IGNORED

Webster4Eva 11: They don't know it's not vitally important to teach a 5 year old how to choose a man

HerNameIsBuffy

In their most recent Youtube just up about Mothers Day it seemed very low-cost. Not that that I think it's a bad thing but it just adds to the theory that they are cutting back on expenses. I mean they didn't even show her getting flowers. It might be that like a lot of families they are noticing the effects of inflation in their every day costs like food and I'm not sure about the US but in my country interest rates are also going up very quickly and those who have bought houses the most recently are usually holding the biggest mortgages and facing the biggest increases in repayments. Not sure how the Websters financed their recent house purchase but they may be in that boat.

• Upvote 4

Didn’t they also post about having to paint the outside of their house recently ? I assume that’s a big expense as well.

• Upvote 4

17 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

Alyssa also had something with her instagram and her YouTibe updates the most frequently but has had the least growth this year and average by far the least amount of viewers, so I could see them being the ones feeling it first. 

Without the show, the kids are all in semi-competition with the YouTube channels as there is only so much family content (although Erin isn't bothering with that and only doing tutorial types). 

Alyssa still has the second most subscribers but she is also the second-most established and Erin is only 6k followed behind, when she was 18k behind in January. 

Youtube pays for views not for subscribers. Alyssa doesnt get much views per video. I think her starting to upload 2 videos a week was trying to make up for it.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2

On 5/13/2022 at 7:50 PM, Fundielandobserver said:

I feel kind of sad for Alyssa 

Personally I find it very difficult to feel sad for someone who espouses such hateful beliefs regardless of the event she is missing. These beliefs are damaging my country...

Anyway, I must have missed it is she not allowed to shill stuff via Instagram because of something?

Maybe if it is finances she will have to get out of the house, get a job, send her children to school, meet other people, and start living...a Girl can dream.

• Upvote 18

11 minutes ago, WiseGirl said:

Personally I find it very difficult to feel sad for someone who espouses such hateful beliefs regardless of the event she is missing. These beliefs are damaging my country...

Exactly. It is hard to pity someone who was advocating that people take up guns and fight to the death to keep conservative Christians in power. Alyssa is shallow and vain, but she is also a religious extremist who is fine with burning democracy to the ground and hurting people who don’t share her beliefs. And she knew exactly how controversial her post pushing her pastor’s political message would be because she turned off comments. Alyssa goes to a scary, scary church and apparently fully supports what is being taught. 

• Upvote 22
  • I Agree 2

9 hours ago, WiseGirl said:

Anyway, I must have missed it is she not allowed to shill stuff via Instagram because of something?

Maybe if it is finances she will have to get out of the house, get a job, send her children to school, meet other people, and start living...a Girl can dream.

Especially since this is about her missing one of many, many siblings' weddings. I have sympathy for her heart problems. Most weddings (especially religious weddings) are a lot alike, it was probably filmed, and she will probably see her family again by the end of the year.  It's a little disappointment for Alyssa, but it's not a big deal in the grand scheme of things.

5 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

It's a little disappointment for Alyssa, but it's not a big deal in the grand scheme of things.

If, indeed, she was disappointed. Jury's still out. Maybe she finds Lawson insufferable and vain. Other people feel that way.

On 5/13/2022 at 8:24 PM, CanadianMamam said:

I mean there could be lots of reasons why Alyssa didn't go to the wedding by herself. But when a precious poster suggested financial abuse/control, I thought it was far more likely that John didn't want to be in charge of the girls as there has never been any examples of him doing so. 

If that's the case, he's a pretty crappy father and husband.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I think finances probably are a factor, but I still find it extremely odd that she wouldn’t fly out with the baby and find a way to pay for one ticket. Especially when she is the only family member to miss it.

And I get what people are saying about there being a million weddings in that family, but most likely there won’t be any others that require a flight to attend.

I think missing a sibling’s wedding is a very big deal. I think it’s also a very big deal for the bateseseses, as evidenced by every single other person attending. These people elevate marriage (and having children) as the end all and be all. 

A flight is expensive, but she could have gotten just one ticket, shared a room with a sibling, etc. This is a person who goes on cruises and loves parties. She’s not a hermit. She has access to free family childcare. And she had time to plan. This wasn’t a last minute event. 

I think there’s more to it than finances, just not sure what it is. 

• Upvote 4
  • Move Along 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 1

Is it possible Alyssa didn’t go because of Covid??? Have they actually been responsible about it? Maybe her doctor has advised her not to fly in a pandemic given her health issues/high-risk category. And now planes don’t even require masks. Hasn’t she missed other Bates family events in the last couple of years?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Johannah said:

I think missing a sibling’s wedding is a very big deal. I think it’s also a very big deal for the bateseseses, as evidenced by every single other person attending. These people elevate marriage (and having children) as the end all and be all. 

A flight is expensive, but she could have gotten just one ticket, shared a room with a sibling, etc. This is a person who goes on cruises and loves parties. She’s not a hermit. She has access to free family childcare. And she had time to plan. This wasn’t a last minute event. 

Finally, a fundie is bucking family "rules" and not being a sheep. And she gets nothing but criticism. Good for you, Alyssa!

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
  • Thank You 1

Alyssa, John and the girls all traveled to NC to visit Mama Jane and Papa Bill. I see exactly what she’s doing. She wants to visit her grandparents without her siblings, nieces, nephews, and parents around. And I can’t blame her one damn bit. I bet it’s so much nicer to visit her grandparents without her huge obnoxious attention seeking family around. You probably can’t even have a conversation with Mana Jane when her extended family is around. It’s so obvious Alyssa didn’t have the personality for an enormous family. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 2

34 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Alyssa, John and the girls all traveled to NC to visit Mama Jane and Papa Bill. I see exactly what she’s doing. She wants to visit her grandparents without her siblings, nieces, nephews, and parents around. And I can’t blame her one damn bit. I bet it’s so much nicer to visit her grandparents without her huge obnoxious attention seeking family around. You probably can’t even have a conversation with Mana Jane when her extended family is around. It’s so obvious Alyssa didn’t have the personality for an enormous family. 

When the Bates still had the show there was a visit the grandparents episode and I remember the general attitude of said grandparents being “of course we love the children, but this is a lot.” So I imagine the grandparents were happy to see a smaller group. 

• Upvote 13

2 minutes ago, SunnySide said:

When the Bates still had the show there was a visit the grandparents episode and I remember the general attitude of said grandparents being “of course we love the children, but this is a lot.” So I imagine the grandparents were happy to see a smaller group. 

I see Gil’s parents similar to JB’s dad. They don’t seem pleased their child decided to have 19 kids. But they just go with it. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 7

37 minutes ago, SunnySide said:

I wonder if they have asked them to come in smaller groups. Nathan and Esther were there right after the wedding and Zach and Whitney are heading there next week. 

• Upvote 6

3 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

I wonder if they have asked them to come in smaller groups. Nathan and Esther were there right after the wedding and Zach and Whitney are heading there next week. 

I think the Bates family as a whole often goes visit around July 4th. Maybe they are spreading them out now during the summer. 

• Upvote 4

56 minutes ago, llucie said:

Gil was there too not long ago. Hopefully nothing is going on with the grandparents healthwise.

They looked just fine in Alyssa's pics. They dressed up to attend church, so they don't seem to be ailing.

• Upvote 1

For the last two years they seem to have been visiting one or two families at a time with Gil and Kelly and the ones left at home visiting at the Fourth of July for Papa Bill's birthday. 

It makes sense with Gil, Kelly, 19 offspring, 10 spouses, one fiance, 20 grandchildren, etc., they are a problematic visit for anyone but especially people in their 80s. While they were filming the show it seemed that a few of the older ones (Zach and Alyssa mostly) would visit ahead of the family getting there and then stay through the family visit. I'm sure it is nice for them to get some one on one time and not just be part of the crowd. 

Gil's father was having some heart issues a few years ago. I don't know if those have cleared up or become manageable.  

• Upvote 5

I hope Bill and Jane told them to spread it out. I’m guessing it’s what they wanted and not what Gil wanted. 

• Upvote 5

Alyssa is very close to Jane. So that makes sense. 
Alyssa also had a separate room with Josie. 

Alyssa shares Jane's feeling about family size.

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I hope Bill and Jane told them to spread it out. I’m guessing it’s what they wanted and not what Gil wanted. 

I think the demise of the show helps. There is no longer the excuse of needing to film everything with everyone. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/31/2022 at 8:08 PM, rebeccawriter01 said:

It makes sense with Gil, Kelly, 19 offspring, 10 spouses, one fiance, 20 grandchildren, etc., they are a problematic visit for anyone but especially people in their 80s.

I was adding this up as I read it and realized that’s a combined total of 52 people if they host them all at the same time! 😳 

That’s 2/3 the size of all of the people who were in attendance at my wedding. How could anyone comfortably host that many people just anytime. It would be a major planning event just to host (part of, since Jane and Bill have other kids and grandkids) them all, and even more planning involved for an event like Christmas or Thanksgiving that generally are bigger events and need more planning for ordinary sized families.

19 kids is way too many for one family and that number grows exponentially in subsequent generations. The mind boggles. 🤯

• Upvote 10

12 hours ago, JustEnough said:

I was adding this up as I read it and realized that’s a combined total of 52 people if they host them all at the same time! 😳 

That’s 2/3 the size of all of the people who were in attendance at my wedding. How could anyone comfortably host that many people just anytime. It would be a major planning event just to host (part of, since Jane and Bill have other kids and grandkids) them all, and even more planning involved for an event like Christmas or Thanksgiving that generally are bigger events and need more planning for ordinary sized families.

19 kids is way too many for one family and that number grows exponentially in subsequent generations. The mind boggles. 🤯

Yep, it will be 54 by the end of the year. The family has been growing at an average of 2.5 babies a year, so if they keep that rate up (and there is no reason to think the won't), they will reach 100 people in 15 years (counting spouses of the 8 younger kids). And that is not counting if the second gen get married and have kids. Just Gil and Kelly's kids (and ILs) and grandkids. It is insanity. 

Gil and Kelly could legitimately have 70 or 80 grandchildren. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 2

12 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

Yep, it will be 54 by the end of the year. The family has been growing at an average of 2.5 babies a year, so if they keep that rate up (and there is no reason to think the won't), they will reach 100 people in 15 years (counting spouses of the 8 younger kids). And that is not counting if the second gen get married and have kids. Just Gil and Kelly's kids (and ILs) and grandkids. It is insanity. 

Gil and Kelly could legitimately have 70 or 80 grandchildren. 

JB and Michelle want 200 grandkids. 

Edited by Bluebirdbluebell
  • Upvote 2

20 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

Gil and Kelly could legitimately have 70 or 80 grandchildren

Probably more. Even if we leave Michal out, they ‘only’ 5,5 each on average to make it to 100. Most of them are well on their way.

• Upvote 3

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic