IGNORED

Carlin & Evan 10: Living in Their Own Instagram Sitcom

nelliebelle1197

Crew actually reminded me of a vlogging family with a kid named Krew.  

I prefer Cruz to Crew.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Three siblings: Ax Max, E Rex Max, and Mad Max. 

It’s as if 8 year olds were naming those kids-

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 5

A friend of mine has a son named Weston.  She's very different from Carlin.

When I read Wilder, all I could think about is Van Wilder, a teen movie with Ryan Reynolds. It has an infamous scene of a dude eating a bread roll with dog semen in it. This is the only reference I have to Wilder as a name, which is why I was very confused why anyone in their right mind would call their child Wilder.
But if it's also the name of a national park, that makes more sense. Still would never use it though, because Van Wilder the movie.

• Disgust 4
  • WTF 1

On 1/4/2022 at 8:49 AM, Expectopatronus said:

I tend to assume that Knox is for John Knox which would track for Bates offspring. Rabidly anti Catholic, religiously fervent and convinced that he was right and everyone else was wrong. 

Knox was used by Angelina Jolie for one of her kids and since then it's grown in popularity. I think it's just a name the like and it's relatively popular. 

When John Knox was alive, the Catholic Church was just rabidly anti-non Catholics. Only since Vatican II has the church officially become tolerant of non-Catholics. Some Catholics were probably always nice, but some still non-Catholics as lesser. The practice of any individual Catholics vary wildly.

23 hours ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

I'm surprised nobody commented on how OBVIOUS a name like Arrow is for this fertility cult.

Then the next one needs to be Quiver, followed up by Seed. 

• Haha 6

On 1/6/2022 at 10:16 PM, GuineaPigCourtship said:

I'm surprised nobody commented on how OBVIOUS a name like Arrow is for this fertility cult.

My mom had a friend whose daughter adopted a four-year-old girl from the state (MA) foster care system.  The little girl was named Arrow and absolutely hated her name.  When the adoption was finalized, Arrow's name was promptly changed to Allison.  

This was quite a while ago-in the early 90s-so Arrow/Allison has to be pushing 30 by now.  

• Upvote 6

In this weeks video they did reveal they did not get the house.  “God closed the door”.  Their words, not mine,

• Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank You 1

They also revealed that they both have been sick over the holidays. Carlin said she has been sick on every holiday this year. The doctor also put her back on the heparin shoots for the clothing dissorder earlier than she expected and she seems to be struggling with depression. She said she doesnt feel like herself and some days cant even get out of bed. She thinks it is all pregnancy hormones and will get better once she has the baby. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 15
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 1

6 hours ago, llucie said:

They also revealed that they both have been sick over the holidays. Carlin said she has been sick on every holiday this year. The doctor also put her back on the heparin shoots for the clothing dissorder earlier than she expected and she seems to be struggling with depression. She said she doesnt feel like herself and some days cant even get out of bed. She thinks it is all pregnancy hormones and will get better once she has the baby. 

Let me guess, they got 'what's going around' like Alyssa and family?!

• Upvote 5

15 hours ago, HeartsAFundie said:

My mom had a friend whose daughter adopted a four-year-old girl from the state (MA) foster care system.  The little girl was named Arrow and absolutely hated her name.  When the adoption was finalized, Arrow's name was promptly changed to Allison.  

This was quite a while ago-in the early 90s-so Arrow/Allison has to be pushing 30 by now.  

Friends of the family have a child they adopted after she was placed in their care as foster parents. She was named after a unique brand of alcohol (spelled the same and everything). She was nine at the time of the adoption and when asked if she wanted to change her first name too, she was so happy and helped pick out her new first name. 

I have no problem with unique names. And all names were “made up” names at some point in history. At some point somebody probably thought my now horribly common first name was “newfangled”. But dang. I think some parents give up the notion that a name is usually pretty permanent in order to sound cool, find a name no one else has, or name the baby after something they like. 

• Upvote 6

7 hours ago, llucie said:

God I hope they decide to use NFP in the future. 

• Upvote 4

I wonder if they had COVID again… sounds like they got really sick. 😞

I felt for Carlin while watching the video. A lot of what she described - not being able to get out of bed, feeling like being in a cloud, rapid mood swings, etc - made me feel worried that she could be experiencing depression. Evan mentioned he suggested that she should get her hormones checked. I just hope that if she is struggling with mental health, she’s able to talk about it freely and get any help or medications she needs. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 4

I had Covid in December 2020 and I still have some symptoms: brain fog, no smell, easily fatigued, lung feels weaker. And I had it mild and wasn't pregnant. Down the line they could all get problems, especially if they are not vaccinated :( How many times has she had it now?

• Upvote 1
  • Love 12

17 minutes ago, nellautumngirl said:

I had Covid in December 2020 and I still have some symptoms: brain fog, no smell, easily fatigued, lung feels weaker. And I had it mild and wasn't pregnant. Down the line they could all get problems, especially if they are not vaccinated :( How many times has she had it now?

I’m sorry that you’re still dealing with that! I was just reading a study out today that suggests there could be a link between covid and future development of diabetes (needs to be studied more before we make any conclusions). I hate when people hyper-focus on only the death rate like that’s the only thing that matters. No. Some people are suffering long-term from this. 😞

We know for sure she’s had it at least once, I’m not sure when exactly? Sometime last year I think or in late 2020? They didn’t say this time that they’d had covid again, but the way they described how sick they got made me wonder. 

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

YouTube forbids using terms related to covid and stay monetized, so they can't admit what we all suspect is the truth. Maybe someone will ask her about her illnesses on IG, and she can address them there. 

Edited by marmalade
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3

Having a harder time with pregnancies than when you had no child doesn’t sound very outstanding to me? Especially when you have added medical issues that need your attention. You have less breaks, you and your partner cannot structure everything around your needs anymore. A child and a dog have their own needs that need to be addressed and if it’s just food, clothes, walks and waking up at night from time to time. 
I don’t know, I am just not surprised- maybe by her openness about it, even though with them I always subtract like 35% of the severity because they are so over dramatic with everything (good and bad stuff).

And I absolutely get the blows when added medical issues arise earlier than last time and if you find it general harder to follow up. In my very personal experiences- if you long for a child and are hit with a miscarriage first you definitely can have a different drive to just tackle whatever to ensure your next baby makes it (no matter if those things are in correlation or not). After a successful pregnancy and birth you can definitely find those added things to do more tedious, because you have to concentrate on more than just having this new baby “survive”. It’s hard to explain. And subsequent pregnancies can definitely take a harder (or softer) toll on your body as well. I feel for her (as I do for everyone that doesn’t have an easy peasy pregnancy), and I hope this are not the signs of a deeper issue. But for now, I think it’s not unusual and not exactly something to worry about (apart from the people that actually know her, know how she actually does and could actually help and support).

On 1/9/2022 at 11:54 PM, llucie said:

Oh lord I hope she gets herself checked my prenatal depression turned into post natal depression. Hateful beliefs aside I don’t wish that shit on anyone.  

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 9

• 2 weeks later...

Carline posted a reel on Instagram using an audio from the office. Someone asked if she’s seen every episode and she said oh it’s more of Evan sense of humor but she’s seen a few of them. Honestly that’s progress. Never would’ve though a Bates would know/ enjoy the office. That’s like actual mainstream TV

• Upvote 1

The last half of this weeks video they go over baby names. Specifically they weed a bunch out. It sounds like the middle name will be Patrick which is Evan’s middle name.

They’re really indecisive and it may take until he’s born.  

• samurai_sarah locked this topic