IGNORED

Webster4Eva 11: They don't know it's not vitally important to teach a 5 year old how to choose a man

HerNameIsBuffy

You're welcome.  This is the first time anything I posted became a thread title.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

Well, the Websters announced on their blog this week that they’re adding a second episode per week of their Vlog. Color me not surprised since the show went belly up.

• Upvote 11

14 hours ago, clueliss said:

Well, the Websters announced on their blog this week that they’re adding a second episode per week of their Vlog.

How exciting! Starbucks! Mcdonalds! Cleaning the house soaked in make up! 

• Upvote 5
  • Rufus Bless 3
  • Haha 13

On 2/2/2022 at 4:34 PM, RosyDaisy said:

You're welcome.  This is the first time anything I posted became a thread title.

And it's true! They do think it's vitally important and their followers agree. I've been reading the comments on the daddy/daughter date. They say things like, "Now she'll know how to choose a godly man." and "Her daddy is showing her what to expect from her dates." 

Edited by Jackie3
  • Upvote 4
  • Disgust 5
  • WTF 7

When I was that age, and older, my dad was telling me "if someone touches you and you don't want to, slap them and tell them no."  What a different life those Webster girls lead.

Of course, he did bring me chocolates on occasion and secretly pass them through my bedroom window.  Which come to think of it my husband has never done! Son of a...

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 26

13 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

And it's true! They do think it's vitally important and their followers agree. I've been reading the comments on the daddy/daughter date. They say things like, "Now she'll know how to choose a godly man." and "Her daddy is showing her what to expect from her dates." 

They're better off teaching her to be financially independent and self-sufficient so she doesn't have to rely on a man. 

• Upvote 21
  • Love 2

They're teaching her that her father and future husband are similar sources of authority in her life, and that it's her job to please whichever one currently has her heart. 🤮

• Upvote 9
  • Disgust 4
  • I Agree 5

2 hours ago, Mrs Ms said:

There must have been a lot of negative pushback because Alyssa deleted the post about the date! John still had it up when I checked.

Maybe, but the comments I saw were really positive. "So cute!!!" "Something she'll always remember!!" "This will teach her how she should be treated on dates!!!"

• Upvote 2

I got ragged on for speculating before that Alyssa has some sort of disordered eating. She shared this today. As I suspected she lives off iced coffee and zero carbs until dinner. 

D080889D-D0D8-4CD6-A679-DFFA85DF3232.png

• Upvote 5
  • Disgust 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • WTF 7

54 minutes ago, UnicornHunter said:

I got ragged on for speculating before that Alyssa has some sort of disordered eating. She shared this today. As I suspected she lives off iced coffee and zero carbs until dinner. 

D080889D-D0D8-4CD6-A679-DFFA85DF3232.png

The label says “not too sweet.” My cold brew of choice is Califia and it’s labeled “unsweetened.” I wonder if there”s sugar added to the Stok brand? I limit my intake to 1, 5 oz serving a day because of the caffeine content. I have sinus tachycardia and have been counseled to my limit my caffeine intact. I wonder since Alyssa’s  SVT as been surgically treated, if she is considered cured and does not have to limit her caffeine intact?

ETA- JUST LOOKED IT UP. YES, THIS PRODUCT DOES HAVE CREAM AND CANE SUGAR ADDED. IT ALSO HAS A LOWER CAFFEINE CONTENT THAN THE BRAND I USE. THIS COMPANY ALSO SELLS AN UNSWEETENED VARIETY.

Edited by SassyPants
  • Thank You 3

5 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

The label says “not too sweet.” My cold brew of choice is Califia and it’s labeled “unsweetened.” I wonder if there”s sugar added to the Stok brand? I limit my intake to 1, 5 oz serving a day because of the caffeine content. I have sinus tachycardia and have been counseled to my limit my caffeine intact. I wonder since Alyssa’s  SVT as been surgically treated, if she is considered cured and does not have to limit her caffeine intact?

I actually have the same because it’s delicious - it’s very high caffeine, 130 mg per serving. 

099F5491-0EC8-4CF5-9CAD-D72178768143.jpeg

Edited by UnicornHunter
  • Thank You 3

It seems very strange that someone with her heart issues would be existing on so much coffee. That wouldn't be good for someone without those issues! Even if the heart issues are resolved, isn't she concerned about a recurrence? Is that 100% unlikely to happen?

And the way she glorifies the coffee, too, as though we should be impressed. Who cares if you bought some cheap iced coffee  at Mcd? Why are you wiggling it on instagram for me to see?

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1

I posted on here before that I was concerned about the Bates girls because of how much they seem to value their appearances. And given they are all constantly posting about eating out and getting take-out, I just worry/hope that they aren’t engaging in some form of disordered eating to maintain their thinness. I don’t follow all of them super closely, but it seems like they’re constantly eating out, and if they do post a meal they’ve made, it doesn’t look super healthy. Genetics could be playing a big role too of course, but the fact that Alyssa posted that adds to the concern I already had. 😞

• Upvote 4

I imagine John is out of the house for breakfast and lunch, so Alyssa engages in disordered eating by consuming only turkey bacon. At supper, she puts together a real meal and she eats normally.

• Upvote 7

9 minutes ago, Keys said:

I posted on here before that I was concerned about the Bates girls because of how much they seem to value their appearances. And given they are all constantly posting about eating out and getting take-out, I just worry/hope that they aren’t engaging in some form of disordered eating to maintain their thinness. I don’t follow all of them super closely, but it seems like they’re constantly eating out, and if they do post a meal they’ve made, it doesn’t look super healthy. Genetics could be playing a big role too of course, but the fact that Alyssa posted that adds to the concern I already had. 😞

I have mentioned it before, but I’m always shocked at the # of restaurant meals consumed and the portion sizes of those meals (photographed). There is not way in Hades those women are eating those meals and not gaining weight, unless those are the only meals they eat for 2 days. Of course that would be indicative of disordered eating. I speak from experience on this one. There is double hell to pay in terms of metabolism as one ages, when one was a disordered eater as a younger person. In terms of genetics, the Bateses do not come from naturally thin genes.

Kelton and Josie post a lot of their at home meals on IG. While the meals look delicious, the portions are huge! 

• Upvote 4

21 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Kelton and Josie post a lot of their at home meals on IG. While the meals look delicious, the portions are huge! 

I wonder if this is the result of living in a poor family with 15+ mouths to feed. They seem to relish in the abundance of food, and then show it to their followers as though they'll be impressed too.  "Look at all I get to eat!"

• Upvote 10

Eh, all of the Bates girls in their 20s post about working out a lot and they seem like they have genetically high metabolisms. I've always thought Alyssa ate unhealthily because it's how she was raised, rather than having an eating disorder. Alyssa, Carlin, Katie, and Josie have always been pretty thin.

6 minutes ago, indianabones said:

Eh, all of the Bates girls in their 20s post about working out a lot and they seem like they have genetically high metabolisms. I've always thought Alyssa ate unhealthily because it's how she was raised, rather than having an eating disorder. Alyssa, Carlin, Katie, and Josie have always been pretty thin.

On her wedding day KJ was thinner than all of them! I think maybe those girls were thinner because of food insecurities. I think the Bateses had some lean year$.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

I have mentioned it before, but I’m always shocked at the # of restaurant meals consumed and the portion sizes of those meals (photographed). There is not way in Hades those women are eating those meals and not gaining weight, unless those are the only meals they eat for 2 days. Of course that would be indicative of disordered eating. I speak from experience on this one. There is double hell to pay in terms of metabolism as one ages, when one was a disordered eater as a younger person. In terms of genetics, the Bateses do not come from naturally thin genes.

Yes, I totally agree with you! 

• Upvote 1

I’m not going to diagnose anyone with an eating disorder. I’m just going to throw my opinion out there that I see disordered eating and problematic thinking surrounding food EVERYWHERE. It is completely ingrained in our culture and think very few adult women are completely unscathed. I see it on Instagram, Facebook, tv, everywhere. Some women have full blown eating disorders and some have disordered eating habits and patterns but would never be diagnosed with an eating disorder. Which is unfortunate because then those folks may think they are fine and there’s nothing wrong with the way they eat or think about food. So many women connect what they eat with their self worth. If they eat “bad foods” then they are worthless/disgusting/no willpower. And their self esteem is based around how healthy they think they are eating each day. I imagine most people, including fundies could use some help when it comes to disordered thinking about food/eating/weight. 

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 5

1 hour ago, indianabones said:

Why do you think they all have genetically high metabolisms? Michaela and Tori seem to be average weights with (probably) average metabolisms. The sisters who are most into fashion and instagramming are the super-skinny ones. So it's probably dieting/disordered eating, not genetic. 

• Upvote 6
  • Eyeroll 1

11 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

Why do you think they all have genetically high metabolisms? Michaela and Tori seem to be average weights with (probably) average metabolisms. The sisters who are most into fashion and instagramming are the super-skinny ones. So it's probably dieting/disordered eating, not genetic. 

It can totally be genetic. You can see that some of the kids take after one side of the family more. Gil is short and stocky. Kelly was very thin when she got married, yes, but most people were a lot thinner back in the 80s. She's had 19 kids, too. Her daughters are mostly in their 20s and don't have 19 kids (yet). They may end up gaining weight as they age, and they may not.

My sister and I are build totally different, and we have the same parents and upbringing. She's more solidly built with an hourglass shape, like my mum's mum, and I'm pear shaped and my body type is just like our mum. It's funny how genetics work like that! My brother has my mum's legs, too haha!

Edited by MaryOrMartha
  • Upvote 6

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic