IGNORED

Maxwell 58: What Will Anna Do? Plus Anna Marie Gives Birth

Coconut Flan

I will say that I feel bad a lot of Anna’s friends graduated. I hope she has some friends left that didn’t graduate yet. 

• Upvote 7

She’s THERE!!!!!!

She’s at ABC, in a photo with a cute young freshman-looking girl!!!

My heart leapt in sincere joy to see!!!!!!!

Edited by MamaJunebug
  • Upvote 14
  • I Agree 8
  • Thank You 2

Yay, Anna! Here’s hoping she graduates next spring and moves on to an independent life.

it’s a small school, so everyone likely knows everyone else. I went to a small college, and there’s a familial feeling even if you only know someone by sight. I can see Anna taking on a mentoring role for some of the younger students. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 10

Oh good!  Anna went back!  I've never been so happy to be wrong.  I doubt Steve is happy about it but who cares?

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

Very glad Anna is back at school. 

It seemed like such a waste for her to go so far and then dropout because her sister left.  

• Upvote 14

16 minutes ago, marmalade said:

Surprised, but happy Anna is back at school. I wonder if Mary is finishing online?

Probably. But I bet she will go back for graduation so she and Anna can graduate together. Hopefully Mary and Sam can find some time to go visit Anna and see some old friends at ABC at some point. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 2

I'm so relieved. The thought of Anna getting hoovered back into her parents' depressing life was too awful to contemplate. I hope she either finds the right guy (if that is what she wants right now) or a too-amazing-to-pass-up internship opportunity after graduation that will keep her out of the fathership. (Living on her own for a few years wouldn't be so bad if she wasn't a Maxwell...but I don't know how much support she would get from family vs pressure to move back into her parents' house and be their caretaker.)

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 2

Anna seems outdoorsy and likes kids. I just imagine her running a Christian camp or something like that. I hope she can find a job she likes that isn’t close to Leavenworth. 

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 2

I am so thrilled Anna is back at ABC.  The thought of her moving back into the Fathership was making me ill.  Fuck you Steve.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 3

I could see Anna being hired by the school as a resident counselor or for their “camping ministry.” She might also get a job as a youth counselor at a church. All of those would be more fulfilling and give her a larger social circle than living surrounded by Maxwells. They might also give her the opportunity to meet godly young men. 

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 1

16 hours ago, Bethy said:

The thought of Anna getting hoovered back into her parents' depressing life was too awful to contemplate. 

I honestly wouldn't be surprised to hear that she wasn't allowed to return home. Steve is very prideful and could easily be the guy who says "if you leave for college, you can't come back here." Not that she would want to. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

A young lady from Anna and Mary and Sam's church (Church of the Open Door) in Leavenworth has also started at ABC. Anna and Mary commented on her arrival.

image.thumb.png.34afd304160caad086e1daf20a38335b.png

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 4

3 hours ago, HereticHick said:

A young lady from Anna and Mary and Sam's church (Church of the Open Door) in Leavenworth has also started at ABC. Anna and Mary commented on her arrival.

image.thumb.png.34afd304160caad086e1daf20a38335b.png

Oh god I bet all the young fundies ladies are jealous her name is Elizabeth Elliott (so close to THE Elisabeth Elliot). 

• Upvote 8

On 8/29/2023 at 1:00 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

She’s been spotted! 

108BDBF7-7C9C-4C07-8F0E-487AF0589A0C.jpeg

This makes me almost unreasonably happy. May she never move back to Kansas.

8 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Anna and Mary commented on her arrival.

And Mary encouraged her to "Have soo much fun!" Steve has lost her.

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 10
  • I Agree 9

9 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Mary and Sam commented on Anna's picture too.  Mary said "Yes!!! There she is!"  I gotta say, it took a lot of courage for Anna to go back on her own.  Steve must be having a fit.  His kid is alone in another state with no accountability partner, no one to watch her internet usage, and she's probably going to go to sporting events.  This is hilarious.  

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

OH, ABC has dangerous amounts of fun!! If I had to choose between the Bates' Crown College of the Bible and ABC, and I'd go with ABC in a heartbeat.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 11

17 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

OH, ABC has dangerous amounts of fun!! If I had to choose between the Bates' Crown College of the Bible and ABC, and I'd go with ABC in a heartbeat.

100%. And it’s not just that they allow pants. They have way more fun. The tons of outdoor activities make me a little jealous. 

• Upvote 14

Also, isn’t abc actually accredited while crown is not? A degree from crown is essentially useless. While abc may have some crazy strict rules that diploma can open doors for you. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 2

18 hours ago, theologygeek said:

Mary and Sam commented on Anna's picture too.  Mary said "Yes!!! There she is!"  I gotta say, it took a lot of courage for Anna to go back on her own.  Steve must be having a fit.  His kid is alone in another state with no accountability partner, no one to watch her internet usage, and she's probably going to go to sporting events.  This is hilarious.  

When I read that comment my first thought was they weren't sure where Anna was because she had simply disappeared. Like, Steve forbade her to return to WVA so Anna left during the night and caught the first Greyhound bus heading east. Mary and Sam were hoping but not sure that Anna had headed back to ABC and they were relieved to see her photo.

My imagination does run away with me at times.

Edited by Black Aliss
  • Upvote 9
  • Love 5

• Coconut Flan changed the title to Maxwell 58: What Will Anna Do? Plus Anna Marie Gives Birth
  • Coconut Flan locked this topic