IGNORED

Lori Alexander 82: The only dissenting voice allowed is her own

1 hour ago, SongRed7 said:

They are just sex obsessed weirdos. [snip] I  don't feel threatened or concerned that my husband is on the same beach with 20-year old in bikinis. He's not an asshole and I trust him. 

Sex obsessed insecure weirdos. You'd think after how ever many years they have been together they would get over it. 

My husband recently went on a road trip without me. His running group wanted to do a relay, and most of them are women. 10 years ago I might have been "concerned," imagining a weird gross sweaty orgy, but honestly I know exactly what happened. They slept when they could, took turns cooking and driving, had a great time, and came home.  

I see more women in one pieces and wetsuits in Hawaii than thong bikinis. Lori really should get out more, quietly. I'm thinking since she thinks women shouldn't preach, she should get the handmaid tale muzzle mask thing. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

It's been *crickets* for 9 hours now to this comment addressed to Lori on today's harlots in thongs post:

How does a Christian mother handle it when her adult daughter does things like this? What would you do if one of your daughters/daughter-in-laws did this? When an adult daughter’s social media accounts show her in harlot attire?

• Upvote 8

On 10/2/2023 at 6:02 PM, Loveday said:

It's been *crickets* for 9 hours now to this comment addressed to Lori on today's harlots in thongs post:

I'm sure Lori's DILs would be delighted if she told them how to dress.

Apparently Lori's 17 grandchild is "on the way."

I'm guessing Cassi. Alyssa/Jon have fertility issues. Ryan is in law school, or so I heard, so why would they want a 5th? . Emily said she was stopping at 4. Cassie seems like a baby-machine.

• Upvote 1

Didn't Cassi have # 6 a few months ago?  She must be quiverful, or else Lori is pushing her like crazy to have all the bay-beez.

Lori may not have 20 kids like the Duggars, but she's well on her way to have 20 grandchildren

• Upvote 1

According to her husband's professional Facebook page, Abigail Joy was born on July 2.  If Cassi is indeed the pregnant one, that means they will have 2 babies within a year. How can they possibly give sufficient attention to all of them, as well as take care of themselves and the practice? 

Also, in the photo in the post where Lori discloses the grandchild on the way, she looks different to me. She looks like she did in a photo when she was in her early 20's.

I had expected the next baby announcement to come from Emily's sister who married that creepy pastor with 5 kids.

RE: Ryan going to law school: could be to expand the business by gaining the ability to write/review legal documents for practice transitions/acquisitions. Or it could mean a new career entirely in a few years. I imagine he is feeling the pinch from the increased number of female consultants who certainly have an advantage over Ken and Ryan in dealing with the female orthodontists who are at least 50% of the total dental grads now.

• Upvote 5

On 10/2/2023 at 5:33 PM, FiveAcres said:

Not gonna lie: I fail to see this as a bad thing. She is a repellent human being and I can't imagine meeting her is a pleasant experience for most people.

If only she'd decide social media and the internet was "worldly entertainment" and start shunning that, too! The world would be a much better place if she just sat in her house grumbling to herself and driving Ken crazy without exposing the rest of the world to her terrible hatefulness.

38 minutes ago, Celtic Roots said:

According to her husband's professional Facebook page, Abigail Joy was born on July 2.  If Cassi is indeed the pregnant one, that means they will have 2 babies within a year. How can they possibly give sufficient attention to all of them, as well as take care of themselves and the practice? 

Follow Lori's example? Hire a housekeeper and nanny, lock the older kids in their rooms for part of the day to keep them out of your way, and beat them if they become an inconvenience. Easy peasy! And if they need more help... well. That's what the church is for, isn't it? Lori won't give a cent, of course, or help out herself, but they can go beg the church, according to Lori. 

I wonder how desperate Ken must have been to decide Lori was good enough? I bet he regrets it often. 

• Upvote 2

Stepping out on a limb and onto the speculation bus:

Lori was very cute and in her own words a "technical virgin." My women's intuition is that she was also what we used to call a "c--k tease".  Think of all the guys she dated and all the guys who she says tried to have sex with her.

I think Ken was a virgin or very very very inexperienced. Ken also grew up a poor missionary kid who was also planning to be a pastor.  Lori's dad had a good job, and Lori was raised upper middle class.

The equation is:  Cute Lori + technical virgin + lip-service Christian + dad with money +  Ken grew up poor + Ken is young and ho-ny + Ken is planning on being a pastor = Lori looks like a good deal who checked all of Ken's boxes. 

Edited by Red Hair, Black Dress
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

2 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Stepping out on a limb and onto the speculation bus:

Lori was very cute and in her own words a "technical virgin." My women's intuition is that she was also what we used to call a "c--k tease".  Think of all the guys she dated and all the guys who she says tried to have sex with her.

I think Ken was a virgin or very very very inexperienced. Ken also grew up a poor missionary kid who was also planning to be a pastor.  Lori's dad had a good job, and Lori was raised upper middle class.

The equation is:  Cute Lori + technical virgin + lip-service Christian + dad with money +  Ken grew up poor + Ken is young and ho-ny + Ken is planning on being a pastor = Lori looks like a good deal who checked all of Ken's boxes. 

Did he expect Lori's dad to just give them money? That's quite an assumption. Her father was a doctor, not Bill Gates.

It doesnt' look like that happened. I believe they lived in a trailer on the parents'. property during their early years. That's not living in luxury. 

On 10/11/2023 at 3:14 PM, Alisamer said:

Follow Lori's example? Hire a housekeeper and nanny, lock the older kids in their rooms for part of the day to keep them out of your way, and beat them if they become an inconvenience. Easy peasy! And if they need more help... well. That's what the church is for, isn't it?

Lori recently posted a picture of twitter of herself in a recliner with all of Cassi's kids laying all over her...even the baby. Lori mentioned in her recent  tiktok video that she watched he grandchildren for a couple days  recently.  Even the youngest two are are both still babies.  I think we all speculated/determined that Lori watched Cassi's children A LOT  because Cassi indeed works (it says on her husband's professional website that she is the office manager and splits time at home and in the office).  I thought according to Lori that it was imperative that a mother spend the majority/all her time with her children so they would be mental stable?

Lori sure watches them a lot. If Cassi can't handle her brood alone, she should stop having one a year. More power to them if they want a big family, but it seems to be all about sex (always the sex)  pregnancy and childbirth.

Geez. Stop already if you aren't equipped to care for them and have to pawn then off half the week on Lori. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 5

On Lori's Facebook page, in a post from about 4 hours ago on family size and the effects of feminism, there is a comment from one of her male followers stating "freemasons have destroyed everything that is good" and an extremely anti-Semitic drawing of freemason symbols and the star of David and the Israeli flag. Ken, it's time to pay attention to the kind of men your wife is attracting with her screeds. 

Edited by Celtic Roots
spelling
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

On 10/14/2023 at 6:20 PM, SongRed7 said:

Geez. Stop already if you aren't equipped to care for them and have to pawn then off half the week on Lori. 

Not to defend Lori in any way shape or form because she is vile, but many working parents rely on grandparent care.  It isn't they aren't equipped to watch them, but because they have to work.  I mean, I wouldn't leave my cat with Lori, but she is Cassie's mom and free child care is amazing. And Ken said they don't beat the grandkids - that's up to the parents - but hey, who was ever traumatized by threats of snakes and whatever?? Suck it up, kids! And she is Cassie's normal.  I'm sure she's thrilled her kids sit happily and eat sardine slime salad every day.  Makes her cooking look good! 

• Upvote 3

Um. Excuse me, but how long has Lori been married?  Even if you do the fundie math and only count the years she has been submissive, she evidently has never made pot roast. Pot roast. 

POT. ROAST.  

I think that was in my rotation of meals within my first few months of marriage. And I was an evil college student during those early months. 

And why is she suddenly sharing all the things she makes for Ken? Does she think she’s somehow unique because she cooks for her spouse? Is it so new to her that she becomes giddy and needs social media validation?  She is just so…simple. 

IMG_2086.jpeg

• Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Haha 1

A few days ago one of her fangirl leghumpers commented that the older woman teaching younger women to be chaste, etc etc. was good and all that, but how about some recipes and home making tips.

Voila  -- we get posts on being a minimalist decorator, godly Einkorn flour banana bread, Salmonella dressing, and wine-less, beef bouillion-less pot roast*.  Which until last night she had never made. In 45 years. Never. Made. Ken had to ask her to make Pot. Roast.

If there was ever any doubt, we now know for certain that other than slime salad with salmonella dressing and garbage water soup, Lori does not now and never did cook. No wonder Ken cooked for himself. No wonder the children begged to share Ken's food.

And the secret to Lori and Ken maintaining their college weights?  Lori's disgusting "cooking", which is not cooking at all. It's salmonella spreading and stomach issue inducing complaints from bad, too old food.

If I was presented with Lori's meals, I'd eat spray cheese from a can and crackers too.

* I do not believe the photo on FB is her pot roast. It's a stock photo or from the internet recipe.

• Upvote 5

34 minutes ago, KWLand said:

I thought she made pot roast a few months ago for the first time?  Or was that something else crazy easy to fix?

I thought the same thing, but I'm now thinking it might have been beef stew. I mean, the way I make both, they turn out almost identical, except one is one big piece of beef, the other is little bite-sized pieces, but in Lori's mind they're probably two completely different dishes. 🙄 And honestly, she's 65 years old. She brags about her homemaking skills and her cooking expertise. How the hell has she not made a pot roast before now?

• Upvote 4

I *think* I’m allowed to post this, since it’s copied from Lori’s blog, which is public. This is from a letter she wrote to her mom when she was a senior in college. 

Dear Mom,

I needed to write to someone or talk to someone who I know would listen and be concerned, and I knew you were the perfect one to write to. I could feel it coming on the past few days. I’m totally bummed out today. I know exactly why I am too. I feel like I’m going to be single the rest of my life, and I don’t want to be at all. I feel frustrated at this point. It’s not because Steve (a guy I liked at the time) hasn’t made any effort to see me all week, but I don’t feel like he’s right for me any ways. God didn’t let me have him for a reason and at this point, I can see many of them. I have never felt totally at ease with him. But I guess him not pursuing me made me feel that no one ever will.

I’m 21 and don’t even see any prospects in view. I know I’m not supposed to doubt God in that area, but it looks so bleak and discouraging to me right now. It seems I’m the only girl around, of all my friends, without a boyfriend. So many times, I don’t get to be with my girlfriends because they’re going somewhere with their boyfriend. It seems there’s no chance of meeting someone at Westmont. I’ve been here almost four years, and haven’t had one guy even want to get close to me! (That isn’t really true! The guys I liked didn’t seem to like me and the guys who liked me, I didn’t like. In looking back, I see it as God’s protection over me.) I know God has His reasons, but this doesn’t make me feel any better. Lisa (my sister) has been bummed lately too. It seems only normal for us to want someone. Sometimes I feel like I could do without one but lately, I really want one. I don’t want guys to get the feeling that I’m desperate though. That turns them off. I’m not looking forward to this weekend at all. Two nights to spend not on a date (bolding mine). I’ve been wondering what God has in mind for me if it’s not marriage. 

Lisa, Sandy (my best friend), and I are going to Good Earth tonight (our favorite health food restaurant). I’m not looking forward to it though. Later on, Sandy and I are going to a Santa Barbara high school football game. We’re supposed to try to meet kids there. That doesn’t seem to be too appealing to me, but I’m sure I will feel better if I go out and do something besides sitting around mopping, especially giving myself to others’ interests besides my own always helped. (We were involved in Young Life through college.)

I’m not especially stoked about Urbana. Maybe it’s my overall attitude about life at this point, but God seems to have opened some doors for me so I want to take the opportunity. I’m sure He’ll teach me a lot through it. I’m really praying about my attitude, and that I’ll gain some insight about future plans for me. Maybe He wants me to be a teacher in some far off land. My classes aren’t that good. They’re too late in the day to keep my interests alive. They are also very unchallenging but at least I don’t feel the pressure I’ve always felt in past semesters. I start being a student aide in an elementary school next week. Well, my math class is going to start real soon so I better close.

Love,
Lori

Ok, it’s me again.  First, I had a wonderful relationship with my mom, not in a “we’re BFFs forever JRod” kind of way, but very close.  Maybe it’s just me, but I cannot imagine ever writing such a whining letter to my mom, especially about men, especially when I was in college. Lori was a senior in college and “bummed” because she thought she’d be single the rest of her life?  Cry me a river (I’m almost her age, and I know for certain that most girls my age were NOT bummed about that at the age of 21).   And if I had dissed the college courses my parents were paying for (which I didn’t and they didn’t), they would have come down in me in an instant.

LazyLori appears to have been a real kill joy her whole life.  But, don’t despair, because (and this is Lori again)…

***UPDATE: Yes, I met my husband the next month. 

Yeah, in case we had any doubts, the attraction for Ken was because he was young, Godly, and, most of all, had perfect timing. LazyLori wanted a ring, dammit, and Ken was the first to apply for the job. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

There is no WAY I'd have written a letter like that to my mom, and I had a great relationship with her, too. I think Lori may have written a small paragraph on this topic to her mom, in the midst of other paragraphs about other things, and when she came across the letter she decided to expand it into a full-blown missive for her audience today for a blog post. In other words, Letters That Were Never Really Written for $500, Alex.🙄

Side note: Was Young Life a college thing as well as a high school thing? I was in YL in high school (we had a great group  with wonderful leaders, I loved every minute of it!), and I remember no mention of it carrying on into college. Unless Lori meant that she was in a leadership position for a high school group? The leaders of my group were a couple of the dads of members, and their assistants were seniors from within the group. No college students that I can recall.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Loveday said:

Unless Lori meant that she was in a leadership position for a high school group? 

That’s what I assumed she meant, but I’m not familiar with YL so I’m not sure. 

I wouldn’t be happy if I spent money to send my kid to college and she wrote me that her classes were too late in the day for her to pay much attention. 

Does Lori have an inkling how privileged her whole life has been?  No, I doubt she has that kind of insight.  

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4

2 minutes ago, kpmom said:

That’s what I assumed she meant, but I’m not familiar with YL so I’m not sure. 

I wouldn’t be happy if I spent money to send my kid to college and she wrote me that her classes were too late in the day for her to pay much attention. 

Does Lori have an inkling how privileged her whole life has been?  No, I doubt she has that kind of insight.  

She's completely oblivious to her privilege. That, or she knows she is but it doesn't fit her 'ministry' narrative, so she ignores it. I generally go with the former.

Yeah, she must have been a YL volunteer or something. And omg, if one of my kids had had that kind of attitude in college, I don't know what I would have done or said. "I didn't spend HOURS on that stupid FAFSA form every year for nothing, you ingrates!" might have been one thing.:laughing-rolling:  Just kidding, but I'm sure they'd have heard right back from me if I'd gotten a letter from one of them like that.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3

36 minutes ago, kpmom said:

wouldn’t be happy if I spent money to send my kid to college and she wrote me that her classes were too late in the day for her to pay much attention. 

Laughing too hard - I sent four kids to college.  You schedule your own classes.  Three of them took morning/early afternoon classes so they would be ready to go party in the evening.  The other one scheduled hers late afternoon so she could sleep in after partying in the evening.  They all graduated and have great jobs.  But that amuses me greatly..   

• Upvote 8

On 10/17/2023 at 3:36 PM, SweetLaurel said:

Not to defend Lori in any way shape or form because she is vile, but many working parents rely on grandparent care.  It isn't they aren't equipped to watch them, but because they have to work. 

I agree its very normal and I wish I had that option when i was little.   My point was Lori criticizes other women for this (working, having someone else --even grandma or other family members -- watch their kinds).  In a roundabout way I guess I was trying to point out Lori's hypocrisy. 

• Upvote 5

Has Lori mentioned anything about the Ruby Frankie case? I half expected her to come out and accuse the little boy who escaped and reported the abuse as breaking the obey your mother and father commandment. 

She would also condemn Jodi because Jodi preaches to women 

On 10/19/2023 at 7:24 AM, Loveday said:

Side note: Was Young Life a college thing as well as a high school thing? I was in YL in high school (we had a great group  with wonderful leaders, I loved every minute of it!), and I remember no mention of it carrying on into college. Unless Lori meant that she was in a leadership position for a high school group? The leaders of my group were a couple of the dads of members, and their assistants were seniors from within the group. No college students that I can recall.

I assumed she meant she was going to bother the kids at Santa Barbara high school, by talking to them about Jesus when they were trying to watch football. 

That letter blew me away. Lori was 21, healthy, attractive, has friends, attends a private college that is fully paid for, doesn't have to work, free to study anything she likes, in one of the most beautiful parts of the country . . .what an enviable position to be in! And yet she's miserable because she doesn't have a man. 

So she chooses a man she's not really attracted to, and then she's miserable because he always wants sex. 

Edited by Jackie3
  • Upvote 5

• Coconut Flan locked this topic