IGNORED

Maxwell 58: What Will Anna Do? Plus Anna Marie Gives Birth

Coconut Flan

1 hour ago, Jana814 said:

Mary looks great!  

She does, and her hair looks so cute in two braids. I got thinking about it...I don't really remember the Maxwell girls wearing their hair in two braids at any point on the blog. I even went back on the Wayback Machine (since they apparently dumped a lot of their hosted photos, so much of the blog has broken links instead of photos) and looked for pics of Mary when the blog started, when she would have been just turning ten, and only saw pictures of hair either hanging down straight or else in a low ponytail. It's hard to say whether that would stem from an ultra-literal reading of I Peter 3:3, or if it's the way the Gothard movement - which the Maxwells seem to be at least tangentially involved with - seeks to dress young girls like middle-aged women while simultaneously treating them like perpetual children on into adulthood (my Gothard-adjacent parents were offended when I wore my hair in two braids in my late teens, and actually ordered me to stop.) In any case, it looks cute and practical for the activity, and I'm glad she has the freedom to do her hair however she likes, and wear clothes that are actually appropriate for the activity. It's a far cry from doing DIY home demolition and climbing 14ers in long skirts, and preparing baked goods that are to be given to the community during caroling with her hair hanging down all over the place!

• Upvote 7

From the public FB of a friend of Mary & Anna's--from earlier in 2023.  So much leg, Steve! Boys with giant Afros! 

Anna.jpg

Edited by HereticHick
  • Upvote 13
  • Haha 3
  • Thank You 6
  • Love 5

4 hours ago, HereticHick said:

From the public FB of a friend of Mary & Anna's--from earlier in 2023.  So much leg, Steve! Boys with giant Afros! 

Anna.jpg

This is no doubt an insidious plot to strike Stevehovah down in the flower of his youth! How will he ever withstand the shock?

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 10

You know the pants were exciting because that meant a huge change was happening. However, one could easily argue that the pants were just as modest (if not more so) than the skirts. The shorts though!! That is huge!!

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 1

Look at Anna go!  Wearing a sun safe and still modestly covered outfit with a REAL smile.. and seducing no one...

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

Couldn’t be happier for her. And, she has such pretty, toned legs!!!

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

On 1/4/2024 at 1:27 PM, Hane said:

This is no doubt an insidious plot to strike Stevehovah down in the flower of his youth! How will he ever withstand the shock?

Could he even glimpse that picture without bursting into tears due to all the immodesty?

• Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha 7

3 hours ago, kpmom said:

Could he even glimpse that picture without bursting into tears due to all the immodesty?

Possible upside to his upset: He’ll refuse to have Anna return as caregiver for him & Teri if Anna doesn’t marry and/or move away with her own career.  Can’t have an eye-trapping hussy in the house! 

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 2

On 12/28/2023 at 10:00 PM, Bethy said:

She does, and her hair looks so cute in two braids. I got thinking about it...I don't really remember the Maxwell girls wearing their hair in two braids at any point on the blog. I even went back on the Wayback Machine (since they apparently dumped a lot of their hosted photos, so much of the blog has broken links instead of photos) and looked for pics of Mary when the blog started, when she would have been just turning ten, and only saw pictures of hair either hanging down straight or else in a low ponytail. It's hard to say whether that would stem from an ultra-literal reading of I Peter 3:3, or if it's the way the Gothard movement - which the Maxwells seem to be at least tangentially involved with - seeks to dress young girls like middle-aged women while simultaneously treating them like perpetual children on into adulthood (my Gothard-adjacent parents were offended when I wore my hair in two braids in my late teens, and actually ordered me to stop.) In any case, it looks cute and practical for the activity, and I'm glad she has the freedom to do her hair however she likes, and wear clothes that are actually appropriate for the activity. It's a far cry from doing DIY home demolition and climbing 14ers in long skirts, and preparing baked goods that are to be given to the community during caroling with her hair hanging down all over the place!

Mary has braids in this video:

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 6

On 1/4/2024 at 1:27 PM, Hane said:

I think that's a picture taken in my town! Maxwells in my midst and I didn't even know it. How disappointing !

• Haha 9

8 hours ago, Caroline said:

I think that's a picture taken in my town! Maxwells in my midst and I didn't even know it. How disappointing !

Several years ago, Stevehovah and Co. piled into Uriah to do a road show the next town over from me. I regretted that I couldn’t pop in because I had a dress rehearsal for an ungodly musical theater performance (playing a nun, a lesbian, and an indecorous little old lady in “The Producers”). I often wonder what the reaction would have been if I’d strolled in wearing my nun costume.

• Haha 20

I don't think I knew about the Maxwell Family Band.

Didn't Stevehovah forbid one of his sons from playing an instrument because the boy liked it and was good at it? The whole "idol" thing you know,

• Upvote 8

2 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

I don't think I knew about the Maxwell Family Band.

Didn't Stevehovah forbid one of his sons from playing an instrument because the boy liked it and was good at it? The whole "idol" thing you know,

Jesse, with the guitar. 
In the fathership. 
:) 

• Upvote 7

18 hours ago, Caroline said:

I don't know if it is in New England, the Maritime provinces, or a Great Lake, but it certainly isn't West Virginia or Kansas (or Colorado), so I'm glad that Mary got to go on a trip. I wonder if it was for a classmate's wedding?

• Upvote 3

Someone I know from school got married last July and posted the wedding photos on Facebook. They were so much better than Chris's. I'll never forget the time someone commented on a Maxblog post about how they'd signed up to do a photography course at a local community college, and Steve replied saying that she should ditch the course and just self-teach. Being self-taught is good up to a point, but there are some things where you really need an expert to give you advice and constructive criticism. Plus it can be good to be with others who are learning, as we've all got differing backgrounds and experiences. 

Edited by mango_fandango
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 9

Chris isn't very good; hope he's cheap. 

What do the Maxwell sons do for a living? Nathan - ? IT stuff? Christopher - very part-time wedding photographer and ? John - irrigation?  Joseph - IT? Has his own business, right? Jesse - IT? 

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, HereticHick said:

I don't know if it is in New England, the Maritime provinces, or a Great Lake, but it certainly isn't West Virginia or Kansas (or Colorado), so I'm glad that Mary got to go on a trip. I wonder if it was for a classmate's wedding?

I recognized both buildings in the background (the one on  the left, and the one that's harder to see way out on the point of land further away). I'm positive it's a place I know well in my very touristic community in New England. It's hard not to have fun where they were, especially in nice weather. 

• Upvote 5

45 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

Being self-taught is good up to a point, but there are some things where you really need an expert to give you advice and constructive criticism. Plus it can be good to be with others who are learning, as we've all got differing backgrounds and experiences. 

I agree,  but I am not a fundie. “Constructive criticism” is an attack from Satan, “advice” is “wordliness”, and “differing backgrounds and experiences” is clearly both!

You sometimes read about autodidacts who have, for example, taught themselves foreign languages. Even those people who have reached very high levels in reading/writing/comprehending still find it hard to converse with native speakers, at first.  Usually, anyway. 

In maths, there are a couple of genuinely self taught geniuses, like Ramanujan. He “discovered” vast amounts of modern maths, but it had already been discovered. He also discovered some new stuff, and would likely have discovered much more, if he hadn’t died young, and had been taught from an early age. 

Fundies are so  very arrogant and over confident. It’s enraging. I think I remember rightly that you did modern languages? What say you we give a fundie a “teach yourself Hungarian” book and six months, and take bets on whether they reach something reasonable, say B1, in that time? 

Edited by Zebedee
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

I hope the couple like the photos since their opinion is what matters. Because I think they are pretty sub par. 

I like this couple just based on the fact that she’s taller than him and they don’t seem to give a single solitary fuck. Good for them. 

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 2

2 hours ago, Zebedee said:

I agree,  but I am not a fundie. “Constructive criticism” is an attack from Satan, “advice” is “wordliness”, and “differing backgrounds and experiences” is clearly both!

You sometimes read about autodidacts who have, for example, taught themselves foreign languages. Even those people who have reached very high levels in reading/writing/comprehending still find it hard to converse with native speakers, at first.  Usually, anyway. 

In maths, there are a couple of genuinely self taught geniuses, like Ramanujan. He “discovered” vast amounts of modern maths, but it had already been discovered. He also discovered some new stuff, and would likely have discovered much more, if he hadn’t died young, and had been taught from an early age. 

Fundies are so  very arrogant and over confident. It’s enraging. I think I remember rightly that you did modern languages? What say you we give a fundie a “teach yourself Hungarian” book and six months, and take bets on whether they reach something reasonable, say B1, in that time? 

I did do languages, although I’m not an expert. It would really depend on how much time one spends on learning the language. Just using a book probably wouldn’t be enough; one would need a way to listen to the language/practise speaking. Even something basic like Duolingo would be a way of listening to people saying different phrases. There’s probably stuff on YouTube too. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic