IGNORED

Webster4Eva 11: They don't know it's not vitally important to teach a 5 year old how to choose a man

HerNameIsBuffy

4 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

I always wondered why those girls don’t do extra sport and stuff. Parents are called their kids taxi for a reason. I know she has four but she wanted that many. She should be driving them to their own baseball practice and swimming lessons etc. 

the one thing I give her is that if I had a pool I would rarely go out either. My kid is a water bug and would happily spend all day in the water. But even before they had that house they never went to the park or the beach or indoor play area library etc no little excursions nothing unless it was a photo shoot. 
those kids are a prop and nothing more. 

I’ll admit, if  I’d  had 3 kids in less than 4 years, I wouldn’t leave the house much either.   Now though, there’s no excuse.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

50 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

She should be driving them to their own baseball practice and swimming lessons etc. 

Maybe the kids don't want to play sports.

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

Maybe the kids don't want to play sports.

Maybe they're told that girls don't play sports.

• Upvote 17
  • Thank You 1

They could be in dance classes. The girls would probably enjoy that. 
John plays softball but I’m not sure if it’s co-ed or not. They may have seen some female players when they’re at the ballpark. 

Edited by Tdoc72
  • Upvote 4

6 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

the one thing I give her is that if I had a pool I would rarely go out either. My kid is a water bug and would happily spend all day in the water. But even before they had that house they never went to the park or the beach or indoor play area library etc no little excursions nothing unless it was a photo shoot. 
those kids are a prop and nothing more

She confessed she rarely take the kids anywhere. She was asking for outdoor activities, but she isn't doing that. I understand it's a bit hard with 4, but I'm sure putting them in uncomfy clothes and forcing sitting long time at church is harder than picking some sandwiches and going to a park. Alyssa could do that... But she just puts no effort because (I assume) she personally doesn't like outdoors.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 6

Sha has mentioned that Allie would like dance classes and that Lexi would be great at more rough sports(did she mention soccer?) I forgot how she always drags the kids to nighttime softball games, no matter the time or weather. I always thought that was odd. Taking 4 kids to a late night game in the rain would be a hard no for me. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 3

3 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Sha has mentioned that Allie would like dance classes and that Lexi would be great at more rough sports(did she mention soccer?) I forgot how she always drags the kids to nighttime softball games, no matter the time or weather. I always thought that was odd. Taking 4 kids to a late night game in the rain would be a hard no for me. 

I wonder if it is an excuse for Alyssa to have social life. She has some friends but she's stuck at home most of the time. Every Sunday is church-inlaws-church. When she goes to the softball game, there is plenty of people, they eat snacks and have fun. Alyssa would really benefit of having a job, lunches with workmates, girl nights etc. 

• Upvote 9

1 hour ago, Melissa1977 said:

I wonder if it is an excuse for Alyssa to have social life. She has some friends but she's stuck at home most of the time. Every Sunday is church-inlaws-church. When she goes to the softball game, there is plenty of people, they eat snacks and have fun. Alyssa would really benefit of having a job, lunches with workmates, girl nights etc. 

I think Alyssa should definitely go to those late games and socialize with other adults, but get a sitter. She never seems to have a problem securing care when needed. Doesn’t John have teenage nieces and nephews? No young child needs to be out until all hours so mom can have a social life.

• Upvote 9

On 4/9/2022 at 11:56 PM, Melissa1977 said:

Alyssa will never put girls at school, not only because her father in law (a big reason), but also because she doesn't value academic knowledge.

Never say never!

• Alyssa could get sick with heart problems again and be unable to homeschool.
  • Dan Webster could die (if he is an impediment)
  • The HVAC company could do badly, and Alyssa would need to get a job.
  • Alyssa and John could decide that screen school is not giving the kids a good education.
  • Teenaged Allie could grow depressed from the isolation of screen school, and the Websters could decide more socialization would help.
  • Alyssa and John could attend events at the local public school and realize what their kds are missing (admittedly, this one is unlikely)
  • Alyssa could grow depressed from her SAHM life, and the family is forced to make a change that gives her more free time.

Maci is only 1. The Websters have school aged kids for another 17 years. A LOT could happen during that time. Why assume that their beliefs/finances/pressures are the same in 2021 and 2037? There's even a huge difference between 2021 and 2022 (the loss of the show).

Edited by Jackie3
  • Upvote 3

Alyssa’s father in law is vehemently against brick and mortar schooling. Taliban Dan preaches that all schools are Satan’s pathway to your children’s hearts.  And Alyssa and her husband appear to worship him.  I can’t see them sending the kids to even a church school while he’s alive.

(That said, the last photo of Taliban Dan shocked me with how old and frail he looks now. )

I think the only possibility of Alyssa sending the girls to school will be after Dan Webster passes away. 

Edited by MomJeans
Typo
  • Upvote 10

3 hours ago, MomJeans said:

I think the only possibility of Alyssa sending the girls to school will be after Dan Webster passes away

Only if John's siblings do it. All her "rebellions" (pants, regular swimming clothes, working while her husband was at home with the girls...), have been "rebellion" against Bates beliefs, but never ever against Websters beliefs. I'm not sure if young Websters are quiverful, but I wouldn't be surprised if Alyssa is open about birth control just because her inlaws are doing that, too.

• Upvote 12

38 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

Only if John's siblings do it. All her "rebellions" (pants, regular swimming clothes, working while her husband was at home with the girls...), have been "rebellion" against Bates beliefs, but never ever against Websters beliefs. I'm not sure if young Websters are quiverful, but I wouldn't be surprised if Alyssa is open about birth control just because her inlaws are doing that, too.

We really have no idea whether Alyssa/John have rebelled against Webster beliefs.  Also, why would it matter what the siblings do? Do you mean that John will keep his kids home until even his 27-year little sister gives him the OK to send his kids to public school? Why would he care what she thinks? 

Frankly, I think rebelling against modesty dictates (ie, allowing little girls to wear shorts) is possibly a bigger rebellion than homeschooling. Some fundies let their kids attend Christian school, but very few stop caring about girls tempting boys into having lustful thoughts that cannot righteously be fulfilled.

Dan Webster has about 22 grandchildren. I assume they are homeschooled, but do we know, for sure that all 22 are homeschooled?

4 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I think Alyssa should definitely go to those late games and socialize with other adults, but get a sitter. She never seems to have a problem securing care when needed. Doesn’t John have teenage nieces and nephews? No young child needs to be out until all hours so mom can have a social life.

I imagine the little girls find it very exciting to be out late. There may be other children there to play with (if Alyssa lets them out of the car). I can't see how it hurts them. I think putting makeup on their little faces before their "date" with their father is far more destructive than an occasional late night out. I hope there are women on the teams, though, as I 'd hate for the girls to get the message that men play sports, and women root for them.

Edited by Jackie3
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1
  • Eyeroll 1

4 hours ago, MomJeans said:

(That said, the last photo of Taliban Dan shocked me with how old and frail he looks now. )

I think the only possibility of Alyssa sending the girls to school will be after Dan Webster passes away. 

He's 72. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

So Alyssa posted that she had been under a shadowban from instagram for months and that she isn"t going to bother making regular content anymore and will focus on YouTube. 

• Confused 4

10 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

So Alyssa posted that she had been under a shadowban from instagram for months and that she isn"t going to bother making regular content anymore and will focus on YouTube. 

That’s weird. I don’t think she posts controversial stuff. Did she say why?

• Upvote 2

51 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

That’s weird. I don’t think she posts controversial stuff. Did she say why?

Apparently the video of Maci hitting her in the face got flagged as harrassment and bullying. 

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1

51 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

Apparently the video of Maci hitting her in the face got flagged as harrassment and bullying. 

Oh I remember that. What a strange thing to flag as bullying.

• I Agree 1

54 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

Why do I find this so funny and am kind of like. Sucked in. Get off your phone and parent your kids. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 5

24 minutes ago, Jrodseyeliner said:

Why do I find this so funny and am kind of like. Sucked in. Get off your phone and parent your kids. 

I thought her IG story was kind of bratty on her part. Sort of like, “I’ll show you IG. I’m taking my toys and going home.” She really thinks she’s all that, doesn’t she?

• Upvote 12

I think she’s pregnant. Wants to announce on her monetized YouTube and doesn’t want people finding out via her story. This is a popular thing these days for fundie ish influencers to do these days. I can recall several who have taken a first trimester break from Insta and then came back with an announcement. 

Edited by Grace987
Edit to add clarity
  • Upvote 10
  • Thank You 2

3 minutes ago, Grace987 said:

I think she’s pregnant. Wants to announce on her monetized YouTube and doesn’t want people finding out via her story. This is a popular thing these days for fundie ish influencers to do these days. I can recall several who have taken a first trimester break from Insta and then came back with an announcement. 

I think she is pregnant as well and close to the end of the first trimester and yeah, I thought she wanted all the pregnancy content on YouTube.

• Upvote 3

Why would she want to be PG again? It would explain all the recent sibling visitors/help. I don’t think she really wants a boy and does any couple actually try for #5 of either sex? Seriously, Alyssa needs another kid like she needs more face makeup! God I hope she isn’t PG-

• Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 2

1 hour ago, Grace987 said:

Idk, I watched the story and she seemed genuinely annoyed about Instagram shadow-banning her. 

I'm not an expert in social media but a teen told me this: people claim they are "shadowbanned" when their content isn't getting enough likes and views. In other words, they're unhappy with the response they are getting to their content, so they convinced themselves they are shadowbanned.

Alyssa said "You're crazy" in an affectionate tone to her baby. My teen source said this is very unlikely to get you flagged. Apparently there's a lot worse stuff out there.

Finally, it appears that influencers often say that they're moving to youtube -- the instagram form of flouncing--but then don't actually do it. They can't stay away, I guess.

Honestly, to. me she doesn't look at all pregnant. What about her appears pregnant?

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

Add me as another one thinking she is pregnant. Based purely on the fact she isn’t going to the Lawson-Tiffany “classy” wedding and the hurry to be done with homeschooling for the year. 
Being shadowbanned would probably explain the weird deleting of posts/photos she has been doing the last few months. As I don’t have Instagram, I have no opinion on her stories.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic