IGNORED

(CW&CSA) Josh & Anna 52: Sweeping Crackers for a Lower Sentence

samurai_sarah

Kind of what I thought.  It's more than the minimum, but not long enough IMO.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

1 minute ago, OldFadedStar said:

I will take 12.5. I would have loved more but:

A. J&A most likely won't have any more blessings

B. It's enough for Anna to have to legit figure something out 

C. Madisyn will be about 12 when he is released.

I'm very happy esp. about point A.

Now I'm dying to hear what else the judge has to say to him and also what reactions were by him, Anna, etc.

• Upvote 15

4 minutes ago, EmiSue said:

More than I feared, less than I hoped. So probably about right. 

That's what I was thinking. And Madison will be a pre-teen already when he gets out. Glad he's going away for a good long time. Long enough to make Anna think about her life, hopefully.

• Upvote 12

I really appreciate the posters here who are attorneys and/or familiar with comparable sentences, for helping me to be prepared for this particular sentencing.  (I also follow Emily D Baker, and she also provided a realistic viewpoint of what to expect).  While 12.5 years may be disappointing for many of us, it's still 12.5 years and much more than the 5 years requested by Josh's defense.  I don't think there is any chance that either the verdict or the sentence will be overturned on appeal.  If JB wants to waste more money chasing after an appeal, I hope he goes broke doing so.  

I guess next comes a period where Josh will remain at the jail he's currently being held in, until it is determined which federal prison will be his next home.

• Upvote 21

I was hoping for more but 12.5 years is 4,565 days. I still feel disappointed but it’s my own fault for trying to live out my fantasy of getting justice through Josh Duggar’s case.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 9

Only 12.5 years. I’m disappointed but glad that the stupid letters didn’t have a significant impact. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

I was hoping for the full 20, though the snarker in me would have enjoyed 19. That being said, 12.5 likely means no more blessings. Also, American prisons are horrible. Terrible food that barely meets caloric requirements, poor sanitary conditions, forced labour, and a scarily large reliance on solitary confinement. He definitely isn't gonna be sitting back and eating sweets.

• Upvote 10

If time already served reduces the length of time from here on, will it begin when he was taken into custody after the trial? I don't think it would include all that time he was being babysat by the Rebers since he wasn't in actual custody, but I'd like to know for sure.

• Upvote 7

Judge is recommending Seagoville in Texas due to a good sex offender program but that depends on bed space. The other alternative is Texarkana in Arkansas which is still a 4 hour drive.

Edited by FrumperedCat
  • Upvote 7
  • Thank You 29

1 minute ago, SPHASH said:

This is me right now

NINTCHDBPICT000697588228.jpg

Disclaimer-Not long enough though but twice what I expected.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

After processing this, what will be Anna’s next move? She now knows his fate and that there will likely be no more healthy babies. How long before JB turns really nasty and directs much of it towards her? Will she put her children’s lives and her health first?

• Upvote 10

Apparently they had no reaction, that tells me Josh, Anna and JB knew it would be near that, or maybe they are in shock.

• Upvote 14

4 hours ago, imokit said:

Reddit folks are saying that masks are mandatory for the unvaxxed.  So JB & Anna's masks are because of their attitude to Covid and another instance of the pious family values anti choice movement's dangerous disregard for the sanctity of human life.

Our local courts still require everyone to be masked inside the building regardless of vaccine status. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

That will make Anna 45, so probably no chance of M8. Madyson will still be only 13, though.

Praise Rufus!

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

1 minute ago, FrumperedCat said:

Judge is recommending Seagoville in Texas due to a good sex offender program but that depends on bed space. The other alternative is Texaxacana in Arkansas which is still a 4 hour drive.

I just looked up where Seagoville is... Dallas county... which means our friend Hillary could visit him often 🙂

• Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 4

Again according to Duggar Data, the sentence would have had to be 12.8 years to mean release after Anna’s fertility cut off (because of credit for time served and good behavior). So if they’re still together in about 10 years, M8 is unfortunately still possible. 

• Upvote 4
  • Disgust 2

2 hours ago, The Son of a Shepherd said:

I don't think that Boob has as much influence over the family like he had when the money was rolling in from 19 Kids and Counting. There might be a chance that Boob is going to shun some members of the family once he finds out that they didn't tow the line regarding their opinion of Josh. The whole family is collapsing like cheap scaffolding!

I am not sure that sitting with Joy would be seen by JB as a sign that James and Jason were not “toeing the line.”  Joy has not been effectively ostracized (as Jill has been).

JB knows Josh is guilty.  He may wish the whole family looked at the case the way Anna does, but he doesn’t really expect it.  

• Upvote 8

8 minutes ago, fluffernutter said:

Ok is that flexible though? Time off for good behavior or something, or is it firm?

No parole or early release in federal system. But at some point he may go to work release. Not sure.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, SassyPants said:

After processing this, what will be Anna’s next move? She now knows his fate and that there will likely be no more healthy babies. How long before JB turns really nasty and directs much of it towards her? 

I'd suggest she select a profession and start working on getting an education before that happens. She absolutely needs to work. 

For all intents and purposes, she no longer has a husband and will need to plan on taking out her own trash and sweeping up her own crackers.

• Upvote 28

4 minutes ago, FrumperedCat said:

Judge is recommending Seagoville in Texas due to a good sex offender program but that depends on bed space. The other alternative is Texaxacana in Arkansas which is still a 4 hour drive.

For the love of all that is good and holy please save those bed spaces for inmates willing to accept responsibility.

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 5

3 minutes ago, Cheetah said:

I just looked up where Seagoville is... Dallas county... which means our friend Hillary could visit him often 🙂

Judge can recommend but BOP has ultimate authority. I hope they send him to phoenix.

• Upvote 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic