IGNORED

Lori Alexander 82: The only dissenting voice allowed is her own

Lori: "Live simply, frugally, and contentedly within your husband's income.

(Parenthetical message:  Now, if you had married a DOCTOR like I did, income wouldn't be a problem...)

• Upvote 9

Lori was singing her thong song the other day. All those women exposing their backsides are more than Lori can deal with.

Lori, we don't care if you have a kink about naked backsides, we just want you to own it and STFU about it.

I think Lori somehow knows the the southern definition of "naked" and "nekkid" = Naked is no clothes;  Nekkid is fixing to do something about it.

Lori seems to think nekkid thoughts about thong wearers.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 2

I’m waiting for the day when Lori posts about how before going to the store for her $ 14.00 pound of butter she stopped at the beach and saw a woman doctor wearing a thong. The doctor then felt compelled to tell Lori about how she wished she could stay  home with her children instead of being out in the big bad world. 

• Haha 12

On 8/20/2023 at 10:39 AM, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Lori was singing her thong song the other day.

I know this is a slow-moving thread, but "Singing Her Thong Song" has my vote for next thread title. :D And thanks for giving me a laugh today. ❤️ 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

• 3 weeks later...

Lori posted on Instagram that years ago she taught sixth grade in the ghetto. She stated that she had to be strict or there would be chaos. I would love to know what neighborhood she classifies as "the ghetto." What a bitchy, bigoted statement for a so-called Christian woman to make. I imagine the kids recognized her tone and attitude toward them and their school and responded in kind.

• Upvote 5

17 hours ago, Celtic Roots said:

Lori posted on Instagram that years ago she taught sixth grade in the ghetto. She stated that she had to be strict or there would be chaos. I would love to know what neighborhood she classifies as "the ghetto." What a bitchy, bigoted statement for a so-called Christian woman to make. I imagine the kids recognized her tone and attitude toward them and their school and responded in kind.

She got called out for it, too, but doubled down. "It sure wasn’t when I was younger. It simply meant people who lived on welfare where broken homes and lack of parental guidance is absent. This is true poverty," she says. And calls people who are offended : "Snowflakes! 🤮"

In other words, " 'Ghetto' was good enough when I was younger, so it's good enough now. Why should I change?"

I suppose she still uses the word "retarded." And still calls people of Japanese origin "Japs." I mean, those words were okay back in her childhood, so why not now?

🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

• Upvote 6

On 9/7/2023 at 4:25 PM, Celtic Roots said:

Lori posted on Instagram that years ago she taught sixth grade in the ghetto

I saw that, too and thought WTF. of course she doubled down. And one of the braintrust fanboys/girls defended it as well by saying, "Hey it was an Elvis song" so it's OK. 

And then she had the gall to add that "they had all the newest toys and were well fed"....I work in one of hte poorest cities in the nation. She has NO IDEA what it is like. No idea. 

Edited by SongRed7
  • I Agree 4

Since when does “ghetto” mean broken homes and parent absence?

Parents across all economic levels get divorced. 

I’m around Lori’s age and “ghetto” has never meant that. 

Yes, quoting a 50+ year old Elvis song makes it all ok. 🙄

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, kpmom said:

Since when does “ghetto” mean broken homes and parent absence?

Parents across all economic levels get divorced. 

I’m around Lori’s age and “ghetto” has never meant that. 

Yes, quoting a 50+ year old Elvis song makes it all ok. 🙄

It doesn't. 

To Lori it means *black people* -- but even Lori knows better than to say that. So she jumps on the racist stereotype train and rides it to the next station so that she can say, "I mean black people, but black people are always poor and mostly headed by young single mothers who work, so I'll just mention those factors instead."

Edited by Pammy
  • I Agree 7

Uh oh...get ready for Lori's non stop defense of the Duggar's with Jill's book publishing  soon. (tomorrow? I should know this). She already has one Twitter post up.  Get ready for double down like never before. 

• Upvote 4

14 minutes ago, SongRed7 said:

Uh oh...get ready for Lori's non stop defense of the Duggar's with Jill's book publishing  soon. (tomorrow? I should know this). She already has one Twitter post up.  Get ready for double down like never before. 

She also posted on FB this morning about Jill's book, accusing Jill of 'dishonoring her mother and her father.' And then she limited comments on the post. She must be either getting a lot of pushback or no one wants to say anything, because the only comment so far is one by Lori herself, a quote from JimBoob and Meech:

From JimBob and Michelle: “We love all of our children very much. As with any family, few things are more painful than conflicts or problems among those you love... We do not believe the best way to resolve conflicts, facilitate forgiveness and reconciliation, or to communicate through difficulties is through the media or in a public forum so we will not comment."

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Loveday said:

She also posted on FB this morning about Jill's book, accusing Jill of 'dishonoring her mother and her father.' And then she limited comments on the post. She must be either getting a lot of pushback or no one wants to say anything, because the only comment so far is one by Lori herself, a quote from JimBoob and Meech:

5 hours ago, Loveday said:

From JimBob and Michelle: “We love all of our children very much. As with any family, few things are more painful than conflicts or problems among those you love... We do not believe the best way to resolve conflicts, facilitate forgiveness and reconciliation, or to communicate through difficulties is through the media or in a public forum so we will not comment."

Says the parents who put their whole lives and their kids’ whole lives on tv for years. 🙄

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

Lori has a funny way of praising people.   She posted on Twitter today that while she was in Door County, her neighbor who was watching her cat forgot to put it back inside for the night and it was killed by a Coyote.  Then the same neighbor forgot to water her houseplants and they all died. Then they forgot to take the trash out and Lori and Ken came back to a smelly house. 

Why put that on social media?  Someone posted ironically in response "nice neighbors" and Lori replied "they are nice neighbors"

Then why throw them under the bus online for all to see??

The Transformed Wife 

@godlywomanhood

This summer, I went to the cabin my dad built in WI 35 years ago for six weeks. While I was gone, my cat was killed by a coyote. A neighbor taking care of her forgot to put her in that night. All of my houseplants died and the same neighbor forgot to put our trash out for the six weeks. It was packed full and stinky. Homes fall apart without a keeper at home. I love being home and keeping my home running smoothly, everyone being well fed, and keeping it as clean and tidy as possible; for there’s no place like home! (I do miss my cat. )

Edited by SongRed7
  • Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 3
  • WTF 3

Lori, you should have put your trash out just before you left. Or called one of your nearby children to come check on the place a few times while you were away. They  could have watered your plants and made sure the trash had been taken to the curb. Oh, by the way, did you even ASK your neighbour to take the trash out to the curb? Did she even KNOW the bin was full? 

Not to mention, your cat did NOT belong outdoors, period. Especially while you were gone for six weeks. Its death is NOT your neighbour's fault, it's YOURS.

And furthermore, is your neighbour a CHRISTIAN? A keeper at home who submits to her husband in all things? Or is she just 'nice?' Makes a difference, ya know. /s

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

On 9/8/2023 at 7:13 AM, Loveday said:

I suppose she still uses the word "retarded." And still calls people of Japanese origin "Japs." I mean, those words were okay back in her childhood, so why not now?

🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

She probably also uses the N-word and other slurs that she was told was okay when she was a child. 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, ADoyle90815 said:

She probably also uses the N-word and other slurs that she was told was okay when she was a child. 

Probably. Maybe not out in public, because I think even Lori knows the N-word is completely unacceptable these days, but it wouldn't surprise me if she uses some of them within the bosom of her family, or at least around Ken. Considering how unyielding her brain is to any kind of change from the way things used to be in the halcyon golden days of her faulty memory, her brain probably automatically defaults to those old derogatory terms and she has to stop and think when she's out in public to make sure she doesn't say them aloud. I'm sure she's slipped up more than once, though!

• Upvote 1

Lori has mentioned that a young woman was living with them - the sister of her daughter-in-law - and that she would be there until her wedding. I wonder why this young woman couldn’t be bothered to do all those things. She was likely still there if trash was piling up. How does trash pile up if your home is sitting empty?  That part really puzzles me. 

I guess we are weirdos. We empty our trash before leaving on vacation and then, somehow, our trash cans remain empty while we’re gone because, you know, NOBODY IS HOME.  

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

On 9/13/2023 at 2:02 PM, usmcmom said:

Lori has mentioned that a young woman was living with them - the sister of her daughter-in-law - and that she would be there until her wedding. I wonder why this young woman couldn’t be bothered to do all those things. She was likely still there if trash was piling up. How does trash pile up if your home is sitting empty?  That part really puzzles me. 

I guess we are weirdos. We empty our trash before leaving on vacation and then, somehow, our trash cans remain empty while we’re gone because, you know, NOBODY IS HOME.  

It probably fills up with used kitty litter, if there's a cat living there -- and somebody popping by to scoop the box occasionally.

My guess is that a neighbour offered (or was asked) to occasionally check on things, scoop the box, and water the plants.

The neighbour let the cat out briefly (Why? Would Lori have asked them to do this? Our cats are indoor cats.) and couldn't find it to get it to come home before they had to return to their own life. Cats don't come when strangers call them, and a neighbour can't just stay at Lori's house forever if the cat won't come.

Perhaps that neighbour had a crisis, or didn't fully understand how much/often the plants needed water. The neighbour probably didn't know Lori's trash days or procedures, and thought just putting things into the trash in the home was sufficient for someone doing a favour for free.

(Perhaps the neighbour didn't understand why they were needed at all, if someone was actually staying in the home.)

• Upvote 4

14 hours ago, Pammy said:

It probably fills up with used kitty litter, if there's a cat living there -- and somebody popping by to scoop the box occasionally.

I don't think she used a litter box.  She allowed her cats outdoors a lot (most of the day) so I think they did their business outside.  Her other cat died when it was outside and drank antifreeze.

Just a guess but her cats were indoor/outdoor cats with heavy emphasis on outdoor. 

more about her cats: https://thetransformedwife.com/drinking-from-the-poisoned-puddle/

Edited by SongRed7
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, SongRed7 said:

I don't think she used a litter box.  She allowed her cats outdoors a lot (most of the day) so I think they did their business outside.  Her other cat died when it was outside and drank antifreeze.

Just a guess but her cats were indoor/outdoor cats with heavy emphasis on outdoor. 

more about her cats: https://thetransformedwife.com/drinking-from-the-poisoned-puddle/

That's so different from the cat care I am used to providing. Is it unusual/neglect-ish in the part of the world that she is from?

Because local to me, it would be seen that way -- probably due to climate.

Indoor-outdoor cats exist here (in spite of it technically being against bylaws) but the emphasis is on the indoors, and all of them would at least be able to potty overnight or on an inclement day using a box in their own home. It seems really odd, that knowing one's pet produces feces, an owner would just knowingly hope that 100% of defecation happened in public spaces or other people's outdoor property -- and arrange for that to happen. I guess an indoor-outdoor cat with a litter box at home could (and probably is) not using the box for 100% of their needs, but at least it seems like an owner who is keeping a box is trying to be responsible.

Dog are expected to use one's own property or to have the person who is walking them pick up after them -- the owner remains responsible for the feces one way or the other.

Anyhow, that's how it is here. I have no idea what the reasonable cultural expectations around cat ownership are in California.

Edited by Pammy

Lazy Lyin' Lori has been FB dragging Jill Duggar Dillard all week with her numerous posts to "Honor your parents forever no matter what they did (even abuse). Never ever never mention anything bad about them (cover it all up). Forgive everything they did and pour love and grace on them. 'Cause if you don't you're sinning and blaspheming and disobeying God''.

Lori isn't mentioning Jill by name except for her initial post 4 days ago, but it's very obvious who she's posting about.

Hmmmm ....... I wonder if Lori is concerned about what her children might say about her?  Beatings with a leather strap for 4 hours over spilled "rasains" could be the tip of the iceberg.  I wonder what Lori hasn't bragged about?

Edited by Red Hair, Black Dress
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

25 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

"Honor your parents forever no matter what they did (even abuse). Never ever never mention anything bad about them (cover it all up). Forgive everything they did and pour love and grace on them.

Which is really really hysterical that she's spouting this advice considering she has mentioned on many, many occasions how her parents constantly fought, he dad was silent and never around, that her parents never read the Bible to her and all kinds of other "grievance's" growing up.   Is that  honoring your parents, Lori??

I got my book 2 days ago and will probably finish it tonight. Jill is VERY respectful of her parents. She isn't slandering them. She is telling the truth.  I thought Lori LOVED the truth? Even when it was painful, blunt and uncomfortable??

Then she goes on to say we aren't to speak ill of ANYONE.  Funny, I remember her criticizing many other women with Christian ministries (Sheila G. Beth Moore, etc) Heck, she even said Rachel Held Evans was in hell and constantly tore her apart even after she died.  She criticizes women online, calls them jezebels.) In the past she has criticized other women's housekeeping skills, railed against the way they dressed and more.  She said Paige Hilken (who died tragically by suicide and who's widower is marrying her DILs sister very soon) "listened to Satan instead of God" 

Guess she didn't really mean that. What she means is everyone should just put on a pretty little Christian façade.  No, the Duggars need to be exposed by THE TRUTH. The truth isn't "speaking negatively" it's the TRUTH. So many were led astray by the public face the Duggars put on. It was all for TV and not real. Not to mention perhaps some crimes (tax fraud comes to mind). So it's now Christian to cover up those kind of sins??

As a Christian it makes me disillusioned and sick. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

Today on the blog, Lori publishes a private email she got from a young mother who is (allegedly) thankful for Lori's influence in her life.

This poor unfortunate woman begins by describing a privileged childhood by dishonouring her working mother and expressing her resentment of a dedicated nanny throughout her childhood -- even on their family vacations! Although she admits she never minded it at the time, and was proud of her successful mother... she's not so satisfied now.

She then describes a privileged young adulthood, experiencing success at a prestigious university and in her early career, but not always enjoying those rocky college-age romances and the casual dating scene.

This fairly normal life (for families with both wealth and wisdom) fell short of the letter-writer's ideal. She credits God with rescuing her from dating and helping her find her husband, and now she has become a parent.

She now feels guilty (thanks Lori!) for the feminism with which she made her early marital and parenting choices, including some daycare for one of her kids. She felt burdened and not always happy with the hard work of raising a family during those young years. In addition she also didn't like her job very much either. I wonder if she had some postpartum depression sloshing around in that mixture too (just speculating).

She credits God with her sudden realization that stay-at-home parents exist, and that, given the income level of her spouse, it was an option for her. So, she gave it a try. She found it very challenging (it is) and found some social and emotional support in a church.

Since then, her brain has been working overtime to rationalize her choice (even though it needs no defense, really) and villainize people who make other choices (which is totally uncalled for). She now thinks equality between the sexes is all wrong! She thinks feminism dictates an order of life for young adulthood (college and career before starting a family) and promotes the prioritization of career above family. She thinks *that's* what's making women so 'unhappy these days'.

The writer, like any normal woman, originally reacted with disdain to Lori's drivel. However, she credits Lori with helping her take joy in homemaking and cherishing her family.

Hindsight has told this woman that college was a mistake, and she would have been better off to rush into having kids. She (like many of us) would also like to erase some of her more unpleasant early romances. Even further back, her wishful thinking would have liked to deprive her mother of a career as a doctor (and let the world deal with having one fewer doctor to help and heal people) just so she could have had a little more maternal company, cooking that didn't rely on prepared foods, and some at-home religious instruction. She 'mourns her childhood' because she was not provided with these things by a woman whose whole life apparently ought to have been solely focused on her.

Well, she's going to do better. By baking. Without her mother's help, even!

So thanks Lori! It's so hard for this woman to keep denying the common sense and attempted-equality being lived out around her in our terrible culture. Lori helps keep the cognitive dissonance at bay! It's only Lori's way or selfish hedonism. She knows that now. 

This lady is totally set up to fail, go through another dozen guilt loops, and wish herself a different past a hundred times until -- hopefully -- she gets the therapy she needs.

• Sad 2
  • Thank You 4

I'm venturing that the young mother allegedly exists because that "Letter to Lori" is too perfect, too pat, too praising of every single thing Lori preaches. (Yes she preaches. I don't care what she says, she does).

I'm always very skeptical and cynical about the letters Lori receives that praise/ thank her for showing former jezebels the error of their ways. I don't believe 99.99999999% of the letter are real.

If that letter writer is real, she's tying herself into knots to be someone she isn't, guilting herself about things she cannot change, and setting herself up to fail spectacularly big time.

I think she definitely needs therapy. She definitely does not need Lori. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 5

3 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Lazy Lyin' Lori has been FB dragging Jill Duggar Dillard all week with her numerous posts to "Honor your parents forever no matter what they did (even abuse). Never ever never mention anything bad about them (cover it all up). Forgive everything they did and pour love and grace on them. 'Cause if you don't you're sinning and blaspheming and disobeying God''.

Lori isn't mentioning Jill by name except for her initial post 4 days ago, but it's very obvious who she's posting about.

Hmmmm ....... I wonder if Lori is concerned about what her children might say about her?  Beatings with a leather strap for 4 hours over spilled "rasains" could be the tip of the iceberg.  I wonder what Lori hasn't bragged about?

What slays me is that LazyLori has done plenty of parent bashing herself over the years. In fact, her Aunt Ginny even spoke up one time and told her she was telling lies about her parents’ relationship. Every time I think she can’t shock me any longer with her hypocrisy…she does!

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic