IGNORED

(CW&CSA) Josh & Anna 52: Sweeping Crackers for a Lower Sentence

samurai_sarah

What are the odds that JB is done throwing good money after bad and tells Josh, Anna, and Gelfand that he’s not paying for an appeal?

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

Just now, Jacked said:

Judge can recommend but BOP has ultimate authority. I hope they send him to phoenix.

Why Phoenix?

• Upvote 4

Just now, noseybutt said:

For the love of all that is good and holy please save those bed spaces for inmates willing to accept responsibility.

It’s is BOP’s call. So it’s possible they will put him elsewhere since it’s obvi he won’t change.

• Upvote 4

Just now, Jacked said:

It’s is BOP’s call. So it’s possible they will put him elsewhere since it’s obvi he won’t change.

For sure.

Just interesting that the judge made some statement along those lines.

Everyone in the legal system plays their role. It irritates me when judges comment on treatment without understanding how the treatment needs to be triaged.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

The next question is what release restrictions will he have and when will we know.  Will he be allowed to live with the m kids?

• Upvote 2

I was hoping for more but it could be worse, 12.5 is still a lot of time. Does somebody know how much of it he will need to serve before he can get out?

• Upvote 2

All I wanted was for him to be in prison while Anna’s fertile years all go by. If they can’t have any more kids when he gets out, it’s a win. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 10

1 minute ago, llucie said:

I was hoping for more but it could be worse, 12.5 is still a lot of time. Does somebody know how much of it he will need to serve before he can get out?

He'll get credit for the time in jail (6 months?) and then have to serve 85%.  

• Upvote 4

if he must serve at least 85% and the clock started ticking from the day of the guilty verdict, i did a fast calculation, and the soonest he could get out is approximately June 2032.  So M7 would be ten and a half, and Anna 44.

• Upvote 14
  • Sad 1
  • Thank You 4

Fearless prediction:

No matter where Joshly is, Anna will drag all the M Kids to visit him as often as possible.  He's their kind. wonderful, cracker sweeping Daddy and they mustn't forget that.  Anna will give periodic interviews as the 12.5 years go by on how hard it is that her innocent, wonderful, kind, loving, godly, obviously framed hubby is away from his loving family, and they are all counting the days until he comes home.

When Joshly get out there will be a huge welcome home party at the big house (covered by some magazine, complete  with video).  Hopefully none of his siblings will attend -- even though JB may try to force them.  I suspect in the next 1- 10 years there will be a ton of F-offs to JB from the J siblings.

Fingers crossed for the tell-all expose book/interview I mentioned above.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Jacked said:

It’s rumored to be brutal.

Hoping for Phoenix. He is too smug to actually try to do a treatment program. 

Just now, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Fearless prediction:

No matter where Joshly is, Anna will drag all the M Kids to visit him as often as possible.  He's their kind. wonderful, cracker sweeping Daddy and they mustn't forget that.  Anna will give periodic interviews as the 12.5 years go by on how hard it is that her innocent, wonderful, kind, loving, godly, obviously framed hubby is away from his loving family, and they are all counting the days until he comes home.

When Joshly get out there will be a huge welcome home party at the big house (covered by some magazine, complete  with video).  Hopefully none of his siblings will attend -- even though JB may try to force them.  I suspect in the next 1- 10 years there will be a ton of F-offs to JB from the J siblings.

Fingers crossed for the tell-all expose book/interview I mentioned above.

Of course she is going to drag the kids, if she can, or at least drag her ass to be close to him as much as possible. She is going to find visiting a federal prison very different then what she is used to. 

• Upvote 7

8 minutes ago, Anne Of Gray Gables said:

I'd suggest she select a profession and start working on getting an education before that happens. She absolutely needs to work. 

For all intents and purposes, she no longer has a husband and will need to plan on taking out her own trash and sweeping up her own crackers.

Since she doesn’t have a legal support system (job, insurance, access to an ongoing supply of money) she would be eligible for government support, right? She needs to sign up, pronto!

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

12.5 years is OK -- also important is that the sentence will withstand any appeal which this one will probably do.

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 7

2 minutes ago, catlady said:

if he must serve at least 85% and the clock started ticking from the day of the guilty verdict, i did a fast calculation, and the soonest he could get out is approximately June 2032.  So M7 would be ten and a half, and Anna 44.

Her mother had her last at 45, so while unlikely it is still possible for them to have a miracle baby after he gets out. But hopefully she will divorce him at some point in the next 10 years, that is a lot of time to think and reflect about being married to a convicted sex ofender.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

Considering people who knew their stuff (Emily D Baker et all) were predicting 8-12, 12.5 is really good.

• Upvote 28
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

Just now, imokit said:

Considering people who knew their stuff (Emily D Baker et all) were predicting 8-12, 12.5 is really good.

This!!!

• Upvote 11

If fundie wiki is correct, Suzette was born in April 1955. David was born in July 1998. That means she was 43 when he was born. And 42 when he was conceived. 

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 3

13 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

What are the odds that JB is done throwing good money after bad and tells Josh, Anna, and Gelfand that he’s not paying for an appeal?

I have no idea, but I kind of hope he just keeps shelling out money because that's about the only thing that actually hurts him - having to spend lots of money.  Even if they immediately file an appeal, it's my understanding that the appeal process is not quick (nor is it likely to be successful in this case).

• Upvote 8

Would have liked to see the full 20, but figured that 12 years, which would be the the middle of the sentencing range, would be more likely.    That's long enough for Anna to figure out life without him as opposed to sitting there counting the days until he gets out.  

ETA: Full disclosure, I do get a good laugh at the fact that Daddy through a ton of money at bailing out (no pun intended) his scumbag son only to end up with this result.   

Edited by nokidsmom
  • Upvote 14

• Coconut Flan locked this topic