IGNORED

M is for Mama 16

Coconut Flan

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

She will fix those chipping concrete counters even though the water never touched them. And she will paint her cabinets even though they weren’t harmed much. And new furniture of course. Even though they probably weren’t ruined either. 

That was my first thought as well.

3 hours ago, QuiverFullOfGoats said:

Maybe I missed seeing him on her stories but is Shaun even home to help with this disaster??  I hate watch with the sound off, too, so if she mentioned his whereabouts, I missed that as well 😆

Also, the bare feet on that nasty floor while throwing planks of wood is something.

I looked for pictures of Shaun in the aftermath and couldn’t find any. Also, AH filming while the kids were helping with clean up or wandering aimlessly about (little ones) made me scratch my head. But, AH claims she made turkey burgers. Um, wouldn’t THIS be the time to CAF it? Wonder if weekly dat night will be canceled tonight?

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2

I wouldn’t be surprised if Braggie just filmed the kids fucking around at the flooded house for content. It’s not like they were don’t anything very helpful in the video. Braggie needs stuff to post. Especially stuff that can be hashtagged hard is not the same thing as bad. I doubt Braggie will do much to fix the floor. She might pretend like she did a bunch of the work. But most will probably be left to shaun, Ezra, and some hired floor installers. Braggie will probably paint since she seems to like that. And she will go on and on like she’s a superhero for painting her house. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

6 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

She will fix those chipping concrete counters even though the water never touched them. And she will paint her cabinets even though they weren’t harmed much. And new furniture of course. Even though they probably weren’t ruined either. 

YOU CALLED IT! In the latest IG photo drop Simon is taking a sledge hammer to that big island. OMG  is all I can say. I wonder when this flood happened? Total annihilation of that kitchen seems a rather quick decision. 

One more thing- As a parent, this is the time when I would call upon my parents to take my 5 youngest kids off my hands and into a safer environment. The date nights and couple’s travel, no, but this kind of physical emergency, absolutely. But not these folks. Nope, they have those kids playing amongst the dirty water and haphazard piles of construction materials. They lack any common sense.

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 13
  • I Agree 2

14 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

YOU CALLED IT! In the latest IG photo drop Simon is taking a sledge hammer to that big island. OMG  is all I can say. I wonder when this flood happened? Total annihilation of that kitchen seems a rather quick decision. 

She’s so predictable. Zoo did the same damn thing when her home mold issues. She just used it as an excuse to redo everything. I understand mold is a big deal. But she admitted she didn’t need to redo bathrooms. But did it anyway since they were doing other work. While staying in a huge Airbnb. And then they sold the house soon after they moved back in. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 3

I see that Shaun is there now too.  

She absolutely didn't have to gut the island.  I'm beginning to wonder if Ms. Tacky Wallpaper didn't tiptoe down in the middle of the night and turn on the water herself.  Nothing she loves more than big projects that get her lots of views and sympathy.

They could have at least dried out the kitchen and assessed the damage to the floor and baseboards.  Instead, they just jump in and start demolishing everything.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

14 minutes ago, Xan said:

I see that Shaun is there now too.  

She absolutely didn't have to gut the island.  I'm beginning to wonder if Ms. Tacky Wallpaper didn't tiptoe down in the middle of the night and turn on the water herself.  Nothing she loves more than big projects that get her lots of views and sympathy.

They could have at least dried out the kitchen and assessed the damage to the floor and baseboards.  Instead, they just jump in and start demolishing everything.

Braggie loves shopping and buying stuff new to her. She got rid of a 1 year old couch for the exact same couch but a different color! She’s constantly shopping and her cluttered house shows it. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

Of course date night still happened because she and Shaun are tired from demo-ing the entire kitchen. She is bored with her house (my opinion).

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

I wonder if she'll use this flood as an excuse to build a new house. All. By. Themselves. Then sell this one completely furnished like she did the old house.

Think of all the shopping, painting, wallpapering, and decorating she could do.

God certainly is good to Braggie. Because as we all know he loves her best.

• Upvote 4

She is doing an IG live defending their decision to demo the kitchen. Clearly she wanted a whole new kitchen. She claims her insurance company told her it all had to go. When did this disaster occur? Does she have her insurance company on speed dial? 

• Upvote 8
  • WTF 4
  • Thank You 1

10 hours ago, SassyPants said:

She is doing an IG live defending their decision to demo the kitchen. Clearly she wanted a whole new kitchen. She claims her insurance company told her it all had to go. When did this disaster occur? Does she have her insurance company on speed dial? 

Yeah, I’m calling BS on that. There is no way things not affected by the water would be covered. And while she’s not in the total shitshow for homeowners insurance right now that is Florida or California, it’s extremely doubtful an adjuster has been out there and made an evaluation so quickly. 

• Upvote 9

They actually ripped out and trashed the entire kitchen. WT actual Hell. This lady just got bored and wanted new stuff. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

13 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

They actually ripped out and trashed the entire kitchen. WT actual Hell. This lady just got bored and wanted new stuff. 

Not surprised at all. Braggie is consistent. Consistently neglectful, self centered, wasteful, shopping obsessed, superficial, and narcissistic. She only cares about what she wants and nothing else. 

She showed her house with everything packed up or sitting in tables in their house. It just shows how much STUFF this woman has. Man she has so much. It’s astounding. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

I struggled with the music in the background about trusting God when bad things happen (or something) while it panned through a gorgeous house full of children helping. 

The water cleanup looked like a nightmare and comparing bad things isn't helpful. But also? In the scope of things, it's such a privileged problem to have.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 4

Evidently people are hitting her hard in DMs about ripping the entire kitchen out. Was the water flooding her house for days? It seems like 1 of the main reasons that they ripped it all out was because it wouldn’t match if they took out only the really damaged sections. She also claims that taking out the concrete tops would damage the cabinets underneath. Not sure why the countertops needed to come out as they were nowhere close to the water. She also said they had to move quick because of mold. Let’s face it, she wanted those chip cabinets and cracked countertops G_O_N_E!

I’m glad people were questioning this decision. 

They are absurd consumers.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1

4 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Evidently people are hitting her hard in DMs about ripping the entire kitchen out. Was the water flooding her house for days? It seems like 1 of the main reasons that they ripped it all out was because it wouldn’t match if they took out only the really damaged sections. She also claims that taking out the concrete tops would damage the cabinets underneath. Not sure why the countertops needed to come out as they were nowhere close to the water. She also said they had to move quick because of mold. Let’s face it, she wanted those chip cabinets and cracked countertops G_O_N_E!

I’m glad people were questioning this decision. 

They are absurd consumers.

I’m surprised she got much pushback. I thought the whole US was brainwashed by HGTV. It’s insane how much waste they accumulate in those flipping shows. They save nothing. And they won’t donate it either. Everyone on HGTV except for maybe Nicole Curtis or Bret Waterman smash everything up and throw it in a dumpster. It’s the American way. 

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 4

Last summer, the day after I had my major surgery (spinal fusion) my mom found a big puddle of water in her kitchen by the fridge. She turned the water main off and came to the hospital, and since she couldn't remember the name of her regular plumber, she called the first one that came up in the Google search. Send plumber came out, was let in by a neighbor, fixed everything and didn’t even charge her, just said ‘hope your daughter feels better’. Except….dun dun dun…. all was not better. A few months later, her neighbors found mold (their unit is directly below hers) and it turns out that the water damage was much more extensive then the first plumber said. It took many months of various insurance people, molder mediation, contractors, etc.

My point is, there was actual mold there, but insurance only paid to get the floors replaced, they did not have anything to do with the cabinets. (the floors actually ended up being replaced throughout her entire condo, as it turns out they replace them until they reach a threshold, and her unit has no thresholds.) Granted, my mom has hardwood floors, not laminate, end of the flooding was confined to a small area mostly between /behind her cabinets and fridge, but I find it very hard to believe that insurance works that differently in Texas than in Massachusetts. And at no point in time was any of the work done by non professionals, because when you are dealing with mold, it really is quite dangerous. You certainly don't let little kids play around the construction area FFS.

• Upvote 15

Her explanation, which I'm taking with a grain of salt.  She's definitely soaking this for all she can and playing martyr as per her usual.  Maybe she'll get pregnant during this travesty in her life, to be extra and so things can be extra hard is not bad for her.🙄  

Screenshot_20230825-164641_Instagram.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 6

Not that I want to cut Ms "hard is not the same as bad" any slack, but this makes sense to me. We have laminate floors and any water that sits on them for any length of time is not good. A lot of modern building techniques are not sustainable in any sense, and they don't fail gracefully. Nor are they easy to repair without total replacement.

Also, too. They live in Texas: a very humid part of Texas. I remember, not long after I moved to Colorado, dumping a whole bunch of water over a friends floor. I was appalled at my clumsiness and apologized abjectly. My friend said, "Not a big deal. It's Colorado: it will dry."  I am used to things drying very quickly, and am mildly astonished when things don't do so. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

I wouldn’t be surprised if the floor was the cheapest laminate and the cabinets were cheap particle board painted so you can’t tell it’s cheap. And we know the counters were falling apart. Concrete counter tops that are poorly made are probably very cheap too. She will keep her high end appliances. I’m sure she bought high end appliances because people can tell online which are cheap and which are high end. But she never does a close up of the floors or counter. So she cheaped out in those places. I bet she’s had issues with all these things before the flood. And this is her excuse to get rid of the cheap stuff, fill her need for more and more shopping, and update her kitchen to be more instagram trendy and perfect. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5

They took out the cabinet uppers. The island was already intentionally mismatched. I do not understand why they don’t have floor vacs all over the place. And she’s already changed the insurance story from “they said we had to remove the island if we were going to remove the cabinets” to “they said they’re willing to pay for island and we don’t want different counters.” Well Abbie, if the concrete counters are so great, why not do them on the new base cabinets then it won’t be mismatched. 

• Upvote 7

My prediction:

Whatever the latest and greatest trendy flooring is

Quartz counter tops with an inlay of marble for pastry prep

Custom cabinets

Wild colors and wallpaper

Bigger and more custom Island

No change in plumbing situation

This is going to be her dream, for the moment, kitchen

And she’ll say that they intentionally kept costs down last time with the plan of gutting in 5 years.

*Goal met*

1 hour ago, theotherelise said:

They took out the cabinet uppers. The island was already intentionally mismatched. I do not understand why they don’t have floor vacs all over the place. And she’s already changed the insurance story from “they said we had to remove the island if we were going to remove the cabinets” to “they said they’re willing to pay for island and we don’t want different counters.” Well Abbie, if the concrete counters are so great, why not do them on the new base cabinets then it won’t be mismatched. 

The kitchen won’t have concrete countertops- those were a disaster 

• Upvote 6

I’ve seen double islands becoming trendy. But I think Braggie won’t do that. I think she will just do a gigantic island. I could see her adding more wood elements into this kitchen compared to her last. Like maybe the counters will be butcher block and then the island counter will be quartz. Or the upper cabinets will be wood while the lowers will be painted. I’m wondering if she will decide on actual hard wood floors. Or maybe just a higher quality laminate this time around. 

• Upvote 2

A first-floor flood happened to my house: While everyone was at work or school, the water-supply pipe to my washing machine (my laundry room adjoins my kitchen) burst, coating the entire first floor in a layer of water. There was no damage to the vinyl flooring, but the hardwood floors in the living-dining room warped badly.

Fortunately, insurance covered everything, including furniture moving, but it was all a huge PITA. The entire contents of the living-dining room (including two hutches and two bookcases and the tons of stuff in them) had to be packed up and put into our attached garage, and the floors had to be sanded and refinished. Once that was done, we had to wash down all the walls and windows and have everything moved back in. I have often said that room has never been as clean before or since!

• Upvote 6

We had a plumbing disaster that we were home for - thank goodness - and it was SUCH a pain.  Mold remediation, plumbing work, drywall, paining, and the cleanup took forever.

Our insurance company fought us every inch and I cannot imagine what insurance company they have that would agree to redo the WHOLE KITCHEN due to flooding that did not actually reach the countertops or upper cabinets. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 9

After her very expensive trip to Europe, now she remodels the whole kitchen. No way the insurance company is paying for all... companies pay the least they can. So she has money. Didn't she had several rental properties? It may be the answer to explain her way of life. 

Laminate is usually very cheap. Tile is far better for kitchens and bathrooms, especially in a house with 12 people. Tile lasts forever, is resistant to water and can be bleach-cleaned if needed. Braggie could have a smaller house built with nice quality materials, but prefers a big, tacky mess.

Her cabinets were peeling years ago. They were awful. I bet the floor was in a very bad shape and she wanted a full kitchen renovation. When she finishes the kitchen, she will follow with the bathrooms.,. But she will never invest in better beds for her children, adult bedrooms for the older boys, etc.

• Upvote 7

• Coconut Flan locked this topic