IGNORED

Webster4Eva 11: They don't know it's not vitally important to teach a 5 year old how to choose a man

HerNameIsBuffy

I seriously don't understand much about shadowbanning, but, from what I do understand it all has to do with hashtags, the usage of them and how people can find you. Maybe I've missed it, but, she doesn't seem to post much with hastags and she certainly hasn't been pushing products lately. I believe she did one this week for skincare. Usually it seems to be pictures of the kids.

It is weird to have that particular Instagram story video of hers flagged as "bullying" tho. Someone was reporting that to Instagram I guess? It's either one of those pearl clutching followers of hers who thinks you're not supposed to call your blessings "crazy" or one of those hate-follows did it to piss her off.

It's probably just a coincidence but Rachel WIssmann Busenitz also announced an extended insta break this week, so I'm kind of wondering whether there's been some sort of anti social media message going around in fundie circles. Apart from the shadow ban and a possible pregnancy, it might be that it's fashionable among fundies right now to take a step back and "focus on your family" because "the Lord laid it on your heart" or something like that.

Just as an aside, I've noticed before how the people I follow seem to repeat the same talking points at the same time - like, at least three of them, Carlin and Josie among them, have recently been talking about "spilled milk" and not getting stressed about little things as a mom. Makes you wonder if they are all working from the same script or just copying each other's content.

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 4

She's not shadowbanned. I just did a search, and her account popped up after typing in just "web." With a shadowbanned account, you'd have to type in her entire username for it to show up.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 11

5 hours ago, marmalade said:

She's not shadowbanned. I just did a search, and her account popped up after typing in just "web." With a shadowbanned account, you'd have to type in her entire username for it to show up.

I wonder if her views have dropped and she just assumed it was a shadow ban instead of facing that with no reality tv show and fairly shallow content people are bored with watching her. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 2

Her everyday story was Maci, Coffee, pool sunset,Maci in repeat.She herself must have realized or people noticed and pointed that they dont do anything. Her life is boring and she was struggling for content.Shadow ban seems like an excuse for her to get out of the situation as some folks would ask if she was missing!  She says she will take a break and focus on her family but what was she doing till now ? I am sure those coffee or pool pics she put didnt take her entire day so that is something I do not buy. I am sure she loves her daughters but John and her do not enjoy them and its a chore for them. John is excused and is out of the house but Alyssa is stuck.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3

17 minutes ago, Fundielandobserver said:

Her everyday story was Maci, Coffee, pool sunset,Maci in repeat.She herself must have realized or people noticed and pointed that they dont do anything. Her life is boring and she was struggling for content.Shadow ban seems like an excuse for her to get out of the situation as some folks would ask if she was missing!  She says she will take a break and focus on her family but what was she doing till now ? I am sure those coffee or pool pics she put didnt take her entire day so that is something I do not buy. I am sure she loves her daughters but John and her do not enjoy them and its a chore for them. John is excused and is out of the house but Alyssa is stuck.

If I was a homeschooling mom to 4, I would probably have a similar schedule to Alyssa. I wouldn’t want to take 4 kids in car seats a lot of places if I didn’t have to. It’s just a hassle. So I would stay home, play in the pool, and do homeschooling. It wouldn’t be interesting. Just like it’s not interesting when Alyssa does it. There’s nothing wrong with her schedule. But boring doesn’t sell on instagram. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

There is also the more recent collective cry from mothers that the perfectly choreographed lives displayed on IG are destructive to mere mortal mothers. Especially if these accounts are those of wealthier, large families. It’s almost like fake, reality TV. Think about what Alyssa was posting of her perfectly neat home, girls in matching, cute outfits with bows in their hair quietly working in the perfectly neat HS classroom, while baby girl sleeps and perfectly coiffed Alyssa works out wearing Lulu Lemon (SP?) and $250 running shoes, and waiting for someone to send lunch to their doorstep. Whose life is that? 

• Upvote 7

On John's page, Alyssa asks the kids "What is school?" The answers are sad.

Lexi: School is something you do that your teacher says.

Zoey: School is something when you sit still and con't talk to anybody.

Allie: Just doing your school.

So, school is silence, and obedience and sitting still. It is a chore. They say nothing about learning.  And Alyssa is so clueless as to be proud of these answers, and post them.

My own kids would have said, "School is when we make paper mache animals." "School is playing with my friends." "School is learning about stuff." "School is when my teacher reads to us about Willy Wonka." "School is playing lava monster on the playground."  

Edited by Jackie3
  • Upvote 11
  • Sad 16
  • Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, Jackie3 said:

Lexi: School is something you do that your teacher says."

So, school is silence, and obedience and sitting school. It is a chore. They say nothing about learning.  And Alyssa is so clueless as to be proud of these answers, and post them.

My own kids would have said, "School is when we make paper mache animals." "School is playing with my friends." "School is learning about stuff." "School is when my teacher reads to us about Willy Wonka." "School is playing lava monster on the playground."  

That is just sad. These kids are learning from preschool age that learning is something pretty terrible. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 7

12 hours ago, arareyeah said:

It is weird to have that particular Instagram story video of hers flagged as "bullying" tho. Someone was reporting that to Instagram I guess? It's either one of those pearl clutching followers of hers who thinks you're not supposed to call your blessings "crazy" or one of those hate-follows did it to piss her off.

Fundies beat their kids with plumbing. Why would they care about the word "crazy"? Besides, Alyssa wasn't yelling at Maci. She was laughing and having a moment with her (while filming). How could anyone look at that video and see bullying? The baby looked quite happy.

1 hour ago, Fundielandobserver said:

Her everyday story was Maci, Coffee, pool sunset,Maci in repeat.

I never understood why she thinks that drinking a cup of coffee is interesting. Who cares?

• Upvote 2

It seems many fundies have a coffee obsession (see the Maxwell sisters, Jinger and Jana Duggar and many Bates sisters). Maybe they like the stimulant effect? Maybe it’s the taste? Maybe it’s the freedom to enjoy an adult beverage😂I don’t see any of them taking it black though. It’s always some calorie laden drink. Well, adult Mrs Vuolo did switch to Nut Pod creamer, but that might have been merely for endor$ment purposes-

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

It seems many fundies have a coffee obsession (see the Maxwell sisters, Jinger and Jana Duggar and many Bates sisters). Maybe they like the stimulant effect? Maybe it’s the taste? Maybe it’s the freedom to enjoy an adult beverage😂I don’t see any of them taking it black though. It’s always some calorie laden drink. Well, adult Mrs Vuolo did switch to Nut Pod creamer, but that might have been merely for endor$ment purposes-

I think America has an obsession with any kind of stimulant. Our culture is so go go go. And fundies are no different since they tend to have a ton of kids. They need a stimulant to keep going. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, Jackie3 said:

Lexi: School is something you do that your teacher says.

At first, I was thinking that this was based on their indoctrinated perception of school compared to the awesomeness of homeschool, but maybe they’re too young to already have those ideas. (I’m recalling the video of the Rodrigues kids all saying how horrible regular school must be without ever having attended.) So now I think that this is really what they think about how they personally spend their days which is really depressing. And this attitude comes straight from the “teacher” that school is just something to be endured and nothing more.

• Upvote 8

18 minutes ago, JDuggs said:

At first, I was thinking that this was based on their indoctrinated perception of school compared to the awesomeness of homeschool, but maybe they’re too young to already have those ideas. (I’m recalling the video of the Rodrigues kids all saying how horrible regular school must be without ever having attended.) So now I think that this is really what they think about how they personally spend their days which is really depressing. And this attitude comes straight from the “teacher” that school is just something to be endured and nothing more.

Especially if mommy, Maci and the visiting aunts and uncles are swimming in the pool and having good eats on the patio while you’re stuck in the white HS room all day doing online school work.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

19 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Why would she want to be PG again? It would explain all the recent sibling visitors/help. I don’t think she really wants a boy and does any couple actually try for #5 of either sex? Seriously, Alyssa needs another kid like she needs more face makeup! God I hope she isn’t PG-

Among other reasons, she grew up in a cult that taught her having more children makes you a better person and a better mother. She grew up in a cult that's anti-birth control. She wants to have a boy for John. She was brought up that it's never a big deal to have another baby. Her parents had 19 kids. His parents had 6 kids.

Since I'm a former Catholic, this mentality of the "bigger is always better" is familiar. It's one of the reasons I left the church since I don't agree with it. If you had been Catholic, it wouldn't surprise as much. 

• Upvote 5

5 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Among other reasons, she grew up in a cult that taught her having more children makes you a better person and a better mother. She grew up in a cult that's anti-birth control. She wants to have a boy for John. She was brought up that it's never a big deal to have another baby. Her parents had 19 kids. His parents had 6 kids.

Since I'm a former Catholic, this mentality of the "bigger is always better" is familiar. It's one of the reasons I left the church since I don't agree with it. If you had been Catholic, it wouldn't surprise as much. 

Former RC, but logic always dictated. I always say I didnt get the pious, religious gene.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, SassyPants said:

Former RC, but logic always dictated. I always say I didnt get the pious, religious gene.

It's not how I am either. My point was I know people like Alyssa who are Catholic. These people think nothing of having yet another baby, like my acquaintance who just announced another pregnancy.

8 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

It's not how I am either. My point was I know people like Alyssa who are Catholic. These people think nothing of having yet another baby, like my acquaintance who just announced another pregnancy.

Alyssa seems so ‘’me-centric’’, that I didn’t think she’d be one to just go along. Erin, Michaela or Tori, yes, but Alyssa, I just don’t see it.

On 4/21/2022 at 6:14 PM, SassyPants said:

Why would she want to be PG again? It would explain all the recent sibling visitors/help. I don’t think she really wants a boy and does any couple actually try for #5 of either sex? Seriously, Alyssa needs another kid like she needs more face makeup! God I hope she isn’t PG-

I doubt Alyssa sees much of a difference between four or five kids and if she doesn’t care if she has a boy or not, I would bet she’d like to have a boy for John. My aunt (Catholic) had seven boys trying for the elusive girl, but didn’t get one. I would have been kind of sad if I didn’t have both sexes, but I got both. I had B G B and I think I would possibly have been tempted to want another if I had three of one sex. However, I was very relieved after #3 to think that I’d never be pregnant again and I’d have to have my husband 100% on board to try again.

• Thank You 1

1 hour ago, JDuggs said:

I doubt Alyssa sees much of a difference between four or five kids and if she doesn’t care if she has a boy or not, I would bet she’d like to have a boy for John. My aunt (Catholic) had seven boys trying for the elusive girl, but didn’t get one. I would have been kind of sad if I didn’t have both sexes, but I got both. I had B G B and I think I would possibly have been tempted to want another if I had three of one sex. However, I was very relieved after #3 to think that I’d never be pregnant again and I’d have to have my husband 100% on board to try again.

So are you saying that Alyssa has no idea about the economics of 4 kids vs 5? Because for the vast majority of people, economics also helps to inform decisions on family size. More kids could possibly mean fewer fancy dresses, shoes, coffee drinks and date nights. 

2 hours ago, SassyPants said:

So are you saying that Alyssa has no idea about the economics of 4 kids vs 5? Because for the vast majority of people, economics also helps to inform decisions on family size. More kids could possibly mean fewer fancy dresses, shoes, coffee drinks and date nights. 

Not when she's getting her matching family dresses for free. 
I can almost guarantee Alyssa would *always* find money to find her iced coffees and date nights. She'd go back to cleaning offices if she had to because - priorities.

• Upvote 9

2 hours ago, UnicornHunter said:

Not when she's getting her matching family dresses for free. 
I can almost guarantee Alyssa would *always* find money to find her iced coffees and date nights. She'd go back to cleaning offices if she had to because - priorities.

Well half the time it's Katie or that "friend" sending her coffee everyday

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, SassyPants said:

She grew up in a family and culture where it is the norm for the children to go without so parents can have their date nights and mini-vacations. When Gil and Kelly were very poor, they spent their money taking themselves on weekends get aways while relying on prayer to supply the needs of their children. I doubt it enters her mind that more kids might mean she should sacrifice some of her “fun” stuff to make sure her growing family has their needs met. 

But she has so many people who send her stuff that she could have bunches of more kids and not have to worry about spending her own money to buy them cute outfits. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

Add me to those who think she's pregnant. I don't expect there to be any pause in the baby-making now that her heart issues are resolved, we know she misleads us about whether she's going to have more. I think she doesn't really want more, not for the children themselves, but I doubt that plays into it. I suspect they will have at least 6. 

We know she had a hard time during the last pregnancy and if that's the case again it explains why she's not going to Lawson's wedding (and maybe stepping back from insta). 

• Upvote 8

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic