IGNORED

Josh and Anna 57: Singing the I'm Stuck in the SHU Blues

Coconut Flan

Speaking of the M-kids and a possible move to Texas.... Ma Spivey just posted some photos (public, on Instagram) from Bible camp and Paiges' 17-th birthday. Isn't this Mackynzie in pink out bowling with the Spivey kids? 

F9DFEA92-934B-40F6-B3DB-9F1CC90498B9_1_201_a.jpeg

Edited by xenobia
crappy spelling
  • Upvote 9

On 7/2/2023 at 7:54 AM, FiveAcres said:

It probably doesn't help that the whole federal appeal process takes so long to play out. Right now, she can tell herself that Josh will win his appeal and be vindicated. I suppose when that fails, she will be sure that he should receive a presidential pardon and be released. If everyone else around her has moved on and accepted that Josh is behind bars for the next decade, it would be very hard for Joshy girl when these people are her main social contact. (I was about to write main emotional support, but I doubt anyone gives here any decent emotional support.) 

The corrupt religious practice she was raised in taught her that all a (white male) sex offender has to do is repent, and everyone around him (including the society in which he lives) is required to forgive his transgression. I can see how Anna must have so much rage that this is not playing out the way she was raised to believe. 

I could see her being enraged if she was asked to forgive someone who wasn’t really sorry but “repented” and now those rules aren’t working for her anymore. 

I remember when deconstructing my own abuse I was absolutely enraged over the double standards. 

On 7/2/2023 at 8:20 AM, Smee said:

What? Jana’s cps thing was aaaages ago now, where have Anna and the Ms been living all this time? In the big house?

I doubt JB has kicked her out. He’s an idiot but he’s not THAT much of an idiot, he knows a desperate woman with nowhere to go and no way to feed her children will do whatever it takes to not wind up destitute. One visit to Jill or Amy for support and there might be a SHP season 2..

I don’t know, if there’s two things I have faith in, one of them is the stupidity of Jim Bob Duggar.

8 hours ago, gustava said:

Wonder how long it will be before Joshie is back in the SHU?

The second thing is the stupidity of Josh Duggar. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 10
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, xenobia said:

Speaking of the M-kids and a possible move to Texas.... Ma Spivey just posted some photos (public, on Instagram) from Bible camp and Paiges' 17-th birthday. Isn't this Mackynzie in pink out bowling with the Spivey kids? 

Yes, that’s Mack. I think Anna would love to move down to Texas. Pris would support every terrible decision she makes. Pecan would make excuses for Josh. And Hilary Spivey would kiss her ass because she seems to kiss all Duggar ass. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 17
  • I Agree 7

16 minutes ago, BensAllergies said:

Fairpark has “apologized” for Mike Keller’s appalling comments.

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/texas/news/fort-worth-church-apologizes-comments-duggar-family-service/

Yeah I can see why you put quotation marks around 'apologized' - "Fairpark Baptist Church affirms that racism and slavery are wrong, sinful and violate the scriptures. As a part of our faith we would never condone slavery, or tolerate any kind of prejudice against people of color."   Very milquetoast of them.   How about 'My father-in-law is a fricking idiot and a total racist and I won't let him have the pulpit here ever again.'  

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

I haven’t read the Bible cover to cover. I did go to church every Sunday. But I was under them impression that the Bible didn’t outright forbid slavery. So this statement doesn’t make sense. 

8215E89E-06DC-4648-9E84-217BDD008CD8.jpeg

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

43 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I haven’t read the Bible cover to cover. I did go to church every Sunday. But I was under them impression that the Bible didn’t outright forbid slavery. So this statement doesn’t make sense. 

8215E89E-06DC-4648-9E84-217BDD008CD8.jpeg

Truthfully, you can find support for either stance in the Bible but most would use St Paul’s « Now there is no male or female, slave or freed, Jew or Gentile for we are all one in Christ Jesus » paraphrase not word for word quote as proof of slavery being anti-Biblical but you are correct, there are also examples of slavery being approved.

• Upvote 5

On 7/4/2023 at 6:35 AM, xenobia said:

I have to say I would not have picked that as Mac 

generic enough to be or not to be her but then again I have not seen her for awhile so puberty and I am guessing from the looks of it possibly braces have changed her face. I hope she isn't missing Jordyn to much (if she is living in Texas). They always played it that she was closer to Jordyn than Josie. At least she is allowed to be out and about with her fundie peers and the benefit of being sheltered is they "should" not be hanging shit on her for her dad. Which I fear if she was at school would happen. The innocent get screwed poor love 

• I Agree 3

They were at VBS so no absolute evidence of a move yet since Anna has taken them to Texas for that several years now.  Although it's equally possible that they have moved. Internet rumors are growing.  

• Upvote 6

This is just speculation but my guess is that Anna is spending lots of time in Texas since Josh’s conviction. Sure her home address might be in Arkansas, but that doesn’t mean she spends all her time there. Fundies are pretty well known for traveling around for weeks at a time. So it may not seem weird to the Wallers and Duggars for Anna to be spending so much time in Texas but not considering it a move to Texas. Hell Jill Rod is hardly ever home but we still say she lives in Ohio. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

40 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

This is just speculation but my guess is that Anna is spending lots of time in Texas since Josh’s conviction. Sure her home address might be in Arkansas, but that doesn’t mean she spends all her time there. Fundies are pretty well known for traveling around for weeks at a time. So it may not seem weird to the Wallers and Duggars for Anna to be spending so much time in Texas but not considering it a move to Texas. Hell Jill Rod is hardly ever home but we still say she lives in Ohio. 

And if things are a little tense in the Duggar compound, the less time Anna spends there the better, probably. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

59 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Fundies are pretty well known for traveling around for weeks at a time. So it may not seem weird to the Wallers and Duggars for Anna to be spending so much time in Texas but not considering it a move to Texas.

Does she take all the kids with her when she travels? 

Just now, Howl said:

Does she take all the kids with her when she travels? 

My guess would be yes. But I’m sure there could be times when she only brings some of them. I also wouldn’t be surprised if she stayed down there for weeks at a time when she brings all of them. And if she doesn’t bring all of them, I would guess those are shorter trips. 

• Upvote 1

What's the lower age range for VBS? Just trying to figure out how many kids Anna can send. 

Alyssa Webster just sent all 4 daughters. At least Maci had a tee shirt, but maybe there is a preschool? If so, Anna could theoretically send 6 of her kids. And she wouldn't leave the baby in Arkansas. 

I don't think Smuggar can have visitors until August or September, so she's probably spending less time in Texas now, unless the rumors are true and she moved. 

When I was teaching VBS, our youngest group was 4-5.  Basically pre-K level and they were going into K in the fall.  It really depends on the curriculum package they buy.  Some say pre-school, but I doubt they mean 3 year olds and most go to middle school although a few go through high school.  

• Thank You 2

I have noticed it’s different for each church. Some will have wider age ranges than others. But they almost always do elementary age. Age 5-12 are almost always included. Bigger churches can probably include the preschool ages and teens. Although the teens might be asked to act as counselors in some churches. So my answer is that at least 4 of Anna’s kids can probably do VBS. 

• Upvote 2

Thanks for the responses. I think the Websters just bought a matching shirt for Maci, but it did raise questions. 😃

• Upvote 1

I taught VBS when I was in university and we took kids from 3-12. They were then grouped 3-5, 6-9 and 10-12 for small group activities. It was a fun summer job. We travelled from church to church and ran week long programs. As far as I remember, it paid just over minimum wage but 18 year old me was fine with that. I loved singing, doing crafts, stories etc with kids all summer. No shock that I ended up as a school counsellor. 

• Upvote 15

20 hours ago, marmalade said:

What's the lower age range for VBS? Just trying to figure out how many kids Anna can send. 

Alyssa Webster just sent all 4 daughters. At least Maci had a tee shirt, but maybe there is a preschool? If so, Anna could theoretically send 6 of her kids. And she wouldn't leave the baby in Arkansas. 

I don't think Smuggar can have visitors until August or September, so she's probably spending less time in Texas now, unless the rumors are true and she moved. 

Even if Anna can’t send them all she can send some of them which would lighten the load for a few hours. 

• Upvote 2

On 7/7/2023 at 4:00 PM, Father Son Holy Goat said:

Even if Anna can’t send them all she can send some of them which would lighten the load for a few hours. 

Depends who she sends.  I expect sending Mack will increase her load as I'm guessing Mack does an awful lot of helpful things and sister momming by now.

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 1

Any ideas when we’ll find out if there are additional changes to Josh’s sentencing? I know he got 10 more days but that can’t be it, right? 

2 hours ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

Any ideas when we’ll find out if there are additional changes to Josh’s sentencing? I know he got 10 more days but that can’t be it, right? 

My understanding is the sentence is the same as it always has been.  The initial release date assumes he'll only have to do 85% of his sentence, with 15% of his sentence being cancelled due to good behaviour.  Its an assumption made automatically and put into the release date.

Josh broke prison rules and got in a trouble.  As a consequence he's lost some of that assumed good behaviour time.  Thus his release date has been extended.

The sentence itself hasn't changed, just the good behaviour time.

It will happen again if he gets caught breaking rules again, and we'll find out like we did last time by someone clever noticing a change to his release date.

The legal punishment for his crimes hasn't changed.  Just the good behaviour bit.

Of course if he does something illegal in prison, like assaults someone (I don't think he will, he won't get his hands dirty) or is found with drugs/illegal things, then he could get new charges and a whole new sentence.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 11

This might be a stupid question but can people earn back good behaviour time? It seems like there would be no incentive to toe the line if one is sentenced to 12 years, screws up in year one and then it doesn’t matter how well they behave for the next 11 years. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

44 minutes ago, Expectopatronus said:

This might be a stupid question but can people earn back good behaviour time? It seems like there would be no incentive to toe the line if one is sentenced to 12 years, screws up in year one and then it doesn’t matter how well they behave for the next 11 years. 

I don't know the answer to your original question, but it doesn't seem like all of the good behavior time is taken away at once. So if someone has a 12 year sentence, and they're set to be released after 10 years and 2 months, messing up once in year one might change the total time served 10 years and 3 months. So there's still incentive to behave because a second offense might make it 10 years and 5 months, and a third offense 11 years, or however they calculate it. I would guess you'd have to mess up pretty frequently or pretty seriously to erase all of that 15% good behavior time. 

• Upvote 5

• nelliebelle1197 locked and unlocked this topic
  • nelliebelle1197 locked this topic