IGNORED

Webster4Eva 11: They don't know it's not vitally important to teach a 5 year old how to choose a man

HerNameIsBuffy

Yes, bringing forth a new life is wonderful and awe inspiring. Yes, raising kind, compassionate, loving children who contribute to the well being of themselves and others is an important endeavor. But is that the only purpose for women in their world? Is that why boys are so coveted, because they are offered a more expansive world of choice? I think about all the bright, intuitive, hard working and curious successful contributing women who have populated the planet, and I wonder if fundies are blind, deaf and dumb to those contributions. They claim children are blessings, but really aside from having a uterus, a vagina and 2 hands for housework females really have little use in the fundie world. Look at how the fundie lifestyle has aged Priscilla Waller and Kendra Duggar. It would be 1 thing if these mega families and their approach was producing and unleashing a plethora of smart, hard working, motivated and kind people into society, but that does not appear to be the case. It’s all hacks and grifting; smoke and mirrors.

• Upvote 16

4 hours ago, lumpentheologie said:

We know she had a hard time during the last pregnancy and if that's the case again it explains why she's not going to Lawson's wedding (and maybe stepping back from insta). 

Maybe she just doesn't want to go to the wedding. That's reason enough. 

• Upvote 4

Alyssa seems to love every opportunity to dress up.  At a wedding, there are plenty of people to help mind the kids so she can socialize as well.  She may be pregnant, they may be managing money carefully and flying a group of kids is pricey, or John may not want to be away from his work as the busy season is in full swing.

Or she secretly despises weddings and is glad she doesn't have to put on a show since she is finally not in one.

• Upvote 6

There was a person on Reddit who broke down why Alyssa probably isn't shadow-banned but she probably lost her influencer tools for too many strikes. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 9

For fun, I asked my GD who is in 2nd grade (Allie’s grade) what school is. She said that ‘’school is a place where you go to learn subjects like Math, Phonics, Art and Science. The people who teach these subjects are teachers. Sometimes the classes can be boring, but you also get to meet friends and have fun.’’ I’m thinking my GD’s ‘’school’’ experience is very different than the Webster girls’ education.

• Upvote 12
  • Love 9

I asked my 5 year old about school. "School is a place where there is lots to do and learn and you play with your friends. That's what school is."

Edited by CanadianMamam
  • Upvote 7
  • Love 10

2 hours ago, SassyPants said:

For fun, I asked my GD who is in 2nd grade (Allie’s grade) what school is. She said that ‘’school is a place where you go to learn subjects like Math, Phonics, Art and Science. The people who teach these subjects are teachers. Sometimes the classes can be boring, but you also get to meet friends and have fun.’’ I’m thinking my GD’s ‘’school’’ experience is very different than the Webster girls’ education.

What a smart kid! She summed it up perfectly.

• Thank You 2

here's a shower thought: 

Could Alyssa be so competitive with Erin or jealous of Erin's growing social media follower count that she'd consider getting pregnant at least partly to "beat" Erin's child count? 

20 minutes ago, browngrl said:

here's a shower thought: 

Could Alyssa be so competitive with Erin or jealous of Erin's growing social media follower count that she'd consider getting pregnant at least partly to "beat" Erin's child count? 

She’s already 1 behind, but…she’s younger and doesn’t have the ‘’purported’’ fertility issues that Erin has.

• Upvote 1

On 4/25/2022 at 1:30 AM, CanadianMamam said:

There was a person on Reddit who broke down why Alyssa probably isn't shadow-banned but she probably lost her influencer tools for too many strikes. 

What’s influencer tools? And who gives and takes them 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, AussieKrissy said:

What’s influencer tools? And who gives and takes them 

If to behave an influencer instagram there is a dashboard where you can accept payments and track activity. But if you have too many infractions, instagram will remove them. Alyssa had moved all her content to John's account, so I am sure thay is what happened. 

The same poster stated that Alyssa's going rate for an Instagram ad was $4500. 

• WTF 2
  • Thank You 3

On 4/24/2022 at 4:16 PM, SassyPants said:

She’s already 1 behind, but…she’s younger and doesn’t have the ‘’purported’’ fertility issues that Erin has.

What do you mean “purported”? Didn’t Erin lose an ovary, and only have a fragment of the other? 

• I Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Mama Mia said:

What do you mean “purported”? Didn’t Erin lose an ovary, and only have a fragment of the other? 

I do think it’s strange that someone missing an ovary and only part of the other got pregnant so quickly. I’m not saying she’s lying. But maybe the ovary that was left was not in as bad of shape as described. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 3

30 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I do think it’s strange that someone missing an ovary and only part of the other got pregnant so quickly. I’m not saying she’s lying. But maybe the ovary that was left was not in as bad of shape as described. 

She was open about the fact that she was going into early menopause, but also menopause can cause hyper-fertility and if her body is going into early menopause, her overaries are likely over producing and trying to dump all the eggs. 

• Upvote 10

My point about her fertility is only she and her medical team really know. All we know for sure is after Erin revealed these issues, she quickly was PG and birthed # 5. 

• Upvote 7
  • Eyeroll 1

2 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

She was open about the fact that she was going into early menopause, but also menopause can cause hyper-fertility and if her body is going into early menopause, her overaries are likely over producing and trying to dump all the eggs. 

Women in their late 40s and early 50s still have sex. If they were hyper-fertile, you'd see them giving birth a lot. But you don't. Where are those hyper-fertile pregnant 50-year olds? 

Personally, I think Erin got some assistance from technology. She mentioned going to a fertility doctor.  I doubt it was just for a consult as she implied

1 hour ago, Jackie3 said:

Women in their late 40s and early 50s still have sex. If they were hyper-fertile, you'd see them giving birth a lot. But you don't. Where are those hyper-fertile pregnant 50-year olds? 

A lot of them use birth control still (or had permanent birth control). But in my close family alone I can think of at least 8 after 40 pregnancies, including my grandmother and MIL (and my other grandmother was 39). One relative as a nurse who was positive she had gone into a menopause and oops. But generally egg quality declines as you get older, so less successful pregnancies. Erin is only 30, her egg quality is likely fine. 

• Upvote 13

3 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

The "hyper-fertility" in regards to older women refers to the increased likelihood of a twin pregnancy, should an older woman fall pregnant.

• Upvote 7

28 minutes ago, samurai_sarah said:

The "hyper-fertility" in regards to older women refers to the increased likelihood of a twin pregnancy, should an older woman fall pregnant.

Yep, because you are producing more eggs at once. So it might be the same case with Erin's one working ovary. 

• Upvote 4

9 hours ago, SassyPants said:

My point about her fertility is only she and her medical team really know. All we know for sure is after Erin revealed these issues, she quickly was PG and birthed # 5. 

Ok? I mean people getting pregnant unexpectedly, after medical issues, is uncommon but hardly unheard of. Just like getting pregnant after a tubal ligation, or around menopause. It happens. Seems kind of strange for people to be doubting her, especially when she and almost every single woman in her family seems to be hyper fertile. 

Eta: I just happen to have friends and family members who have had very unlikely pregnancies, usually accidentally. So it doesn’t seem THAT rare. 

Edited by Mama Mia
  • Upvote 6

I don't necessarily get the impression that @SassyPants was doubting her, just that we haven't seen her medical record (nor would anyone here expect or want that, I'm sure) so we have her layman's recount of what happened.  Things may or may not be as dire as they sounded as Erin is not medically trained.  Her getting pregnant in short order may certainly be a result of her body dumping eggs - I think this is probably most likely - or she may still have a functional portion of ovary and continue normal cycles for a time.  We just don't know at this point and she may not either since the future is a moving target.

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 1

She also may have exaggerated her condition because she liked the narrative of having a miracle baby. But we have no proof either way, so for all we know she was genuinely surprised by the pregnancy.

I guess it all comes down to how much you're willing to trust Erin's account - which in turn may depend on how likeable you find her. Or you may have no strong feelings either way.

Edited by Nothing if not critical
  • Upvote 10

On 4/26/2022 at 10:03 AM, SassyPants said:

That was God's reward, you silly. Nothing to do with biology. /s

• Upvote 8

11 minutes ago, FaithAndReason said:

That was God's reward, you silly. Nothing to do with biology. /s

Too bad that God hasn’t thought to reward Michaela. *sarcasm*

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 9

52 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Too bad that God hasn’t thought to reward Michaela. *sarcasm*

And she seems to be their most frequent babysitter! Just imagine watching those five kids all the time while your sister talks about her miracle baby. I don’t know how Michael does it. I would go nuts. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 5

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic