IGNORED

Lori Alexander 82: The only dissenting voice allowed is her own

On 10/14/2023 at 7:20 PM, SongRed7 said:

Lori recently posted a picture of twitter of herself in a recliner with all of Cassi's kids laying all over her...even the baby. Lori mentioned in her recent  tiktok video that she watched he grandchildren for a couple days  recently.  Even the youngest two are are both still babies.  I think we all speculated/determined that Lori watched Cassi's children A LOT  because Cassi indeed works (it says on her husband's professional website that she is the office manager and splits time at home and in the office).  I thought according to Lori that it was imperative that a mother spend the majority/all her time with her children so they would be mental stable?

Lori sure watches them a lot. If Cassi can't handle her brood alone, she should stop having one a year. More power to them if they want a big family, but it seems to be all about sex (always the sex)  pregnancy and childbirth.

I think the key here is it's Cassi's kids. Cassi is likely the "good" daughter. Follows mama's strictures (enough to not piss Lori off, anyway), has lots of babies to make Lori look like a happy grandmother of many who raise proper Godly babymaking children, and doesn't seem to have been put off by Lori's terrible parenting style enough to not let her around the kids unsupervised. 

I think Lori probably does watch Cassi's kids a lot. And the other grands occasionally. But I suspect that Ken is likely around also for at least part of it, Lori probably complains to Ken about anything the grandkids do she dislikes, and that she probably isn't any better to them than she was to her own kids. And I have no doubt it's all conditional. Piss Lori off and you've lost your babysitting privileges. 

Lori isn't one to help people freely. She keeps the kids because she likes looking like a good grandma, and probably because she knows her kids are the ones who'll pick what home to stick her in when she finally goes too batshit for them to manage. Also as awful as Ken is, I get the impression he's a bit better at acting like a human than Lori is, so he probably also influences her choices. 

She'll help her kids with their grandkids, but I think it is probably conditional, and because it benefits her image as a "godly older woman". 

She was raised as a spoiled boy-crazy brat, apparently, and grew into a bitter old harridan who enjoys making other people miserable and stepping on others to build herself up.

• Upvote 9

Also, Lori's wrong about there being no computers in 1980. There certainly were! They were just big and clumsy and too hard for her to use (though more intelligent students certainly could). 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Jackie3 said:

Also, Lori's wrong about there being no computers in 1980. There certainly were! They were just big and clumsy and too hard for her to use (though more intelligent students certainly could). 

Yea the filled entire rooms well before 1980. How did she think we got to the moon? Or is that just a lie Obama is guilty of spreading 

3 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

Lori's wrong about there being no computers in 1980. There certainly were! They were just big and clumsy

Most of them were, yes, but the small hobbyist computers took off in the late 70s (Radio Shack, Apple, etc.). Home computers were still pretty rare in 1980, but a relative in my extended family got his first home computer around then, when he was still in school.

One of his teachers told him he could use a typewriter to write his English paper, but he couldn't use his computer... she thought that would mean the computer would write the paper for him. :pb_lol: Most people in those days saw computers as these mystical things, probably from their depiction in TV and movies.

(Now, of course, teachers and professors are in fact having to deal with ChatGPT et al writing the student's paper for them.)

• Upvote 3

Whining letter to mom, first pot roast she’s cooked in 42 years…yes, we’ve seen all sorts of skeletons in LazyLori’s closet this week. Something is definitely wrong in the Alexander house.

IMG_0577.thumb.png.f3e23501ba80c502e48817e4e3741869.png

Edited by HoneyBunny
  • Upvote 4

In answer to all the women (probably only 2) that write Lori and ask what to do with a cheating husband -- Lori posted a video. Link in her blog

To keep my FJers from having to watch it,  I did it for you:

1)  What did you do to drive him away? = Not give hims sex all the time? Messy house? Not cook his favorite foods? Be quarrelsome?  Come on all  you terrible wives  -- you know it's All. Your. Fault.  You did something to drive him away. Change everything about yourself .... AND ..... Be more submissive.

2).  He's on the edge of Hell ( because of you) = Pray harder all the time for him. Be more submissive. Win him without a word.

3)  Find a godly older woman with a good marriage and ask her advice = Listen to Lori and do what she says

4)  If you really really really feel physically unsafe you can leave for safety = But you really really really have to be unsafe to do this.

5)  If you do everything Lori says and he leaves, divorces you and remarries then you are free to remarry = But Lori isn't very happy about this answer. Really  -- just pray harder, submit more, and give him lots of sex.

TL; DR -- It's all your fault. Because Lori God says so

Edited by Red Hair, Black Dress
  • Disgust 4
  • Thank You 3

Have we determined which Alexander DIL or daughter is soon to have the 17th grandchild?  I'm going to scratch Alyssa off the list.   I know there is speculation that Cassi is pregnant again because that's what she does. But are we sure it's not one of the DILs?

I was thinking Cassi until Lori mentioned somewhere that it will be soon. My guess is Emily. In some of her pics with her sister she wore a dress that had a higher waistline, perhaps hiding a baby bump.

BTW, it was mentioned that Lori appeared to have been a c**k tease in high school. I think she still is with all her male readers, who probably would love to have her as their "help meet."

• Haha 2
  • I Agree 1

Lori just posted a disgusting-looking pumpkin pie on her facebook. But what's really funny is this. In the comments, she states she uses the same dough for both her pizzas and her pie crusts. One of her leghumpers, forgetting herself, could not help but express surprise at this.  

I mean, pizza crust and pie dough--they're completely different animals. That piecrust must be just awful.

I think they pretend.

It seems from the comments that Lori uses her pizza crust recipe to make the pie crust. Which is just wrong on sooooooo many levels. I don't even like pumpkin pie, and that pie looks disgusting. (Now ask me about sweet potato pie . No -- they are not the same).

And really has Lori ever mentioned making pizza before?  I think not and highly doubt she actually does.

I firmly believe Ken "loves" the food she's showed lately because it's not the everlasting slimey BIG salad with salmonella dressing and her garbage water soup

I also firmly believe Ken has a secret snack drawer in his desk/ file cabinet full of all the things Lori disapproves of:  Spray cheese and crackers, Cheetos, Cheeze Its, Doritos (all the flavors), Pringles, BBQ potato chips, M&Ms, etc, etc, etc.  I bet cash money that drawer is locked and the key hidden.

• Upvote 4

36 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

I think they pretend.

It seems from the comments that Lori uses her pizza crust recipe to make the pie crust. Which is just wrong on sooooooo many levels. I don't even like pumpkin pie, and that pie looks disgusting. (Now ask me about sweet potato pie . No -- they are not the same).

And really has Lori ever mentioned making pizza before?  I think not and highly doubt she actually does.

I firmly believe Ken "loves" the food she's showed lately because it's not the everlasting slimey BIG salad with salmonella dressing and her garbage water soup

I also firmly believe Ken has a secret snack drawer in his desk/ file cabinet full of all the things Lori disapproves of:  Spray cheese and crackers, Cheetos, Cheeze Its, Doritos (all the flavors), Pringles, BBQ potato chips, M&Ms, etc, etc, etc.  I bet cash money that drawer is locked and the key hidden.

She posted the pie recipe. It’s with maple syrup. Sister-in-law— who believes the whole “sugar is more addictive than cocaine” and thinks coconut sugar, maple syrup, honey, etc…are not sugars at all— made it with maple syrup for thanksgiving last year. The consistency/texture was terrible and the taste was just off. But it didn’t look that disgusting.  

• Upvote 3

In the comments where she talks about her pumpkin pie, Lori has a link to her Thanksgiving menu last year. Her SIL smoked the turkey. She boiled potatoes that macho Ken hand mashed. She made regular and gf gravy, and pumpkin pie. She bought some cranberry sauce at the health food store. That was it! What, no einkorn bread stuffing? No green veggies or a big salad?  No handmade cranberry orange relish? No appetizers? Nope, this was a simple meal that was loved by all. 

Edited by Celtic Roots
Typo
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 2

44 minutes ago, Celtic Roots said:

Nope, this was a simple meal that was loved by all

Everybody ALWAYS loves her recipes/foods/meals. It's the punchline of every post/story.  I thought godly women were supposed to be meek and humble? she lives to brag about her food and the family food reviews. She talks about pot roast like she first discovered it.  I made my first pot-roast while in high school...like 9th grade. I've make homemade pizza every Friday for almost my entire married life (33 years). I bake every weekend. Now that it's just hubby and I, I give most of it away or to my two adult children who live close. I cook FROM scratch every night.  Oh yeah, and I work full time and always have. 

but guess what??? I'm not that special! Most of you and everyone  I know mostly is the same. we all work, cook, bake, are hardworking, keep our homes.  You aren't that special either Lori. Because you made beef stew once and you made pot ROAST once and because you bake a pie and make pizza, YOU DON'T GET A TROPHY.

And don't try to sell it like you are "teaching" young women. You are doing it for one reason and one reason only -- you want to brag and show-off and have all the fangirls fawn all over you like a queen.  

Sorry for the rant. I'm on my last nerve today and she's really ticking me off today. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 5

It's always astonished me how bad fundie recipes are. I've tried some of them from time to time, and my family always hates them. I thought they were supposed to spend their lives learning to be " good homemakers"? 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

I made my first dinner when I was 13 -- pounded round steak, cast iron frying pan browned and then slow oven cooked in brown onion gravy, Served with rice for the luscious gravy. As always in our house there were 2-3 veg with dinner,. Since it was summer there was also a plate of sliced tomatoes from the garden. Veg were from the garden too, and I helped grow them.

I learned to cook by watching and helping my mother in the kitchen. My daddy was the vegetable scrubber/ peeler/ prepper/ potato masher.  He couldn't cook, but he did prep work, scrubbed pots, assembled ingredients/spices, and until we children were old enough he set the table.  He grew a huge garden and composted everything including tea leaves, coffee grounds, and egg shells (for mama's roses). 

I'm the cook in the Dress House. I always have been, nearly every night from scratch. Delicious, nutritious meals with lots of veg but light on the starch. Like @SongRed7 (and most of us here) I work full time and always have. I bake on weekends and at the holidays. I try new recipes whenever I can , Pot roast is not a new recipe in the Dress House.  Mr Dress is the prep guy and cleans the kitchen after dinner.  That's been our deal (he suggested it) since we were engaged. I cook, he cleans the kitchen. He thinks he's getting the best part of the deal and I'll never disabuse him of that.

TL; DR - Cooking dinner doesn't make me special.  I'm not expecting fawning head pats from fangirl leghumpers. Unlike Lori I don't expect a trophy for the severely minimum effort of 1 pot roast, 1 beef stew, and a disgusting looking pumpkin pie.

Edited by Red Hair, Black Dress
  • Upvote 2
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

That's been our deal (he suggested it) since we were engaged. I cook, he cleans the kitchen. He thinks he's getting the best part of the deal and I'll never disabuse him of that.

When my husband proposed to me I said that I was not interested in learning to cook but that I'd always clean up and keep the house spotless. He fortunately learned to cook from his dad and bake from his mom. It's worked for us for more than 30 years :) (We have also always worked full time and raised a daughter who is fortunately following in her dad's footsteps as far as cooking goes.

• Upvote 7

Cough cough. Did LazyLori sound like a joyful, optimistic person in her letter to her mom when she was a senior in college?  

Um…hell no. 

IMG_0604.png

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Thank You 1

Lori must be running out of American women to judge… she’s found a woman from my city (Sydney, Australia) to paint as a bad example! 

IMG_9795.png

• Upvote 5

Happy and optimistic are not the words I would use to describe Lori.
Bitter, angry and judgmental are. She lies about everything and I think the only time she has been happy in recent memory was when she went viral and showed the world her true colours.

• I Agree 7

I saw a picture the other day - three little girls,  6, 8, and 10 in 1912, getting ready to start their day at 6 am as full time oyster shuckers.  It broke my heart, but confirmed  - well, I already knew it - how wrong Lori is about women never ever working in the history of ever before feminism.  She simply infuriates me on so many levels.  Back to crazy Jill as a palate cleanser....

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

When Lori says that women never ever never worked prior to feminism she's talking about upper middle class and above women. Women with husbands who made enough money to have "help"  Women like Lori herself.

Women and girls like the oyster shuckers, textile mill hands, factory workers, domestic help, farm workers, store clerks, etc. don't count in Lori's world. These were and are the women who made life comfortable for Lori's predecessors and for Lori.  They, and Lori, live off the work of those women, who work for the men who made the money to keep the wives in comfort. Those long-ago women and Lori now don't consider those women as people at all -- because they aren't in the same class. Those women are the unseen, unacknowledged background that funds the comfortable life and keeps in running.

Lori has her comfortable lazy life of no work, pricey organic food, woo, domestic help, and months every summer in Door County because Ken makes money from women working.

Lori rages about women doctors, lawyers, executives, etc.  She doesn't rage about the clerks at Costco. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2

2 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Lori rages about women doctors, lawyers, executives, etc.  She doesn't rage about the clerks at Costco. 

That’s such a good point. 

Has she ever asked a clerk, or (God forbid) any of the women who work at the orthodontists offices who pay for her husband’s consulting services, if they regret their careers and not staying home with their kids?  Her maids or nannies?

They don’t count in Loriworld

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

6 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

This IS a good point. If she ever thinks about such women as people, she'd probably say they should go home and live frugally under their husband's income. No husband? Live frugally off your church or father. Maybe a brother, if necessary. Problem solved. 

That is, if they are Christian women. Non-Christian women are going to go out and do the world's work. When someone says, "Where will we get nurses if all women go home?" she responds that there will always be non-Christian women who work in the world. They're out there without protection, too! Scary.

This business about protection always puzzled me. It doesn't seem to leave Ken with much to do.They live in suburban San Diego--not a lot of crime. Even if someone broke in, what is 66-year old Ken going to do? Will he take down men who are likely 30 years his junior? No, he'll probably call 911, just as a woman would do. With any luck, a female police officer will come and help the poor guy out.

• Upvote 7

• Coconut Flan locked this topic