IGNORED

M is for Mama 16

Coconut Flan

In the last month, 2 mommy bloggers that I occasionally check in on have announced that they have pulled their kids out of school and are virtual or homeschooling. I swear it’s so they can have those kids available for greater content po$$ibliitie$ and opportunitie$. 

• Upvote 6
  • Disgust 1
  • Sad 6
  • I Agree 1

37 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

In the last month, 2 mommy bloggers that I occasionally check in on have announced that they have pulled their kids out of school and are virtual or homeschooling. I swear it’s so they can have those kids available for greater content po$$ibliitie$ and opportunitie$. 

I agree. Child actors usually can’t go to regular school either. They have to be tutored or homeschooled because they are working. I just think it’s fucked up to make children work like that. We worked so hard to get kids away from working in factories, mines, etc. Yet here we are again. Making kids work to support their families via YouTube. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 14

Isn't it about time for Braggie to be starting up her better than anyone else's home school?  Shouldn't she be pushing all her "rad" back-to-school plans?

• Upvote 11

9 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Isn't it about time for Braggie to be starting up her better than anyone else's home school?  Shouldn't she be pushing all her "rad" back-to-school plans?

Is this Ezra’s senior year? There will be so much bragging. He will be the smartest most gifted child. And that’s why he doesn’t need to go to college. He’s too smart for college. He can just learn everything he needs to know from dad 🙄

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 1
  • Eyeroll 4

She’s already being divisive. Pitting mothers who homeschool and mothers who send their kids to school. But what’s funny is that Braggie barely homeschools her kids. She pays her mom to homeschool and they are part of a co op. So try not to pat yourself on the back too hard Braggie. You look more like me (a mom who sends my kids to public school) than a lot of homeschool moms. And actually my life gets way busier and crazier when the kids are in school. It’s not like I’m suddenly on easy street because school is starting up again. 

643FDD67-F1F5-4B9C-8B01-580C3C927239.jpeg

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Eyeroll 14
  • WTF 3

@JermajestyDuggar  It is 100% sad that Ezra will (most likely) not be allowed to attend college.

He will be stuck at home as BroDad. Supposedly being"educated " by Shawn, which won't happen. Probably Braggie will have him graduate at the end of 2023, because he's so so smart. She can prove all her smartness that allowed her to graduate early is heriditary.

Oh and Braggie ..... God did not chose you to homeschool. You did that your own self.  You chose to homeschool.  It was your choice. There was no divine intervention.

AND if it is God who chose homeschool as the choice for you, They also chose public school for those other mothers.

See how that works  :GPn0zNK:

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 9

Thinking back to when my kids went off to school every fall -- I don't ever remember drinking a mimosa much less having someone with me to clink a glass.  Most of us either head off to jobs or else grind on with the grocery runs, mountains of laundry, and cleaning before the kids get back home.  Braggie has no clue how most of the world manages.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 13

21 minutes ago, Xan said:

Thinking back to when my kids went off to school every fall -- I don't ever remember drinking a mimosa much less having someone with me to clink a glass.  Most of us either head off to jobs or else grind on with the grocery runs, mountains of laundry, and cleaning before the kids get back home.  Braggie has no clue how most of the world manages.

How many mothers have parents that basically provide daycare, tutoring and housecleaning for their families? How many mothers would do that for their mostly unemployed daughter, even for a fee? Why is Abbie’s life and time more important than her mother’s? Abbie chose her path and she needs to learn to navigate that path without relying on others, particularly her aging mother. I don’t want to hear Abbie brag or listen to her preen about how great she is when she does very little of the actual work involved.

Walk the talk or STHU!

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 5

32 minutes ago, Xan said:

Summer was fairly relaxing compared to the school year. I did not have to wake up grumpy boys so they could get to school in time. During the summer they can wake up whenever they want! During the school year, I have to make sure they get dressed, eat breakfast, have their lunch and backpack, brush their hair and teeth, and get off to school on time. When they are home, I have to help with homework, drive them to their after school activities, make sure they shower, make dinner, pack lunches, and get them to bed at a decent time. Along with remembering all the million things you have to remember when you have more than one kid in school. So I’m not drinking a mimosa. I’m much busier now that the kids are back in school. Just like homeschooling moms. It’s not a fucking competition.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 13
  • I Agree 6

Ezra already graduated. He was a week from turning 17, so Abbie was able to say he graduated at 16. She said he's going to do the coding bootcamp and then start working for Shaun in the Spring-ish.

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 2
  • Eyeroll 10
  • Thank You 1

NO ONE (yes, I am screeching) can convenience me that most fundamentalist are homeschooling because they enjoy the task involved. These mothers (maybe some fathers) are keeping their kids at home because a school (or many schools) schedule(s) are too much to manage when you have double digit numbers of children. It’s that simple. The Duggars and Bates could have never met the school requirements for 19 children in various schools plus activities. There just would not be enough hours in the day. The same goes for Abbie. She only “schools” her kids in the areas that she deems important. Much like she only does the mothering and household tasks that give HER a dopamine rush. As an example, wallpapering her appliances as opposed to washing and combing her hair with a brush.

Most of these families are homeschooling as a default because their family size prevents them from using brick and mortar schools. 

And I’m sure in most of these households, chores and butt wiping is given priority over any book or hands on learning.

How come the Duggars, Bates or Abbie don’t garden?

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 12

27 minutes ago, theotherelise said:

She said he's going to do the coding bootcamp and then start working for Shaun in the Spring-ish.

I do not believe this. Any of it.  I firmly believe Ezra will be a full time parent to his siblings. Giving Shaun even more time not to parent his children.

Ezra will not work for Shaun. Ezra will work for Braggie. Just as her mother does. The difference being Braggie won't pay Ezra. Anything. At. All. 

Bragige will have more time to wallpaper appliances and hunt for rad Anthro sales on line.

Edited by Red Hair, Black Dress
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

It’s amazing how many fundie quiverful mothers delude themselves into thinking they have prepared their sons to be the main breadwinner for large families starting at a young age without any college or skill. Zoo’s plans for her boys did not go exactly as planned. Although Sol has bought his own home. And then Tim Rod dropped out of 2 colleges and hasn’t found a stable job yet although he bought a poorly flipped home. They all have these huge dreams for their perfect sons yet they never measure up. I’m sure this will happen with Braggie’s sons. 

• Upvote 12

Shaun and Abbie are financially secure because they came from small, 2 child families and they both have college degrees. Her kids have none of those attributes going for them. Abbie is just jumping on the current bandwagon that college is a waste of money because no one ever uses it IRL. Funny, both Abbie and Shaun have used their degrees to make money. Also, Shaun’s brother is a DDS, so he clearly uses his degreeS to make a living. {and to provide the H’s with low cost dental care for their huge family}. I am sure Abbie’s brother is equally educated and thus able to support his 4 child family.

• Upvote 18

21 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I agree. Child actors usually can’t go to regular school either. They have to be tutored or homeschooled because they are working. I just think it’s fucked up to make children work like that. We worked so hard to get kids away from working in factories, mines, etc. Yet here we are again. Making kids work to support their families via YouTube. 

And there is a new push to get kids BACK into dangerous work. By Republicans. The polarization grates at me, yet there should be some cut and dry evil/not-evil things that we can all agree on.

• Upvote 8
  • Sad 3
  • I Agree 2

35 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Shaun and Abbie are financially secure because they came from small, 2 child families and they both have college degrees. Her kids have none of those attributes going for them. Abbie is just jumping on the current bandwagon that college is a waste of money because no one ever uses it IRL. Funny, both Abbie and Shaun have used their degrees to make money. Also, Shaun’s brother is a DDS, so he clearly uses his degreeS to make a living. {and to provide the H’s with low cost dental care for their huge family}. I am sure Abbie’s brother is equally educated and thus able to support his 4 child family.

None of Braggie’s kids will be babysat or homeschooled by Braggie. None of them will have their college paid for by Braggie and Shaun. I doubt any of them will be allowed to move their spouse and young children into Braggie’s house. Remember when Braggie lived with her parents rent free when she had 3 young kids? And she got an entire floor of their house. Her kids will never have that privilege. She refuses to give her adult kids all the privileges and help she was given. 

9 minutes ago, FilleMondaine said:

And there is a new push to get kids BACK into dangerous work. By Republicans. The polarization grates at me, yet there should be some cut and dry evil/not-evil things that we can all agree on.

You know what issue you would think is bipartisan and everyone can agree on? Child marriage. Yet republicans are always the ones against raising the age of marriage in each state to 18. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a democrat speaking against raising the marriage age to 18. It’s usually religious republicans that push for it to stay under 18. And they pretend like they are the party trying to protect children. Funny.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 3

I am peeved and insulted that grifters like the Duggars, Bates and Abbie feel the need to sanctimoniously tell the rest of society how we should live our lives. They clearly get their feathers ruffled when others push back or tell them to mind their own business.

Until you’ve actually done what you direct others to do, you likely should just be quiet. 

• Upvote 15

23 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Summer was fairly relaxing compared to the school year. I did not have to wake up grumpy boys so they could get to school in time. During the summer they can wake up whenever they want! During the school year, I have to make sure they get dressed, eat breakfast, have their lunch and backpack, brush their hair and teeth, and get off to school on time. When they are home, I have to help with homework, drive them to their after school activities, make sure they shower, make dinner, pack lunches, and get them to bed at a decent time. Along with remembering all the million things you have to remember when you have more than one kid in school. So I’m not drinking a mimosa. I’m much busier now that the kids are back in school. Just like homeschooling moms. It’s not a fucking competition.

My son doesn't go back to school for another couple weeks and I'm counting down the days with some dread. Summer is so much easier. No grumpy kids in the morning. No rushing to get to school on time. No homework. No making sure his uniforms are clean and his shirts ironed. No handwashing out his lunch box every day. No need to worry about earlier bedtimes, etc. I love summer with my kids. It's so free and easy. 

My 4 year old daughter is going to be starting a half day preschool program three days a week this September. So one part of me is a little excited that I may have a tiny bit more time to myself. But in reality, that time is going to get eaten up by errands and housework. My great hope is at least I can maybe get myself more organized. Abbie is ridiculous and has no idea what life is like for non homeschooling parents nor does she really want to know. 

• Upvote 13

1 hour ago, Baxter said:

My 4 year old daughter is going to be starting a half day preschool program three days a week this September. So one part of me is a little excited that I may have a tiny bit more time to myself. But in reality, that time is going to get eaten up by errands and housework. My great hope is at least I can maybe get myself more organized. Abbie is ridiculous and has no idea what life is like for non homeschooling parents nor does she really want to know. 

Exactly. Every so often I think of the day that all my kids are in school at least part of the day and think maybe... But then realize that no, I'll just going to be doing all the laundry, dishes, and dinner prep then instead of during the naptimes they'll have ditched.

• Upvote 7

23 minutes ago, NotQuiteMotY said:

Exactly. Every so often I think of the day that all my kids are in school at least part of the day and think maybe... But then realize that no, I'll just going to be doing all the laundry, dishes, and dinner prep then instead of during the naptimes they'll have ditched.

Some people are like, “what do you do all day when your kids are at school?” I guess they don’t realize that’s kind of a rude question, lol. But yeah, I have plenty to do. Especially since I’m usually at my children’s school twice a week volunteering. But I’m also getting groceries, clothes shopping, washing dishes, cleaning the house, doing yard work and whatever else while they are at school. I always have something to do!

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Some people are like, “what do you do all day when your kids are at school?” I guess they don’t realize that’s kind of a rude question, lol. But yeah, I have plenty to do. Especially since I’m usually at my children’s school twice a week volunteering. But I’m also getting groceries, clothes shopping, washing dishes, cleaning the house, doing yard work and whatever else while they are at school. I always have something to do!

As a retired empty nester I can attest to there always being something to do. I just generally avoid doing it. I know parents can NOT avoid doing much. 😀

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 11
  • I Agree 5

The idea that other moms are all of a sudden liberated or brunch with mimosas when their kids go back to school is a myth of homeschooling families. 

I think it’s kind of transference to be honest - because homeschool moms imagine how easier it might be to send kids off and not be in the role of teacher. 

Having done both, they are just different more than anything. Getting kids to and from school, monitoring homework, etc require involvement at times/ways homeschool families don’t have. They do schoolwork at home and have relaxed start times.

Her post where she tried to say that she writes to all women made me lol. Imagine being an unmarried woman,  no kids , or single following her page. 

• Upvote 11

17 minutes ago, neuroticcat said:

The idea that other moms are all of a sudden liberated or brunch with mimosas when their kids go back to school is a myth of homeschooling families. 

I think it’s kind of transference to be honest - because homeschool moms imagine how easier it might be to send kids off and not be in the role of teacher. 

Having done both, they are just different more than anything. Getting kids to and from school, monitoring homework, etc require involvement at times/ways homeschool families don’t have. They do schoolwork at home and have relaxed start times.

Her post where she tried to say that she writes to all women made me lol. Imagine being an unmarried woman,  no kids , or single following her page. 

I’m way more stressed out during the school year because I worry about forgetting all the stuff the schools send home reminders for. I could name them all but if you have kids in school, you know what I’m talking about. I set so many reminders on my phone so I won’t forget this event, that practice, this project that’s due, this spirit week, etc.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4

9 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m way more stressed out during the school year because I worry about forgetting all the stuff the schools send home reminders for. I could name them all but if you have kids in school, you know what I’m talking about. I set so many reminders on my phone so I won’t forget this event, that practice, this project that’s due, this spirit week, etc.

One time I had a teacher mention that I always return papers, permission slips, fees the very next day. I told her, if I didn’t do it on day 1 it would be lost and/or never get done.

Also- Abbie doesn’t homeschool her kids. Her mother and the co-op do the educating.

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

Just now, SassyPants said:

One time I had a teacher mention that I always return papers, permission slips, fees the very next day. I told her, if I didn’t do it on day 1 it would be lost and/or never get done.

I’m the same way! If I don’t do it right away, I know I’ll forget! 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic