IGNORED

CarVan12: Health Scare Continues ... and Worsens :(

nelliebelle1197

14 minutes ago, moreorlessnu said:

Their latest video ground to a crawl during the section where Evan was complaining about not having space to work in the boutique.

I notice they don't always know how to edit their footage to keep their videos "snappy". Other YouTuber do a much better job.

I dont think he has enough content. Other mommy type vloggers can do hair, makeup, clothes, cooking, get ready with me to pad things out. Evan doesn't generally show Carlin doing any of that, so he just doesn't have the same options. They're often just vlogging from their car.

Other men vloggers I've seen do "comedy" skits and lots of crafts/woodworking/home improvement, Evan doesn't seem to do anything like that either.

I mean what are their personalities?  Evan...likes making videos....and....??

Carlin likes beauty stuff i guess. She seems to put a lot of time into it anyway.

Do they have any hobbies besides manicures and eating out?

If you take away all the health issues updates between carlin & kids...what is there?

I thought we'd see them singing together or writing songs or something. 

Also, Evan edits his own stuff and is very fond of his own(not funny to me) jokes that rely should be taken out. Watching "editing evan" guffawing over himself in the video is so cringe.

I think Joy's are edited much better which is why I don't think Evan edits Joy's videos.

• Upvote 5

Today's youtube vlog:

For you safety minded folks- Evan installed a baby gate at the top of the stairs.

Layla continued to be more whiny and at times jealous of zade.

Layla got blood work and back xray. Nothing found. Recommended get new car seat. Maybe chiropractor. 

They are going to start potty training Layla.

And she has an appt soon for a 3 year follow up on the heart condition she had a birth (I believe it was a small hole they expected to close on its own-if memory serves)

And that was it.

Edited by WatchingTheTireFireBurn
Typo
  • Upvote 6
  • Thank You 2

4 hours ago, gobucks said:

Katie said in her YouTube video that she is planning on having Carlin in the room during Hailey's birth. 

Aww, that's special!

and I guess she isn't as close with Josie anymore.

• Upvote 4

8 hours ago, MaryOrMartha said:

Aww, that's special!

Carlin and Katie seem to have grown closer in the last couple of years and I think a lot of it is Travis and Evan. The two of them seem to have really hit it off and are much closer than Kelton and Travis. 

• Upvote 5

9 hours ago, MaryOrMartha said:

Aww, that's special!

Josie seems to not be a big fan of having people with her when she gives birth or being with others when they do. So that may come into play too. Carlin seems to enjoy having others around her and being there taking pics for others. So that may play into it.

I don't know that Josie thrives on other people as much as Katie and Carlin seem to at this point. 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

Carlin and Katie seem to have grown closer in the last couple of years and I think a lot of it is Travis and Evan. The two of them seem to have really hit it off and are much closer than Kelton and Travis. 

Katie said she talked Carlin into spending two weeks in New Jersey, it's safe to assume Evan and the kids will be there. Even if Katie and Josie were very close I don't see Josie taking two weeks to lounge around Katie's house. That and the observations above that Josie is not into crashing delivery rooms.  

• Upvote 7

26 minutes ago, gobucks said:

I don't think Josie could take 2 weeks off work and neither can her husband. 

I think they both would take two weeks off for an epic cool vacation, but to go to NJ to watch Katie give birth? Not worth it. 

I know Katie loves having family around, but the first couple of weeks should be a special time for just the three of them. It’s going to be pretty crazy and loud with the Stew Crew in the house. Layla’s going to be all over that newborn sharing all of her 2 year old germs. I think Carlin is clinging onto Katie as her best sister friend (not counting Whitney) and needs to assert her place as Katie’s most supportive sister.

• Upvote 5

11 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

Completely agree, re: the husbands.

The other factor with picking Carlin (in addition to the flexible schedule and social media skills) I'm guessing is to avoid picking between the moms. Katie mentioned that their hospital has a rule about only two people in the delivery room, including the spouse, and so this way she doesn't cause any hurt feelings with Momma Clark.

That said, I honestly feel like Carlin will be a pretty darn good advocate for Katie. Travis seems like the type to get bashful and quiet and not defend his wife as much as he should, while Carlin definitely is not afraid to speak her mind, plus has recent births under her belt and so she's familiar with how things currently work/what the options are.

• Upvote 6

I agree that Carlin seems to be a good choice to have in the delivery with her… she’s also into taking pics which I’m sure Katie will appreciate and want. But I agree about having house guests afterwards - I would def not have wanted that, let alone two young kiddos as well. Maybe they’ll stay in a close by Airbnb so Evan can be somewhere else with the kids while Carlin helps Katie rest and take care of babe etc?

re: choosing between the moms, is it really common to have your mother-in-law watch you give birth? I would never be comfortable with that, and my MIL and I have a good relationship. My mom was present when I gave birth, but I wouldn’t have been comfortable with that either had it not been for the fact that my husband was having significant medical issues at the time and we were unsure if he’d be able to attend the birth. Originally we wanted it to just be the two of us (husband and I). 

• Upvote 7

Who in a normal world can just take 2 weeks off for a sibling having a baby? Especially when you have 2 small children and her health issues. 

• Upvote 10

7 hours ago, Jrodseyeliner said:

Who in a normal world can just take 2 weeks off for a sibling having a baby? Especially when you have 2 small children and her health issues. 

The Bateses all live completely different lives from most people. It’s nuts. 

And personally, I didn’t even want my sister in the delivery room and she is a nurse (had worked labor/delivery/NICU at the time). 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

19 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

I assume Travis and Katie want to monetize the birth and need the third person in the room to run the camera. 

Just screams “modest”, doesn’t it? /s

• Upvote 3

24 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Just screams “modest”, doesn’t it? /s

There’s nothing I could call modest when it comes to the Bates family.

• Upvote 5

17 minutes ago, neuroticcat said:

I did not want my mom or MIL in delivery. Husband and medical professionals. That’s it. Had a doula a few times too. 

Me too. Not a spectator sport, IMO.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

12 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Me too. Not a spectator sport, IMO.

Never had kids but got one story on "delivery spectators".  When my niece had her first child she delivered at the same hospital that her MIL worked as a labor and delivery nurse.   SIL excitedly told me when she delivered it was niece, husband, SIL, MIL, and staff that went in to watch.  That didn't include the Dr. and the other working medical professionals.   Honestly it sounded like niece was on display.     

I did notice that when niece had baby no. 2, SIL was at home having to watch the older brother.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4

I had my mom in the delivery room for my worst and I am glad I did because it friend into a shit show and I was glad to have her support when my son was rushed to the NICU and my husband had to accompany him. 

For my second I had a midwife and felt more confident handling it on my own, so my mom stayed with my oldest and it was just my husband and I. It was quick and easy. 

My third was an unplanned C-section at 33 weeks. I knew my husband would need to go to the NiCU so I had my mom there to meet me in recovery and I am glad I did. 

I am very close to my mom and I was glad to have her for support. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, nokidsmom said:

Never had kids but got one story on "delivery spectators".  When my niece had her first child she delivered at the same hospital that her MIL worked as a labor and delivery nurse.   SIL excitedly told me when she delivered it was niece, husband, SIL, MIL, and staff that went in to watch.  That didn't include the Dr. and the other working medical professionals.   Honestly it sounded like niece was on display.     

I did notice that when niece had baby no. 2, SIL was at home having to watch the older brother.  

That sounds awful. I want my husband and my mom and that’s it.

• Upvote 3

My mom is almost as useless as my husband when it comes to childbirth. She almost fainted when she saw me have a contraction at home before we left for the hospital. And then he almost fainted when he saw me get an IV. They both had to sit and compose themselves or they would have passed out. And I was the one having  a giant baby with no pain relief. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 15
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 5

I wanted my husband and my mother there, but covid restrictions required it to be only one.  I would tell him not to push my buttons or he'd be out during the late stages of pregnancy.

I do wish I'd had my mom there, but c'est la vie.  We didn't tell anyone we were getting induced but my parents and his parents with strict rules not to tell.  When it ended in a csection we had a nice, people-free few days free from any intrusion in the hospital.

• Upvote 2

My mom was at my first and every contraction she tensed up so I finally kicked her out of the room.  She thanked me.  It’s been over 20 years and we still laugh at her handling the contractions worse than me. 

• Upvote 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic