IGNORED

CarVan12: Health Scare Continues ... and Worsens :(

nelliebelle1197

13 minutes ago, GracieLou Free Duggar said:

I hope Carlin doesn't have any issues in the delivery room.

With her upped med dosage, she's been taking daily afternoon naps. This could be an issue. They haven't mentioned any "episodes" lately.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, BeccaGrim said:

Is Carlin pregnant? 

No, Katie is. And Carlin will be with her in the delivery room.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

Today's youtube vlog:

Evan shocked me by NOT dragging out and being insane dramatic over the top about Layla's heart update.

Update: the hole has healed itself as expected. 

Thank you Evan for not spending 20 minutes being an ass about clickbait (this time).

The stupid hat didn't appear either! Whoo hoo!

Keep it up #nohat2023

There was some boring footage about the boutique. I was reading stuff on my phone and didn't actually pay attention.

The rest was a ridiculous Layla birthday day.

I'm actually pretty grossed out. It was all about making Layla "so pretty" and praising her for being a drama queen and encouraging her to value her looks over everything. Gag.

If Carlin entered her into a pageant next I would not be surprised.

Layla got a spa day. What toddler would want to play with friends or toys when you can get a facial?

Yet another manicure and a pedicure. They did her hair at a salon with hairspray and glitter.

She got make up done and make up to take home.

She got her ears pierced and it was so sad as Evan filmed her crying and crying and her poor little red swollen earlobes. 

They repeatedly had Layla show all her "presents" to the camera (make up, jewelry, and facials stuff...not like...toys or anything)

It was just gross to me how they went on and on about how she was sooooo pretty now.

Ew.

Thank you Jinger for not doing pedophile friendly youtube videos!

They were in Nashville. And showed the make over room's dresser that finally arrived.

And Evan put his dirty street shoes IN THE DRAWERS.

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 3
  • WTF 12
  • Thank You 3

I was bored and watched the most recent couple of videos. I found myself wondering what Evan actually does at the boutique other than wander around shooting video footage and opening the occasional box. I’m torn between nice gig and wondering why he doesn’t want to do more with his life. At least display more interest in the boutique, since it pays for your house and trips and spa days for a three-year-old.

Do they ever dress their kids in colors other than brown and cream? I like these outfits better than the weird hippie ensembles from a couple of years ago, but it would be nice to see the occasional pop of color.

Layla is cute as a button. I’d rather listen to her talk than Evan’s narration. That spa day seemed like a lot of sitting still for a child. I hope they allowed her to work off some energy in between the various activities. At least she seemed to have a good time. I enjoyed the bit where she was pulling out her beauty products (including the stickies on which Carlin had written the activities) and saying “This is mine, this is mine,” then pulled out a piece of tissue paper and said “this is Daddy’s.” 

I’ll admit I’m not a big fan of either ear piercing or makeup for little kids. They’ve got plenty of time for that later. If the kid is going to cry at the piercing gun, you might want to put off ear piercing for a few years. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4

They've never discussed exactly what Evan's boutique job is. He does seem to help out in a general way.

He was an electrician but had to quit to take care of Carlin(who started having seizures and can no longer drive and probably? Not be left alone with baby). So now he works for the boutique and youtubes.

Edited by WatchingTheTireFireBurn
Autocorrect fail
  • Upvote 4

34 minutes ago, WatchingTheTireFireBurn said:

They've never discussed exactly what Evan's boutique job is. He does seem to help out in a general way.

He was an electrician but had to quit to take care of Carlin(who started having seizures and can no longer drive and probably? Not be left alone with baby). So now he works for the boutique and youtubes.

The last update we received was that Carlin is not allowed to be home alone and his electrician job could no longer extend his FMLA. He works at the boutique doing social media (I think), pics, reels, videos, etc. I don't know what else he does. I assume he packs orders like everyone else. I think they call Zach the business manager. 

• Upvote 6

6 hours ago, WatchingTheTireFireBurn said:

Today's youtube vlog:

Evan shocked me by NOT dragging out and being insane dramatic over the top about Layla's heart update.

Update: the hole has healed itself as expected. 

Thank you Evan for not spending 20 minutes being an ass about clickbait (this time).

The stupid hat didn't appear either! Whoo hoo!

Keep it up #nohat2023

There was some boring footage about the boutique. I was reading stuff on my phone and didn't actually pay attention.

The rest was a ridiculous Layla birthday day.

I'm actually pretty grossed out. It was all about making Layla "so pretty" and praising her for being a drama queen and encouraging her to value her looks over everything. Gag.

If Carlin entered her into a pageant next I would not be surprised.

Layla got a spa day. What toddler would want to play with friends or toys when you can get a facial?

Yet another manicure and a pedicure. They did her hair at a salon with hairspray and glitter.

She got make up done and make up to take home.

She got her ears pierced and it was so sad as Evan filmed her crying and crying and her poor little red swollen earlobes. 

They repeatedly had Layla show all her "presents" to the camera (make up, jewelry, and facials stuff...not like...toys or anything)

It was just gross to me how they went on and on about how she was sooooo pretty now.

Ew.

Thank you Jinger for not doing pedophile friendly youtube videos!

They were in Nashville. And showed the make over room's dresser that finally arrived.

And Evan put his dirty street shoes IN THE DRAWERS.

Did she get her ears pierced with ones of those awful ear piercing guns?

• Upvote 2

Just now, JermajestyDuggar said:

Did she get her ears pierced with ones of those awful ear piercing guns?

Yes.

They had 2 technicians do it simultaneously on both ears. Looked like a mall shop like Claire's. I can't decide if that's better or worse to do it at same time. But layla went from very excited to very pathetic crying immediately. If they told her it would hurt she certainly didn't expect it.

I wish Evan hadn't continued to film her sobbing so long. I felt so bad for her.

Later in the video they asked her if it was worth it hurting and she looked kinda panicked for a moment but then said yes. They said she's been asking for earrings for awhile.

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 5
  • WTF 1

I'm all for spending time with your child(ren). But be present in the moment. Show some highlights if you must, but seriously can Layla even recognize Evan without a camera? It came off sad that Layla didn't have any little friends or cousins to play with or have a spa day with that day. Did Whitney/Zach go skiing? What about her bestie Khloe? That just felt a little lackluster for a third birthday. I'm not saying she needed a huge party. It just felt rather flat and dull.

I realize some cultures pierce ears at an early age. I didn't come from that so I have a skewed view of it. My ear piercing came at 11 as a reward for my grades. Carlin and her sisters (not sure on the younger ones) did not get their ears pierced as kids because of Gothard based teachings. Given their lack of concern on other things, I wonder if this will turn into drama.

Maybe there were other gifts at home, but every gift was about being pretty and pink. No Legos? No doll? No game? No books? I realize we are closely off Christmas, but dang. I wish they ooohed and aaahed over smart in addition to cute. They do occasionally but they seem to be teaching her (at least on camera) that cuteness gets attention.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 9

4 hours ago, postscript said:

I’ll admit I’m not a big fan of either ear piercing or makeup for little kids. They’ve got plenty of time for that later. If the kid is going to cry at the piercing gun, you might want to put off ear piercing for a few years. 

At the ear piercing part, I would save that part and play it for any little girl who wants to get her ears pierced, and then ask "so you still want that done this year or do you want to wait until______(fill in blank for age; I got mine done when I was 11)"

57 minutes ago, BullyJBG said:

At the ear piercing part, I would save that part and play it for any little girl who wants to get her ears pierced, and then ask "so you still want that done this year or do you want to wait until______(fill in blank for age; I got mine done when I was 11)"

I'm happy my mom got it done for me as soon as she could when I was an infant. When I tried to get them at claires as a teen for a second, they didn't frame them well, and I got annoyed with how they felt when I fell asleep. But if I ever get something pierced again, it's off to the tattoo shop!

Could you imagine a bates there? LOL

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, GracieLou Free Duggar said:

I'm happy my mom got it done for me as soon as she could when I was an infant. When I tried to get them at claires as a teen for a second, they didn't frame them well, and I got annoyed with how they felt when I fell asleep. But if I ever get something pierced again, it's off to the tattoo shop!

Could you imagine a bates there? LOL

My ear holes are at slightly different angles or something. The surface holes look right but the angles going through the skin are different. So dangling earrings always hang differently from each ear. One ear the "front" of the earring points front but the other will always point the "front" of the earring off to the side.  Never looks symmetrical.  So aggravating. 

They've healed over and been repierced by myself and friends but always with that weird angle.

I've always thought I might get a proper piercer to fix it one day...but now im older and dangly earrings aren't worth the bother

• Upvote 2

My hubs and I are having this debate right now about getting our baby’s ears pierced. She’s 7 months old, and he thinks we should do it now so she won’t remember it. I’m more of the feeling that we should wait until she wants them done herself. 

I got mine done when I was 4. My mom took me to a hair salon and he used a gun to do one at a time. The first one was so painful that I cried and wouldn’t let them do the second! So I walked around with only one ear pierced for quite a few days, lol. My parents then got me numbing cream, and I went back a few days later with my dad and got the other one done no problem. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

Parents who raise their daughters to be attention seeking diva princesses will reap what they sow. : )

If the Bates daughters weren't fundy Christians, I think a few of them would loooove to be pageant moms (Carlin, Alyssa)

• Upvote 10

3 hours ago, Keys said:

My hubs and I are having this debate right now about getting our baby’s ears pierced. She’s 7 months old, and he thinks we should do it now so she won’t remember it. I’m more of the feeling that we should wait until she wants them done herself. 

I got mine done when I was 4. My mom took me to a hair salon and he used a gun to do one at a time. The first one was so painful that I cried and wouldn’t let them do the second! So I walked around with only one ear pierced for quite a few days, lol. My parents then got me numbing cream, and I went back a few days later with my dad and got the other one done no problem. 

I'm glad I didn't get earrings til I was near teenage. I ended up having very sensitive piercings that constantly got infected and wore sore even with all the recommended metals. If I had been younger would I have been able to explain all the discomfort and issues??

I then got 2nd piercings (despite all the problems) which at the time was rather shocking. And my 2nd holes never had the same issues. It was strange. Both times were the guns.

Oddly enough the earring that never bothered my ears was some cheap earring from a craft type fair that somebody had put together themselves from beads and silver charms.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, rebeccawriter01 said:

It came off sad that Layla didn't have any little friends or cousins to play with or have a spa day with that day. Did Whitney/Zach go skiing? What about her bestie Khloe? That just felt a little lackluster for a third birthday. I'm not saying she needed a huge party. It just felt rather flat and dull.

This was done in Nashville so they weren't with any of her little friends or cousins. I am sure they will do a family party back in Rocky Top. 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Keys said:

I’m more of the feeling that we should wait until she wants them done herself. 

Random internet person agreeing with you. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5

54 minutes ago, gobucks said:

This was done in Nashville so they weren't with any of her little friends or cousins. I am sure they will do a family party back in Rocky Top. 

I believe there is a ton of family in Nashville.

And it was their choice to take Layla to Nashville where she may not have any friends for her birthday.

(Although they're in Nashville enough I'm sure she knows his family well and knows the kids at church)

It's weird they didn't have a big party. That family seems to enjoy having get together. Why didn't they rent a bounce house or go crazy like that?

Is Carlin living out her trendy dreams by making up Layla? We're heading into Jill R territory with the physical appearance obsession. Only instead o f Axl Rose 80s glam. It's 2020s biege pink and  big nails.

Oh....is this how it started with Jill R but she never updated.....it was on trend once upon a time. Egads

• Upvote 3

When I think of three year old parties I picture scads of pre-schoolers running around, juice boxes and cake and games, maybe a bouncy house if you're fancy like that. Let a kid be a kid. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 8

2 hours ago, fluffernutter said:

When I think of three year old parties I picture scads of pre-schoolers running around, juice boxes and cake and games, maybe a bouncy house if you're fancy like that. Let a kid be a kid. 

My third birthday had a clown - my parents spent a fortune and it would be a long time until they did that again. He did balloon animals and magic with all of the children there. Turning 3 is often when kids start interacting instead of just playing next to another child. So I always wanted to celebrate that with my girls that they were becoming children instead of staying at that baby stage. Apparently they were out of town again, bit it just felt lacking to me. Maybe it is because the Bates (and Duggars) treat manicures and pedicures as nearly weekly occurrences. So a salon day felt less like a celebration and more like a regular Tuesday. She seemed to enjoy (other than the ear piercing) so that's good.

5 hours ago, gobucks said:

Maybe they will. But she has family/cousins in Nashville. So this still seems very lackluster. Carlin and Evan needed content so they offered every tedious moment of doing the nails and hair of a 3 year old. Wow.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Keys said:

Definitely wait till your kid has an opinion. I'm an adult without pierced ears and never wanted piercings. It's so weird to me that people do this to baby girls! Not all girls want to wear earrings!

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

48 minutes ago, rebeccawriter01 said:

Carlin and Evan needed content so they offered every tedious moment of doing the nails and hair of a 3 year old. Wow.

Agree. I think they needed content. It didn't seem to have much or any forethought(post it notes! For a child who can't read) . This was an easy way to do stuff they do anyway (or what Carlin wanted to do) and label it special birthday stuff. They went to Nashville so his family could watch Zade all day.

It's sad

• Upvote 4

Wait til your kid has an opinion about the earrings and also do it at a tattoo place. We went through a horrible infection getting some done at Claire's. 

I think they just wanted some time parent/child time with Layla and will do several other birthday things with their families. They seem to do multiple celebrations. I feel like Evan's family does monthly (or whatever frequency) birthday get together with the whole crew. I know we have seen those on their YouTube channel over the years. I *think* last year they did something just with Khloe and a movie night for her actual birthday. 

Do we know if Evan was homeschooled? What about all of his nieces and nephews?

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic