IGNORED

Maxwell 58: What Will Anna Do? Plus Anna Marie Gives Birth

Coconut Flan

5 hours ago, GreenBeans said:

And with not clothes hangers to be found in any of her photos! If there is no photo of a clothes hanger in an empty staircase, is it even a wedding? 😂

Or a blurred group shot taken from a distance, or the groomsmen all jumping in the air.

One thing I always found eyeroll-worthy about Chris’s website was that pretty much EVERY wedding album started with a photo of the church where the wedding took place.

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mango_fandango said:

pretty much EVERY wedding album started with a photo of the church where the wedding took place.

Seriously -- without that photo how could you tell it was a godly Christian wedding where the couple had their first kiss at the altar?

Sheeesh people  :GPn0zNK:

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 11

15 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

Good Q!  Ive been out of the *work!* game for so long, I really don’t know!  I wouldn’t mind having a nice image of myself for … I dunno what purpose. 
Wait oh wait! I DO Know! 
In Japan (according to NHK TV, which I watched a few years ago til my cable dropped it) folks get a pleasant photo of themselves taken as they enter their later years. The family display the photo at home as a memorial when the time comes. 

Definitely have a good photo of yourself taken if you can! Even a nice selfie that you share with friends and family would be nice to have. I have dealt with several families putting together funeral programs or memorial things quickly and it's difficult when they struggle to find any semi-recent photo of their loved one. Like it's awesome to include the fun young photos for sure, but a recent one is best to be the main photo. Hopefully you'll be really old and go peacefully and there'll be a current-ish photo to use - you lived! Celebrate that! Every line, every freckle, every gray hair is evidence of a life that was lived. It's sad when sometimes the best photo they have is from the person's high school yearbook or their wedding 40 years earlier.

We were lucky in that both sets of grandparents attended churches that had church directories made within a decade of their passing, so we had nice formal portraits of them that looked like them still. But so many people have portraits done in school, at their wedding, possibly a Sear's-style family photo or two through the years with the kids, and then maybe at their children's wedding if they think about it. And that's it. It's odd, everyone now has a camera in their pocket yet those photos seem very ephemeral and there are none to find when you need them. Print some out! Send the file for your favorite to your family and friends! 

Influencers get ragged on for having photoshoots for every little life event, but I think they're awesome. Document your life! You don't have to share them with anyone but those closest to you if you don't want, but I feel like you'll appreciate having them in the long run. Photoshoots should be fun! Back in the 80's and 90's we had Glamour Shots - going and getting fancy photos done was a fun splurge activity then. Sadly I never got to have those done, but I'd have enjoyed it I think!

And also practically speaking it is always a good idea to have recent photos available that your family and friends have or know how to access. Maybe I watch too much True Crime stuff but if you go missing, you don't want your most recent photo to be 15 years and three hair styles ago. Your "missing person" flyer needs to show what you look like now. 

Thus ends my semi-annual "get yourself some current photos even if you hate having your photo taken" Ted Talk. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 3

I thought this deserved its own thread.  Just got Teri's monthly newsletter.  She mentions the new baby.

Edited by SPHASH
ETA
  • Upvote 8
  • WTF 1

@SPHASH did she say if Anna gave birth at home? I wonder if this would’ve been considered a high risk pregnancy. She could still have at least one more, possibly three more!

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, Giraffe said:

@SPHASH did she say if Anna gave birth at home? I wonder if this would’ve been considered a high risk pregnancy. She could still have at least one more, possibly three more!

Teri didn't say

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

It’s been 3.5 years since she had Simon. Definitely their longest spacing. I wouldn’t be surprised if she had another in 2 years. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 5

• Coconut Flan changed the title to Maxwell 58: What Will Anna Do? Plus Anna Marie Gives Birth

Didn't Jesse and Anna also have a baby recently? I don't see a child who could be theirs in the photo accompanying the Mom's Corner. It's kind of strange for just one grandchild to be absent. 

• Upvote 5

31 minutes ago, Alcyone said:

Didn't Jesse and Anna also have a baby recently? I don't see a child who could be theirs in the photo accompanying the Mom's Corner. It's kind of strange for just one grandchild to be absent. 

Their Registry is for a girl due in July. We don’t have any pics or a name. 

• Upvote 6

5 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

This makes me think the small baby in the picture with the pink bow is Jesse and Anna's baby. Maybe the photo was taken before Nathan and Anna's baby was born. Teri doesn't say exactly when Esther Marie was born (just that it was recently) so it definitely could be post-photo. 

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Am I mathing badly, or is that nine months from now, in which case, how could she even be pregnant now?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

26 minutes ago, Jasmar said:

Am I mathing badly, or is that nine months from now, in which case, how could she even be pregnant now?

Sorry. The baby was likely born in July 2023. But no one announced anything. So they may never announce. 

• Upvote 5

12 hours ago, Alisamer said:

Back in the 80's and 90's we had Glamour Shots - going and getting fancy photos done was a fun splurge activity then. Sadly I never got to have those done, but I'd have enjoyed it I think!

I went to Glamour Shots and I’m sincerely sorry you didn’t get to - it WAS fun!  Never before nor since have I worn that much makeup. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

It's amazing how clothes can age people. I've pretty much always assumed Christopher's Anna was old enough to be my mother, even if that makes zero sense. And she's younger than me? And Steve and Terri are younger than my parents? Mind. Blown. 

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, Maggie Mae said:

It's amazing how clothes can age people. I've pretty much always assumed Christopher's Anna was old enough to be my mother, even if that makes zero sense. And she's younger than me? And Steve and Terri are younger than my parents? Mind. Blown. 

I know, right? Like, I'm around the same age as Bro Gary, and I'm older than JillRod. How? Some people look young forever, some people look old before their time, and I'm honestly not sure I can judge which is which accurately. I think Sarah looks younger now than she did living at home following dad's rules. 

I suspect I'm going to end up like my grandpa, who was 90 going on 20 toward the end of his life. 

My body thinks it's a bit past middle aged. My brain, personality and interests are like maybe 25. Maybe. 

Clothes do make a huge difference, though. I've told my sisters that if I ever start wearing those matching pastel polo shirt and capri pant sets like our mom loves to please take me to get a neurological checkup immediately because something is very, VERY wrong.

Nothing against those sets, my mom rocks them. So did my grandma. But they have never been my style and I'm not going to change my style just due to my age. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 2

Steve and teri are very close in age to my parents. Teri and my mom look similar in age and I bet people would guess they are similar in age. My dad on the other hand looks older than Steve even though they are similar in age. But my dad is a life long smoker. And that ages a person. 

• Upvote 4

Aging is such a crapshoot. I've taken quite a beating since the beginning of Covid. But I don't smoke or drink. My diet could be better, but I look older than my years, when before, I could pass for much younger. I don't compare people, because they could just have shitty genetics despite doing everything "right." 

• Upvote 13
  • Love 5

On 10/3/2023 at 11:53 AM, SPHASH said:

I thought this deserved its own thread.  Just got Teri's monthly newsletter.  She mentions the new baby.

Is this not the same as the Corner online? Because I checked that earlier and it started with a rambling paragraph about back spasms before launching into a boring article on how to plan boring meals and there was nothing about anybody having a baby. 

• Upvote 5

It blows my mind that Anna Marie is only three years older than me. I have a feeling she would look a lot younger if she cut her hair and updated her clothes.

• Upvote 4

On 10/3/2023 at 9:30 AM, Alisamer said:

We were lucky in that both sets of grandparents attended churches that had church directories made within a decade of their passing, so we had nice formal portraits of them that looked like them still.

My mom just died, and that’s exactly what we used for her obit photo. It was taken since Dad died, which was 13 years ago, and, in fact I think it was less than eight years old because someone picked her up from her assisted living apartment to go to have it taken (she could no longer drive). She made she we all had a copy of it, too, which makes it obvious she knew that it might be the last “formal” photo. 

We had a DVD of photos playing at the funeral home that my SIL had done for her 75th birthday, and photo boards from her life that also kind of filled in the last 17 years (she was 92). You really don’t realize how I important all those Thanksgiving and Christmas pics are until they make things “nice” during funeral visitations and give people something to look at and comment on. So smile for all of them!

Saying that…I do NOT want a visitation myself, or a burial for that matter. i understand it honors the deceased and that’s what my mom wanted, but they are so so so hard on the family.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 10

• Coconut Flan locked this topic