IGNORED

M is for Mama 16

Coconut Flan

I have to say this, Shaun and Abbie spend a lot of time eating and their meals are huge. I am always amazed at the amount of food people order in restaurants. I never order meals thinking of leftovers. Now when I cook at home, I usually cook bigger because it’s easier. It’s hard to make soup for 2 as an example. But in a restaurant? 2 appetizers, main dishes and desserts seem excessive. And then she bitches because she can’t lose weight.

• Upvote 6

1 minute ago, SassyPants said:

I have to say this, Shaun and Abbie spend a lot of time eating and their meals are huge. I am always amazed at the amount of food people order in restaurants. I never order meals thinking of leftovers. Now when I cook at home, I usually cook bigger because it’s easier. It’s hard to make soup for 2 as an example. But in a restaurant? 2 appetizers, main dishes and desserts seem excessive. And then she bitches because she can’t lose weight.

She probably uses the leftovers as "payment" to whichever children are parenting while Braggie & Shaun are out. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

I assume she brings home leftovers and eats them later. Or ends up throwing them out. Or they eat all of it. Some people just eat a lot and are average sized. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 2

19 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I posted on the Jill thread about how bears were treated in stat parks in the first half of the 20th century. They would have a bear feeding area that was extremely popular with tourists. The bears would come each day to be fed by the park and the people would just sit there and watch. The bears got more and more used to being fed by people that they came to expect it. Which of course led to bear attacks. It took people being killed for them to actually stop doing reckless things like feeding wild bears.

See also the life and death of Timothy Treadwell: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timothy_Treadwell

Edited by MariaariaM
Double post
  • Upvote 2

On 10/7/2023 at 12:17 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I don’t even let my kids near deer. I worked in a restaurant of a state park when I was in college. People loved to feed the deer. There were tons of deer all over that state park. But the deer knew people would feed them at the lodge. I would walk out to my car in the parking lot and the deer would walk up to me expecting food. I never gave them any and never touched them. I know deer are not known for attacking. But I see them like horses. You spook them or freak them out and you can get kicked very quickly. So leave them alone. 

When I was a teenager, I worked in a petting zoo that had a large, enclosed area with deer that people could feed.  Trust me, you do NOT want to come between a pissed off hungry deer and their food.  I had more than one hoofprint left on my arm for a couple of hours.  And young bucks can swing those antlers HARD. 

• Upvote 5

• Coconut Flan locked this topic