IGNORED

Josh and Anna 57: Singing the I'm Stuck in the SHU Blues

Coconut Flan

17 minutes ago, OHFL2009 said:

I would guess you'd have to mess up pretty frequently or pretty seriously to erase all of that 15% good behavior time. 

Smuggar: "CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!"

• Haha 35
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, Antipatriarch said:

Seems like the devil is chiseling gargoyles for the fortress in Josh’s heart right now. 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 20

On 7/15/2023 at 2:05 AM, FluffySnowball said:

Seems like the devil is chiselling gargoyles for the fortress in Josh’s heart right now. 

another possible thread title lol 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 9
  • Thank You 1

In fairness, given the choice of living with JB or under his authority at least, I might try to get more prison time too. Hey, guards, I’m sharing commissary. Another 3 months away from daddyo? Please?!

• Upvote 8

I imagine somewhere along the line Jim Bob had Anna sign an NDA and writing a tell all isn't a real possibility. IANAL so I don't know the rules, but spousal privilege may apply to certain things. 

Jim Bob has dealt with and paid lawyers and various PR people a ton from all of Josh's scandals. Jim Bob or Michelle had to know they legally had to get it so Anna couldn't talk or really walk away, and got it in a legal format where is she chose to say screw it I'm going to do my own thing she probably will be in violation of whatever legal agreement was reached and she'd owe big money to the Duggars. 

• Upvote 3

On 7/14/2023 at 5:05 PM, FluffySnowball said:

Seems like the devil is chiseling gargoyles for the fortress in Josh’s heart right now. 

New thread title !!! That’s brilliant!!!!! N

• Thank You 1

On 7/14/2023 at 11:58 AM, Antipatriarch said:

Sadly yes. I just hope his rule breaking doesn’t involve looking up more child sexual abuse images and creating more victims.

• I Agree 12
  • Love 1

12 hours ago, ifosterkittens said:

IANAL so I don't know the rules, but spousal privilege may apply to certain things. 

IANAL either, but as I understand it: Spousal privilege means Anna can't be forced to reveal things that would incriminate Josh, but I don't think it prevents her from choosing to do so voluntarily.

But I doubt she would in any case. Personally I'd be shocked to see a tell-all book or even a social media post dishing private stuff, even if there were no legal consequences... given that she hasn't already despite all that has happened.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Antipatriarch said:

But I doubt she would in any case. Personally I'd be shocked to see a tell-all book or even a social media post dishing private stuff, even if there were no legal consequences... given that she hasn't already despite all that has happened.

Perhaps one of the M kids will give us a tell all.

• Upvote 9

I'm still holding out the little shred of hope for Jenny.  Come on, kid, bring your guinea pig and come work at my vet clinic.  I'll support your dreams!

• Upvote 14
  • Love 4

I agree that JB has almost certainly forced all adult children and spouses to sign legally binding agreements. Is there a loophole legally speaking with NDAs? Can one speak to a therapist, lawyer or police officer if they have signed one? Anna owes the public nothing and doesn’t need to release a tell-all but could she talk to someone if she ever gets to the point of being able to accept help? Surely to goodness there must be support groups for families who have a spouse, parent, sibling etc doing time for sexual offences. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Expectopatronus said:

Is there a loophole legally speaking with NDAs? Can one speak to a therapist, lawyer or police officer if they have signed one?

IANAL so not sure of all the legal stuff, but because of HIPPA I think a lot of what could be discussed by an adult in a therapy session with an actual licensed therapist would be protected. There may be exceptions for admissions of crimes against children and elder abuse. 

If you retain a lawyer, they are obligated to maintain confidentiality, and in most cases only the person who retained the lawyer can waive attorney client privilege not the attorney. There may be some exceptions, but privilege is taken incredibly seriously. 

No one is obligated to talk to the police at any time. You can't lie to the police, but you don't have to talk to them. 

I believe one of the legal commentators I listened to said if a person is subpoenaed to testify in court an NDA does not supersede the subpoena. 

• Upvote 2

On 7/17/2023 at 10:58 PM, GuineaPigCourtship said:

I'm still holding out the little shred of hope for Jenny.  Come on, kid, bring your guinea pig and come work at my vet clinic.  I'll support your dreams!

What is the story about Jenny and the Guinea pig?

30 minutes ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

Just that she has one, and at one time, several years ago, she expressed a desire to be a vet. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, marmalade said:

Just that she has one, and at one time, several years ago, she expressed a desire to be a vet. 

Hopefully she’ll look at Derrick and Jill and notice pursuing education, while hard work and expensive, can lead to a better life. 

I remember Hannie as a child jumping from bed to bed talking about wanting to be a doctor. I hope she also gets to follow her dreams, even if they’re different now.

Edited by Father Son Holy Goat
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5

On 7/19/2023 at 12:36 AM, Father Son Holy Goat said:

I've always loved guinea pigs, so I had a soft spot for Jenny after I found out she had a guinea pig that she really loved.  This was several years ago so probably long dead in that family, but my childhood heart would have found a kindred spirit in her for that reason alone.  Plus, yeah, she said she wanted to be a vet which her family is definitely not setting her up for.  

• Love 5

• Coconut Flan locked and unlocked this topic

I am currently in Mississippi visiting family. Watching TV and a political ad against Chris McDaniel just came on. They used Josh Duggars support and friendship against him. Complete with jail bars and the word pedophile slapped across a picture of Josh. My husband thought I was insane as I was laughing. 

• Upvote 22
  • Haha 4
  • Love 11

1 hour ago, CrimsonChihuahua said:

I am currently in Mississippi visiting family. Watching TV and a political ad against Chris McDaniel just came on. They used Josh Duggars support and friendship against him. Complete with jail bars and the word pedophile slapped across a picture of Josh. My husband thought I was insane as I was laughing. 

how I love this...

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 6

4 hours ago, CrimsonChihuahua said:

May we see many more lovely ads like this in the future.

• Upvote 9
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 1

Took some digging but I found it, thanks @CrimsonChihuahua

Josh Duggar is serving time in prison, not jail, True Conservatives Mississippi PAC.

Edited by shesinsane
grammar
  • Upvote 5
  • Thank You 6

2 hours ago, shesinsane said:

Josh Duggar is serving time in prison, not jail, True Conservatives Mississippi PAC.

Is that DeSantis towards the end?

On 7/26/2023 at 5:39 PM, shesinsane said:

bahhahaahahaa oh I live in Mississippi and this is great.

• Upvote 4

I might be weird but I don’t really like smear campaign ads. They tell me nothing about the opposition’s platform, don’t address key issues and just feel like they’re taking cheap shots. I don’t live in the US so I have no idea who Chris McDaniel is or what harm he has caused the state. 
My province is heading to the polls this fall and the current government is so awful that the opposition almost doesn’t need to campaign. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4

1 hour ago, Expectopatronus said:

I might be weird but I don’t really like smear campaign ads. They tell me nothing about the opposition’s platform, don’t address key issues and just feel like they’re taking cheap shots.

I agree in general I'm not a fan of smear campaign ads, but I will make an exception for one that smears the Duggars. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 6

On 7/26/2023 at 6:39 PM, shesinsane said:

Yeah, makes me wonder if did they really did not want to use the word “prison” or simply were clueless of the difference. I hate that it says he’s in jail, it sounds much less punitive for his crimes. To say he’s in prison is much more impactful and they shoulda gone with that. 

• Upvote 5

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic