IGNORED

M is for Mama 16

Coconut Flan

33 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Duh, lady. We all know you use and abuse your parents,  and your home and children wouldn’t survive without their help. 

IMG_0567.png

I can wait until her oldest is 40. Then we will see how many of her adult kids even text her regularly. I’m sure only a few will be communicating regularly. The rest will have lives of their own and won’t pay much attention to their mother’s extreme narcissism. 

• Upvote 11

I am beyond sick of that fundie phrase "pouring in".  

Screenshot(14864).png.1b531551a88a5e1e6875fbeb3709caf3.png

You raise your children.  You give them your time and attention.  They are NOT empty vessels that you fill up with your own beliefs and opinions.

And if I was Braggie's mother, I'd move far away.  She didn't sign on to help raise ten more kids.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 7

7 hours ago, Xan said:

I am beyond sick of that fundie phrase "pouring in".  

Screenshot(14864).png.1b531551a88a5e1e6875fbeb3709caf3.png

You raise your children.  You give them your time and attention.  They are NOT empty vessels that you fill up with your own beliefs and opinions.

And if I was Braggie's mother, I'd move far away.  She didn't sign on to help raise ten more kids.

I figure her mom is just as much a part of it as Braggie. Her daughter is living the life she wanted. And now she has no other choice but help with the shit show she helped create. 

• Upvote 4

I don't think I've ever seen a proper picture of her before: is Abbie the one with the toddler on her hip or that her mom and she's the one in the back left?

• Upvote 2

The back left is oldest daughter.  Go to Abbie's "M is for Mama" Instagram page.  It's public and there are tons of pics of herself.

Edited by Xan

• 2 weeks later...

She made a post yesterday "things that are controversial in 2023 (but shouldn't be)".
With things like "only women (aka: females) can be mothers. no dictionary tweak can change that" and "women who have more than one or two children are not "breeders" they are mothers" (i've never heard anyone use the term breeder for anyone other than fundamentalists who loudly proclaim that they are having as many children as possible. Which imho does make them breeders. I've never heard 'normal' people use it for other normal people who have more than 2 children.)

And some others things that make it clear that she believes EVERYONE should follow her religion and that that shouldn't be controversial. Whereas if I were to say that everyone should have my beliefs she'd cry persecution. (But since they can't critically think if their life depended on it, I'm not surprised she doesn't see the hypocracy that's internal to all fundamentalist belief systems.) 

I just absolutely can't with fundamentalists anymore. The world would be a better place without institutionalized patriarchal religions and fundamentalists. And I'm done with letting them live their religion 'in peace', because there's absolutely nothing peaceful about them and their beliefs. 

If you need the threat of a spiteful god and hell to behave, you're an awful person. It's not the world around you that's wrong, it's you and your awful beliefs. 

Fundamentalists need to fuck all the way off. I hope the aliens take them and keep them.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 10

6 hours ago, Marly said:

With things like "only women (aka: females) can be mothers. no dictionary tweak can change that" and "women who have more than one or two children are not "breeders" they are mothers" (i've never heard anyone use the term breeder for anyone other than fundamentalists who loudly proclaim that they are having as many children as possible. Which imho does make them breeders. I've never heard 'normal' people use it for other normal people who have more than 2 

Breeders? Like the awesome 90s band, The Breeders?

Kim Deal 4 Ever!

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

I think sometimes when things are slow influencers just send out inflammatory posts to preach to the choir. I really don't get it, b/c if people don't agree with you, this kind of post won't change anything. And if they do agree with you, well, why post it? I think some of it is just influencer culture and some of it is the evangelical compulsion that it does something to simply "take a stand" or whatever. 

Looks like some of the older kids had ballroom dancing lessons. 

We are not dancers over here, so I don't know dance culture, but is sibling partnering a normal piece of it? 

• Upvote 2

For ballroom dancing competitions, for sure.  

• Upvote 2

Omg of course pretentious Braggie makes her kids take ballroom dancing lessons. I have no problem with boys or girls taking dancing lessons. But Braggie is such a performative snob that I bet she’s pushing her kids to do it. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I bet she’s pushing forcing her kids to do it.

FIFY

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

Abbie is so patterned to either vilify or “both sides” that in re: to a question about if people sometimes idolize natural birth, she said yes, but people also idolize medicated hospital birth. 

I’m all for unmedicated or medicated or scheduled or whatever is safe for both mom and baby. But i think it’s pretty clear that only one of those types of births has a zealous and self righteous fan club. Certainly not everyone who chooses no meds (I initially started with this plan!) is weird about it. But no one who got an epidural is out here saying it’s spiritual or the only right choice or the way God designed it or something. When women talk about how great epidurals are, they’re usually trying to destigmatize and let other women know they’re not selfish for going that route. 

but to Abbie, she is always on the right side of things in her mind and even admitting that some in her camp are out of line is too far to go without adding a both sides. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

4 hours ago, theotherelise said:

Abbie is so patterned to either vilify or “both sides” that in re: to a question about if people sometimes idolize natural birth, she said yes, but people also idolize medicated hospital birth. 

I’m all for unmedicated or medicated or scheduled or whatever is safe for both mom and baby. But i think it’s pretty clear that only one of those types of births has a zealous and self righteous fan club. Certainly not everyone who chooses no meds (I initially started with this plan!) is weird about it. But no one who got an epidural is out here saying it’s spiritual or the only right choice or the way God designed it or something. When women talk about how great epidurals are, they’re usually trying to destigmatize and let other women know they’re not selfish for going that route. 

but to Abbie, she is always on the right side of things in her mind and even admitting that some in her camp are out of line is too far to go without adding a both sides. 

Braggie is full of shit. Go look at her ridiculous over the top pages and pages long descriptions of her unmedicated non hospital births. Especially with her twin girls. She brags hard about how hard and horrible it was. How she labored for days. How she delivered footling breach twins. She’s insane if she thinks she talks about them the same. Her newest twin birth was described completely differently because she was induced and in a hospital. She acted like a holy martyr close to godlike when it came to birthing her twin girls. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

On 7/16/2023 at 8:42 PM, LooseMoose said:

What stood out to me in that long winded judgmental rant was “(I) am so glad for the way god wired our brains for healing”. Really? Really! ‘Cause god must have made a mistake with my brain. I’ve been battling depression since I was a teenager, so 20+ years. My brain has never “healed” despite growing up in the church and being a Christian into my 30’s. I function now because of meds and therapy which I will be doing for the rest of my life because my brain just can’t heal itself. Nothing gets under my skin like people who spout off about mental health without understanding the complexity of it. 

Same with me. I've been diagnosed with depression and cPTSD. I take Lexapro for the depression (and am doing well). I'm in therapy for the cPTSD and am doing well. Prayer? Yes, I do pray but God gave me a brain to realize my brain chemistry is out of whack and experiencing my childhood would FUBAR anyone. S/He also gave me a brain to see docs for the meds and a counselor for the talking.

• Upvote 8
  • Love 12

18 hours ago, theotherelise said:

But no one who got an epidural is out here saying it’s spiritual or the only right choice or the way God designed it or something. 

Omg - I think epidurals are definitely the way God designed it.  The relief I got with my first when I got the epidural was amazing.  I told the resident that I wanted to be on a billboard advertising how wonderful epidurals were.  I figure you get the same baby at the end either way - there's no reward for suffering more! 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 3

I had four c-sections (and only one labor), and I don't feel like I missed a damn thing other than a lot of pain.  Braggie can go take a long walk off a short pier. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

On 8/3/2023 at 11:44 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Braggie is full of shit. Go look at her ridiculous over the top pages and pages long descriptions of her unmedicated non hospital births. Especially with her twin girls. She brags hard about how hard and horrible it was. How she labored for days. How she delivered footling breach twins. She’s insane if she thinks she talks about them the same. Her newest twin birth was described completely differently because she was induced and in a hospital. She acted like a holy martyr close to godlike when it came to birthing her twin girls. 

And yet she still had to mention that her epidural had worn off by the time she was pushing, so it wasn't like she really even had one anyway 🙄 Still making an idol out of unmedicated birth, even when she was medicated!

• Upvote 7
  • Eyeroll 7
  • I Agree 3

11 minutes ago, Wifey4Lifey said:

And yet she still had to mention that her epidural had worn off by the time she was pushing, so it wasn't like she really even had one anyway 🙄 Still making an idol out of unmedicated birth, even when she was medicated!

Yep! Even an epidural that wears off by the time you push is hugely helpful. I was so exhausted from having contractions all day with my first. By the time I got my epidural I could finally REST. That was so important before I had to push. I need those hours of rest and relaxing before giving birth. 

• Upvote 10

On 7/13/2023 at 1:15 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

One good one was Jeanette McCurdy’s. I’m glad she read hers. It wouldn’t have been the same if someone else read it. Braggie will sound awful on an audiobook.

She's an actor, though, and one who even has some voice acting experience.

On 7/13/2023 at 10:53 PM, 0 kids n not countin said:

She just can't stop. 🙃

I really feel bad for Shiloh.😕

Screenshot_20230713-153523_Gallery.jpg

I'm not even sure what's going on in this picture, or what she's trying to show? 

• I Agree 2

2 hours ago, katilac said:

She's an actor, though, and one who even has some voice acting experience.

I'm not even sure what's going on in this picture, or what she's trying to show? 

I thought he was upset over his shoe and she’s fixing it. Most people wouldn’t have even noticed if she hadn’t put that face above him. It just seems she always has to publicly call him out in one way or another. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I thought he was upset over his shoe and she’s fixing it. Most people wouldn’t have even noticed if she hadn’t put that face above him. It just seems she always has to publicly call him out in one way or another. 

I confess, I looked at the photo more closely precisely because she put a circle around him and emoji above him. 🙃  

• Upvote 3

In my real life experience, large families, particularly fundie ones, always have a scapegoat child,  When things don't go perfectly someone has to be blamed, and since it's never the parent, it must be the child.

That child is the scapegoat from birth and nothing changes that or ever will.  Braggie has Shiloh.  Kendra Tierney (Catholic All Year) has her son Cranky Frankie*.  Yes that's how she refers to him on line since his birth.  I think he's 10 or 12 now.

*He had the audacity to cry/ scream as a tiny baby.

Edited by Red Hair, Black Dress
  • Upvote 2
  • Sad 8
  • I Agree 1

I think the scapegoat likely changes by the day when it comes to JillRod. Although Nurie is never the scapegoat. But I could easily see it being Sam one day and then Sofia the next day. 

• I Agree 4

• 2 weeks later...

It will never happen but TX needs to pass a law like the one in IL. Better yet, make it a federal law:

Chris McCarty, an undergraduate at the University of Washington, has launched a one-person campaign to permanently change the way that kids are compensated for their appearances on their parents’ social media accounts and vlogs....

McCarty started a campaign called Quit Clicking Kids, aimed at stopping people using children on social media for monetary gain, in 2022.

So far, McCarty’s work has focused on parenting bloggers like [Myka] Stauffer, whose online personas are based around raising their kids. McCarty believes that kids deserve privacy and a say in how they are depicted online, especially those who are too young to consent.

Yet it’s not only channels devoted to parenting and family that feature kids in front of the camera.

Family travel accounts abound online. There are “worldschooling” families who educate their kids while on the road, families who travel the US in an RV or campervan sharing their tips about how to do the same, and families who review hotels and resorts.

The most popular content creators can easily clear six or seven figures per year with advertising revenue and brand partnerships.

I wonder if Braggie will comment on the IL law.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic