IGNORED

Lori Alexander 82: The only dissenting voice allowed is her own

Thanks so much, @TN-peach!

I forgot how funny he could be!  Almost makes me want to go back to twitter. 
“Husbands and wives should obey and be subservient to their son’s coaches.” 😂

”Get up and walk out of church to the weight room.”

You tell her, Letterman!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Referencing the pastor, who’s friends with Lori’s daughter who’s getting married? - He’s one of the only men that I’ve ever known Laurie to openly criticize. She said that he’s difficult. My guess is that he is Pastor of a seeker  sensitive church. He wears skinny jeans and they probably have a live band with colored lights during the worship service. If it was somebody she looked up to as a pastor she would would never be openly critical. Somebody mentioned on Twitter last week that Lori said that he was difficult.

• Upvote 1

He hasn't really responded to her lately but I wonder if he will come back. 

Edited by TN-peach

On 7/7/2023 at 11:35 AM, Teaistheway said:

As the aunt of an adopted child, this infuriates me...fuck off Lori. Families come in all shapes and sizes and most are probably happier than yours.

If you're anti-abortion and anti-birth control, you should be pro-adoption. Since Lori is both, what does she think will happen to the children who are orphaned or unwanted? Where will they live?

At least be ideologically consistent, Lori.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

Lori and many many many leghumpers seem to think adoption is ... well...  sort of .....oooooo kay.  Better than abortion at any rate, although they don't exactly say that.

But adopted children, even in the most loving homes, will always always always have mental/ emotional problems as they weren't raised by the birth mother.  These children will always always always long for the birth mother even if they have never known her. It's innate. This longing will mess them up Forever. For. Ever.

There is nothing the parents can do but accept the fact their child is forever messed up and their life is forever blighted. For Ever.

There is the severely severe implication this is the co-fault of the mother for choosing to give her child up and the parents for choosing adoption instead of having their own child.

There is also the severely severe implication that adopted children aren't real children or grandchildren.

I'll bet cash money Lori treats Alyssa's second child differently than all her other grandchildren.

Edited by Red Hair, Black Dress
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

8 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

I'll bet cash money Lori treats Alyssa's second child differently than all her other grandchildren.

So much this. 

I really hope Alyssa keeps that child far away from Lori. 
How must Alyssa feel with Lori writing things like this?

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4

4 hours ago, kpmom said:

So much this. 

I really hope Alyssa keeps that child far away from Lori. 
How must Alyssa feel with Lori writing things like this?

I don’t think Alyssa pays attention.

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 1

On 7/7/2023 at 7:21 AM, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

And why you ask. It's because the child will be deprived of the mother, and long for the mother's breast, and therefore the child's whole life will be blighted. Forever. For Ever.

I’m going to need Lori to tel me if my life is blighted or not, ASAP. I was not adopted but I wasn’t breastfed. MANY of us born in the 1940s, 50s, and at least the early 60s, were not. So am I unblighted because I was raised by my birth parents or has my life been ruined because I unconsciously long for my mother’s breast? Who knew? Lori sure comes up with some ridiculous nonsense-and that particular fantasy has nothing to do with the Bible. Where does she get this stuff?

• Upvote 4

23 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Lori and many many many leghumpers seem to think adoption is ... well...  sort of .....oooooo kay.  Better than abortion at any rate, although they don't exactly say that.

But adopted children, even in the most loving homes, will always always always have mental/ emotional problems as they weren't raised by the birth mother.  These children will always always always long for the birth mother even if they have never known her. It's innate. This longing will mess them up Forever. For. Ever.

There is nothing the parents can do but accept the fact their child is forever messed up and their life is forever blighted. For Ever.

There is the severely severe implication this is the co-fault of the mother for choosing to give her child up and the parents for choosing adoption instead of having their own child.

There is also the severely severe implication that adopted children aren't real children or grandchildren.

So much for wanting women to choose adoption over abortion. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

4 hours ago, HoneyBunny said:

So much for wanting women to choose adoption over abortion. 

Their whole point is to punish women who have sex outside of marriage. That's it. The children are a convenient heart-tugger, but are truly incidental. People like Lori don't want women to place their children for adoption OR to have an abortion. They want them to suffer for the "sin" of getting pregnant outside a "godly" marriage. If the children suffer too? Oh well. That's on their mother. Those kids shouldn't exist, in their ideal world, so no need to be concerned about them... as if they are just hypothetical, not real actual living people. Some will trot out adoption as a last resort option, but what they really want is a theocracy where women keep their legs shut until they are married and are then stuck permanently with whatever man they ended up with. And any woman who doesn't toe that line gets to be punished. By having children. 

Men who don't wait until marriage? Eh. Boys will be boys, right?

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 9

Poor Auggie, such a cheerful cute toddler. I hope Alyssa looks for a babysitter and stops leaving her kids at Lori's house. I simply can't understand how they are in good terms.

• I Agree 2

4 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

Poor Auggie, such a cheerful cute toddler. I hope Alyssa looks for a babysitter and stops leaving her kids at Lori's house. I simply can't understand how they are in good terms.

Lori can’t "train" Alyssa’s daughter that must grind her gears.

• Upvote 1

On 7/12/2023 at 9:21 AM, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

It grinds my gears how many Christians talk about how great adoption is without also acknowledging that every adoption begins with trauma. I have a good friend in her 80s who gave up her baby for adoption 60 years ago. They have something of a relationship now,  but that child has struggled her whole life with that trauma.  My friend has suffered as well. Although adoption can bring so much joy to a family, it leaves grief in its wake.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

On 7/15/2023 at 9:17 PM, molecule said:

It grinds my gears how many Christians talk about how great adoption is without also acknowledging that every adoption begins with trauma. I have a good friend in her 80s who gave up her baby for adoption 60 years ago. They have something of a relationship now,  but that child has struggled her whole life with that trauma.  My friend has suffered as well. Although adoption can bring so much joy to a family, it leaves grief in its wake.

I absolutely agree that every adoption begins with some kind of trauma. 

However, I don't expect every Christian to bring that up whenever adoption is mentioned. Trauma is not the kind of thing that people talk about easily. You can certainly talk about adoption without making an obligatory mention that it began with trauma. 

This attitude can actually harm adoptive kids who are trying to bond with their birthparents. They don't need to hear the grownups mention their trauma whenever adoption is discussed. In fact it can be upsetting to them.

It's a private matter to them, and not something they want to hear discussed all the time. Particularly by people who have never adopted, but have "decided" that adoptive kids are traumatized. 

Also, not all birth parents are traumatized by putting a child up for adoption. I know several birth parents who feel quite positively about the whole thing (they are able to maintain contact with their child after the adoption).

Similarly, I hesitate tell adopted kids that they will  "struggle their whole life" with trauma. What a thing to say! Some will be more traumatized than others, some will seem just fine and deny any trauma at all. Some kids (mostly adopted out of foster care) are delighted to be away from their birth parents, who were abusive, constantly high or drunk, or neglectful.

I've known kids who want to be adopted more than anything else in the world, and are absolutely thrilled when they are. Remember, most adoptions in the US are older kids, not infants. Many have experienced plenty of trauma at the hands of the adults around them.

There's lots of ways to feel about this complex situation. But I don't believe all adoptive kids are destined to a life of struggling with trauma.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3

On 7/15/2023 at 6:13 PM, Melissa1977 said:

I don't think she watches Alyssa's kids as much as Cassie's.  She ALAWYS has Cassie's kids even before the arrival of the 6th baby (which by the picture looks like it was a girl, so she now has 5 girls and one boy).  And you know she's not done. If Cassie isn't pregnant again already, she will be very soon. 

• Upvote 2

On 7/13/2023 at 1:55 AM, Letgo said:

’m going to need Lori to tel me if my life is blighted or not, ASAP. I was not adopted but I wasn’t breastfed.

Huh.  I have five kids and I have one hundred per cent of the time never discussed with them if they were breast or bottle fed and they have never asked.  Soooo....are they longing or are they satisfied or what?  Conundrum.  

• Haha 7

8 minutes ago, SweetLaurel said:

Huh.  I have five kids and I have one hundred per cent of the time never discussed with them if they were breast or bottle fed and they have never asked.  Soooo....are they longing or are they satisfied or what?  Conundrum.  

Schrödinger’s breast?

• Haha 11

Alyssa was obsessed with nursing her adopted baby. She was pumping for months. After the failed first adoption, she quit pumping and was extremely frustrated and emotional about it. Then, she bottlefeed her daughter.

Because the above, I find Lori's words more cruel than usual. I know Alyssa follows very fundie churches too, but I hope one day she realises how toxic her mother is.

• Upvote 3

LazyLori is officially on vacation. She posted pics of a plane wing and John Denver’s Leaving on a Jet Plane (she’s a clever one, she is). Watch out Door County, the only place Lazy Lori can actually do less than she does at home. Let’s home Ken doesn’t get hospitalized so that’s it’s very obvious that LazyLori doesn’t visit him there. 

• Upvote 4

43 minutes ago, HoneyBunny said:

LazyLori is officially on vacation. She posted pics of a plane wing and John Denver’s Leaving on a Jet Plane (she’s a clever one, she is). Watch out Door County, the only place Lazy Lori can actually do less than she does at home. Let’s home Ken doesn’t get hospitalized so that’s it’s very obvious that LazyLori doesn’t visit him there. 

It's a little late in the season for her to be heading to Door Co, isn't it? She must have waited for her daughter to give birth first, although family situations haven't really stopped her before, that I know of. I wonder if she'll extend her time there to make up for it.:my_dodgy:

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, SongRed7 said:

I don't think she watches Alyssa's kids as much as Cassie's.  She ALAWYS has Cassie's kids even before the arrival of the 6th baby (which by the picture looks like it was a girl, so she now has 5 girls and one boy).  And you know she's not done. If Cassie isn't pregnant again already, she will be very soon. 

Is Cassie Lori’s daughter or DIL?

I ask because I remember when Lori was crowing about one of her sons marrying his very own “Duggar girl”.  That’s how she worded it. 

I’m wondering if that was Cassie. 

19 minutes ago, kpmom said:

Is Cassie Lori’s daughter or DIL?

I ask because I remember when Lori was crowing about one of her sons marrying his very own “Duggar girl”.  That’s how she worded it. 

I’m wondering if that was Cassie. 

No, Cassie is Lori's youngest. She always seemed the most beaten down, emotionally. She seems like a sad and insecure woman.

She has very long hair and ALWAYS poses for photos with her hair pushed forward.  I know that doesnt' mean much, but it always seemed so desperately insecure to me. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

Cassie is Lori’s daughter.

Nothing will budge Lori from the comforts of Door County—not her husband’s hospitalization, not her mother’s deathbed.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic