IGNORED

Lori Alexander 82: The only dissenting voice allowed is her own

On 6/17/2023 at 11:40 AM, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Lori) commands you must be married. It doesn't matter who you marry, just marry anyone.  You must be married forever, no exceptions.. If you're a widow just get remarried. Finding "the one" is a myth. just get married and commit. Dating is bad, very bad; don't date, just get married

Yes.  I've said before, that is how I found FJ - when I told Lori that as a new widow since God kept forgetting to mail my mortgage check and that he wasn't raining manna from heaven to feed my blessings, I had to get a second job.  She told me to go hang out at church and hook up with the first guy who would have me (basically) and quit my jobs. Because otherwise I hated God.  Then Block.  Someone DM'd me and sent me here.  

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 3
  • Love 7

On her FB today, Lori revealed something of which I think most of us aren't really aware.  Did you know that throughout her children's childhood Lori was

extremely ill  . . .  with parasites, neck fusion, brain tumor, two brain surgeries, and two intensive rounds of radiation.

Who knew? She has so rarely mentioned it, and always downplayed it when she did.

She missed out on 

. . . many Thanksgiving meals, Christmas celebrations, and Easter dinners with the family, birthday parties, and summer vacations

Do you remember when she reluctantly admitted she nearly missed Cassi's wedding because she was so so so so sick, but manged to suck it up at the last minute to attend some of the festivities.

But anyway, although she was so miserable and suffering in pain Every. Day., brave brave Lori (who can withstand pain like no one else) didn't give in to satanic self-pity*

[she] determined while they were young that [she] wasn't going to make their lives miserable just because [she] was miserable.

And oh oh she was so wonderful, so excellent at hiding her excruciating pain and daily suffering that none of her children ever knew she was ill. Alyssa recently told brave brave Lori

that she doesn't even remember [Lori's} suffering since [she] was joyful and didn't complain.

I can only suppose that Lori's children thought it was perfectly normal that their mother lay for hours on the sofa every afternoon with a bag of frozen peas on her head while they were banished to their rooms to be quiet.

Brave brave Lori showed her bravery by not taking pain killers because she 

needed a clear thinking mind to withstand the pain and suffering [she] dealt with on a daily basis.

Oh my what a brave brave strong woman. But all this daily pain and daily suffering was not in vain because Lori believes 

God was preparing [her] for this ministry too, 

In a word Lori is perfect in every way, So many of her leghumpers praise her perfection  As one says

I wish I was perfect like you.

I mean seriously don't we all wish to be just like Lori. Perfect in every way.

*Satanic self-pity is not Biblical. It is not in the Bible. Anywhere. Not. A. Whisper. Of. It.  It is from an Oswald Chambers devotional. Which Lori appears to believe is part of the "Word".

• Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Thank You 2

My husband grew up in a chaotic and conflict heavy home.  He has no memories of growing up there, all his memories are of being outside and his parents aren’t in them.  In fact, his mind has manufactured positive memories.  He shared a memory last week about family dinners every night with meat and vegetables.  His sister said that never happened.  They had casseroles on trays every night in front of the TV and his rancher dad came home late ever night and he and my MIL were the ones with the steak at the table.  His dad came home late to avoid the chaos. 

Alyssa might be like my husband and has little memory of growing up.

I don’t believe for one second Lori was joyful and present through the pain.  If she was a shrew as a wife, she was the same kind of mother.  Does not compute.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4

Lori is a jerk.  She just keeps becoming a bigger jerk.  My 5 year old won’t remember a time that I wasn’t sick. It started when she was two days old and just got worse and worse over the years.   I do not suffer in silence and dd is told often the fact that I’m not as hands on as daddy is because I am sick.  

If she transformed from a good mother who never complained to how she is today, she needs to transform back.  If she never complained then, she is making up for it now.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

Or, this might have been the scenario that went down between Alyssa and Lori—

Lori: “I was so so so so sick all those years  you kids were little, and I never complained once! Did I? *Did I?*”

Alyssa (struggles not to roll her eyes): “No, Mom. *Never*.”

• Upvote 9

I do not believe that Costco episode ever happened.

Lori  was most likely prattling on and on. And all those people she describes as hanging on her every word and nodding in agreement were probably eye rolling and edging away from the crazy lady.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 7

How do solar panels cause migraines?  As a chronic migraine sufferer, I know anything can cause migraines in someone, but solar panels seems also specific (I have zero doubt installing them can cause severe migraines, just being in the direct sun installing the panel sounds miserable)

does she not realize she’s probably still around because of the radiation she had.  It saves lives, but she makes it sound like it was an awful thing (and not like it was medically an awful thing which I’m sure it is, but just in general).  

How did she have all this time to chat with people at Costco when suppose to be at home being a housekeeper?  Get your groceries and leave.

Her post does read so much like JRods about walking through Walmart and being asked about preschool and tv.  They both must have some amazing conversations in their had as they walk through stores.  

• Upvote 9

Costco does not have anyone bag customers' groceries, so we know that part of Lori's story, at least, is made up.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 5

29 minutes ago, thoughtful said:

Costco does not have anyone bag customers' groceries, so we know that part of Lori's story, at least, is made up.

There was a huge discussion about that on Reddit and there were many people who said theirs did have baggers.  

• Upvote 5

Sometimes they will help us put our groceries in the big boxes they have at the  cash register, but my Costco doesn’t have baggers per se. 

Of course, I don’t have the true story about solar panels, feminism, grandchildren, etc. , so maybe that’s why they don’t bag my groceries. 

ETA:  I was just chuckling to myself  picturing the solar panel guy coming home after work.  “Hey honey, I quit my job because I now know the truth about solar panels. Oh, and here’s a book about how to be a good Christian wife I want you to read.”  

There’s a divorce waiting to happen. 

Edited by kpmom
  • Upvote 9
  • Haha 3

My guess about what really happened at Costco:

A *salesperson* initiated a conversation to get Lori to *buy his products*. Lori revealed her tinfoil hat thinking. The salesperson was a cheerful listener who humoured her and said "Mm-hmm" to everything she nattered on about, in hopes of gaining her trust and completing a sale -- including agreeing that Christianity was as good to him as it was to her. Basically the only thing he said after trying to sell her the panels was a quip about possibly enjoying a wife who cheerfully does everything he tells her to. Lori tries to sell him a book. He gives up.

His *fellow sales person* also gave positive, interested, friendly vibes to the potential customer. She looked up the website to see if it really was real, and how far off her rocker this lady really was. Lori blamed feminism for everything, and they agreeably tried to keep her engaged with the conversation in hopes of making a sale. Their hopes went unfilled, and their time was completely wasted. (But they got to laugh and trash-talk her after she left, so there was some amusement value.)

As a worker was boxing/bagging her groceries, instead of helping, Lori chit-chatted about grandkids. The worker would have liked to have more than he ended up with so far. They then proceeded to collaboratively insult this man's children and claim not to "understand" why young adults "these days" struggle with the idea of birthing more mouths to feed when their lives are already pretty challenging. Apparently an entire generation of people are too stupid to know what they are missing, and shouldn't be trusted to make their own reproductive decisions. Anyhow, clearly Lori raised her kids 'better' then the poor worker, since she got grandkids out of the deal. She left feeling smug. He was left feeling like crap.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 6

Hey, Lori! I have solar panels and don’t even get headaches, let alone migraines. And I got mine as part of a promotion that contributed $1100 to my gay hippie pagan UU church, so go stuff it.

• Upvote 6

Today Lori published a list, alleging that she knows "God's description" of a godly woman. Since she basically just jotted down random words from women's passages in the KJV phrasing, she's surprisingly not too far off! Here is my response to Lori's jumble of "things that are godly for everybody" and basic misunderstandings of how the Bible works and what responsible translation looks like.

Lori's list

"Help meet to her husband" -- an archaic translation of a Hebrew phrase more rendering an idea more like a "coordinated partner" -- not found in any descriptions of a godly woman, simply a narrative about the creation of Eve.

"Not false accusers" -- Correct. Godly women, like godly men, don't break the ten commandments by bearing false witness.

"Not given to much wine" -- Correct. Neither are godly men (Timothy).

"Teachers of good things" -- Correct. Especially teachers of the very good thing, the good news. Preachers of the gospel.

"Sober" -- Not a great translation (since the modern meaning of sober means 'not intoxicated') but more of a meaning of 'serious'. Also applies to godly men (Timothy).

"Loves husband" -- Yes. Loving one another is the greatest commandment (given equally to both men and women).

"Obeys husband" -- Not found in the Bible. The command "obey" is given to children and enslaved people, but the command to "hupotasso" (humbly give preference to one another) is given to wives. The hupotasso command to wives is a repetition of the way the hupotasso command is given to all Christians (both men and women, married and unmarried in Ephesians).

"Loves children" -- Yes. Love one another. We know. Some of us have children, and if we do, loving them is definitely the godly thing to do.

"Discreet" -- Correct. This is also godly, for all genders (Proverbs).

"Chaste" -- Correct. For unmarried men and women chasitiy is considered godly.

"Keepers at home" -- Another misleading translation, for a word that more properly means the general sense of "working towards the good of their household".

"Good" -- Yes. A fruit of the Spirit (Galatians) for all Christians.

"Modest apparel" -- In the Biblical sense of not making a display of wealth or status in a community where all people are supposed to be humbly giving preference to one another; yes. In the sense of keeping coverage and not looking sexy, not found in the Bible.

"Shamefaced" -- Another archaic translation, rendered in modern versions as self-controlled, decent, appropriate, or proper.

"Learns in silence, with all subjugation" -- In context, to not speak while someone else is teaching, and generally be a respectful student.

"Forbidden from teaching in churches" -- No, just a specific woman, forbidden from teaching her current heretical views, in the church at Ephesians where the letter was addressed.

"Forbidden from usurping authority over men" -- Correct, in a way: All Christians are forbidden from authoritarian behaviour in leadership (Jesus) and all 'leaders' who cross that line are called out for it -- as Paul does in the Ephesians situation.

"Saved in childbearing" -- A vague phrase, sometimes thought to mean, 'Even though childbearing is dangerous, women should not fear it, because they remain saved whether they live or die.' And otherwise thought to mean, 'All people are saved because Jesus came to save us, and poetically, he came through the bearing of a child by a woman, offering salvation to women.'

"Grave" -- as above, to be serious, a command given to both men and women, within a few verses of each other.

"Not slanderers" -- as above, not people who bear false witness.

"Faithful in all things" -- a fruit of the Spirit (Galatians) that applies to all believers.

"Subjugation to own husband" -- a poor translation of hupotasso, as above, "humbly giving preference to others" a command given to all believers, not just women.

"Reverences husband" -- Archaic words strike again. This one simply means respect. Christians respect one another, especially those they are close to in relationships such as marriage.

"Meek" -- Yes! A wonderful virtue held by godly men and women, as well as Jesus himself.

"Quiet spirit" -- Yes! From King David to the humblest believer being spiritually quiet and restful is deeply godly.

"Not quarrelsome or contentious" -- Correct. To be contentious is considered a flaw in all believers (Romans, Corinthians) and peace is given as a fruit of the Spirit (Galatians)

"Works willingly with her hands" -- Correct. An instruction similarly given (Thessalonians) to the men of the community.

"Rejoices in time to come" -- A vague phrase, but joy and rejoicing are characteristic of godly believers, both male and female.

"Opens her mouth with wisdom" -- Yes! Teaching in the community is a good role for godly women (and men).

"Looks well to the ways of her household" -- Partnership and responsibility for household affairs are components of loyalty and trustworthiness in family economies.

"Fears the Lord" -- A poetic phrase, but definitely "the beginning of wisdom" (Proverbs) and an expectation of believers in general.

Yippee! Properly interpreted, even Lori has to admit that many of us are godly women! She'd be very pissed off to know that!

• Upvote 10
  • Love 5

There is a satirical Twitter account called "Three year letter man" that found Lori's account and has just been going off.

• Love 2

1 hour ago, TN-peach said:

There is a satirical Twitter account called "Three year letter man" that found Lori's account and has just been going off.

watching people reply who don't know it's satire...oh, it pleases me lol. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, Margarita said:

watching people reply who don't know it's satire...oh, it pleases me lol. 

But I think he almost lost his persona when he watched "Shiny Happy People" and Lori defended the Duggars.  Then 3 Year Letterman found Gothard's Twitter account.  That was funny. 

Is Lori doing her "I don't like to travel" in Door County these days?  She seems to have sooooooo much time to FB post 3-4-5 times a day.

Today she tells us that 

Feminism leads to lesbianism and witchcraft. Colleges are rampant with both.

OK fellow FJ-ers I guess it's time that I recognize and confess to you all that I'm a feminist lesbian witch.*

I didn't realize that until this morning when I read Lori's nonsensical insightful post ..... but ..... I went to college. I am a feminist. So I must be a lesbian and a witch.  

I suppose it's better late than never to know yourself.

*  :GPn0zNK:

• Haha 11

Lori edited her colleges create feminist lesbian witches post and replaced her nasty natterings with a comment by one of her male fanboys.

She followed that post up 4 hours latter blaming Hollywood for divorces -- because it makes women "yearn for a romantic man".  Of course then the jezebel beyotches divorce their hubs if the hubs don't make them happy.

Lori very heavily implies godly women don't need happiness -- all they need is godly, faithful, hardworking man.

I think Lori believes happiness is a sin.

• Upvote 2
  • Disgust 2
  • I Agree 3

14 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Lori edited her colleges create feminist lesbian witches post and replaced her nasty natterings with a comment by one of her male fanboys.

She followed that post up 4 hours latter blaming Hollywood for divorces -- because it makes women "yearn for a romantic man".  Of course then the jezebel beyotches divorce their hubs if the hubs don't make them happy.

Lori very heavily implies godly women don't need happiness -- all they need is godly, faithful, hardworking man.

I think Lori believes happiness is a sin.

I’m pretty sure Lori believes if your name isn’t Lori Alexander, breathing is a sin.  If everyone agreed with her about her rants, she’d correct her post and change her viewpoint just so she could say everyone else was wrong. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 4

On 6/29/2023 at 11:49 AM, TN-peach said:

I don’t do twitter anymore ever since you know who bought it, but I used to love reading that account. 
I can only imagine what he’s saying about Lori. 

4 hours ago, kpmom said:

I don’t do twitter anymore ever since you know who bought it, but I used to love reading that account. 
I can only imagine what he’s saying about Lori. 

I will see if I can find some screen shots of his responses. 

• Thank You 3

22 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Is Lori doing her "I don't like to travel" in Door County these days?  She seems to have sooooooo much time to FB post 3-4-5 times a day.

Today she tells us that 

OK fellow FJ-ers I guess it's time that I recognize and confess to you all that I'm a feminist lesbian witch.*

I didn't realize that until this morning when I read Lori's nonsensical insightful post ..... but ..... I went to college. I am a feminist. So I must be a lesbian and a witch.  

I suppose it's better late than never to know yourself.

*  :GPn0zNK:

My daughter attended a very liberal women's college. She had to be all three just to apply!   And her experience there was amazing and she's working and not married!!! Lori would be appalled but Lori's a silly woman, so who cares?

• Upvote 3

I can’t even.

How are solar panels supposed to cause  migraines? And what did she mean by “I don’t need more radiation”? Does she seriously think solar panels radiate… well, what? The sun rays they collect? It’s so… randomly crazy. Why would anyone think that?

• Upvote 7

On her IG, Lori is treating us to a picture of the thumb she sliced open last Monday. She left the same "bloody bandage" on for five days. Why, why, why? 

• Disgust 1
  • WTF 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic