IGNORED

M is for Mama 16

Coconut Flan

There’s so much truth in this post. I bet she carried one of the 2.5 year old twins constantly. I’m sure she carried them the most out of Braggie and Shaun. I really want to know if she was paid. It if they made the trip her payment. 

9E239613-C0DF-402A-B2D8-0F2612DC46D5.jpeg

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 3
  • WTF 3
  • I Agree 2

There was one video that Abby posted where she was standing by a path in the alps, and all of the kids ambled past her, some of the little ones being carried/backpacked then there was a long pause and one of the little boys came running down the path with Rachel running behind him. I think that her entire trip was probably like that, just running running running while Abbie filmed filmed filmed. 

I just don't understand why the heck they didn't bring a stroller to New Orleans….. But then again, these are friends of Braggies, what can we expect.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

9 minutes ago, anachronistic said:

There was one video that Abby posted where she was standing by a path in the alps, and all of the kids ambled past her, some of the little ones being carried/backpacked then there was a long pause and one of the little boys came running down the path with Rachel running behind him. I think that her entire trip was probably like that, just running running running while Abbie filmed filmed filmed. 

I just don't understand why the heck they didn't bring a stroller to New Orleans….. But then again, these are friends of Braggies, what can we expect.

Jill and Braggie are so similar yet Jill gets an insane amount of attention. I understand that Jill is much more up front about her crazy shit and that’s why she gets way more attention. But this trip has to show people that she is so similar to someone like Jill and should be taken to task online just like Jill. Yet she will still fly under the radar because she dresses trendy, has a big house, and plenty of money and privilege. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 7

The main difference for me is that Braggie's husband has an income.  Also, Braggie makes money on her silly books.  That's still a type of grift but not blatant like the Rods.

Other than that, they're very similar.  Both are child hoarders.  Both fail to properly educate their children.  Braggie seems to feed and clothe her children better than Jill. Both Jill and Abbie think they're entitled to vacations and lots of date nights.  Both spend more on themselves than on their children.  Both put their children is dangerous situations.  And both wrap themselves up in religion and use it to deflect any criticism.

I think the Rodlings have had a rougher road than most of the fundie kids we've talked about here.  However, I feel that Abbie is more dangerous.  She makes all of this seem mainstream when it's anything but.  Abbie acts as if anyone can live like she does if they just follow her guidelines.  The truth is that her husband makes a lot of money, Abbie's mother helps an insane amount with the children, the older children are raising the younger children, and Abbie thinks it's okay to complain about and malign her own children because she just has so many.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 10

Some great, spot-on recent Amazon reviews of Braggie's first book:

""Do better"

Thats it. Thats the message of the book.
The author comes across as very fake and holy, virtue signalling. She rambles on and on about how great she is, uses her kids to promote herself on social media.
Theres nothing authentic and personable about her. She bravely shares about how her toilet was dirtier than her friends, but oh, she was pregnant at the time with twins. Thats her opening up.
She encourages you to unfollow authentic social media marketers who are authentic about their struggles, and follow her instead.
How does she raise 10 kids and have time to promote her ego on social media? The question is never answered. Does she do what the Duggar family does, and have the older children parent the youngers? Is there strict authoritarian rule? Are kids parentified? Are their rigid roles? Is the author suffering from perfectionistic narcissism? Will anyone who doesnt love her work be labelled a Satanist?"

"This book is very reminiscent of Girl Wash Your Face by Rachel Hollis. It’s written very casually and sounds very sanctimonious. It essentially gave the message that the author has it all figured out and the reader just needs to try harder. Motherhood is incredibly difficult and a mom reaching for a book like this one is probably going through a tough time- therefore, they probably don’t want to feel shamed because a mom of 10 can do it so why am I struggling with just a few children? I wish this book focused more on scripture rather than the author’s own experience and taking scripture slightly out of context to serve her own advice/experience. I felt really discouraged after reading the first 4 chapters and had to stop."

"Shallow and snarky. I read the first chapter and couldn't continue. Everyone's parenting experience is different, and I could not connect with the preachy tone."

• Upvote 12
  • Thank You 10

Braggie is so frickin thin skinned, does she do "Ask Me Anything" so she can whine, complain, and chastise her followers for asking questions she doesn't want to answer. She really needs to feel superior to everyone.🙄🤨

Screenshot_20230629-151358_Instagram.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 16

It's hilarious because earlier in this clump of answers, she talks about how her book agent found her through her online presence which is primarily driven by instagram. But then in this answer she says her instagram is her providing value in free content on IG. She wants people to fawn over her without asking her for anything she wasn't already planning to say or do. When someone asks a question she will act annoyed and say "I have two whole podcasts about that." like, girl, your audience didn't follow you to then get assignments to listen through your monotone voice explain something 24 minutes in to a podcast that they don't have time for.

• Upvote 9

Yes exactly. It’s not providing content for free if this is the way you got 3 (she said her contract is for another next year) book deals. 

It’s also so silly. The point of AMA is for for ppl to ask anything they want & many influencers are gracious about this. I would feel embarrassed and insulted if I were the question asker & got the “food for thought” public shaming. Like just say: nope there’s nothing to it; we don’t have a real recipe. And move on. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

55 minutes ago, neuroticcat said:

Yes exactly. It’s not providing content for free if this is the way you got 3 (she said her contract is for another next year) book deals. 

It’s also so silly. The point of AMA is for for ppl to ask anything they want & many influencers are gracious about this. I would feel embarrassed and insulted if I were the question asker & got the “food for thought” public shaming. Like just say: nope there’s nothing to it; we don’t have a real recipe. And move on. 

I’m a blunt person in real life. People have commented on it. And I know it’s a personality trait. But I’ve learned that being blunt on the internet can come across poorly. So I try to be slightly more pleasant when typing online than I would in real life. Braggie doesn’t realize how rude she comes across. If she’s blunt, that’s fine. But when she’s trying to be a Christian mommy influencer, she’s never going to get really big if she keeps up her blunt and rather rude online responses. Or she will get popular because people hate follow her.

• Upvote 2

Screenshot_20230701-0948532.thumb.png.deeea62b9607b10d943ad94b98e8e169.png

I'm playing catch up with Abbie and I haven't seen this mentioned yet. The audacity of this woman to charge for a book launch party. I've been to a few book launches from actual famous authors and they were free! She's such a greedy cow.  

Edited by SuperNova
  • Upvote 8
  • WTF 3
  • I Agree 3

Pay $60 to watcch her shill her book?  Unheard of and my son says she's crazy.  He does these things and his publisher would keel over if he wanted to charge people.  They're buying your book to get it signed.  That's all you should expect.  

She's throwing herself a party and expecting the guests to pay for it.

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 2

4 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

Pay $60 to watcch her shill her book?  Unheard of and my son says she's crazy.  He does these things and his publisher would keel over if he wanted to charge people.  They're buying your book to get it signed.  That's all you should expect.  

She's throwing herself a party and expecting the guests to pay for it.

It's so tacky. She doesn't have the self awareness to be embarrassed about it, either. 

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 2

Emily Morrow is way funnier and nicer than Braggie. I wonder if they’ve only communicated online. I bet Emily won’t like Braggie. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

“Only” $60 to go to a book release party? I hope it ends up being as much of a bust as her non-meetup in Europe. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 3

2 hours ago, SuperNova said:

Screenshot_20230701-0948532.thumb.png.deeea62b9607b10d943ad94b98e8e169.png

I'm playing catch up with Abbie and I haven't seen this mentioned yet. The audacity of this woman to charge for a book launch party. I've been to a few book launches from actual famous authors and they were free! She's such a greedy cow.  

I occasionally see Emily Morrow's Tik-Toks and she comes off very smug and self-satisfied. I don't like how judgmental she seems. It's suppose to "parody", but her hanging with Braggie makes me wonder how much of her crap she believes. 

• Upvote 3

Wow. I missed that. Yeah, that's outrageous to charge for a book launch. 

Also to pump up the scarcity with "limited tickets!" If she gets 100 takers that's 6K for her book launch. Well, I guess we know how they paid for a month in Europe for a family of twelve. 

I wonder if we will soon here "more tickets opened up for you!" if not enough people are willing to pay. It is wild how greedy these people are.

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Emily Morrow is way funnier and nicer than Braggie. I wonder if they’ve only communicated online. I bet Emily won’t like Braggie. 

I did not understand how Emily Morrow can be in any way having something in common with Braggie. I like her shorts on youtube, she is funny. I do not understand what these two people brought together. It's like two things collide in my head. It's weird.

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, Scrabblemaster said:

I did not understand how Emily Morrow can be in any way having something in common with Braggie. I like her shorts on youtube, she is funny. I do not understand what these two people brought together. It's like two things collide in my head. It's weird.

It's not weird to me. She is arrogant, and judgmental. She poke fun at everything, but she clearly has bias towards the ideas she parodies. She either agrees with Braggie more than we know currently or doesn't realize how fundie Braggie is and just sees another crunchy mother. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I occasionally see Emily Morrow's Tik-Toks and she comes off very smug and self-satisfied. I don't like how judgmental she seems. It's suppose to "parody", but her hanging with Braggie makes me wonder how much of her crap she believes. 

See I think it comes across as making fun of herself. Because she knows how ridiculous crunchie stuff can be when it’s over the top. I’m sure she’s crunchie. But it’s like she’s self aware crunchie. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

The first round of spots sold out. Next tier of launch tickets are $70/each and she’s offering 100 so 7k more. 

The price does not include the cost of the book either. I just can’t imagine doing that and feeling ethically okay about it. 

• Upvote 4
  • Angry 1
  • Confused 1
  • Eyeroll 3
  • WTF 6

I liked really very crunchy shorts on YouTube but blocked it when I found out she and Abbie are friends. That makes me think Emily is just hiding a bunch of bigotry and Christian dominionism beliefs. 

What’s funny is I don’t think Abbie is capable of being self-deprecating in a real way. She talks about her hair and how long it’s been since a wash, but that is thinly veiled compliment fishing. 

• Upvote 6

11 hours ago, neuroticcat said:

The first round of spots sold out. Next tier of launch tickets are $70/each and she’s offering 100 so 7k more. 

The price does not include the cost of the book either. I just can’t imagine doing that and feeling ethically okay about it. 

And most of her followers probably have way less income and resources than she does!

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

The Grammer quizzes she has been posting lately also make my eyes roll. She really can't stop with "proving" she is better and smarter than everyone else (in addition to being the best Christian of course).  She has no grace at all, in any situation.  This response seems so condescending imo.🙄

Screenshot_20230702-080059_Instagram.jpg

• Eyeroll 5
  • Haha 1

The last three book signings I went to, for best-selling authors, cost $25 or $35 each and included a copy of the book. The $35 one included a very nice buffet. And none of the authors was smug and condescending.

• Upvote 13
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 4

On 7/1/2023 at 12:58 PM, neuroticcat said:

I wonder if we will soon here "more tickets opened up for you!" if not enough people are willing to pay. It is wild how greedy these people are.

You called it.

I don't want Abbie hugging my neck. The very thought of it makes my skin crawl. She's an insincere lizard woman and I don't want to be in the same room as her. 

Screenshot_20230702-1532052.thumb.png.25a3a051b9cea2568509ab4b38650803.pngScreenshot_20230702-1532142.png.f7cc270cbf2fd759725af17783155cf9.png

Edited by SuperNova
  • Disgust 3
  • Eyeroll 11
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic