IGNORED

Lori Alexander 82: The only dissenting voice allowed is her own

18 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

However, I don't expect every Christian to bring that up whenever adoption is mentioned. Trauma is not the kind of thing that people talk about easily. You can certainly talk about adoption without making an obligatory mention that it began with trauma. 

I agree. I'm specifically thinking of some people I've known well and with whom I've had multiple conversations that never go beyond the wonderfulness of adoption. And certainly in some cases,  the trauma of separation and then adoption spares a child a lifetime of daily trauma.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

I fully expect Lori to stay in Door County  until after Labor Day

Unless the smoke from the fires in Canada chase her back to southern California. Otherwise, I'm sure you're right--she's used to at least two solid months in Wisconsin, often more than that if some of the past years are any indication. All while telling young, near-poverty-stricken mothers that vacations are akin to sin. :my_dodgy:

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

23 minutes ago, Loveday said:

Unless the smoke from the fires in Canada chase her back to southern California. Otherwise, I'm sure you're right--she's used to at least two solid months in Wisconsin, often more than that if some of the past years are any indication. All while telling young, near-poverty-stricken mothers that vacations are akin to sin. :my_dodgy:

She won't have any idea what to do about any smoke, unless Ken directs her about it. Remember she had to call one of her sons (or sons-in-law, I can't remember) to ask what to do when a literal fire was heading toward her house?

Apparently a penis is required to be able to figure out to quickly grab any critical necessities (and I'm thinking important papers, medications and pets, here, not black salve and slimy salads) and drive away from the direction of the fire!

Lori is so stupid that if she wasn't actively harming other people I might feel sorry for her. 

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 5

26 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

She won't have any idea what to do about any smoke, unless Ken directs her about it. Remember she had to call one of her sons (or sons-in-law, I can't remember) to ask what to do when a literal fire was heading toward her house?

Apparently a penis is required to be able to figure out to quickly grab any critical necessities (and I'm thinking important papers, medications and pets, here, not black salve and slimy salads) and drive away from the direction of the fire!

Lori is so stupid that if she wasn't actively harming other people I might feel sorry for her. 

I'm so glad I have my husband and he's underfoot all the time retired, because I'm penis-less and would be doomed in an emergency situation. 🥴

If I recall correctly, there is no air conditioning at the Door County lake house, so she'll have to keep her windows open and fans going on warm days. The smoke will definitely affect her. I'm starting to think she might NOT stay there past Labor Day! 😆

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Loveday said:

I'm so glad I have my husband and he's underfoot all the time retired, because I'm penis-less and would be doomed in an emergency situation. 🥴

If I recall correctly, there is no air conditioning at the Door County lake house, so she'll have to keep her windows open and fans going on warm days. The smoke will definitely affect her. I'm starting to think she might NOT stay there past Labor Day! 😆

Eh. It's Lori. She'll either post something self-righteous about fresh air being more Godly than keeping comfortable in hot weather and how whatever homeopathic junk or organic food she's messing with keeps her from even smelling any smoke, or she'll badger Ken into installing a window unit in her bedroom. 

I'm in NC and we have had air quality alerts lately, and the air purifier in my living room yesterday evening read "23". A "2" is the lowest, indicating clean air.

• Sad 3
  • WTF 1

Wouldn’t it be ironic if Door County officials issued a mask mandate to protect residents and guests from the smoke?  I bet Lori would happily wear her vacation mask rather than come home early. 

• Haha 8
  • Love 1

So on Twitter today, Lori as lamenting the fact that another Christian influencer said that some Christian women are part of red pill movement and gave Lori as an example. 

so besides all the regular critics (us), most recently other conservative Christian writers and bloggers listed her as someone to "mark and avoid" and now more Christian folks are calling her out. 

At what point do Lori and Ken look in the mirror and start to think, "maybe it's me and my approach?"  But NAH...will never happen. They will continue to play the 'we are always right, and everyone else is always wrong' and 'persecution' card forever. 

They are reaping what they sowed.  

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 2

This did not happen in real life. This has never happened in real life.  In Lori's fever dream imagination ........ maybe.

I'm sure she would absolutely freaking love it if the whole plane erupted into cheers and cries of adulation. People showering her with flowers, blowing kisses at her.  Lori smiling and basking in all this knowing this is simply her right and due for her "ministry".

She was brought back to reality by the announcement "Fasten your seats belts and return your seats to an upright position."

Lori is definitely a red pill.  I venture she is also an incel with her ugly nasty hateful rantings and condemnations about women and teen age girls.

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 3

I think that is highly unlikely to have happened anywhere outside of Lori's imagination.

Not least because on a plane in the air the flight attendants are busy, and it's super difficult to hear anything. Like, I have no hearing issues and still find myself leaning in, reading lips, and asking them to repeat themselves so I can tell them I want two cups of water, please. 

(The second cup I drink half of and then use the rest of the water for watercolors, if that's how I'm amusing myself on the flight.)

• Upvote 7

But did Lori tell the flight attendant to quit her job, go home to Daddy, become a nanny and wait for a godly man to make her his wife? 

Or, heaven forbid if she's already married, to quit her job, go home, submit to the husband and start pumping out babies? 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 9

14 minutes ago, Foursquare said:

But did Lori tell the flight attendant to quit her job, go home to Daddy, become a nanny and wait for a godly man to make her his wife? 

Or, heaven forbid if she's already married, to quit her job, go home, submit to the husband and start pumping out babies? 

Of course she didn't! 

Nope! I don’t know her circumstances, and I never rebuke working women. I teach women who want to learn from me. She does!

And if you believe that...well, you know the rest of the cliche!:laughing-rolling:

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

“Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a legend (in her own mind) on board and we’d like you all to give her a warm welcome. INTRODUCING! THE ALWAYS LEARNING TRANSFORMED WIFE….LOOOOOOOORRRRRIIIII ALEXANDEERRRRRRR!”

*Plane erupts into boos and jeers. Lori gets bonked on the head with a bag of peanuts. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 11

I love how, in this fantasy, the flight attendant's eyes open wide with admiration and surprise. And how she addressed her as "Miss Lori." 

Lori gets treated with lots of respect in her own imagination.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 5

If the Canadian fires chase Lori out of Door Country, we all know whose fault it is. 

Feminism. They caused the fires and the smoke.

Also, the female firefighters must make God mad, so he'll send even more smoke their way. Those women should be at home, not putting out fires.

• Upvote 6

Lori had an FB post yesterday railing against women in competitive sports  (bad, bad, very bad). She made it clear that women in sports did it in order not to have children.

She was getting some push back comments from women who played sports/ worked out/ kept fit and from men who like athletic women.

No one had mentioned Alyssa's dance career/ yoga/ fitness routine when I was reading. Yet.

Within 24 hours Lori deleted all the comments. and the ability to post comments.  Post is still up though..

Lori Alexander "the only dissenting voice allowed is her own"  So true, so true.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

Yeah, I was waiting for someone to point out her daughter, who has had problems conceiving in the years since she was actively dancing. Not at all saying that was the cause of her issues, but it's just typical of Lori to post about athletic women in this way when there's one in her own family. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

I’d like to see actual stats to support this. I’m guessing if there are it’s because SAHMs don’t have income not because women spend money foolishly. But Lori certainly shouldn’t be calling this out. She loves to spend money. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

IMG_5473.jpeg.7eb85c276246a45001510bbe00c7131d.jpeg

• Eyeroll 6
  • Haha 1

But we do need $14 a pound organic butter to slather on our better-than-thou bread!! I mean - get serious, now!

• Haha 7
  • I Agree 1

I really don't know if Lori writes those posts to insult Alyssa and Erin (her DIL who makes and sells jewelry and whose hair is obviously cared by hairdressers). Sometimes I think she just wants to be mean. But other times, Lori reminds me of some rich women I know who critisize things their children do... because it's great if their posh children do it, but it's bad if "working class" do it.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4

2 hours ago, louisa05 said:

IMG_5473.jpeg.7eb85c276246a45001510bbe00c7131d.jpeg

Sounds like Lori is just mad that other people live differently. And yes, Lori, I do NEED, at a minimum, hair care products, makeup, clothing, shoes, a purse or tote bag, and hair cuts. I like my job and want to keep it, and no one wants me to show up naked, shoeless, with unkempt, dirty hair, carrying my work issued laptop in the rain. 

And if I want to be promoted, it's probably for the best if I occasionally get my nails done, buy my coworker a $5 coffee, have more than one outfit, and color my hair. Is it fair? Not really. But this is the world I live in and it's how I choose to survive. 

I could say all sorts of stuff about how miserable she is, and how most people aren't as ugly or mean as she is, or how she's unhygienic and stupid. But I won't because she tells everyone those things every time she posts. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

I absolutely *HATE* the old trope about men being prudent money managers and women being spendthrifts. My mom and her mother were the most efficient money managers I’ve ever met. They were both frugal and generous. As a kid in the ‘50s, I became irate when I saw women on sitcoms being frivolous with money—my mom never acted like that, and neither did any of the other moms I knew.

Lori, if my mom and grandma were still alive, I’m sure they’d have a few terse comments about your $14 butter and your million-dollar mini-mansion.

Also, @Maggie Mae, putting aside the necessity of earning a living in order to, well, stay alive: Lots of us thrive on being out there building careers and interacting with other adults. Lots of us feel *good* when we get our hair done, put on a nice outfit, and get a mani-pedi *that we pay for our own damn selves*. (I’m far from a fashionista and look like the opposite of a supermodel, but even on a modest retiree’s budget, I get a boost from getting my roots done, putting on something well-fitting and coordinated [from the comfiest clothes I’ve saved from my office years—I buy very little new these days], and getting my nails did every now and then.)

Edited by Hane
  • Upvote 7

Oh, don't get me wrong, @Hane, i absolutely feel better when dressed nicely, after going to the spa or gym, with a fresh mani pedi. I just sometimes think its completely unfair that women in the workplace are held to a different standard of personal appearance than men. I also am not super into working from home, and enjoy business lunches and walking downtown looking like a basic business bitch. 

Sometimes I think Lori is just jealous that she's not a hot yoga mom with an SUV and a latte, so she lashes out about "bad" that lifestyle is. Or maybe she was ostracized from the other moms in her neighborhood so she turned to religion and decided that she didn't want to be cool anyway. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

I suppose Lori is still in Door County. Hurricane Hilary is bearing down on San Diego, but she won't have to worry about what to pack for evacuation as she's already out of town. No rushing about throwing unnecessaries into a cosmetic bag and calling her son in a panic to come drive her away this time. :my_dodgy:

Now that I've mocked Lori and her purposeful helplessness, I will say to any Fj'ers in the path of Hilary that I hope and pray you stay safe and dry, and that your homes remain undamaged.❤️:group-hug:

• Upvote 5

• Coconut Flan locked this topic