IGNORED

Maxwell 58: What Will Anna Do? Plus Anna Marie Gives Birth

Coconut Flan

Is Anna an education major? If she is she could be student teaching. My roommate in college was an education major and I know that the semester she student taught I hardly saw her. She was so busy with that

• Upvote 8

17 hours ago, StillOdd1Out said:

isn’t this her in blue? 

IMG_2659.jpeg

That's definitely from last year. The pic is burned on my brain because there's someone in it who I know IRL and the thought of people from my real life - even if I haven't seen them in years - rubbing elbows with the Maxgirls was mind-blowing. 

• Upvote 12

I very much hope Anna is an education major. But I’m afraid I’ll be very disappointed and she will graduate with a missions degree instead. 

• Upvote 13

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I very much hope Anna is an education major. But I’m afraid I’ll be very disappointed and she will graduate with a missions degree instead. 

Of all the dysfunctional aspects of fundie life that I find really harmful, the withholding of a decent education is the absolute worst. Talk about stunting and handicapping a person. I am happy the 2 youngest Maxwells were able to go to college and I hope Anna is getting a useful education. How does Steve think she is suppose to support her 30+ YO self if she has no marketable skill?

• Upvote 19

On 10/7/2023 at 5:55 AM, Bethy said:

I think another part of this is that among fundies, women are fairly interchangeable brood mares. If a wife dies in childbirth, then the widowed husband will be sad for a few minutes and then find a new wife, and continue fathering children with her while everyone praises the deceased mom for giving her life in the most noble way possible. Many don't believe in childhood trauma, so they'll assume that since a replacement mommy came into the home fairly immediately and the kids are fed and clothed, they're fine, and any acting out that stems from that trauma is really just defiance that needs to be spanked out of them - easy peasy!

I know the conversation has moved on a bit  but I wanted to say this is what happened to my cousins ex-wife who was one of six. Being the oldest girl she was already a sister mom at a young age and when her mom died her dad remarried 6 months later. (He was a pastor and married his secretary, which i was told was totally on the up and up. No funny business had been going on) That family has all sorts of unresolved and unacknowledged trauma. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 10

3 hours ago, SassyPants said:

How does Steve think she is suppose to support her 30+ YO self if she has no marketable skill?

I think Stevehovah's plan was that Anna would take Sarah's old job working for her brother and also be the live-in caretaker for the aging parents.

• Upvote 7
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 3

4 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

I think Stevehovah's plan was that Anna would take Sarah's old job working for her brother and also be the live-in caretaker for the aging parents.

I believe he always said that if the girls didn't marry they would inherit the house after he and Teri passed, but maybe subconsciously he thought it was an all or nothing situation where the three of them would always have each other, kind of like the Baldwin ladies on the Waltons but without making The Recipe. What is one never-married sister going to do with a house that size? Just the taxes on it have to be more than "Annie" ever made being the arbitrary female help desk for the One Ton Ramp. 

More likely she'd be at the mercy of her brothers for housing and feeding. Because theoretically she could've ended up being 50-60 years old with a pretty calligraphy homeschool diploma and absolutely no real work experience. At least with a college degree - even if it is in missions - there are more work opportunities for her,  and she's gotten out in the world more to make connections and see that sitting at home waiting on mommy and daddy and waiting for her prince to show up isn't really a biblical mandate. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

Here's Anna at the ABC Volleyball game a few days ago. This is from the ABC Warriors FB page.

image.png.77ba3bbebff7d821ef4cb920ba9bedce.png

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 19
  • Love 2

I think the other girl is / was Caleb's girlfriend.

There were photos of Sam and Mary, Anna and Alex and Caleb around the time when when we were surmising about " special friend " relationships He graduated and is waiting to join police college

• Upvote 8

42 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Here's Anna at the ABC Volleyball game a few days ago. This is from the ABC Warriors FB page.

I love that Anna and Mary when she attended go to sports events considering Stevehova’s views on team sports. 

I do think it is kinda random that she is in it but hey 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

On 10/21/2023 at 9:19 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think a proper degree in missions could be useful. That means one with lots of learning about managing cultural differences, working with people you disagree with, organizing missions and volunteers, public speaking and planning events, budgeting, fundraising, some basic teaching skills, language studies if planning to work with people who don't speak English, other specialized studies if they are planning to work with other groups, etc. A lot of that sort of skill would help a lot in HR or working for any sort of nonprofit, religious or not. 

Memorizing Bible verses and learning how to build straw men to counteract common objections to proselytizing and how to scare people into going to church lest they burn in hell is much less useful. 

• Upvote 12

1 hour ago, Zee said:

I do think it is kinda random that she is in it but hey 🤷🏼‍♀️

Maybe she was some sort of volunteer at the event? She has been a member of student council in the past.

• Upvote 7

She and Mary were in some sort of apartment living situation and we’ve seen posts that suggest they hosted other students there. Maybe it’s a quasi-RA role?

• Upvote 7

On 10/21/2023 at 9:07 AM, Bethy said:

That's definitely from last year. The pic is burned on my brain because there's someone in it who I know IRL and the thought of people from my real life - even if I haven't seen them in years - rubbing elbows with the Maxgirls was mind-blowing. 

Wasn't mission training why they got to go? They both expressed an interest? No way they'd be education majors--even a Christian School would be too liberal for Steve! After all, many Christian schools are really just "private" schools that have all kids who go to some church (my kids attended one years ago)

1 hour ago, fundiewatch said:

She and Mary were in some sort of apartment living situation and we’ve seen posts that suggest they hosted other students there. Maybe it’s a quasi-RA role?

Do they have dorms or apartments that function as "dorms"? I worked for a Christian College  for years that had apartments/townhouses for students. Single sex per unit, of course

• Upvote 4

There are dorms and there are married couples apartments on campus. It looked like Mary and Anna lived in one of the married couples apartments last year. 

• Upvote 7

On 10/23/2023 at 2:15 PM, HereticHick said:

Oh Steve, you poor thing, where did you go wrong???  Hair color, pants with eye trapping stripes, and we won't even talk about the placement of the Under Armor logo...right smack in the bosom!  How I cried when I saw that!  I wailed uncontrollable sobs!  Watching organized sports, and, oh dear, I shudder even typing this...having fun!  Maybe the owner of Free Jinger can write an FJ Corner for fathers whose children have backslidden. You know, like you and yours!  Come to us for advice.  We will help you.  If it's any consolation, it's not just your daughter.  You are not alone.  These girls today don't listen to a damn thing we say.  You try to raise them right, and the next thing you know, they go to college.  They should be home sewing patchwork quilts and blessing the family with homemade soaps!  And they don't know the value of a dollar.  Wasting hard earned money on college.  Careless spending habits if you ask me.  They probably learned it from their mother with her many unnecessary trips to Hobby Lobby.  Shame shame Teri.  Tell Christopher to go to West Virginia and drag his sister's ass back home.  Your daughter needs to spend a good long time with Anna Marie so she can get deprogrammed and back to the virtuous woman she used to be.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 31
  • Love 4

57 minutes ago, theologygeek said:

Careless spending habits if you ask me.  They probably learned it from their mother with her many unnecessary trips to Hobby Lobby.

Not to mention all that Pepsi. For shame!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 11

I like to imagine Anna kicking back in the dorm with friends, laughing, reliving the game highlights while drinking a Pepsi or a Coke or a Dr Pepper. Having F.U.N.

Anything that Stevejovah would consider an idol.

• Upvote 13
  • Love 4

10 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

Not to mention all that Pepsi. For shame!

If Teri stressed the importance of selling Young Living products, none of this would have happened.  The girls would have been home curing ailments and making the house smell pretty.  And look at them now.  One of them is wearing sweatpants and watching organized sports, and the other one is trotting around the country photographing weddings.  They have been lost to the world.  How sad.  

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 11

On 10/8/2023 at 1:51 AM, Hane said:

A friend of mine got breast cancer when her daughter was quite young. It was a type that could be re-triggered by hormonal changes. She immediately decided not to have any more kids, because “Angie needs a mother more than she needs a baby brother.”

I didn't want to write this but yes. Pregnancy can make cancer run rampant. I've seen a few clients who this happened too. Sadly as others have said it doesn't end well. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 6
  • I Agree 1

On 10/25/2023 at 11:39 PM, Milly-Molly-Mandy said:

I didn't want to write this but yes. Pregnancy can make cancer run rampant. I've seen a few clients who this happened too. Sadly as others have said it doesn't end well. 

Yes.  Some breast cancers are estrogen positive.  Some are progesterone positive.  It can be both, neither, or mixed.  If she has PR+ or E+, pregnancy can accelerate any of those cancer cells.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

On 10/27/2023 at 2:04 PM, Xan said:

Yes.  Some breast cancers are estrogen positive.  Some are progesterone positive.  It can be both, neither, or mixed.  If she has PR+ or E+, pregnancy can accelerate any of those cancer cells.

I looked back on the blog posts and I can't find one where she says the specific type she has. There is a post from July 2020 (shortly after her return home from chemo on the west coast) where she mentions anti-HER2 therapy and the fact that she would be in a HER2 blocker through April of 2022. Mercifully I don't know enough about cancer to know whether this makes pregnancy particularly dangerous for her. 

In another post, while she was still receiving chemo on the west coast, she mentions having a brain MRI to establish a baseline because, while her type of cancer was regarded as "easily treatable" and less likely to return as breast cancer, it was more likely than some types to emerge elsewhere - such as in the brain. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 1
  • Thank You 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic