IGNORED

CarVan12: Health Scare Continues ... and Worsens :(

nelliebelle1197

I find funeral attire depends on the religious/ethnic tradition. For funerals in the Lutheran Church I was brought up in, people tend to wear quiet or neutral colors, but not necessarily black. However, I’ve been to several Jewish funerals, and for those, nearly everyone is dressed in black, including dark ties. 

Funerals are nearly always open to everyone (if it’s private, that will be clearly stated in the obituary), but the actual interment is usually reserved for family and very close friends.  I’ve been to very few funerals that didn’t provide some sort of a meal afterwards, either in the church fellowship hall, a restaurant, or a family member’s home. Usually these are open to all, but in practice, it’s family members and close friends who show up. If the meal is at the church, it’s usually provided by the church and consists of cold cuts, pot luck casseroles, and store-bought cookies. I’ve been to more than one funeral where those who wanted to stay started eating, while the pastor and one or two family members slipped off to the interment and then returned and ate with the stragglers. 

• Upvote 3

Midwest, and funerals I’ve been to are usually a mixed bag. Close family and friends tend to be more formal. Some people in jeans. Women can generally wear any dress but club wear, etc and it’s fine. Florals or stripes won’t get you a dirty look for not wearing black. 

...but on the subject on funerals, I have a small, sad announcement. Cancer recently took a relative from us. I found out in the last year she was a Free Jinger member too! I never found out her user name, but know we lost a good one. (I’m guessing she was a lurker because lord knows I never, ever heard her insult anyone even a JillRod type or be cruel intentionally.) a great way to honor her would to be go out and tell someone a compliment today. ) We miss her.

• Sad 1
  • Love 16

6 hours ago, nolongerIFBx said:

So sorry to hear that. They are special people in our lives!

Thank you.

10 hours ago, Alisamer said:

I've been to two funerals in the past 3 weeks. I personally always wear black (I like black and have a lot of black clothes) but not necessarily 100% black. At one, it was at a funeral home, and most of the friends and family were your average American who considers themselves Christian but hasn't been in an actual church in years. Most people wore darker colors and nice clothes, whatever that meant for them. Deceased was a 30-year-old friend of mine... her brother wore a clean white T-shirt and his nicest jeans. His son wore similar clothes but with a sport jacket. Some men wore suits. Most women wore nice but not brightly colored clothes, like you might wear to an office. Skirts, slacks, maybe a dress. I wore black slacks with black mary jane shoes, and a teal tank top under a black sweater that was kind of openwork. It did have sequins on it, but I felt like my friend would have liked it.

This past weekend was an interment for an elderly cousin of mine - she died in June and had a funeral then where she had lived, and they did a graveside service this past weekend here where she was from, to bury her ashes with her husband and family. I wore a black t-shirt dress over burgundy leggings with black boots, with a long duster style charcoal gray cardigan. Most of the family wore sweaters/skirts... nice clothes but not fancy, and not all black. The men wore suits, mostly. One more flamboyant man in the family wore a yellow sweater with a navy scarf that had white polka dots on it. But the deceased would have loved it. 

Most funerals I think are pretty open in my area - the obituary will generally say something along the lines of "receiving friends from 6-8pm Friday evening at the funeral home. A funeral service will be held at whatever church at this time on Saturday, followed by a graveside service." and then after might say "all are welcome to attend" or if it's small and private might say "graveside service for close friends and family" or something like that. If it's super small and very private there'll just be phone calls to those invited to attend.

As for food, it depends. Usually nothing in my area after receiving friends, though that might be an evening thing (or sometimes it's right before the actual funeral). After the actual funeral and graveside service, there might be a meal provided by the church or something... usually the graveside service is smaller than the full funeral so at that point the random less close attendees have gone off elsewhere so the meal is not a zillion people. The ones I attended recently, after the one there wasn't a meal, but I think the family likely had a meal together. After my cousin's interment (which was small-ish) her daughter said "mom would like to take everyone to lunch" and we all went to the Famous Toastery for a meal together that she used some of her mother's estate to pay for. For my grandparents there was a meal for the family and close friends, I think, served by a committee at church that handled that sort of thing. 

I'm in the US south, and part of our culture historically has been that as soon as someone passes away, people start showing up at the family's house with food. (Also, Baptists eat. A lot. Food is a THING with Baptist churches.) So there is that - literally a former friend's mom passed away while we were at church, she and I found out between Sunday School and the service and went home, and the first people to show up who weren't hospice or the funeral home brought a deli tray and a gallon of tea. The next people called first and asked if we needed food. Somebody else brought over a casserole. The expectation is that there will be visitors, the family will be busy, and therefore food will be a good thing to have around without the family having to plan or cook. 

Wishing you comfort and peace. I'm sorry. 

Thank you.

Today's video [which again I watched because it showed up at a slow moment in my day-how does youtube know??]:

they worked cyber Monday at the boutique

the dog had a birthday and was cute

They might get a fence.

layla decorated the tree

They put fire next to exactly the same type of fluffy pampas grass decor item as they set fire to a couple weeks ago. 

Evan continued to wear his hat backwards and floating oddly high like annoying 90s pop stars. Whether vanilla ice ever exactly wore a hat like that I don't know but when I see Evan's hat like that I immediately start singing ice ice baby (not with fondness)

Zade looked sick. Must be "allergies " All the people I know these days who are science deniers suddenly have "allergies." allergies means you can't possibly have covid or flu or rsv. And therefore need not change any routines or take precautions.

Then zade went to urgent care. For pink eye. He got an ointment. Not drops. This was specified. 

Thrilling content.

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 8
  • Thank You 1

I guess Carlin's not worried about having an "episode" as she was videoed on a chair decorating the tree. Did it ever occur to her that she could have a seizure and fall? 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, WatchingTheTireFireBurn said:

Zade looked sick. Must be "allergies " All the people I know these days who are science deniers suddenly have "allergies." allergies means you can't possibly have covid or flu or rsv. And therefore need not change any routines or take precautions.

Ughhh this right here. Hate it. Especially now having a young baby, we’ve been in situations where we see someone who mentions nothing about respiratory symptoms beforehand, then when we get there, it’s “I have a stuffy nose/cough/etc but I’m thinking it must be allergies” **despite the fact that I have never had such “allergies” before in my life**

**Added by me with sarcasm lol. 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 2

30 minutes ago, clueliss said:

Zade actually had pink eye.  It wasn’t allergies.  

Earlier in the video he looked sick though and they said he must have allergies.

3 hours ago, postscript said:

They might get a fence? They actually consider this newsworthy? 

They've invited their watchers to comment with advice on fencing....In a stereotypical suburban neighborhood....where both side neighbors have fences already.

Also they called Lawson to get advice cuz he got a fence.

And on my god I know all this and it's taking up space in my brain.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 15

I think Carlin is trolling us now. I have to assume someone has pointed out this spelling mistake to her in a nice way by now.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.1e011b6e336d0db5288f3542cb867cf8.png

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, JDuggs said:

I think Carlin is trolling us now. I have to assume someone has pointed out this spelling mistake to her in a nice way by now.

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.1e011b6e336d0db5288f3542cb867cf8.png

I guess Alyssa taught her how to spell that word. 

• Haha 14
  • I Agree 1

I was coming here to post the dinning thing too. I honestly was thinking (about the post) surely not… 

• Upvote 1

If you are going to work in social media, proper communication (including correct spelling), is an important skill. How does this fly?

• Upvote 5

That purple sweatshirt of hers makes me think of Violet Beauregarde in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, it's all I think of when she wears it.  😂🫐🫐🫐

When is the matching sweatshirt and pants trend going to pass? These people look like they wear their pajamas everywhere. 

Also, just my personal taste, but not a big fan of the brother and sister matchy matchy outfits.🙄

• I Agree 3

7 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Honestly can't figure out what is going on with her captions.

image.png.24329b5508d123cb6dcdf4e3927b84c0.png

This was voice to text..it was captioning what she was saying and it was hilariously bad. 

4 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

This was voice to text..it was captioning what she was saying and it was hilariously bad. 

So she doesn't even speak correctly. More proof that she's not the sharpest tool in the shed. But she sure learned how to pimp out her discount codes! 

6 hours ago, 0 kids n not countin said:

That purple sweatshirt of hers makes me think of Violet Beauregarde in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, it's all I think of when she wears it.  😂🫐🫐🫐

When is the matching sweatshirt and pants trend going to pass? These people look like they wear their pajamas everywhere. 

Also, just my personal taste, but not a big fan of the brother and sister matchy matchy outfits.🙄

I love sweats. But even I won’t wear the matching sweat suits. I will wear a gray sweat shirt with black leggings. I have gray sweat pants I wear around the house but I refuse to wear them with my gray sweat shirt. I guess I just imagine myself looking like a big gray cloud. And that’s depressing. 

• I Agree 1

Oh Jesus, this is Carlin and Evan’s second child and they still haven’t learned to throw an extra outfit in the diaper bag when they take a baby out of the house? I can’t believe these two are running a seemingly successful business. They are so oblivious, disorganized or lacking in common sense.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.4d00b38f0fcd91eaa757b5aa094877fd.png

• Upvote 4

I was thinking the other day that I was surprised Carlin hadn’t posted anything about Zade eating solids. Because he’s what, 8-9 months now? Tonight she posted that her mom got him baby foods for Christmas and that she was excited for him to try them all. I wonder if that means he hasn’t had solids yet, and why the delay, if that’s the case 

17 minutes ago, Keys said:

I was thinking the other day that I was surprised Carlin hadn’t posted anything about Zade eating solids. Because he’s what, 8-9 months now? Tonight she posted that her mom got him baby foods for Christmas and that she was excited for him to try them all. I wonder if that means he hasn’t had solids yet, and why the delay, if that’s the case 

I’m pretty sure I remember Zade eating little pieces of regular food, not baby food, when they’ve been out having fast food. They just got the “dinning” table so I don’t think we’ve  seen the Stewarts eating at their new house yet. I don’t recall seeing a high chair there either. Zade seems to be sick a lot because the Stewarts don’t seem to be concerned about his exposure to viruses, but he’s obviously well fed.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, JDuggs said:

I’m pretty sure I remember Zade eating little pieces of regular food, not baby food, when they’ve been out having fast food. They just got the “dinning” table so I don’t think we’ve  seen the Stewarts eating at their new house yet. I don’t recall seeing a high chair there either. Zade seems to be sick a lot because the Stewarts don’t seem to be concerned about his exposure to viruses, but he’s obviously well fed.

Makes sense! And yes, not so much for the calories when they’re under 12 months, but more so cause they need iron, and don’t get enough from breast milk past 6 months. 

1 hour ago, JDuggs said:

They’ve showed Layla in a high chair. It’s closer to the kitchen I think. 

18 hours ago, marmalade said:

So she doesn't even speak correctly. More proof that she's not the sharpest tool in the shed. But she sure learned how to pimp out her discount codes! 

I mean I am not arguing that she is a genius but literally every time I see the voice to text translations on Instagram they are always hilariously bad. It is not limited to fundies, the AI just isn't that great. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic