IGNORED

(CW&CSA) Josh & Anna 52: Sweeping Crackers for a Lower Sentence

samurai_sarah

The rest of these boxes aren't going to unpack themselves but...somehow waiting for the verdict is more important. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

I’m still gunning for 19 years…

And counting!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1

C’mon hurry up. Josh has to get going on sweeping crackers in the big house. 

Also I formally nominate sweeping crackers in the big house as next thread title 

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 2

That's it.  I'm going to text my husband to get pizza for supper.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 15

Maybe "Anna's in the big house, Josh is in the pen"?

Edited by Alisamer
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 14

Just now, Alisamer said:

Maybe "Anna's in the big house, Josh is in the pen"?

Anna’s in the warehouse, Josh is in the pen?

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 8

9 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

Silence would be seen as being complicit, most likely.

Exactly. Amy is a bit "damned if she does, damned if she doesn't", here. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 3

2 minutes ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

Anna’s in the warehouse, Josh is in the pen?

Oooh that's better. I was thinking the TTH but that works even better.

• Haha 1
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

I’ve got no beef with Amy speaking publicly, especially since the victims don’t seem to want to speak.

And we know Jill and Amy are close, so I don't think Any would do something that Jill would object to.

Also, I have no doubt that JB has made Any and her mother's life difficult over the years.  Probably much more so since Mary died.  Being able to speak up against JB, the cult, and Josh is probably very freeing for her.  

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 2

44 minutes ago, Giraffe said:

I rolled my eyes at that. I’m so prepared for 6years or some other painfully short sentence. Even 14 years would be wonderful. I’m so cynical that I can’t get my hopes up. 

I get that people are prepared to be disappointed, but she’s a criminal defense lawyer and knows what she’s talking about. Given how the judge seems to be doing everything by the book, I don’t see him straying much from the sentencing guidelines. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

I've managed to get some laundry done through all this.

Dinner will be leftover stir-fry chicken and vegetables over brown rice.  Still better than what Josh is likely to have, though I imagine he'll be distracted...

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, lumpentheologie said:

I get that people are prepared to be disappointed, but she’s a criminal defense lawyer and knows what she’s talking about. Given how the judge seems to be doing everything by the book, I don’t see him straying much from the sentencing guidelines. 

After what Ketanji Brown Jackson went through in her confirmation hearings, I wonder if the judge has any concerns about how his sentencing decisions will affect his future? 

That's totally random thinking and just because my mind is walking the speculation bus aisle and I am tired of waiting. I have nothing from the judge or this situation to make me think that. specifically.

• Upvote 6

2 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

I keep going and doing chores and coming back.  My husband's work shirts are all freshly ironed and my bathroom is fucking spotless.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 8

1 minute ago, Dandruff said:

Dinner will be leftover stir-fry chicken and vegetables over brown rice.  Still better than what Josh is likely to have, though I imagine he'll be distracted...

Since the Duggars don’t believe in dancing soon he’ll be ‘jumping for joy’ to the jailhouse rock

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Alisamer said:

I think if the comma is part of the quote, it goes inside, and if it's not, it goes outside. Hopefully someone who actually knows will post but I think that's how it's supposed to work? Could totally be wrong, though.

You are thinking of question marks and exclamation points.  They go inside the quotes when part of the quotation, outside the quotation mark when they punctuate the bigger sentence.

Commas and periods in American English go inside the quotation marks always.  It makes no difference what the punctuation was in the quotation, the comma or period punctuate the sentence that incorporates the quotation.  

I don’t think it really matters in informal writing, actually.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

13 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

The rest of these boxes aren't going to unpack themselves but...somehow waiting for the verdict is more important. 

WIC isn’t going to go to the store & fill itself either. Glad to be in good company.

• Upvote 1

Laundry isn’t going to fold itself, food isn’t going to make itself. I don’t actually need to eat, my eating disorder team will understand. 

FINE! I’m going…

Edited by Father Son Holy Goat
  • Upvote 5
  • Love 3

4 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

What’s the likelihood that the sentence is not announced today?

Don't even think it! 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 2

I have an online meeting today at 3:30 central time. I hope the sentence is pronounced before then, or I'm going to be super distracted during my meeting.

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

After what Ketanji Brown Jackson went through in her confirmation hearings, I wonder if the judge has any concerns about how his sentencing decisions will affect his future? 

That's totally random thinking and just because my mind is walking the speculation bus aisle and I am tired of waiting. I have nothing from the judge or this situation to make me think that. specifically.

I think all judges expect their decisions to be scrutinized. 

And that's not a bad thing, IMO.

Justice Jackson was able to say that she followed sentencing guidelines. There was a lot of smoke around that very political line of questioning, but no fire.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

I got in from work five hours ago sat down and opened this thread. I haven't actually moved since then.

I am a responsible adult with a life. I am a responsible adult with a life. I am a responsible adult with a life... 😂

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 17
  • Love 5

2 minutes ago, noseybutt said:

I think all judges expect their decisions to be scrutinized. 

And that's not a bad thing, IMO.

Justice Jackson was able to say that she followed sentencing guidelines. There was a lot of smoke around that very political line of questioning, but no fire.

Yeah, that I know. I was just letting my mind wander. 

• Upvote 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic