IGNORED

M is for Mama 16

Coconut Flan

30 minutes ago, theotherelise said:

Abbie is pissy that the audio book publisher won’t let Shaun read his portion of the new book. They said processing two different voices is too complicated for their process. Abbie doesn’t seem to believe it and says the studio would be okay with it and she doesn’t understand how it would be more work because it’s the same amount of content. I’ve never done audio mixing and even I can envision many reasons why it would be more work. One person reading will have similar levels and touch up filters and things throughout. A different voice seems like it would require and entirely new setup. 

but also, it doesn’t really matter if it would be more work or now. The audio book publisher owns this and Abbie thought she could just get her way with what she wanted because she expects everyone to cater to her. The publisher didn’t even have to get her to read it. Throwing a fit online about it shows how entitled and ungrateful she is. 

When Gandhi wrote about Christians being nothing like their Christ, he was referring to people like Abbie. Insufferable is what she is. The world revolving around her, at least in her own mind.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, theotherelise said:

Abbie is pissy that the audio book publisher won’t let Shaun read his portion of the new book. They said processing two different voices is too complicated for their process. Abbie doesn’t seem to believe it and says the studio would be okay with it and she doesn’t understand how it would be more work because it’s the same amount of content. I’ve never done audio mixing and even I can envision many reasons why it would be more work. One person reading will have similar levels and touch up filters and things throughout. A different voice seems like it would require and entirely new setup. 

but also, it doesn’t really matter if it would be more work or now. The audio book publisher owns this and Abbie thought she could just get her way with what she wanted because she expects everyone to cater to her. The publisher didn’t even have to get her to read it. Throwing a fit online about it shows how entitled and ungrateful she is. 

In other words someone has informed her she’s not in-demand enough for them to spend extra money on her and now she’s being treated unfairly. 🙄

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 3

3 hours ago, theotherelise said:

I try to avoid audiobooks that are read by the author, unless they're also a professional speaker/actor or something. Voice work isn't easy, and I've come across too many books read by the author that are annoying to listen to. (IMO)

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 7

17 minutes ago, MomKB said:

I try to avoid audiobooks that are read by the author, unless they're also a professional speaker/actor or something. Voice work isn't easy, and I've come across too many books read by the author that are annoying to listen to. (IMO)

One good one was Jeanette McCurdy’s. I’m glad she read hers. It wouldn’t have been the same if someone else read it. Braggie will sound awful on an audiobook.

• Upvote 7

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I listen to a lot of audio books and it’s very rare for two people to voice a book. But Braggie thinks she is entitled to an exception. She deserves what no one else gets. Because she’s Queen Braggie. 

I've noticed Braggie's a big fan of "rules for thee but not for me" because she's got all those children or whatever. "Sure the publisher has their policies they've implemented with thousands of authors, but I'm the smartest woman ever to raise 10 children, of course they'll make an exception." Then shock and disappointment to get a reminder that she's not nearly as special and important as she thinks she is.

I listen to a lot of audiobooks as well and never thought about it but you're right @JermajestyDuggar, most of the audiobooks are read by one person and usually not the author. I've also listened so some audiobooks read by the author and thought "this would be a lot more interesting if someone else was narrating." A detective's career can be full of great stories but the stories lose impact when they're being read in monotone from someone who isn't interested in the subject material (probably because he already lived it and then wrote about it). 

I'm also going to take this opportunity to recommend everyone listen to Randy Rainbow's Playing With Myself. He reads his own life story in a fun way, and in the chapter where he has a Q and A with his mother, he reads his words and she reads hers. It's just a delightful book to listen to. 

• Upvote 4

Rachel Held Evans' posthumously published final book "Wholehearted Faith" was read by a host of people who loved her. It was very cool and emotional. But that was a very particular case.

On recommendation of someone here on FJ, I listened to "Unspeakable: Surviving my Childhood and Finding my Voice" by Jessica Willis Fisher. She read it and even had some sections of lyrics that she sang. I'm so glad I listened to it that way.

But on the whole, I do prefer professional readers.  

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

Abbie has a horrible speaking voice. She always sounds halted when she talks. I can’t imagine her narrating a book.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

In her stories today, she says that Shaun read his part anyway, even though the publisher hadn't agreed. I'll try to post the screenshot.

Screen Shot 2023-07-14 at 11.54.41 AM.png

• Eyeroll 15
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 3
  • Thank You 2

46 minutes ago, MomKB said:

In her stories today, she says that Shaun read his part anyway, even though the publisher hadn't agreed. I'll try to post the screenshot.

Screen Shot 2023-07-14 at 11.54.41 AM.png

Maybe they will hear Braggie’s horrible voice and realize it’s better for him to read his part. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 8

Braggie is such a horrible human being. If someone were to blog about her like she writes about Shiloh she’d sue them for defamation.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

The bitchy, floating head of judgement has spoken

Screenshot_20230715-1511372.png.84a257255352b2fc997c417ba27071a8.png

Spoiler

Screenshot_20230714-2004532.png.dd6eaf68544086f6b197aa2a63a8632d.pngScreenshot_20230714-2006092.png.886a6aa4bb9f6308341e837dad817a58.png

Of course she likes focus on the family. No surprise there. I just pray to her non-existent God that all her kids are straight as arrows. 

Abbie's snarky remarks make this awful clip even worse. She's upset that people use the term fetus instead of baby or chest feeding instead of breastfeeding. Who gives a shit? What does it take away from her? She can call it whatever she wants and leave others to do the same. And just an FYI for Abigail, fetus is, in fact, the term used for an unborn baby. 

• Upvote 7

34 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

Hide contents

Screenshot_20230714-2004532.png.dd6eaf68544086f6b197aa2a63a8632d.pngScreenshot_20230714-2006092.png.886a6aa4bb9f6308341e837dad817a58.png

Of course she likes focus on the family. No surprise there. I just pray to her non-existent God that all her kids are straight as arrows. 

Abbie's snarky remarks make this awful clip even worse. She's upset that people use the term fetus instead of baby or chest feeding instead of breastfeeding. Who gives a shit? What does it take away from her? She can call it whatever she wants and leave others to do the same. And just an FYI for Abigail, fetus is, in fact, the term used for an unborn baby. 

I bet she wouldn’t be mad if a couple was calling their unborn fetus a little bean because that’s what it looked like on an ultrasound. Because calling it a little bean is cute while calling it a fetus is proper terminology. She probably also doesn’t use the words penis, vulva, or vagina when talking to her kids about bodies. Can’t educate your children properly in fundieland! They must be shielded from the proper terms. Because Satan.

• Upvote 6

41 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

Hide contents

Correct. AH, the oh so smart and educated mother, should acknowledge that biologically speaking a fetus is NOT a baby. Use the correct terms or STHU.

• Upvote 7

In a surprise-to-no-one, Abbie's stories today are full of her stirring the pot and casting shade at "therapy." 

I guess in earlier stories she had said she'd never been to therapy but talked to friends/family for counsel and then some licensed therapists kindly messaged her (she posted a bunch of screenshots, so in at least the ones she posted people were being very kind) saying this might shame or discourage people from therapy.

So she had many stories today justifying herself with prooftexted Bible verses and then sharing a few select "here's an alternate perspective" posts, but she still obviously thinks therapy is optional or for the people who don't have enough Bible, and then at the end posted some passive aggressive jokey-attempts that indicate she probably got a ton of pushback in her DMs. 

The whole ridiculous thing about it is that she would likely be well served by therapy, and her family would benefit, and she could even go to a Christian therapist or any licensed therapist because they usually respect peoples' faith traditions in their therapy. I don't wish for her that it will all implode - I do wish that she'd get to therapy first - but so often the case for people who really do think everyone who ends up in therapy just doesn't have enough faith (even though they know better than to say that directly) is that they end up with everything imploding and that's what finally gets them to therapy.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 6

6 hours ago, neuroticcat said:

In a surprise-to-no-one, Abbie's stories today are full of her stirring the pot and casting shade at "therapy." 

I guess in earlier stories she had said she'd never been to therapy but talked to friends/family for counsel and then some licensed therapists kindly messaged her (she posted a bunch of screenshots, so in at least the ones she posted people were being very kind) saying this might shame or discourage people from therapy.

So she had many stories today justifying herself with prooftexted Bible verses and then sharing a few select "here's an alternate perspective" posts, but she still obviously thinks therapy is optional or for the people who don't have enough Bible, and then at the end posted some passive aggressive jokey-attempts that indicate she probably got a ton of pushback in her DMs. 

The whole ridiculous thing about it is that she would likely be well served by therapy, and her family would benefit, and she could even go to a Christian therapist or any licensed therapist because they usually respect peoples' faith traditions in their therapy. I don't wish for her that it will all implode - I do wish that she'd get to therapy first - but so often the case for people who really do think everyone who ends up in therapy just doesn't have enough faith (even though they know better than to say that directly) is that they end up with everything imploding and that's what finally gets them to therapy.

I’ve said for years she needs therapy for her trich. But she refuses. And she seems proud of the fact that she refuses to see anyone for her trich. She doesn’t realize or care about how much it can affect her children. 

• Upvote 8

I just have nothing positive to say about Abbie and her approach. If I was searching for a healthy, maternal role model or inspirational Christian, Abbie would not be that person.

I wish someone close to her would clue her in-

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 6

Someone should post about Abbie just like she posts about Shiloh. Wonder how would she react.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 12

The thing I’m probably most proud of in my life is getting help for my mental illnesses and working on my mental health through therapy. I didn’t have access during the times I needed it most, but now I am able to make it a priority. And being open about that has encouraged many others in my family to seek help through therapy now as well. 

I could have really benefited from that as a child with OCD and panic attacks and depression. Keeping your kids off (their own, self-led) social media and in a little Christian homeschool bubble does not inoculate them from mental health struggles, trust me! But having people tell you the Bible is sufficient will definitely make it worse. 

it’s interesting but not surprising that she’s pretending that she didn’t paint therapy in a negative light and only for people who don’t have enough Jesus friends. Now she’s just lining up straw men and red herrings to supposedly show how other people are so quick to jump to conclusions and make assumptions online. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 9

She's basically saying that people wouldn't need therapy if the church would step up, especially older church members to mentor the younger ones. I call BS on that. Church is what caused a lot of my trauma and anxiety, which I'm finally just starting to break through with a SECULAR PROFESSIONAL therapist (and meds) at the age of 46. And by the way I still believe in Jesus; I'm sure she would say I'm not the RIght Kind Of Christian.

Love how she puts "mental health" in quotes. /sarcasm

Screenshots, sorry I haven't figured out spoilers yet...

Screen Shot 2023-07-16 at 1.11.05 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-07-16 at 1.10.56 PM.png

Spoiler

Screen Shot 2023-07-16 at 1.08.22 PM.png

Edited by hoipolloi
Put image behind spoiler
  • Upvote 4
  • WTF 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

Maybe she needs to realize that our government needs to step up, not the church. The government shouldn’t make mental health care so expensive and hard to get. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 7

Jenny Flanders picked up her 3 kids from a youth conference in Colorado. Guess who she gave a ride to? Ezra and Simon. Braggie has so much help. I hope she at least offered to give Jenny some gas money or something. If someone drove my kids home from another state, I would feel indebted. But I’m sure Braggie just feels entitled. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 6

What stood out to me in that long winded judgmental rant was “(I) am so glad for the way god wired our brains for healing”. Really? Really! ‘Cause god must have made a mistake with my brain. I’ve been battling depression since I was a teenager, so 20+ years. My brain has never “healed” despite growing up in the church and being a Christian into my 30’s. I function now because of meds and therapy which I will be doing for the rest of my life because my brain just can’t heal itself. Nothing gets under my skin like people who spout off about mental health without understanding the complexity of it. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 11

9 minutes ago, LooseMoose said:

What stood out to me in that long winded judgmental rant was “(I) am so glad for the way god wired our brains for healing”. Really? Really! ‘Cause god must have made a mistake with my brain. I’ve been battling depression since I was a teenager, so 20+ years. My brain has never “healed” despite growing up in the church and being a Christian into my 30’s. I function now because of meds and therapy which I will be doing for the rest of my life because my brain just can’t heal itself. Nothing gets under my skin like people who spout off about mental health without understanding the complexity of it. 

I wish my brain would heal my anxiety. But that’s just not going to happen. I’ve come to terms with it. Of course I take medication and I’ve been to lots of therapy. It’s better than in the past. But it’s never going to be “healed.” That’s hard for a lot of people to come to terms with when diagnosed with anxiety or depression. Because it could be lifelong. I just look at it like diabetes or asthma. It’s a lifelong thing I will always deal with. 

• I Agree 4
  • Love 12

Duh, lady. We all know you use and abuse your parents,  and your home and children wouldn’t survive without their help. 

IMG_0567.png

• Upvote 6

• Coconut Flan locked this topic