IGNORED

M is for Mama 17

Coconut Flan

Wow, Abbie finally got it! She made that ungodly working mama jealous of her dresser. It's not a cheap one. She's so lucky in the financial side of life, yet she's never satisfied.

• Upvote 5

6 hours ago, SuperNova said:

It's not just you. I'm unfortunately sober and have no clue how Jesus and furniture are connected.

She's peeing her pants because she bought a MCM dresser and piled a bunch of shit on top of it, then shoved it in the corner of the dining room. Like many thing in her house, it looks disjointed and out of place, probably because it's the only piece of mid-century in the house. Don't get me wrong, it's a great dresser. It has a nice tone and is visually interesting. Using it as dining storage is a good idea, just not for her house. People should buy what they love but damn, given the amount of money she spends, some level of cohesion is expected. She has too many clashing styles yet somehow believes that she's realllllly good at making things "lovely". She didn't think she was capable of decorating well and she's right. As an aside, MCM furniture and children are a tough mix. The wood finishes in that era are not very durable and require care that I doubt she will give it. R.I.P. that nice dresser.

Abbie also seems to think that developing new interests and changing over time is a novel idea.  

Hide contents

Screenshot_20240421-2136352.png.dfbcf8a33ad528f60396df99f2bd0005.pngScreenshot_20240421-2137032.thumb.png.313d598c128af7b65bd9001b47acd9c5.png

She really does think she’s a great interior designer. She’s horrible at it. She manages to take beautiful pieces and jumble them together in a way that makes all the beautiful pieces look worse! 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

I am not an expert, but I have always been under the impression that mid century modern style was fairly streamlined and leaned into minimalism. Her style is extremely cluttered. If she went with Victorian style, it might work. But I don’t think she could ever pull off mid mod. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

As a contractor once told me, he loved working with me because I know what I like, and I don’t give an EFF about what anyone else thinks about it. But I also don’t believe that I’m God’s gift to interior design and I am not taking to the www or podcasts about my superior skills in this area, and I am certainly not writing books about how I do things, why my way is the best way, or attempting to connect it all to my version of God. 

If only AH would stop (all the frantic, maniacal, over consumptive behaviors) and take a deep breath, maybe get some professional help and simplify her life and surroundings. She might finally find some happiness, joy and inner peace. She is a hot mess and 1 more inane purchase is not going to truly solve her problems.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

25 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

As a contractor once told me, he loved working with me because I know what I like, and I don’t give an EFF about what anyone else thinks about it. But I also don’t believe that I’m God’s gift to interior design and I am not taking to the www or podcasts about my superior skills in this area, and I am certainly not writing books about how I do things, why my way is the best way, or attempting to connect it all to my version of God. 

If only AH would stop (all the frantic, maniacal, over consumptive behaviors) and take a deep breath, maybe get some professional help and simplify her life and surroundings. She might finally find some happiness, joy and inner peace. She is a hot mess and 1 more inane purchase is not going to truly solve her problems.

Jill does the same thing but she doesn’t have the high budget so she just buys a bunch of stuff from thrift stores instead. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

Collectors of things, including human beings all in an attempt to make one happy? Feel better? Less angry?

• Upvote 7

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I am not an expert, but I have always been under the impression that mid century modern style was fairly streamlined and leaned into minimalism. Her style is extremely cluttered. If she went with Victorian style, it might work. But I don’t think she could ever pull off mid mod. 

It can be. Most people think of Scandinavian design and space race type stuff when they think mid-mod because those are the most iconic looks of the era but MCM runs from 1946-1976 so there's lots of variety. Our house was built in 1948 and we decorate with the era with the exception of appliances and electronics. I would say we lean Scandinavian and mostly collect from 1960 forward, no space race or sleek metal and we stick to warm tones only.  I don't want to sound like a dork but you have to have a vision of what you want, otherwise you end up with an Abbie jumble. Cohesiveness is key when you're not into minimalism. She thinks she's pulling off eclecticism but she doesn't have enough unifying elements to make it happen. 

• Upvote 9

We are currently planning a very large renovation to our home. And the very first thing I did was hire a designer. I love interior design, and have a pretty good eye, but this is an expensive project and one I only want to do once. We are trying very hard to be conscious of our environmental impact and I don’t want to waste any money buying something that won’t work well in the house or that won’t last. So an expert was called in, and he is making the process so enjoyable. I still have input and get to make decisions, but I can be confident that it will look incredible and timeless in the end and that I won’t need to worry about buying anything over again. Abbie’s mindless consumerism is the thing that irritates me the most. The planet is drowning in stuff, and she isn’t helping. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

The math says she paid like $500 for this. She thinks she got a great deal. But she didn’t need it in the first place! She had a different one that used to be in her dining room. It wasn’t damaged in the “flood.” So why did she need to spend $500 for this new one? Because she has a shopping problem that she would never admit. 

0352F43C-39F1-4563-88E7-EBA2AFE911DC.jpeg

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

My apologies to all who love MCM furniture. But I think this piece is super ugly. It reminds me of my parents' 50's furniture. I even disliked our furniture then. 

• I Agree 9

7 minutes ago, Caroline said:

My apologies to all who love MCM furniture. But I think this piece is super ugly. It reminds me of my parents' 50's furniture. I even disliked our furniture then. 

This particular MCM piece is not my favorite. But there are other MCM pieces I love. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

My favorite thing about her latest treasure and IG is that she made a big deal about her find, and fashion-scraped the visible parts of the piece… and then someone asked about seeing the inside, and AH had to admitted that she hadn't cleaned the inside of it- she opened the door and there was dust and crap inside. THIS sums up Abbie, perfectly. She’s a superficial show with nothing of substance underneath, and is lazy AF. Clean the damn thing out before you take to the gram for attention.

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 10

Inside is still filthy and nothing is stored in the new storage chest.

So Braggie essentially spent $500 for a "shelf" she doesn't need. A "shelf" over crowded with disparate things that don't complement or coordinate with each other or the "shelf".

Just like the rest of her house.

And ..... BEC -- I think that flower print is ugly as homemade sin.

• Upvote 10

I guess I pulled a Braggie and put wall paper on my bathroom built in cupboard. It was super cheap though. I didn’t spend hundreds of dollars on designer Anthro paper. I spent like 8 or 9 bucks on a roll of this to brighten up the space: 

B1D94D8F-3A25-4AB9-BB92-5E3A86818272.jpeg

• Upvote 4
  • Love 13

On 4/24/2024 at 1:18 AM, Caroline said:

I don't know enough about the furniture and period to really have an opinion but I'm not a fan of that particular piece. 

On 4/24/2024 at 2:28 AM, SassyPants said:

AH had to admitted that she hadn't cleaned the inside of it- she opened the door and there was dust and crap inside.

This I just don't get. Surely at least part of the point of it is storage? At the very least wouldn't you clean just to make sure you hadn't brought spiders or other insects in with you?? Betting at least part of the price difference was cleaning, restoring, polishing and insect-free guarantee!

• Upvote 7

What gets me is did she not even open it before she bought it? Or at least once she had it home! 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 5

You have to remember this is a woman who combed her dirty hair with a filthy fork from a rental van’s floor on her way to family wedding in Yosemite. She has also admitted to only changing her babies’ clothing every few days. Babies poop and puke and are forever soiling their clothing…She is lazy AF.

• Upvote 5
  • Disgust 8
  • WTF 1

Braggie is going to have one of the servant-hearted children clean and polish the chest. She'll brag that the child volunteered -- but in reality was volun-told.

I can see her doing this as part of her penny rewards system.

Totally agree with @SassyPants; Braggie is lazy AF.

• Upvote 6

My opinion: she’s not lazy as fuck. She’s self centered as fuck. Just like Jill. Both Jill and Braggie have plenty of energy and will work hard on things that matter to them. But everything else is doled out to the children. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 7

22 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

She has also admitted to only changing her babies’ clothing every few days. Babies poop and puke and are forever soiling their clothing

Which means that the younger kids are likely cleaner than the older kids were, unless Abbie's mother was doing the bulk of the older kids changes. Which is pretty likely now I think about it. 

Why on earth did this woman have children?

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Ozlsn said:

Which means that the younger kids are likely cleaner than the older kids were, unless Abbie's mother was doing the bulk of the older kids changes. Which is pretty likely now I think about it. 

When she had just 3 kids, they lived on the second floor of her parent’s home. So I’m sure mom helped raise the youngest 3.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

27 minutes ago, Ozlsn said:

Exactly. She's a textbook example of why people who don't want children should, in fact, not have children. 

• I Agree 15

4 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

This I just don't get. Surely at least part of the point of it is storage? At the very least wouldn't you clean just to make sure you hadn't brought spiders or other insects in with you?? Betting at least part of the price difference was cleaning, restoring, polishing and insect-free guarantee!

She talked about how the little children were taking bread from the pantry and putting it in there. So maybe it was clean when it came home but then the food got in it? 

Unclear. I guess I don't get why if you recorded that you wouldn't pause, wipe it out, and rerecord? I would be embarrassed by that. 

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, neuroticcat said:

She talked about how the little children were taking bread from the pantry and putting it in there.

That could be concerning.

Look I know kids do weird things as part of games, and maybe I've been reading JRod too much but my first thought was that they are hungry and hiding food for later.

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 1

I think the little boys just get up to lots of shenanigans because Braggie refuses to supervise them. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic