IGNORED

Lori Alexander 82: The only dissenting voice allowed is her own

Did you see the one where she ranted that if you have bitterness toward your husband by age 40 you will go MAD! Insane! Mental problems! She literally says you will lose your mind.

She also said yesterday she has no desire to travel. just stay home and cuddle all the grand bay-beez.  I guess she doesn't count those months every summer in Door County as traveling.

• Upvote 10

2 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Did you see the one where she ranted that if you have bitterness toward your husband by age 40 you will go MAD! Insane! Mental problems! She literally says you will lose your mind.

She also said yesterday she has no desire to travel. just stay home and cuddle all the grand bay-beez.  I guess she doesn't count those months every summer in Door County as traveling.

I'm trying to figure out how traveling is such a sin, because even though she hasn't exactly come out and said it, she's certainly inferred it. Apparently I'm going to go to hell because I want to take a few road trips in my old age.🥴

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Loveday said:

I'm trying to figure out how traveling is such a sin, because even though she hasn't exactly come out and said it, she's certainly inferred it. Apparently I'm going to go to hell because I want to take a few road trips in my old age.

I found out I get 160 hours of vacation time a year...ROAD TRIPS!!!! Also found out I may be doing some company travel. #1 destination...SPACE COAST!!! Twist my arm and force me to go! 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 2

5 hours ago, kpmom said:

I’m afraid to ask, but what did she say in sex talk one?

The usual. Don’t deprive the man .  It doesn’t matter how you feel. Your feelings don’t matter. Yada yada

4 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Well, she quoted Debi Pearl so it MUST be true 🙄

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 5
  • Thank You 1

I think to Lori if you travel then you're not home cooking, cleaning, raising children, homeschooling, being frugal, living on one income, being completely submissive, suppressing your emotions, being sexually available 24/7, being a helpmeet, being older and mentoring young women.

If you're not doing all that then you're a jezebel feminist doing something you like. Doing something you like is definitely a sin to Lori. (Although Door County is something Lori seems to like, but do as Lori says, not as she does.)

According to God's Lori's commands I'm already a jezebel feminist, so I might as well travel and take some road trips/ vacations with Mr. Dress.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

I'm even worse...a widowed, heathen career woman who does as she damn well pleases :)

• Love 6

I don’t believe for one second she has to ask Ken for permission to spend money. She does as she pleases and always has.

Her anti travelling screed is a sop to her “fans” who can’t afford to travel and can now feel extra righteous about staying home because it’s more godly.

• Upvote 11

So another Christian blogger denounced her and now Ken has rode to the rescue on her blog proclaiming the goodness of marital rape, spanking children and all things Lori. 

Don’t read it on a full stomach. 

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 3
  • WTF 3
  • I Agree 1

I guess Ken riding in on his Horse of Truth was to get Lori to stop whining "They're being mean to meeeeeeeeee. Make them stoooooooop". Not an excuse, but I imagine Lori's whining is beyond maddening.

However, his defense of Lori is truly sickening.  The only thing he doesn't mention is incest, but we all know what he thinks about that.

These internecine spats between Lori and other fundie female bloggers are so entertaining (to me) because each one proclaims she and she alone is right and speaks for God.

Ummmm ... No. No. Just No. No they don't.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

Comment in response to someone on FB: "I never attack people personally since that’s just being cruel. I always just stick to the disagreements between us." My eyes will hurt all day from all the rolling they did after I read that. 🙄

Her definition of 'attacking people personally' must be different from mine, because I know she's done it many, many times to women in public ministry. At least once a month, if not even more often, she does a series of posts blasting Joyce Meyer, Beth Moore, and all the other women she thinks are Jezebels. And she doesn't just stick to disagreement on theological principles. Questioning their very salvation isn't mere disagreement--it's personal, and she does it all the time.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

4 minutes ago, Loveday said:

Comment in response to someone on FB: "I never attack people personally since that’s just being cruel. I always just stick to the disagreements between us." My eyes will hurt all day from all the rolling they did after I read that. 🙄

Her definition of 'attacking people personally' must be different from mine, because I know she's done it many, many times to women in public ministry. At least once a month, if not even more often, she does a series of posts blasting Joyce Meyer, Beth Moore, and all the other women she thinks are Jezebels. And she doesn't just stick to disagreement on theological principles. Questioning their very salvation isn't mere disagreement--it's personal, and she does it all the time.

It’s funny bc she copies and pastes blog posts from Michelle Lesley that warn about specific female preachers and now Michelle says this about someone who made a warning blog about Lori.  Lori has been added to that dreaded list.  I wonder if her head will explode like Jill’s and if we’ll see bouquets of flowers and "precious mama" posts.  Apparently Ken and Lori are trying to find Michelle and the blog writer’s church so they can contact the pastors about these wayward wanton women.  

IMG_5845.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

11 minutes ago, Fallgirl30 said:

It’s funny bc she copies and pastes blog posts from Michelle Lesley that warn about specific female preachers and now Michelle says this about someone who made a warning blog about Lori.  Lori has been added to that dreaded list.  I wonder if her head will explode like Jill’s and if we’ll see bouquets of flowers and "precious mama" posts.  Apparently Ken and Lori are trying to find Michelle and the blog writer’s church so they can contact the pastors about these wayward wanton women.  

That doesn't surprise me, but it does appall me. Some serious nerve there.

Yesterday a post of Lori's on FB started with these infamous words: "Many of you have a problem with God and His Word, not with me." No, Lori. I believe and understand God's Word (as much as anyone can who hasn't actually studied it in Greek, Hebrew, and Aramaic and hasn't spent years in seminary). It's your interpretation I often have a problem with. But you just go on using that excuse. It's convenient, isn't it, to throw the blame on someone else for disagreeing with you rather than examining yourself to see if maybe--just maybe!--it's you with the problem. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5

Lori can surely dish it out (criticism) but absolutely cannot take it. What goes 'round comes 'round, and it appears that it is finally coming around for Lori.

I happened to look at daughter-in-law Emily's Facebook page the other day (for the life of me, I cannot remember why, but it must have been triggered by something Lori wrote) and discovered something interesting. It appears that Emily's sister is recently engaged to Chris Hilken, the pastor from North Coast Church whose wife tragically committed suicide a couple of years ago, leaving 5 children. I believe daughter Alyssa knew her. Could Alyssa have introduced them? The sister is now living in Encinitas, were I think Alyssa lives.

Anyway, the greater question is regarding all the negative press Hilken received when at and after leaving North Coast (bullying issues, the "golden shower" his wife said he sprayed on her to "mark his territory," support of marriage of teens, and  other questionable things). Google his name and critics and read some of the posts from Wondering Eagle. I always thought Emily and her family of origin were among the more reasonable, thoughtful  evangelicals. I would have second thoughts if my daughter wanted to marry this man.

• WTF 2
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

5 hours ago, louisa05 said:

So another Christian blogger denounced her and now Ken has rode to the rescue on her blog proclaiming the goodness of marital rape, spanking children and all things Lori. 

so I went down the rabbit hole and it's hysterical. The blog Lori frequently promoted for it's list of false teachers has listed Lori as a false teacher. And funny enough, she's at the top of the list because it's alphabetical by last name.   I read the post and agree with all of it. But the biggest take away is it calls Lori out for not having the the basic foundation of Christianity: kindness.  

Amen, sisters!   A lot of bloggers promote much of the same stuff Lori does but they are at least kind and genuine. Lori is a self-righteous, legalistic, miserable person. Never admits a wrong, never backs down. And it shows on her face and mannerisms. She looks dour and miserable.  She is reaping what she sows.

Edited by SongRed7
  • I Agree 6

21 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

This would explain a lot about Lori and seems to be one time where she's speaking from experience.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 3

43 minutes ago, SongRed7 said:

so I went down the rabbit hole and it's hysterical. The blog Lori frequently promoted for it's list of false teachers has listed Lori as a false teacher. And funny enough, she's at the top of the list because it's alphabetical by last name.   I read the post and agree with all of it. But the biggest take away is it calls Lori out for not having the the basic foundation of Christianity: kindness.  

Amen, sisters!   A lot of bloggers promote much of the same stuff Lori does but they are at least kind and genuine. Lori is a self-righteous, legalistic, miserable person. Never admits a wrong, never backs down. And it shows on her face and mannerisms. She looks dour and miserable.  She is reaping what she sows.

Is it possible to promote what Lori does and be kind and genuine?  I’ve not seen anything she promotes that I think could be reworded and be viewed as kind or genuine.  It’s all hateful, she just manages to add more hate to the hateful views.

I rarely even read her posts anymore.  Not after she was so hateful about the woman author who died—Rachel someone?  That was enough for me to know the only way I’d ever agree with Lori is if she had a come to Jesus me moment and did a 180 on her views.

• I Agree 4

53 minutes ago, KWLand said:

Is it possible to promote what Lori does and be kind and genuine?  I’ve not seen anything she promotes that I think could be reworded and be viewed as kind or genuine.  It’s all hateful, she just manages to add more hate to the hateful views.

I rarely even read her posts anymore.  Not after she was so hateful about the woman author who died—Rachel someone?  That was enough for me to know the only way I’d ever agree with Lori is if she had a come to Jesus me moment and did a 180 on her views.

Rachel Held Evans. Someone else mentioned in this thread that she claims that she has never attacked anyone personally. What exactly was that if not a personal attack??? My mom used to call her "Fundie Lady" when I shared her nonsense with her. When I shared the stuff she posted about Rachel, Mom's response was "she's not Fundie Lady anymore. She's Fundie Bitch." So that's what we call her now.  

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

Lori gives new depth of meaning to the term "Fundy Bitch."

I wonder if all her comments against the Duggar children who are speaking out is her warning to her own children; her "Don't you dare ever think of commenting on what we did." By the way, I find Ken's retelling of the Christmas morning story quite revealing. I imagine he is concerned that with Lori now on other bloggers' "avoid" lists, there is more of a chance people connected with his clients will discover her and that would generate greater possible backlash for his practice. I imagine he is regretting the day he suggested that she consider writing a blog. Lori is creating issues for him and has effectively trapped him into continuing the marriage. If he were to leave, she would loudly proclaim to all the world he was leaving a wife that did everything according to God's commands. 

BTW, the NY Times has an excellent column by David French on 6/16 in the Opinion section, "Shiny Happy People, Fundamentalism and Seeking Certainty" in which he discusses a personal experience with the Gothard cult that changed the trajectory of his life. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 4

I absolutely agree with @Loveday that Lori is definitely implying traveling is a sin. But I also think she's moving in the direction that singleness is a sin and advocating for arranged marriage.

Lately, even more than usual, she's been harping on marriage. You must get married. A woman's only future is marriage. God (and Lori) commands you must be married. It doesn't matter who you marry, just marry anyone.  You must be married forever, no exceptions.. If you're a widow just get remarried. Finding "the one" is a myth. just get married and commit. Dating is bad, very bad; don't date, just get married. Single women are just fornicating jezebels; they need to be married rather than be fornicating single jezebels. 

She hasn't gone as far as actually saying singleness is a sin, but she's implying it and is absolutely adamant that women must be married and submit to husbands. And how would she ensure women are married? Arranged marriages.

I think she's one step from advocating arranging marriages of teen girls to older men a la Maranatha Chapman*

It seems to me that Lori has been doubling/ tripling/ quadrupling down on the rabidly uber-strict fundie beliefs. Proclaiming that they are God's commands (um ... no) and must be followed or you hate God. Because Lori told you they are God's commands and you must listen to her. Because she knows what God commands.

I don't know what is causing this, perhaps a mental decline. Or whether this is just who Lori really is and is finally being her true self..  If I were Ken and her family I'd consult a doctor.  Something has changed with her, and not for the better.

*Maranatha, by the way, is now divorced. And seems to be dating a hunky younger man

Edited by Red Hair, Black Dress
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

4 hours ago, Celtic Roots said:

BTW, the NY Times has an excellent column by David French on 6/16 in the Opinion section, "Shiny Happy People, Fundamentalism and Seeking Certainty" in which he discusses a personal experience with the Gothard cult that changed the trajectory of his life.

Really interesting column by French. 
It’s in a subscriber only newsletter so I can’t copy the whole thing. He was raised fundamentalist and was engaged to a girl from a Gothard family. The father insisted on French attending the basic course as a requirement for continuing the engagement:

“ I sat through each session. I tried to be open, but I just couldn’t agree. The ideas in the books didn’t match what I read in Scripture. My parents taught me to value mercy and grace, and I couldn’t see mercy here, just power and control. I couldn’t join Gothard, and that ultimately meant I couldn’t continue my engagement. The entire trajectory of my life changed.”

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 6

On 6/17/2023 at 12:39 PM, Celtic Roots said:

By the way, I find Ken's retelling of the Christmas morning story quite revealing.

Ken always finds a way to try and soften any story, make it a simply misunderstood  warm family memory or just make it not as bad as it really is. Like his retelling of the non-consensual story about the woman who woke up to find her husband having sex with her.   He writes, " I think we need to lock up 75 percent of all men who half asleep feel the warmth of their beautiful bride lying beside them and roll over for sex, as she seems to be a willing participant."   

What he seems to be saying is: See? He wasn't really having sex with her against her consent, he was just mesmerized with her loveliness and see? She actually REALLY wanted it because she didn't stop him or call the cops!

Why do they all seem to think it's only rape if you call the cops? A lot of women who don't know their attackers don't call for a myriad of reason (like not being believe etc).  You think a wife is going to call the cops? Doesn't mean it wasn't rape. 

I hate how Ken and Lori ALWAYS play the victim. Neither one of them can ever admit that their own actions are leading to even the hardline, online Christian community turning their backs on them  

Edited by SongRed7
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

Ken did the same thing when asked about Lori’s admission she poked holes in her birth control so she could trick him into having baby #2. 
“No big deal. We planned on having another baby one day anyway.”  
“No big deal about Josh touching his sisters. Everyone I knew from childhood did the same thing.”

You’re right, he tends to minimize things, doesn’t he?  

• I Agree 5

I'm going to say something about Ken so FJ please don't hate me.

Ken has defended Josh touching his sisters. more than once. He  has said numerous times that all the boys he knew in childhood molested their sisters.. That everybody did it.

He has always stressed that the onus is on the woman to forgive and forget what happened. He has always said that the molestation was no big thing, The problem was the woman carrying hurt and anger and pain and bitterness and trauma. They should just "let it go." He implies that not letting it go is the sin, not the molestation.

With all of this rationalization and excusing is Ken perhaps also speaking about something he did in the past?

I have a hard time believing any man. even a fundie like Ken, would excuse sexual molestation as no big thing.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic