IGNORED

M is for Mama 16

Coconut Flan

She claimed cleaning the fridge was a paid job for della, but it feels like that could mean penny reward system payment, not actual work value payment. 

Before I leave for a trip to visit family for the holidays, I like to put fresh sheets on the bed and make a freezer meal. Then I know we will at least have dinner figured out and the comfort of a fresh bed. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, theotherelise said:

She claimed cleaning the fridge was a paid job for della, but it feels like that could mean penny reward system payment, not actual work value payment. 

Before I leave for a trip to visit family for the holidays, I like to put fresh sheets on the bed and make a freezer meal. Then I know we will at least have dinner figured out and the comfort of a fresh bed. 

Agree with this entire comment.

Clean the house before the trip, and D. Was very likely paid via the penny reward system.

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, theotherelise said:

Agreed. I was in a not-very-long distance relationship for years (me in UK, him in Germany) and had a perfect airport connection for the way out - change beds, wash/dry/iron linen in the morning (god, I even starched it then, lol), empty/wipe out fridge, etc. He had a student flat in the middle of munich, no washing machine, I'd have loads of laundry when I got back - so, not terrible, but I was not dragging my washing through the streets to the laundry just to wash it, when it all needed ironing anyway. The connection back took about 14 hours (way out 6); all I wanted was to have a quick dinner from the freezer, fall into bed, and have some bread in the freezer for breakfast. And that is just for me...

My mum is the same - we'd be out at 3-4 am as kids to drive to France on holiday (pre Euro-tunnel, in the 80s, missing your ferry was also a Terrible Thing (I think my mum might have thought there was a database of latecomers or something) and you might be put on some sort of list, lol. Fresh beds the days before, all washed/ironed, something to eat in the freezer. I didn't get it as a kid, but once I hit 7-8, I started to realize that holidays are great, but you also come home... We camped, washing up was almost fun then; after 2-3 weeks, less so, the idea of coming back to a tidy home with running water was bliss. Not so if we had left the fridge full of yuck before we left. I think my mum might have used holidays as a way to get a semi-deep clean done, actually! Very wise... Often with 2 weeks of dirty clothes - and even all the clean clothes need unpacking and hanging up etc. But like, doesn't basically everyone do that?

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

2 hours ago, 0 kids n not countin said:

Apparently the meet-up got rained out.  Thank you Jesus!😈😅

Screenshot_20230617-152803_Instagram.jpg

I’m wondering if only one or two people showed up and she was glad to have the rain as an excuse. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5

She’s recapping London on stories and throwing out transphobic and homophobic crap about billboards she saw celebrating Pride month. She’s concerned about the “propaganda” influencing young people.

IMG_0280.png

• Angry 1
  • Disgust 4
  • Eyeroll 16

16 minutes ago, Pleiades_06 said:

She’s recapping London on stories and throwing out transphobic and homophobic crap about billboards she saw celebrating Pride month. She’s concerned about the “propaganda” influencing young people.

IMG_0280.png

Lol. I would love to let her know that biblical propaganda makes my children laugh. They don’t get uncomfortable. When we are driving and we see ridiculous billboards about going to hell and Satan is real, my kids laugh. It’s a joke to them because they know it’s just fear mongering bullshit. They don’t laugh when we see signs for churches, VBS, or other religious events. Just the straight up religious fear mongering bullshit. But I bet she doesn’t see those ridiculous signs as propaganda. Just truth. And I would love to let her know that I feel the exact same way about queer pride signs. It’s just truth to my family. 

• Upvote 16

13 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m wondering if only one or two people showed up and she was glad to have the rain as an excuse. 

I am wondering if no one turned up and she is using rain as an excuse? I can't imagine her having legit fans in London period. I think she could have fans in England, but I would think they would have contacted her before hand to get an idea of her itinerary earlier on, but the chances they were close enough to get to London midday and midweek seem low. If she actually had people show they could easily pop inside any cafe. London has loads, it wouldn't be hard to find somewhere even with all the kids. I really think she thought she was enough of a "celeb" that her fans would drop everything to see her even with like a days notice, but getting into London if you don't live in London can be a pain and expensive so doubt most people even who are huge fans would even try. I really think she is not fully telling the truth, since most of the fountain pics seem pretty dry and the rain came and went fast last week, and sensible people would just venture inside.

I passed the anti LGBTQ story as don't like giving her any views. She is just horrible. My kids are learning all people deserve love, and watch out for cults who tell you some people are worth less then others, so she can just shut up. She us garbage!

Edited by tankgirl
  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

This is one of the propaganda signs we pass on the highway. My kids are like, “look! Hell is real! Oh noooooo!” In a sarcastic way. They know their dad and I believe there is no hell and it’s just a place made up to make people live in fear. I could see signs like that making other people uncomfortable. But we just roll our eyes. 

E6849EF5-C878-4AF8-9C71-CBEA4B3106F6.jpeg

• Upvote 6

She was doing the meet-up and brought along the kids?  I don't think so.  In the Instagram post, she and the kids are walking back in the rain.  I think she just thought people would show up or would know her from her famous face and stop and ask her to autograph books.  Nobody was interested.

And what is this about?  She's happy that Shiloh isn't in the picture?  She worded that badly.

Spoiler

Screenshot(14471).png.8e4f868078f6e02af80ca16777e334a7.png

• Upvote 7

28 minutes ago, Xan said:

And what is this about?  She's happy that Shiloh isn't in the picture?  She worded that badly.

Given the way she's treated Shiloh in the past, I'm not convinced that this is just bad wording. Poor little dude always seems to be left out. 

• Upvote 9
  • Sad 5
  • I Agree 2

Well, as I Brit, I'm very proud our country seems to have pissed Abbie off the most 🌈 🇬🇧 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 9
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 9

1 minute ago, Teaistheway said:

Well, as I Brit,

which I sort of guess from your fantastic username, lol!

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 5

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

This is one of the propaganda signs we pass on the highway. My kids are like, “look! Hell is real! Oh noooooo!” In a sarcastic way. They know their dad and I believe there is no hell and it’s just a place made up to make people live in fear. I could see signs like that making other people uncomfortable. But we just roll our eyes. 

E6849EF5-C878-4AF8-9C71-CBEA4B3106F6.jpeg

It’s an easy way to identify people from your area of the country, for sure! 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Rowan said:

It’s an easy way to identify people from your area of the country, for sure! 

Yes, it sucks that my kids have to see dumb shit like this. But the city where we live isn’t like that. The HELL signs are always in the middle of nowhere next to the highway. My kids are totally used to seeing pride signs in our city. It’s just their normal and I’m glad. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 4

Yes even really famous authors sometimes have low attendance on planned events. I’m not sure anyone could really expect a last minute turnout from instagram story announcement. 

It may be obliviousness but it may also be a self-protective thing. So much easier to tell one’s self: well, I didn’t plan properly and no one showed rather than go to the trouble of finding a host site (unlikely a UK bookstore stocks her books), setting it up, promoting it, and having no one show.

Aside from household name authors, most book events are attended by friends/acquaintances. 

• Upvote 9

15 hours ago, Teaistheway said:

Well, as I Brit, I'm very proud our country seems to have pissed Abbie off the most 🌈 🇬🇧 

Seconded by another Brit!

The irony is there are plenty of religious fundamentalists in London from all the major religions.  She could go to Golders Green where the fundy Jewish communities are, she could go to the areas where there is a strict Muslim community (I used to live in Finsbury park as a student and would get stares as a white woman wearing relatively short skirts, they also produced some terrorists from the Mosque there), the conservative fundy Christians are mobile but they definitely exist.

But really she need to come to me in Brighton where the evil go to party!  Where bondage wear is displayed on shop fronts and no one blinks at two people making out regardless of genders.  And my dad when he found out I had a beauty appointment booked on a street in that area was very worried I'd booked the wrong thing and was going to get a big surprise.

Brighton would explode her!

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 9

19 hours ago, SuperNova said:

Given the way she's treated Shiloh in the past, I'm not convinced that this is just bad wording. Poor little dude always seems to be left out. 

FREUDIAN SLIP

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 1

Is it even possible for Braggie to just STOP the brag for a minute or two, PLEASE...🙄

Screenshot_20230620-132152_Instagram.jpg

• Disgust 4
  • Eyeroll 14

28 minutes ago, 0 kids n not countin said:

Is it even possible for Braggie to just STOP the brag for a minute or two, PLEASE...🙄

Screenshot_20230620-132152_Instagram.jpg

20 years of conditioning? 20 years of bragging and 16 years of using it as an excuse to get away from your kids. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 6

We’ve talked many times about how you would feel with Abbie as your parent if you weren’t completely straight and or cisgender. Seeing this post from her, it occurred to me how it would suck to be fat or not adept at physical activities. 

Again, with physical appearance and ability, Abbie believes she is 100% responsible for how she is. There is privilege in being naturally slim, being able to afford gym membership, afford training for certification, and have the childcare options while not working herself to train and teach. If one of her kids is a bit fat or even just goes through their awkward pubescent years with a larger body, I think she would be cruel. 

I’ve experienced this to a certain extent with hormonal acne. People (or in-laws ahem) with naturally clear skin or only occasional pimples think that those of us who have battled acne for decades are lazy or something. Why don’t we wash our faces or drink more water or whatever. In reality, much of our physical body presentation is out of our control or heavily influenced by our environment. 

Abbie and others who work in fitness certainly have put in the reps. But they misunderstand how much control they have. And so she’s likely to believe anything other than her view of a fit body is a willful choice. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 19
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, theotherelise said:

We’ve talked many times about how you would feel with Abbie as your parent if you weren’t completely straight and or cisgender. Seeing this post from her, it occurred to me how it would suck to be fat or not adept at physical activities. 

Again, with physical appearance and ability, Abbie believes she is 100% responsible for how she is. There is privilege in being naturally slim, being able to afford gym membership, afford training for certification, and have the childcare options while not working herself to train and teach. If one of her kids is a bit fat or even just goes through their awkward pubescent years with a larger body, I think she would be cruel. 

I’ve experienced this to a certain extent with hormonal acne. People (or in-laws ahem) with naturally clear skin or only occasional pimples think that those of us who have battled acne for decades are lazy or something. Why don’t we wash our faces or drink more water or whatever. In reality, much of our physical body presentation is out of our control or heavily influenced by our environment. 

Abbie and others who work in fitness certainly have put in the reps. But they misunderstand how much control they have. And so she’s likely to believe anything other than her view of a fit body is a willful choice. 

I totally agree. Her kids seem to have taken after both of their parents’ naturally thin frames. So maybe they won’t have to listen to her fat shaming. In my family, amongst my boys cousins when I was growing up, almost every single one of them gained some weight right before puberty. Like at 10 or 11 years old. And then they hit puberty, shot up 6 inches, and the little bit of extra fat they had seemed to even out. I could see Braggie shaming a kid for something that is just natural to their body and they have little control over. 

• Upvote 10

Abbie lives in a bubble and is convinced everyone is JUST LIKE HER  and if they're not, they want to be like her.

And if they don't want to be like her, they're sinning and going straight to hell.  Thanks, Abbie.

(We had these awful people who had posters of "aborted fetuses" (ie, stillborn babies) standing along the street at one point when my kids were little, and I made them cover their eyes, it was just so baffling - there weren't any clinics around, just these idiots on a busy street in CHICAGO, of all places, waving signs on a Tuesday.)

• Upvote 7
  • WTF 2
  • I Agree 1

9 minutes ago, bea said:

Abbie lives in a bubble and is convinced everyone is JUST LIKE HER  and if they're not, they want to be like her.

And if they don't want to be like her, they're sinning and going straight to hell.  Thanks, Abbie.

(We had these awful people who had posters of "aborted fetuses" (ie, stillborn babies) standing along the street at one point when my kids were little, and I made them cover their eyes, it was just so baffling - there weren't any clinics around, just these idiots on a busy street in CHICAGO, of all places, waving signs on a Tuesday.)

I pass an abortion provider pretty often. I try not to pass it when my kids are in the car because some people have graphic signs. It’s gross.

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 1

Oh and I want to point something out about those graphic signs. You could do that with any procedure. You could stand outside a heart hospital with graphic signs with blown up images of bloody heart surgery because you don’t believe in heart surgery. Or an OBGYN with a poster of a c-section. Because you believe birth should always be vaginal. Just because you have graphic pictures of bloody fetuses that may not have even been aborted doesn’t mean abortion is wrong. It just means it’s a medical procedure with blood involved. And it’s hard to look at just like many or their procedures. My kids run away when I watch Dr Pimple popper. Because it’s graphic. That doesn’t mean it’s wrong or bad to have your cysts removed. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic