IGNORED

Carlin & Evan 10: Living in Their Own Instagram Sitcom

nelliebelle1197

On 11/22/2021 at 3:25 PM, Mrs Ms said:

What is really confusing me is that George Floyd was an adult and wasn’t shot. If he was aiming at kids, shouldn’t the answer have been “George Zimmermann” or the names of the officers who shot Tamir Rice? Or any other act of police violence against black youngsters? 
They are racist AND stupid! Heartbreaking that this is modelled as acceptable behaviour to all the little kids in the family. Joking about murder - oh so very Christian of them! 🤬

Bingo, stupid. Not a one of them is curious about anything beyond their own noses and cheap restaurant meals. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

On 11/21/2021 at 5:13 PM, klabourdeth said:

The fact that they have a confederate room was all I needed to know where their beliefs aligned

How does Kelly justify that what with her black adopted siblings??

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, Freejin said:

How does Kelly justify that what with her black adopted siblings??

For one, I wonder if Kelly actually loves them as she’d love a biological sibling. I doubt it. Also, she might - consciously or subconsciously - use her acceptance of them as some sort of alibi for herself.

Her reasoning could be that she and her husband and children surely can’t be racists, they have black family members after all. So, they don’t need to reflect on their behavior cause whatever they say, do, or vote for is fair game. At least that’s a line of thought I could imagine they follow. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

Carlin has sounded sick on her stories for the past several days, and she’s going out and about with no mask. I know we’ve talked about their carelessness around covid extensively before but geez 😕

• Upvote 11

4 hours ago, Keys said:

Carlin has sounded sick on her stories for the past several days, and she’s going out and about with no mask. I know we’ve talked about their carelessness around covid extensively before but geez 😕

I've noticed this too, she keeps saying she "lost her voice last weekend" and it's... still gone.

• Upvote 11

So there’s a thing similar to TikTok called reels on Instagram. I was just watching some and up popped Evan. He’s in a car and has tools in his hands.  He says something like “is it easy? No. Do I like it? No. And the written words were like “providing for your family.”  My GOD I’m old. I have no idea how to discuss social media. 🤣 anyway, I wonder if that was snark geared forwards someone or just him complaining. 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Upvote 3

47 minutes ago, fluffernutter said:

So there’s a thing similar to TikTok called reels on Instagram. I was just watching some and up popped Evan. He’s in a car and has tools in his hands.  He says something like “is it easy? No. Do I like it? No. And the written words were like “providing for your family.”  My GOD I’m old. I have no idea how to discuss social media. 🤣 anyway, I wonder if that was snark geared forwards someone or just him complaining. 🤷🏼‍♀️

I just had a look and the reel did seem quite tongue in cheek - mind you, though, that Carlin wrote in the comments how thankful for and proud she is of him so she seemed somewhat serious. 

• Upvote 3

@FluffySnowball yeah I don't think I get or understand tik Tok. The kids keep sending us tik toks on our family text and I',m like what? why? what's happening? 🤣 My brain has officially switched over to old lady mode. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 6
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, fluffernutter said:

@FluffySnowball yeah I don't think I get or understand tik Tok. The kids keep sending us tik toks on our family text and I',m like what? why? what's happening? 🤣 My brain has officially switched over to old lady mode. 

I was in old lady mode before “family text” was a thing. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 4

@QuiverFullofBooks Music is another area where my age is obvious. When I was young I couldn't understand why in the world my parents only listened to "oldies." Now, I never know current music unless its someone super popular like Taylor Swift and it seems the last decade I ever listen to is the 80's, which I guess is now the oldies. 🤣 I actually said to my kids on day "That's not music, that's noise!" OMG I've turned into my mother. 

• Haha 7
  • Love 4

13 minutes ago, fluffernutter said:

OMG I've turned into my mother. 

We all do, eventually 😂. Isn't there an Oscar Wilde quote to that effect?

ETA: Found it!

"All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his."

Edited by Nothing if not critical
  • Upvote 7
  • Haha 1
  • Love 2

At the first look I was like is that Josie? I thought they posted a pic of carlin and josie together because everyone is talking about them both having a problem. 

+ what do you think happened between them ?

Spoiler

1126756158_Screenshot2021-12-10at2_22_28am.thumb.png.7aff087254bc1676adb53bbb320a3b92.png

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Dbm said:

At the first look I was like is that Josie? I thought they posted a pic of carlin and josie together because everyone is talking about them both having a problem. 

+ what do you think happened between them ?

Hide contents

1126756158_Screenshot2021-12-10at2_22_28am.thumb.png.7aff087254bc1676adb53bbb320a3b92.png

Josie and Carlin did take a picture with Michael at the wedding. I don't think Josie and Carlin are feuding, I think they are just very different. I mean, I 💯 think Carlin and Erin are feuding but I think Carlin and Josie just don't click and might be in competition to be the social-media sister. 

I do find it interesting that Josie and Erin have seemed much closer in the last several months but that could be about bonding over miscarriage/difficult pregnancies and Tori rather than anything to do with Carlin.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

Flashbacks? Wasn't the wedding like a week ago?

She means to her own wedding since Katie got married at the same place she did. I’m sure the whole video is making her sister's wedding about herself and spoiling even more details than her and Alyssa already have. I’ll be shocked if UP has that much new footage to show for the wedding special. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, sparrow said:

Carlin and Erin are feuding?

It sure seems like it. They have been silent on each other's social medias since July, including their respective baby announcements, Erin skipped a bunch of events that Carlin organized and she has left the boutique. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2

I would find Erin’s “perfection” extremely irritating. I can see how she might come over as sanctimonious and a little bit “my way is more godly”. This would probably annoy Carlin. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

Are these people serious?  Driving a car, even at low speed, with a toddler in your lap?  What about if another car hits them - Layla would be through the windscreen. Is this even legal in the US?  Kelton doesn’t have his seatbelt on either. 

3096D274-A94F-4EA5-BDB6-551AD5488276.png

• Angry 1
  • WTF 11
  • I Agree 4

Just for context, since I did not see that? are we sure the car is driving? Or is it just parked?

And Kelton? Did you mean Evan or is Kelton somewhere (off the frame) too?

• Upvote 6

2 minutes ago, SeekingAdventure said:

Just for context, since I did not see that? are we sure the car is driving? Or is it just parked?

And Kelton? Did you mean Evan or is Kelton somewhere (off the frame) too?

It’s on her story, visible now. The car is absolutely moving. And oops yes, Evan, I get these husbands all mixed up. 

• Upvote 5

• samurai_sarah locked this topic