tami Sheehan I lost my first baby to miscarriage. It is a devistating thing to go through. My heart goes out to them.

13 minutes ago · Like · 2

Kimberly Chard I'll pray for the dugger family.

13 minutes ago · Like

Tonya Charles Tanner wonders why it is soooooo easy for people to judge, especially when they know nothing about it?

13 minutes ago · Like · 2

Danielle Lynne Wert I agree that this is a very tragic and upsetting thing to go through, my heart goes out to them. But i really hope they listen to the doctors this time when they say she shouldn't have anymore children. The body can only handle so much. I wish them all the support in the world and hope this doesn't happen again.

12 minutes ago · Like · 5

Candice Parker So sad but we must rejoice even in the darkest of times because God has a plan for everything... Prayers to her and her family.

12 minutes ago · Like · 2

Jennifer Crawford If you guys don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything.

11 minutes ago · Like · 4

Haidee Gratol This is sad.. N should not be reported for the public to see. We all should respect that.

11 minutes ago · Like · 2

Travis Allen Enough kids already..

11 minutes ago · Like · 1

Kenitra Heytoottoot Brown Sad for anyone to miscarry but I'm sure her womb is like enough already

10 minutes ago · Like

Marla Howe Praying for them

10 minutes ago · Like

Linda G Moeai we aren't God and we can't say this is "His way"... if they have money to pay for it, and it looks like they are doing a great job at teaching the values and to be good citizens... more than some parents of one or two that are not wanted, abused and or murdered. MYOB

10 minutes ago · Like · 3

Jesse McGraw Isn't 45 a little to old to be having your 20th kid??? I mean wow, this family is famous for having 19 kids come on now!!! That's crap!

8 minutes ago · Like

Ben Wheels Stuckey wow Jeff thats crazy that you know what God is telling her

8 minutes ago · Like

Shirley Overton Quick When did this happen? I talked to her only three days ago. She looked very healthy and bubblying with joy as usual. My sympathy and prayers to their family.

8 minutes ago · Like · 1

Danielle Lynne Wert I think they may have had to report it because of the tv show. Probably not right away, but its gotta be hard to keep a secret so big when your life is recorded all the time. Just a guess though...again, my heart goes out to them all the same.

7 minutes ago · Like · 2

Karen Snider Peterson praying for them, terrible loss

7 minutes ago · Like

Jd Redwine Im sorry but since when is this news? This happens all the time to women but it doesn't make the news!

6 minutes ago · Like · 1

Erika Nelson Loss of life is a sad thing for anybody we should all respect this.

6 minutes ago · Like

Jessica Reeves Prayin for the family!

6 minutes ago · Like · 1

James N Marcy There's your SIGN.......STOP!!!!!!!

5 minutes ago · Like

Donald Morton Help a dumb atheist understand... What possible "plan" would a compassionate god have that would involve something like this? It seems like if there is a god, then he is a sadist.

5 minutes ago · Like

Elizabeth McCallum I feel for them i have had several miscarages myself they are not ezey but i also agree enough already

5 minutes ago · Like

Angela Haislip ‎@ Jeff, so what you are saying is God is telling everyone that has a miscarriage to just stop right then and there? I had a miscarriage with our first baby and now I have two beautiful babies. Its a pretty horrible thing to go through.

3 minutes ago · Like

Dave Dalzotto Yawn...talk about some real news.

2 minutes ago · Like

Having to kiss it seems a little excessive. Having a funeral I can kind of get, but actually making people hold it and kiss it and stuff seems to be taking things too far. It really seems more disgusting than sweet.

Edited for riffles.

Polish Catholics married to Italians circa 1954. Anytime there was an open casket children were forced to kiss the deceased. Frankly, I accept the people finding a grief process that works for them. Forcing children to participate in it, on the level I was, is rather unfair. But fairness is not a consideration of religionists.

Years later we lost a much anticipated cousin hours after birth. My Aunt remembered the barbarism of some of these rites and had a closed casket burial, with immediate family, graveside service and no children.

Do regular people really do that, or just wacko fundies?

In the Jewish religion, we do not have funerals for miscarried fetuses.

An unborn fetus in Jewish law is not considered a person (Heb. nefesh, lit. “soulâ€) until it has been born. The fetus is regarded as a part of the mother’s body and not a separate being until it begins to egress from the womb during parturition (childbirth). In fact, until forty days after conception, the fertilized egg is considered as “mere fluid.â€

Do regular people really do that, or just wacko fundies?

In the Jewish religion, we do not have funerals for miscarried fetuses.

An unborn fetus in Jewish law is not considered a person (Heb. nefesh, lit. “soulâ€) until it has been born. The fetus is regarded as a part of the mother’s body and not a separate being until it begins to egress from the womb during parturition (childbirth). In fact, until forty days after conception, the fertilized egg is considered as “mere fluid.â€

That story reminds me of what happened with my friend's step brother and step-sister-in-law. They miscarried a girl and they took the dead fetus home and allowed family members to see the fetus. My friend was 15 at the time and she was the only one out of siblings to not see the fetus. She said the idea kind of freaked her out. They later buried the fetus on the property of a relative of the step sister in law.

Archived