IGNORED

CarVan12: Health Scare Continues ... and Worsens :(

nelliebelle1197

Today's youtube:

Carlin has had the flu and pink eye. They went and got smoothies.

Evan asked the smoothie person to give him whatever had vitamins and stuff in it.

Evan is shilling casetify  phone cases.

Katie and Travis came to stay

They ordered a table. It had a delivery date. They waited awhile for it to arrive then went to lunch....and received a call it was 15 min away. So Travis and Evan complained about having to leave their lunch...to be clear ...on the same day they were expecting delivery of a large table.

He didn't really clearly show the table after all that.

There was mention of layla being able to eat at the table in her high chair.

They went out to eat and golf with Katie and Travis

They went out to eat with boutique employees

They went to Xmas party at Gil Kelly house.

They giggled a lot. It was excessive.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 7

23 hours ago, WatchingTheTireFireBurn said:

Today's youtube:

Carlin has had the flu and pink eye.

Katie and Travis came to stay

I was surprised Katie and Travis decided to stay after they had the flu and pink eye that week. Talk about contagious illnesses! I wonder how many of their coworkers and family are sick this week! These people...

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 7

1 hour ago, gobucks said:

I was surprised Katie and Travis decided to stay after they had the flu and pink eye that week. Talk about contagious illnesses! I wonder how many of their coworkers and family are sick this week! These people...

Yeah, the flu especially can be very severe and dangerous in pregnant people. Hopefully they were all past their contagious period by the time Katie and Travis arrived 

• Upvote 4

The Stewarts really intrigue me. I wonder if they ever set any boundaries for Layla (like only put stickers on the books they come in instead of putting them on the brand new beautiful dinning room table). It’s like they can’t anticipate any problems they might encounter with the kids. Maybe they’re just super chill.

And I just realized that dinning is a real word, so that’s why spellcheck never helps the Bates girls out.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.e7de06208787446985c9aa04061c4bbd.png

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, JDuggs said:

The Stewarts really intrigue me. I wonder if they ever set any boundaries for Layla (like only put stickers on the books they come in instead of putting them on the brand new beautiful dinning room table). It’s like they can’t anticipate any problems they might encounter with the kids. Maybe they’re just super chill.

And I just realized that dinning is a real word, so that’s why spellcheck never helps the Bates girls out.

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.e7de06208787446985c9aa04061c4bbd.png

Could this be a weird way that Carlin just doesn't have experience in this area because their family was so rarely given stickers that it simply didn't come up? And then Evan as a boy never really thought about it.

My ex only had brothers (three of them) and had a bunch of head scratching lack-of-proper-socialization things because his mom never bothered to articulate nor express any of the nurturing she did. Though TBH she really didn't do much nurturing -two horrifyingly hands-off parents, but I guess that can happen when you have four boys in four years.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

Even if you set rules and boundaries with kids they will often break them. Last time my daughter was using paints, she thought it was a good idea to paint her entire hand green. One time she also decided to paint her face with clear nail polish. 

They also might not have thought to tell her not to put stickers on the table. My husband didn't think that anything would go wrong with letting my daughter play with Play-doh in a carpeted room. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Knight of Ni said:

Even if you set rules and boundaries with kids they will often break them. Last time my daughter was using paints, she thought it was a good idea to paint her entire hand green. One time she also decided to paint her face with clear nail polish. 

They also might not have thought to tell her not to put stickers on the table. My husband didn't think that anything would go wrong with letting my daughter play with Play-doh in a carpeted room. 

When my kids were little, vinyl table cloths on the dining room table was a must. They would be smart to buy one. They are cheap but ugly. And we know how superficial these people are. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

I think that the Stewarts find Layla’s mischievous behavior to be good social media content: relatable, funny, cute. But if that was my brand new table, I would have been crying when I saw stickers on it. They’ve shared Layla getting into makeup, spilling nail polish and now this. I hope the cleaning supplies are child proofed because they could run into big problems when they have two kids that they’re not adequately watching entertaining themselves. I’m guessing the Bates family didn’t have “nice” furniture while Carlin was growing up, so she wasn’t warned to treat furniture carefully. I don’t understand how Instagram people have nice homes/furnishings and little kids.

• Upvote 9

1 hour ago, JDuggs said:

I think that the Stewarts find Layla’s mischievous behavior to be good social media content: relatable, funny, cute. But if that was my brand new table, I would have been crying when I saw stickers on it. They’ve shared Layla getting into makeup, spilling nail polish and now this. 

I also think the Bates/Duggars ladies LOOOOVE to show their daughters messing with their beauty stuff because it reinforces their ideal of daughters as little princess divas--and that all females are inherently feminine and can't resist the siren song of lipstick and perfume.  They also love to put beauty products on their daughters at a very early age (frankly I don't like putting nail polish on tiny little girls) so of course their girls want to do it again themselves.

My mother's lipstick, etc. was always waaaay up in the bathroom medicine chest where toddlers couldn't reach!  But I think these fundy gals often have their makeup bags within reach, so they are just asking for messes!

• Upvote 9

Luckily stickers are easy to get off with Windex or goo gone. But nail polish requires acetone. Which eats away at the surface underneath. Not good. 

• Upvote 1

Layla is 2 years and a half. Kids that age do things like that at every home. But she has very immature parents, so maybe they just expect she will behave without no work on their part.

BUT Carlin has been very sick and with a newborn and Evan has been really busy, and the situation at home has been very stresful for months. Considering that, it's quite normal they are leaving Layla a bit "on her way". Not that I'm defending them (I think they are dumb) but I suspect any of us would find the energy to putting boundaries in a toddler if we were having seizures while caring for a baby. Parents live in survival mode when raising children+ dealing with sickness.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 4

21 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

Layla is 2 years and a half. Kids that age do things like that at every home. But she has very immature parents, so maybe they just expect she will behave without no work on their part.

BUT Carlin has been very sick and with a newborn and Evan has been really busy, and the situation at home has been very stresful for months. Considering that, it's quite normal they are leaving Layla a bit "on her way". Not that I'm defending them (I think they are dumb) but I suspect any of us would find the energy to putting boundaries in a toddler if we were having seizures while caring for a baby. Parents live in survival mode when raising children+ dealing with sickness.

That's a good point. 

She's also playing with stickers, and not in traffic.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 3

Let me mother hen cluck cluck a bit.

First, did all of Carlin's health issues develop after her Covid infection?  If so, she may be struggling with some type of post-viral syndrome.

Second: This woman should NEVER have gotten "the flu."  I'm assuming they don't believe in flu shots.  I know, I know, it doesn't protect against every strain. BUT...

The entire damn outfit should have been staying home and masked up for rare outings, like to the grocery store, because she's a woman (with an infant) and her health is already seriously compromised...and contagion.  There are areas of our country that have no pediatric hospital beds because of the trifecta of flu/Covid/RSV. 

Three: Did she have "the flu" or Covid...again?  

These people are oblivious. 

Just my opinion, of course, but DAMN, her health situation is terrifying and precarious and they are just oblivious. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 16
  • I Agree 10

1 hour ago, Howl said:

Let me mother hen cluck cluck a bit.

First, did all of Carlin's health issues develop after her Covid infection?  If so, she may be struggling with some type of post-viral syndrome.

Second: This woman should NEVER have gotten "the flu."  I'm assuming they don't believe in flu shots.  I know, I know, it doesn't protect against every strain. BUT...

The entire damn outfit should have been staying home and masked up for rare outings, like to the grocery store, because she's a woman (with an infant) and her health is already seriously compromised...and contagion.  There are areas of our country that have no pediatric hospital beds because of the trifecta of flu/Covid/RSV. 

Three: Did she have "the flu" or Covid...again?  

These people are oblivious. 

Just my opinion, of course, but DAMN, her health situation is terrifying and precarious and they are just oblivious. 

I feel like her issues started with her meningitis after her epidural with Layla. That was when things started to get weird with her. She did have covid, but I don't know if this past week was flu or repeat covid. Flu A is running rampant here in Ohio. 

• Upvote 6

37 minutes ago, gobucks said:

I feel like her issues started with her meningitis after her epidural with Layla. That was when things started to get weird with her. She did have covid, but I don't know if this past week was flu or repeat covid. Flu A is running rampant here in Ohio. 

Flu A has torn through my son's school the last few months (we're in Ohio too). It's worse than covid right now, and our covid situation isn't exactly great.

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 2

20 hours ago, HereticHick said:

I also think the Bates/Duggars ladies LOOOOVE to show their daughters messing with their beauty stuff because it reinforces their ideal of daughters as little princess divas--and that all females are inherently feminine and can't resist the siren song of lipstick and perfume.  They also love to put beauty products on their daughters at a very early age (frankly I don't like putting nail polish on tiny little girls) so of course their girls want to do it again themselves.

My mother's lipstick, etc. was always waaaay up in the bathroom medicine chest where toddlers couldn't reach!  But I think these fundy gals often have their makeup bags within reach, so they are just asking for messes!

Just wait until Zade gets into Carlin’s lipstick. They won’t find it quite so funny. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, postscript said:

Just wait until Zade gets into Carlin’s lipstick. They won’t find it quite so funny. 

These two might. Evan isn't exactly the picture of masculinity, but he now has a wife and two kids regardless. Carlin also speaks highly of him loving to shop with her, and considering Zade has Layla to toddle after, it seems like of any pair we follow, they might be the most amenable to finding it cute.

• Upvote 6

On 12/16/2022 at 11:18 AM, gobucks said:

Yes, she said in a video that the doctors think so too, that the meningitis might have been the starting point. 

14 hours ago, CaptainFunderpants said:

These two might. Evan isn't exactly the picture of masculinity, but he now has a wife and two kids regardless. Carlin also speaks highly of him loving to shop with her, and considering Zade has Layla to toddle after, it seems like of any pair we follow, they might be the most amenable to finding it cute.

Zade often wears a lot of Layla's hand me downs. I do think they would find it cute. Evan has gone with Carlin and gotten a pedicure (Travis went too, but he was a lot less chill about it). 

• Upvote 4

Man, I have been trying to convince my husband to go get a pedicure with me.  So relaxing!  But then again, I have a work friend I go with every 8 weeks or so which works out fine.

• Upvote 2

Today's video. For once, Evan did not click bait me. It says cutest video ever of Layla. And Layla was soooooooo cute (talking toddler style). So I will give him that.

They drove around at lights (terrible content as we watched mostly the interior of the car). They (low key) made fun of Evan's mom cuz she can't work the phone on a FaceTime with layla. Layla went to dentist. They....uh...went to target. Yep exciting.

Lastly, they made gingerbread houses. Evan was a whiny wet blanket about the whole thing. Lighten up dude. Geez. (Because his kept falling down and he's "not creative"). Layla's broke and she started to freak out and then decided it was OK. But Evan whined and complained the whole time. He also appeared to be wearing thin xmas leggings. But maybe they were thin pants. I dunno....but they seemed very thin and tight like leggings. Especially they leggings you see people wear and you're like please don't bend over and reveal how see through that fabric is.

Carlin made a very nice gingerbread house.

Evan continues to wear his hat oddly high on his head and do faux gangster signs. And I realized what he reminded me of...in addition to vanilla ice...

Spoiler

1902975157_Screenshot_20221217-224234_SamsungInternet.jpg.c27997df383569f8954f104217de7179.jpgScreenshot_20221217-224450_YouTube.jpg.1dd988f6af7cb15ce84ba8cd45a2a2f0.jpg704301610_Screenshot_20221217-224928_SamsungInternet.jpg.d74e95c6a4e867fd2a46e7a5866517fd.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 14

3 hours ago, WatchingTheTireFireBurn said:

Today's video. For once, Evan did not click bait me. It says cutest video ever of Layla. And Layla was soooooooo cute (talking toddler style). So I will give him that.

They drove around at lights (terrible content as we watched mostly the interior of the car). They (low key) made fun of Evan's mom cuz she can't work the phone on a FaceTime with layla. Layla went to dentist. They....uh...went to target. Yep exciting.

Lastly, they made gingerbread houses. Evan was a whiny wet blanket about the whole thing. Lighten up dude. Geez. (Because his kept falling down and he's "not creative"). Layla's broke and she started to freak out and then decided it was OK. But Evan whined and complained the whole time. He also appeared to be wearing thin xmas leggings. But maybe they were thin pants. I dunno....but they seemed very thin and tight like leggings. Especially they leggings you see people wear and you're like please don't bend over and reveal how see through that fabric is.

Carlin made a very nice gingerbread house.

Evan continues to wear his hat oddly high on his head and do faux gangster signs. And I realized what he reminded me of...in addition to vanilla ice...

Reveal hidden contents

1902975157_Screenshot_20221217-224234_SamsungInternet.jpg.c27997df383569f8954f104217de7179.jpgScreenshot_20221217-224450_YouTube.jpg.1dd988f6af7cb15ce84ba8cd45a2a2f0.jpg704301610_Screenshot_20221217-224928_SamsungInternet.jpg.d74e95c6a4e867fd2a46e7a5866517fd.jpg

Wow… I laughed so hard!! Ice ice baby.  🤣 he’s so young. Probably doesn’t know who vanilla ice is. 😁

• Haha 2

On 12/15/2022 at 9:07 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

When my kids were little, vinyl table cloths on the dining room table was a must. They would be smart to buy one. They are cheap but ugly. And we know how superficial these people are. 

We are two adults with no children and we have a vinyl table cloth that is transparent. Absolutely game changer. We put it on top of our regular table cloth, it is so practical. A friend found it strange at first, but now she has her own one.  

• Upvote 5

6 hours ago, Lista said:

Wow… I laughed so hard!! Ice ice baby.  🤣 he’s so young. Probably doesn’t know who vanilla ice is. 😁

Oy. Yeah he probably does not know the insane level cringe that was vanilla ice in the 90s. But 90s vanilla ice is Evan's spirit animal. 

(Also another "now I feel old" moment)

• Haha 8

• Coconut Flan locked this topic