IGNORED

Lori Alexander 82: The only dissenting voice allowed is her own

On 9/24/2023 at 10:55 AM, Pammy said:

Yikes! The wedding Lori is attending this weekend is a totally screwed up "romantic" story of two people making absurd decisions that have every potential to backfire and make everyone miserable.

1) "About a year ago" a young woman, employed as a travel nurse, began living with Lori and Ken for work. She's the sister of one of Lori's daughters in law.

Did Lori publish this timeline somewhere? I'm block from IG and FB so I can't see it. Screen shots?

• Upvote 2

Wow. The follow up info on the groom is *dark*!

I guess lots of you knew about this situation as it was developing, but the fed flags thrown up by the 'love story' narrative sure were pointing to some genuine issues. Even the timeline of the relationship was mentioned on a critque blog as the "standard" timeline for dating and marriage in his former "ministry" to teens and young adults -- specifically and exactly: 4 months dating, then engagement, married in 6 months and (according to the 'standard' timeline) a baby in 12 months.

And it is a "homeschooling" situation. With special diet(s) to be catered for, and kids with various health conditions. And covid / vaccination denialism.

I'm so appalled.

Edited to add: I *do* blame Lori with a portion of the responsibility for this match up. Sure, this guy must be genuinely really charming and charismatic -- otherwise none of his shenanigans would have worked up to this point. But there's no way an educated professional nurse goes down the at-home-or-it's-blasphemy / total-subservience pathway without at least some reservations or second-guessing. Right or wrong, I'm crediting the fact that she was living in a house with Lori as a partial cause for her setting aside common sense and self-preservation so thoroughly. If the bride-to-be had any urge for a late-night chat over what felt good and bad about a potential domestic future with a jackass, all she had was Lori to turn to. That wasn't safe. (I bet Lori would agree that she deserves some 'credit' for this relationship. I wonder if she will brag about it some more and tell us exactly the role she played.)

Edited by Pammy
  • Upvote 2

15 hours ago, Pammy said:

But there's no way an educated professional nurse goes down the at-home-or-it's-blasphemy / total-subservience pathway without at least some reservations or second-guessing.

Speculation bus  here, but I'm guessing because she's a bit "older" and not married off at 21 or 22, she was feeling some pressure to get married or risk being an "old maid" so she jumped at the first chance. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3

9 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

@Pammy I don't think Lori is to blame here. I think the young crew (Alyssa& co) have had much more influence in this case. 

And who raised the younger crew? (When the nanny wasn't with them, anyway.)

Also, she was LIVING WITH LORI? Holy crapola. Can you imagine being a working woman, on a work assignment, living with that hypocritical bitter mean old shrew? And with Ken? 

Honestly I generally try to be a very laid back, serene, what will be will be, calm person. But I think if I had to live with Lori and Ken for more than a day, especially being a working woman (specifically a health care professional, who Lori denigrates every chance she gets), I'd probably end up featured on all your favorite True Crime podcasts before long. 

And to be honest I wouldn't be surprised if this woman does too at some point. With that husband, and that many kids, and more red flags than red hats at a MAGA rally? Shades of Chris Coleman, Matt Baker, MIke Tabb... there are so many pastors and religious men who have murdered their wives that it's not even notable, apparently, as half those guys don't even merit Wikipedia pages. And then there are the women like Paula Yates. Or the Turpin's, or 8 Passengers. It's so damaging to live like that. 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Alisamer said:

And who raised the younger crew? (When the nanny wasn't with them, anyway.)

Also, she was LIVING WITH LORI? Holy crapola. Can you imagine being a working woman, on a work assignment, living with that hypocritical bitter mean old shrew? And with Ken? 

I just can’t comprehend why she chose to live with Lori and Ken in the first place. I get that maybe she saw it as a free(?) living situation while she fulfilled her contracts. But, after a few….hours…she had to realize “These people are nuts.”  I can’t figure out what the appeal was in staying with them. 

And I REALLY can’t figure out how she fell for her new husband. I do think she appeared really uncomfortable in the video clips Alyssa shared on IG. She strikes me as someone who is not comfortable in the limelight.  I really worry about her emotional and physical well being. 

• Upvote 7

LazyLori is on a roll today.  So much to snark about. I had to stay away from her for a month or so, when my mom was on hospice and dying. It felt like such a betrayal of her (who was so good and kind and loved everyone) to sully the hospice room with the likes of LazyLori’s preaching. But she’s welcoming me back with a good Xer day. 

Doesn’t she always preach that women are easily deceived? She is Exhibit A for that line of thought. 

IMG_0519.png

IMG_0518.png

IMG_0520.png

I waited a day too long to snag this one, because her original story is gone. She showed a pic of her kitchen with dishesnpiles up after her son’s family visited (we know it was for the wedding). I guess her son and daughter in law learned well from LazyLori, who admitted she would take her kids to Door County and dump their care on her mother. (She claimed she used to be a “taker”). Looks like her kids have no trouble leaving her with the mess of caring for their families too. 

IMG_0521.png

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

Is Lori critisizing the people who watch Barbie movie? Alyssa watched it and took pictures with her friends in the "Barbie box".

1 hour ago, usmcmom said:

I just can’t comprehend why she chose to live with Lori and Ken in the first place. I get that maybe she saw it as a free(?) living situation while she fulfilled her contracts. But, after a few….hours…she had to realize “These people are nuts.”  I can’t figure out what the appeal was in staying with them

Her own parents are probably as nuts as Lori. 

• Upvote 3

17 hours ago, usmcmom said:

And I REALLY can’t figure out how she fell for her new husband. I do think she appeared really uncomfortable in the video clips Alyssa shared on IG. She strikes me as someone who is not comfortable in the limelight.

I agree. she looks awkward and uncomfortable. Maybe she's just used to being a "behind the scenes" person or perhaps it's something more.  I don't think she's a "curated IG California Christian girl influencer"  type like Alyssa, her pal Tenley and even the late Paige Hilken are/were.   For a while she tried to create a brand called "Birthwise" or something like that where she gave out advice based on being an OB nurse -- but it was only half hearted and she never kept up with it. 

I also think she lived with Lori and Ken because it is WAY too expensive in California and her parents knew K&L so it was convenient. 

16 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

Is Lori critisizing the people who watch Barbie movie? Alyssa watched it and took pictures with her friends in the "Barbie box".

I think a lot of Lori's criticism of young women have to do with Alyssa and her friends. Alyssa and Tenley recently went to the wedding of a friend who goes by the name Coach Krystal online. I didn't know who she was and went down the rabbit hole. She was a former cast member on The Bachelor (a show Lori loves to hate) and apparently married someone she met on the show in a quicky wedding, got divorced a couple months later, met someone else, had a baby outside of marriage with him, and eventually married him recently. (baby is now 2 I think).  Apparently Jon (Alyssa's husband) officiated at the wedding.  

I'm not shaming Krystal, but she ticks all the boxes of things Lori preaches against. (divorce, fornication, baby out of wedlock, multiple weddings)   As I went down the rabbit hole I looked at Krystal's public IG page (she's also "an influencer" of course!) and there was a video from her bridal shower which includes Alyssa. One of the games they played included someone throwing hotdogs at each bridesmaid's face and they tried to catch  the hotdogs with their mouths.   Krystal even labeled the video with a warning: "I hope my grandmother doesn't watch this."

Again, it looks like they were having fun, but I can only imagine what Lori would think of this "less-than-meek-and modest"  game.  I just don't get the whole "California Christian girl IG" culture. The don't dress particularly modestly according to Lori's standards (low cut, tight, leggings, cropped tops, etc) 

II think this is exactly where Lori gets her inspiration. 

Edited by SongRed7
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

I do think much of Lori's derision is aimed at Alyssa, who seems to just let it roll off her back which annoys Lori even more. I wouldn't be surprised if Alyssa didn't deliberately do some things just to spite Lori. I certainly would if I was stuck with that hellish harridan as my mother. 

Lori is wealthy enough financially to not be in the position to go all high and mighty about "being rich in spirit" or whatever. She is only rich in hypocrisy and hatefulness. And to be honest probably also jealousy mixed with a bit of racism. Like, I am NOT one to say "any criticism of a person of color about anything is racism" - quite the opposite. But I think it's a bit telling that Lori is doubling down on criticizing Beyoncé in this situation (when she is a Christian who has been married for years and has kids just like Lori prefers) rather than playing "what about" going after Taylor Swift instead, since she's the unmarried working woman who would rather hang with her cats than be in a bad relationship, it seems. 

And how does she know Beyoncé is rarely with her kids? She's got the kind of job you can work around the kids' schedule and is a big enough star to choose what she does and when. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 6

I think the recent wedding-fiasco has landed Lori's household squarely into Covid. A few days ago Ken 'had a cough' and Lori made him magical-thinking honey and berry syrup. Today she mentions having had 'so many' people sick in her home -- which must be the recent houseguests for the wedding week, because otherwise there's not a lot of people in that home. Today Lori "is still so fatigued" but made Ken some martyr-baked bread. (I'm sure Ken would have been fine with store bought bread... but considering the data points, it's probably best if Lori stays out of the grocery store.)

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

On 9/28/2023 at 6:17 PM, Pammy said:

I think the recent wedding-fiasco has landed Lori's household squarely into Covid. A few days ago Ken 'had a cough' and Lori made him magical-thinking honey and berry syrup. Today she mentions having had 'so many' people sick in her home -- which must be the recent houseguests for the wedding week, because otherwise there's not a lot of people in that home. Today Lori "is still so fatigued" but made Ken some martyr-baked bread. (I'm sure Ken would have been fine with store bought bread... but considering the data points, it's probably best if Lori stays out of the grocery store.)

I think her household is far sicker far more often than she ever lets on. She’s so worried about the dangers of seed oils and vaccines that some of the heavy hitting items- too much saturated fat, no sun protection, limiting exposure to airborne germs, reckless hand washing- that are non invasive deterrents to illnesses are totally ignored. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

Yesterday, Lori informs us all that:

These are topics that I have decided I am no longer going to write posts about nor debate. Women, even women who claim the name of Christ, get far too fired up about them (even cruel at times), and it's not productive in my opinion.

Halloween

Christmas

Sleep training

Family bed

Number of children you have

Using non-abortive birth control

Wearing only dresses

Headcovering

This afternoon's post? 

When I was in elementary school, my mom made my sisters and me witch costumes. She had no idea we were to have nothing to do with witches/witchcraft. It's playing with the Devil. We weren't witches nor did we play with witchcraft, but don't allow your children to have anything to do with it.

🥴

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 8

On Friday Lying Lori said she was not ever never ever going to discuss Halloween again.

On Sat she writes about her mother making her and her sisters witch costumes.  But oh no she wasn't discussing Halloween.  Lori didn't write the word Halloween.  Oh no she wasn't writing about Halloween..

Goodness no. Never. She was just warning women about witches and witchcraft because it's exploding everywhere, and women need to know about the danger.

So what did Lori's leghumper fangirls comment about?  3 guesses and the first 3 don't count.  Why they wrote about Halloween and how evil and satanic it is, and all the child sacrifices that take place on Halloween, and how they never ever let their children celebrate Halloween, and never even walk down the aisle in the grocery store that has costumes and candy because it's so evil and satanic and can influence one to worship Satan.

But Lori isn't discussing Halloween. Nosirreebob. Nope. No. Not Lori . She's just warning women of the danger of exploding witchcraft.

Liar Liar Lying Lori's pants on fire.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

On 9/28/2023 at 7:17 PM, Pammy said:

And of course they would not have sought out a covid test; so, they (if they had it) would have spread it to so many others. 

I wonder if Alyssa’s friend, Tenley, was at the wedding. She has been on IG talking about a cold she just can’t shake. 

• Upvote 7

If y'all haven't heard of Sheila Wray Gregoire you have got to check out her Bare Marriage page on FB. She totally called Lori out last week without naming her. Sheila blasted on her insistence on obligation sex. It was great.  

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 4

34 minutes ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

If y'all haven't heard of Sheila Wray Gregoire you have got to check out her Bare Marriage page on FB. She totally called Lori out last week without naming her. Sheila blasted on her insistence on obligation sex. It was great.  

Sheila is pretty awesome, especially when she's calling out Lori. And I love how she blocked out Lori's name and photo on that post, but left juuuuuussssst enough that we could tell exactly who it is she's talking about! 🤣

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 4

Kenny Boy must be looking at women in thongs and bikinis again.

Today Lori is up in arms about women in throngs and bikinis everywhere. She calls them harlots and says it's not OK with Lori God to go where harlots "hang out". She asks the leghumper fangirls if they're OK with their husbands seeing such things.

I'm not sure exactly where harlots hang out as Lori doesn't specify, but it seems to be everywhere, all the time. Or at least whenever Lori/ Ken is around.

• Upvote 6

17 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Today Lori is up in arms about women in throngs and bikinis everywhere. She calls them harlots and says it's not OK with Lori God to go where harlots "hang out". She asks the leghumper fangirls if they're OK with their husbands seeing such things.

I'm not sure exactly where harlots hang out as Lori doesn't specify, but it seems to be everywhere, all the time. Or at least whenever Lori/ Ken is around.

She’s all fired up about it today! My guess is Kenny boy, too, or else one of her daughters caught her husband’s eye straying and mentioned it to mom. 

• Upvote 5

21 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

On Friday Lying Lori said she was not ever never ever going to discuss Halloween again.

On Sat she writes about her mother making her and her sisters witch costumes.  But oh no she wasn't discussing Halloween.  Lori didn't write the word Halloween.  Oh no she wasn't writing about Halloween..

Goodness no. Never. She was just warning women about witches and witchcraft because it's exploding everywhere, and women need to know about the danger.

So what did Lori's leghumper fangirls comment about?  3 guesses and the first 3 don't count.  Why they wrote about Halloween and how evil and satanic it is, and all the child sacrifices that take place on Halloween, and how they never ever let their children celebrate Halloween, and never even walk down the aisle in the grocery store that has costumes and candy because it's so evil and satanic and can influence one to worship Satan.

But Lori isn't discussing Halloween. Nosirreebob. Nope. No. Not Lori . She's just warning women of the danger of exploding witchcraft.

Liar Liar Lying Lori's pants on fire.

Lying Lori lies again. Unsurprising.

I mean she's technically not wrong, witchcraft is having a bit of a renaissance at the moment. Not the sort of witchcraft she's thinking of, with satanic stuff and all that. Not even the organized Wiccan kind, really. But more the sort that tends to be a feminine space (though not excluding or exclusive) with a focus on personal strength, caring for yourself and doing things with intention... often also with a heavy emphasis on nature. 

I can see why people like Lori, who seem to think the more miserable you are on earth the better heaven will be for you, might find that scary even if they bothered to look into it and see it's not evil satanic stuff. It's got a focus on being present, being intentional, connections with nature and the earth, accepting and being who you are, and using your personal energy for good. The concepts of "do no harm" and "whatever you put out in the universe comes back to you three-fold" I think are more along the organized religion line, but still are kind of incorporated. 

Imagine all of Lori's nasty bitterness coming back to her three fold! She'd deserve it.

39 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

I really think it's Lori who is the one noticing the thongs and bikinis. She probably then points them out to Ken so she's justified in feeling all upset about her husband seeing them. I'm sure Ken looks at them, but is probably at least attempting to be casual about it. Lori is the one who has to be up in other people's business. Ken only jumps in when Lori needs a white knight. 

• Upvote 4

Here at FJ some (many) of us have long suspected that it's Lori who finds the thongs and bikinis ... ummmm ... shall we say ... interesting.

She brings it up regularly that they are everywhere when she and Ken do their daily beach walk. Lori frequently says she wants to paddle their bottoms for being so naked.

Lori ... here's the thing, if it upsets you so much, then walk somewhere else.

If Ken is openly droolingly oggling the women, speak to him directly and tell him it upsets you.

I agree with @Alisamer though that he probably sees them and keeps walking. It's Lori that's all bent out of shape about the nakedness of those "harlots".

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 6

5 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

If Ken is openly droolingly oggling the women, speak to him directly and tell him it upsets you.

I agree with @Alisamer though that he probably sees them and keeps walking. It's Lori that's all bent out of shape about the nakedness of those "harlots".

This is  definitely all Lori. And if it is Ken as well, then he's got more problems. They are just sex obsessed weirdos.  I live in a beach state on the East Coast. We have regularly gone to the beach for the 33 years of our marriage. Before kids, with kids and now we are empty nesters.  First of all, unless California is strange there aren't that many women wearing thongs on our beaches and they are crowded!. I'll see one occasionally, but it's very rare. Most folks dress for comfort.  You see people of all ages and sizes. and guess what?  My husband doesn't notice ANYONE. We are just enjoying the water, sun and sand. And no one else seems to be noticing anyone else either.  What I will notice once in a while is some large DUDE with a tiny suit, but hey if he's fine with it so be it. 

Sorry to be crude, but I don't see dudes on the beach getting hard ons because there are gals with bikinis and what not.  People know how to control themselves and mind their own business.   I  don't feel threatened or concerned that my husband is on the same beach with 20-year old in bikinis. He's not an asshole and I trust him. 

Lori acts like it's some sort of almost orgy happening because of bathing suits.  So again, all of these terrible beach happenings and debauchery is a figment  of Lori's imagination or Ken has a real problem and isn't safe around anyone. Beaches or anywhere. 

Why or why does Lori have to make something of nothing. 

She posted earlier today on twitter: "So what if we have to give up our TVs, watching movies, going to beaches, and everything else that promotes and celebrates all types of ungodliness! We are pilgrims and strangers on this earth just passing through. Our treasures are in heaven. We don’t participate in nor be entertained by the evil pleasures of this world."

I swear she is already agoraphobic and now she has more reasons to never, ever, ever leave her house. 

Edited by SongRed7
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

22 minutes ago, SongRed7 said:

I swear she is already agoraphobic and now she has more reasons to never, ever, ever leave her house.

Not gonna lie: I fail to see this as a bad thing. She is a repellent human being and I can't imagine meeting her is a pleasant experience for most people.

• Upvote 10

• Coconut Flan locked this topic