IGNORED

M is for Mama 17

Coconut Flan

24 minutes ago, Baxter said:

I spend way more on my kids than myself. I'm sure many parents do that too because kids keep growing and needing new stuff. I rarely but myself new clothes. But I'm not growing so that's fine. Every time I think I should be good for a while and not need to get anything else for the kids, one of them grows. Activities cost money. But that's ok. I love seeing my kids develop their interests. 

Now that being said, I'm not a mommy martyr. If there's something I or my husband wants, within reason, then we will try and make it happen eventually.

Our couches are seriously worn out, like there is a giant hole on part of it with a bunch of foam coming out. We spent a long time looking for the right couches and finally ordered them a few weeks ago. I'm so happy about that. My kids would rather keep the falling apart couches.

We are also getting a puppy in a few weeks. Our old dog died last August. I have a big birthday coming up and I told my husband that all I wanted was the springer spaniel puppy. My daughter is very excited about getting a new dog but we wouldn't be getting one if I hadn't felt it was the right time. 

Really my husband's and my life revolve around giving the kids a good life even if we do some things for ourselves too. Braggie's main purpose in life isn't to give her kids a good life. They are just window dressing to serve her. 

I think Abbie presents as a rather scattered and disorganized person in general. I think the reason she has so many kids is because she’s too lazy to use BC or track her cycles. She is very self centered and prioritizes what she wants to do or have, and outsources the rest to her parents, older kids and the occasional paid helper. Since she can’t outsource BC or abstinence to anyone other than herself or Shaun (and he is as disinterested as she is), voila, lots of kids. She clearly does not like parenting or anything that takes time, energy or money away from her own wants and interests. It’s a shame really.

• Upvote 4

Even if Braggie did thrift all her clothing, she still spends a ton. Because her closet is the size of a bedroom and it’s full of clothing. 

• Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Wait are we talking about that quilted coat? Was that coat $600? I thought AH rarely shopped for clothing outside of Goodwill?

It appears to be from Potter's Daughter.  At least, that's a site that Abbie mentioned.  The person who runs it seems to repurpose old quilts into coats and jackets.  I think it's a nice, artsy idea but it would make more sense if Abbie made it herself or commissioned someone to reuse one of her old quilts.  The coats are around $600 and above.  It's right up Braggie's alley though.  She ends up with a one-of-a-kind item that's super-special and expensive.  She thinks that she's great at interior decorating and has a keen sense of style.

• Upvote 1

So it seems from instagram that she is in NYC filming for a special podcast. Anyone know what that is?

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, neuroticcat said:

So it seems from instagram that she is in NYC filming for a special podcast. Anyone know what that is?

Something probably none of us could listen to without eye rolling so hard that we’d pass out from extreme vertigo.

Has there yet to be an influencer, blogger, reality TV family that has been found to be squeaky clean and genuine? Has any of these folks enlightened us, the public, with some ground breaking, world changing information? These people are scam artists and grifters. Think about all of these folks from the mommy bloggers to the financial bloggers to the religious bloggers and now authors and podcasters, are any of these folks actually legit? The dirt always comes out. Abbie, Kate Gosselin, JB Duggar- all scam artists. Dead Gwen, Dave Hollis, Dave Ramsey, Jordan Page- all scam artists when it comes to their “topic of expertise.” All in the name of a quick and easy buck.

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 1

Does Braggie know you can you can do a podcast without traveling to NYC?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 15

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Does Braggie know you can you can do a podcast without traveling to NYC?

Staying at home is for plebs!

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

Wouldn’t it be nice if she actually told her readers how this works in her house. I’m sure the people asking her have large families and very small budgets and time. But over privileged Braggie just let’s everyone know that she can do it all! She’s just that fantastic. But won’t let the world know that her older kids are probably acting as chauffeurs along with her own mother. The servant of princess Braggie. If everyone knew exactly how much help she has and how much money she spends all the time, she wouldn’t be relatable and would lose a lot of her humpers. 

7524864B-7C71-445B-9D8F-412912B2C83F.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Disgust 2
  • Eyeroll 13
  • I Agree 2

But over privileged Braggie just let’s everyone know that she can do it all!

And of course the unspoken part is: "If you can't do it all like me, YouRʻe dOiNg iT wRonG."

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 4

48 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

And of course the unspoken part is: "If you can't do it all like me, YouRʻe dOiNg iT wRonG."

It reminds me of Ballerina Farm. Her life is supposed to be aspirational on instagram but her husband comes from a billionaire family. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

7 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Wouldn’t it be nice if she actually told her readers how this works in her house

Well, she didn’t say each child gets to do all the activities. They could all be in church groups and home school co-op (no individual activities, so easy to coordinate), music lessons could well be with a teacher coming into their home, then one kid doing a sport, one kid in choir, “social events” could be anything that only happens once a year - and voilà, she wouldn’t have technically lied in her post, but makes it sound a lot more than it actually is for each individual child.

Edited by GreenBeans
  • Upvote 9

14 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

7524864B-7C71-445B-9D8F-412912B2C83F.jpeg

No Abby, your children are not constantly running everywhere.. You on the other hand.. *cough* New York, Canada, Europe *cough*

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3

On 4/16/2024 at 4:45 PM, neuroticcat said:

She was debating parenting with a secular psychologist. She prepped for months, not because she needed it, oh no. She prepped so she could be drenched in scripture. She sounds so stupid. Part of me wants to listen but I can't stand her voice. 

Screenshot_20240419-1945402.png.7fb13ad6496363cb6beb86170810e751.png

Abbie gets tons of messages from panicked young moms who think they aren't doing things right. Maybe it's because shitty people like Abbie are always telling parents what to do. She has no clue whatsoever that she's a part of the problem. 

God, her smug face is insufferable. 

Spoiler

Screenshot_20240419-1946112.png.243b41ad9015b7fbe68077d0256c0784.pngScreenshot_20240419-1946032.png.922835a246b1af65aba642259ae90760.png

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 16

Braggie always thinks so highly of herself that she won’t recognize if she failed to debate well on the podcast. She won’t recognize if she comes off smug or holier than though. She will just say it’s a win for Christianity and go on with her overprivileged life. Someone else will have to listen because I don’t think I can. I might roll my eyes clean out of my head. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 7

Braggie always thinks so highly of herself that she won’t recognize if she failed to debate well on the podcast

Earlier this week a bona fide archaeologist, Flint Dibble, debated kook-master & pusher of pseudo-science Graham Hancock on the Joe Rogan podcast. It did not go well for Hancock. 

Dibble did his homework and came prepared. He explains here why he agreed to the debate. 

Take away from the above: I hope that the clinical psychologist does their homework on Braggie. Itʻs all out there on her social media - the parentification of her oldest kids, making Shiloh into the family scapegoat, her abysmal parenting during their lengthy European trip, the bizarre arrangement of the kidsʻ rooms in the house. It would not be difficult to demolish Braggie's claims, even amidst a torrent of bible verses.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1

1 minute ago, hoipolloi said:

Earlier this week a bona fide archaeologist, Flint Dibble, debated kook-master & pusher of pseudo-science Graham Hancock on the Joe Rogan podcast. It did not go well for Hancock. 

Dibble did his homework and came prepared. He explains here why he agreed to the debate. 

Take away from the above: I hope that the clinical psychologist does their homework on Braggie. Itʻs all out there on her social media - the parentification of her oldest kids, making Shiloh into the family scapegoat, her abysmal parenting during their lengthy European trip, the bizarre arrangement of the kidsʻ rooms in the house. It would not be difficult to demolish Braggie's claims, even amidst a torrent of bible verses.

Oh I have no hope that anything will come from this even if she comes off sounding ignorant and smug. If she gets any pushback, she will pretend like the podcast never happened. She will bury it and her humpers will happily forget it ever happened. Plus Reddit doesn’t seem to give a shit about Braggie. They are all too busy talking about Jill Rod, Paul and Morgan, and the Bairds. 

• Upvote 9

46 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

If she gets any pushback, she will pretend like the podcast never happened. She will bury it and her humpers will happily forget it ever happened.

Probably all true but my point is that we need to take these asshats seriously. They so often get a pass in these situations because those debating them do not do their homework.

Case in point: the Mother Jones article on t_rex Arms & the Botkins. I give it a C-. With a bit more effort, that reporter could have easily connected a few more dots to show readers what's really going on with t-Rex leghumpers, the Botkins, and Christian nationalism in general. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

I don't understand why a psychologist would want to debate her. Does Braggie have credentials beyond having been pregnant a million times? Debating someone gives them legitimacy. Unless the psychologist is just looking for publicity, which would be the worst case scenario.

Edited by MariaariaM
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 5

I’m sure she read “Bad Therapy:Why the kids aren’t growing up” by Abigail Shrier. She probably thought that shitty therapy hating book would educate her on how to debate an actual therapist. She’s got the biggest damn ego under the sun. It’s embarrassing. 

• Upvote 5

On 4/19/2024 at 12:37 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

It reminds me of Ballerina Farm. Her life is supposed to be aspirational on instagram but her husband comes from a billionaire family. 

My insta feed is mostly food and pets stuff, but lately Ballerina farm and other trad wife bullshit is creeping in. I can't stand this fake wholesome good ole timey stuff and I can't stand these fundies in disguise spreading their propaganda with that. And I can't stand rich people playing humble folksy farm life for likes and hide all the hired help in the background. But maybe me, a 40 year old cynical spinster, is the wrong target audience for short videos about how when the kids want garlic bread as a snack and they start with making their own damn mozzarella for it.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, klein_roeschen said:

the wrong target audience

You and me both.

Then again, I thank my lucky stars that this shite was not around when I was a young mother. The trad-wife/rich-lady-posing-as-farm-wife shtick is so destructive. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 8

41 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

You and me both.

Then again, I thank my lucky stars that this shite was not around when I was a young mother. The trad-wife/rich-lady-posing-as-farm-wife shtick is so destructive. 

Back in 2012 when I had my first, there were mom blogs to make you feel like a shit mom. Zoo was one of many. Although she was religious hateful and nasty, she espoused a ton of bullshit other mommy bloggers would say to make everyone feel less than. Like saying breast is best and formula is inferior. You aren’t attached of don’t baby wear. You must always cosleep. You have to only feed your babies whole organic foods. I think it’s shitty to shame any new mom who is doing her best. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 16

Back in 2012 when I had my first, there were mom blogs to make you feel like a shit mom.

ITA. I wonder if we'll ever know the extent of the damage they caused. 

Of course, in my case, that era of my life (no internet, no cell phones) might as well have been the Early Jurassic - but we did have a Kaypro computer!

• Upvote 4

Now she is quoting scripture (Ecclesiastes) in relation to decorating and a dresser. I have no idea what the sweet hell she is trying to say. I am a few glasses of wine in so that might be part of the problem. Or more likely, she is just an ass hole. 🤣

• Upvote 6
  • Eyeroll 1
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 8

4 hours ago, fluffernutter said:

Now she is quoting scripture (Ecclesiastes) in relation to decorating and a dresser. I have no idea what the sweet hell she is trying to say. I am a few glasses of wine in so that might be part of the problem. Or more likely, she is just an ass hole. 🤣

It's not just you. I'm unfortunately sober and have no clue how Jesus and furniture are connected.

She's peeing her pants because she bought a MCM dresser and piled a bunch of shit on top of it, then shoved it in the corner of the dining room. Like many thing in her house, it looks disjointed and out of place, probably because it's the only piece of mid-century in the house. Don't get me wrong, it's a great dresser. It has a nice tone and is visually interesting. Using it as dining storage is a good idea, just not for her house. People should buy what they love but damn, given the amount of money she spends, some level of cohesion is expected. She has too many clashing styles yet somehow believes that she's realllllly good at making things "lovely". She didn't think she was capable of decorating well and she's right. As an aside, MCM furniture and children are a tough mix. The wood finishes in that era are not very durable and require care that I doubt she will give it. R.I.P. that nice dresser.

Abbie also seems to think that developing new interests and changing over time is a novel idea.  

Spoiler

Screenshot_20240421-2136352.png.dfbcf8a33ad528f60396df99f2bd0005.pngScreenshot_20240421-2137032.thumb.png.313d598c128af7b65bd9001b47acd9c5.png

• Upvote 4
  • Eyeroll 8